Predict the outcome of the India versus England Test series?

Predict the outcome of the India versus England Test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
5 Test series starts on 9th November in Rajkot.

What do you think will be the outcome of this series?

India 3-2. Can't see there be a draw due to Kohli capatincy and England batters always looking to score and there bowlers being erratic.

5-0 India. No question of England winning in SC

I've seen England win three Test series in India in the last 40 years. I voted for 3-2 to India.

If England had had the imagination to select Pietersen and Panesar I would have voted for 3-0 to England.

3-2 to India?

Only if Anderson comes back and roars in full force all series (has to do better than even in 2012 where he won Kolkata test for England).

Or Indian batsmen for some reason implode against Moeen Ali again.

Or Jaddu goes completely off boil (I am a touch concerned for him).

Or Ashwin has another meltdown.

I would say even England's 2012 side comes now, it will be a ruthless fight with India scraping a series win. Those who closely watched the 2012 series will know what I am talking about.

Logic dictates 5-0.

But cricket doesn't work based on logic always.

So maybe England can win an odd game at most but will give a good fight in all games.

This is India's series to lose. Ashwin owes it to Indian fans to right what he did in 2012.

Last edited:
India 2-1.

Expect the Chennai test to get washed out while another could be a draw. India might collapse in one of the innings to give England the advantage in one of the tests. Overall expect India to prevail 2-1 or 3-0.

3-2 to India?

Only if Anderson comes back and roars in full force all series (has to do better than even in 2012 where he won Kolkata test for England).

Or Indian batsmen for some reason implode against Moeen Ali again.

Or Jaddu goes completely off boil (I am a touch concerned for him).

Or Ashwin has another meltdown.

I would say even England's 2012 side comes now, it will be a ruthless fight with India scraping a series win. Those who closely watched the 2012 series will know what I am talking about.

Logic dictates 5-0.

But cricket doesn't work based on logic always.

So maybe England can win an odd game at most but will give a good fight in all games.

This is India's series to lose. Ashwin owes it to Indian fans to right what he did in 2012.

England play better as the undergogs and Root has a big score coming up. Don't underestimate this England team.

3-1 to India.

Surely England are not the types to be whitewashed.

England play better as the undergogs and Root has a big score coming up. Don't underestimate this England team.

2012 were underdogs but they had supreme quality to them.

Cook, Pietersen, Swann, Panesar, Anderson....

Root came in for 4th test.

Don't see that much quality this time around.

I said they will compete very well but win 2 tests in India?

Ok since Ashwin debuted in 2011, India has not lost a test in India other than the 2 tests against England in 2012 where he was pure rubbish. Apart from that series, every side had to encounter whitewash in India (those who didn't were saved by rain).

If he clicks, England ain't winning 2 tests unless batsmen totally mess it up.

If its not 5-0 to India then it ll b big failure from Indian team ( if matches are not effected by rain)

3-0

4-0

4-1

3-1

2-1

All seem likely with rain washing out other games (hypothetically speaking).

5-0 needs some serious focus by Indian team. Let's see if they are capable of that.

England will defo fight hard and not let us dictate the proceedings. If we get complacent, they WILL make us pay.

Last edited:
2-1 to India

One game being rained off and India losing one game to Eng.

2012 were underdogs but they had supreme quality to them.

Cook, Pietersen, Swann, Panesar, Anderson....

Root came in for 4th test.

Don't see that much quality this time around.

I said they will compete very well but win 2 tests in India?

Ok since Ashwin debuted in 2011, India has not lost a test in India other than the 2 tests against England in 2012 where he was pure rubbish. Apart from that series, every side had to encounter whitewash in India (those who didn't were saved by rain).

If he clicks, England ain't winning 2 tests unless batsmen totally mess it up.

England need to make sure they don't overload there side with left handers because Ashwin will have them on toast.

Them stats are scary but England have performed well recently when they are the underdogs. You don't see much quality? Root,Cook,Bairstow shouldn't be taken lightly even if it's in India. Stokes is capeble of producing match winning performances with bat or ball.

If England can bowl and play spin well anything is possible. But don't see anything other than an Indian series win.

Just hoping for a competitive series.

No one except cook know to block or pick up the turn n hence eng even winning a test match looks far from realism

Root have some quality but he need to step up in subcontinent conditions,this is his best chance to cement his place as the current best

England need to make sure they don't overload there side with left handers because Ashwin will have them on toast.

Them stats are scary but England have performed well recently when they are the underdogs. You don't see much quality? Root,Cook,Bairstow shouldn't be taken lightly even if it's in India. Stokes is capeble of producing match winning performances with bat or ball.

If England can bowl and play spin well anything is possible. But don't see anything other than an Indian series win.

Just hoping for a competitive series.

That's why they will fight hard.

But you need bowling to win.

Bring in old Swann, Monty and peak Anderson into this side and I will say the series can go in any direction due to the depth of English batting now. 2012 had Pietersen but this side has even more depth with strong tail and Root coming onto his own.

That's why they will fight hard.

But you need bowling to win.

Bring in old Swann, Monty and peak Anderson into this side and I will say the series can go in any direction due to the depth of English batting now. 2012 had Pietersen but this side has even more depth with strong tail and Root coming onto his own.

