Predict your semi-finalists for the ICC World Cup T20 2024

During an interview with local Indian media outlet, Jay Shah named his four semi-finalists, including the Men in Blue and favourites India:

“India, Australia, New Zealand and the hosts, West Indies, because they are good in T20.”
Ind being favorites has to be the biggest joke. Washed up seniors - rohit kohli jadeja pandya will win Ind the T20WC , what a joke. This will end like the 2007 ODI WC for both Ind and Pak. Hopefully after this, youngsters will be brought in who go from ball one and dont anchor or "assess" the pitch for a "par" score nonsense

Aus Eng SA WI - should be in semis. These are the Teams that approach T20s the modern way

During an interview with local Indian media outlet, Jay Shah named his four semi-finalists, including the Men in Blue and favourites India:

“India, Australia, New Zealand and the hosts, West Indies, because they are good in T20.”
How is Jay Shah going to make India, Australia and NZ all advance through from the same super 8 group?

He should, he can get it structured how he likes.
He can get it structured yes ,but you still have to win games on the cricket field ! His statement will be like - " Rohit sharma will win the t20 WC, rohit we are behind you , go and win it ! "

:)

Mohammad Kaif rooting for India vs Pakistan final in T20 World Cup 2024​

Former India cricketer Mohammad Kaif is hoping for an India vs Pakistan final in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2024 scheduled to be held in the USA and West Indies from June 1. Notably, the arch-rivals have been put in the same group for the mega event and are set to clash on Sunday, June 09 at the newly built Nassau County International Cricket Stadium, New York.

However, there might be a possibility for the Asian giants to lock horns once again during the knockout stages of the tournament if they both qualify for the same. Hence, Kaif is not ruling out the possibility of seeing arguably the greatest rivalry of international cricket being ignited in the summit clash of the T20 extravaganza.

“Somehow New Zealand find their way to be in the top four, in the ICC events you can’t write them off so add New Zealand. I think West Indies since they’re playing at their home so at home they might be a dangerous side. I don’t know maybe Australia or Pakistan one of them can come through. If Pakistan comes then if we meet them in the semis of finals then it will be great, India vs Pakistan finals why not,” Kaif was quoted as saying by PTI.

India have an upper hand over Pakistan in the history of the T20 World Cup having beaten them six times out of the seven matches played between the two teams. The arch-rivals also clashed in the final of the inaugural edition of the tournament in 2007 where the Men in Blue emerged victorious in the thrilling clash by five runs to be crowned the first ever champions of T20Is.

However, India have failed to add another T20 World Cup trophy to their cabinet since then despite being home to the grandest T20 league in the world the Indian Premier League. Further speaking ahead, Kaif reflected on India’s team combination and called their squad better than the one selected in 2022 and stated that fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah will be a key player.

“We have a much better bowling attack compared to last time, we had Chahal but we couldn’t play him in the first XI. This year we have Kuldeep Yadav, we have Axar Patel, Jadeja, good spinners. All very experienced and wicket-takers they can change the game on their day. Bumrah didn’t play last year, he will be playing I feel he’s going to be a key player in this World Cup,” he added.

Meanwhile, India will start their campaign on June 5 against Ireland in New York led by captain Rohit Sharma who will be desperate to end the nation’s 11-year-long ICC Trophy drought.

"The top four teams I would go for are India and England, and then Australia, unfortunately, and then the West Indies," Graeme Swann

Dominic Cork on his four teams in the upcoming T20 WC 2024:

"I'll stick with four teams: England, Pakistan, India and Australia all the way through. They will be my four teams in the Semi Final"

2017 happened due to psl superstars, inform fakhar and a captain who had a history of pulling suprise upsets a decade prior.

2024 is a captain who's never won anything, is the only captain to lose to 3 minnows, and has trouble understanding the idea of selecting 4 pacers vs 2 spinners on a pitch that supports spin.

What do you think will happen when the captain can't even win his local PSL's or local domestic leagues?
A sensible well reasoned and pragmatic post

The way the USA thrashed Bangladesh and Ireland defeated Pakistan, this World Cup is going to be a full roller coaster ride. You never know whos going to make it into the Super 4.

The way the USA thrashed Bangladesh and Ireland defeated Pakistan, this World Cup is going to be a full roller coaster ride. You never know whos going to make it into the Super 4.
Australia is making it 100% so is India.

England, NZ, SA: I have no clue. England was terrible in 2023, NZ and SA are just too inconsistent.

As for Pakistan: no more kudrat ki nizam

Folks , just got a screenshot from my friend on W-app IND is fave to win the WC at 3.70 , next is AUS at 5.00 , then ENG 7.00 , SAF 8.60 