Yes need Anderson back asap. He could be danger to Indian line up. Imagine this line up

Cook
Hamed
Root
KP
Bell
Stokes
Bairstow
Moen
Anderson
Broad
Monty/Swaan

That would give India a real test. Can't trust current English spinners and there batters don't seem to have the tempremeant to bat for long periods vs the accuracy of Jadeja and Ashwin.

I've seen England win three Test series in India in the last 40 years. I voted for 3-2 to India.

If England had had the imagination to select Pietersen and Panesar I would have voted for 3-0 to England.

So which of those players from the 1976/77 and 1984/85 series are still playing for England or India?

5-0 assuming no rain. We're gonna make them grovel here. This is the end of Jimmy's career . :viv

5-0 assuming no rain. We're gonna make them grovel here. This is the end of Jimmy's career . :viv

We would also like India to have a firm grip on the #1 ranking, and continue on a path to a rating of 130+ though I know all the whining about India not really being #1 will likely continue indefinitely.

So which of those players from the 1976/77 and 1984/85 series are still playing for England or India?

My point is that even mediocre English players (John Lever, Graeme Fowler) have won series in India, even against the likes of Gavaskar, Bedi or Azharuddin.

In county cricket you get much more exposure to spin than Aussies do. This is not a walkover.

We also won the one-off Jubilee Test in 1980 too. So make that four away series victories in India!

Last edited:
My point is that even mediocre English players (John Lever, Graeme Fowler) have won series in India, even against the likes of Gavaskar, Bedi or Azharuddin.

In county cricket you get much more exposure to spin than Aussies do. This is not a walkover.

We also won the one-off Jubilee Test in 1980 too. So make that four away series victories in India!

I think living in the past is going to leave you disappointed. Rather than what happened 40 years ago, the relevant indicator is what happened in BD a week ago. To be blunt, Eng was thrashed by BD in the second Test. To think the same team will be competitive against Indians (who are at a different level from BD) is losing touch with reality.

England to win the series. They've had good preparation with the BD tour, plus I expect Moeen and Rashid to run through the Indian line up a couple of times, at least. :usman

3-0

4-0

4-1

3-1

2-1

All seem likely with rain washing out other games (hypothetically speaking).

5-0 needs some serious focus by Indian team. Let's see if they are capable of that.

England will defo fight hard and not let us dictate the proceedings. If we get complacent, they WILL make us pay.

Hasn't the rainy season passed? Where does it rain in India during November Dec etc Kerala?

Mostly we will see 4 day matches what with Kohli's penchant to play aggressively and England's perceived propensity to capitulate to spin.

If india get white washed 5-0, then this indian team should be made symbol of National Shame, and india should stop playing cricket for ever, there is more chance of pegs flying then india conceding a whitewash, or i would go as far as to say that it will be a miracle even if england manage to avoid whitewash.

4-0 to England with one game being abandoned due to rain unfortunately :kohli

I think living in the past is going to leave you disappointed. Rather than what happened 40 years ago, the relevant indicator is what happened in BD a week ago. To be blunt, Eng was thrashed by BD in the second Test. To think the same team will be competitive against Indians (who are at a different level from BD) is losing touch with reality.

Thats a very good post! [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] has a soft spot for the 70s and 80s ERA :) but still he is a greaaaat poster. Love his posts.

I think it will be 2-2. These games against Bangladesh has prepared England. Play Jos Butler, 2 spinners in Moeen and Rashid and 3 fast bowlers in Stoke, Broad and Woakes. Joe Root can be used to bowl 5 or so overs if necessary. Rashid is good. He will be effective providing England score the runs, so Jos Butler is a must in the side. My England line-up for first 2 tests: Cook, Ben, Root, Moeen, Stokes, Butler, Bairstow, Woakes, Rashid, Broad and Ansari. All upto #10 can hold a bat. 2 leg spinners. 2 offies (root). 3 quality seamers. Cook and Root are bound to come good anyway. Cook has a fantastic record against India. Root – I remember on his debut scored a 50.

4-1 to India, I see England being able to win at least one test, don't see any draws happening.

I think it will be 2-2. These games against Bangladesh has prepared England. Play Jos Butler, 2 spinners in Moeen and Rashid and 3 fast bowlers in Stoke, Broad and Woakes. Joe Root can be used to bowl 5 or so overs if necessary. Rashid is good. He will be effective providing England score the runs, so Jos Butler is a must in the side. My England line-up for first 2 tests: Cook, Ben, Root, Moeen, Stokes, Butler, Bairstow, Woakes, Rashid, Broad and Ansari. All upto #10 can hold a bat. 2 leg spinners. 2 offies (root). 3 quality seamers. Cook and Root are bound to come good anyway. Cook has a fantastic record against India. Root – I remember on his debut scored a 50.

Ansaris a left arm off spinner by the way and would definitely bat above Broad, debatably even Rashid. Id be looking at the team you've posted personally, maybe considering Hameed instead of Buttler.

I've voted 5-0 to India.

Although England will give them hard time in a couple of tests. But India in India are extremely strong bowling/batting.

Exciting series :kohli

Yes need Anderson back asap. He could be danger to Indian line up. Imagine this line up

Cook
Hamed
Root
KP
Bell
Stokes
Bairstow
Moen
Anderson
Broad
Monty/Swaan

That would give India a real test. Can't trust current English spinners and there batters don't seem to have the tempremeant to bat for long periods vs the accuracy of Jadeja and Ashwin.

KP? Swann? Monty? :danish

Last edited:
Back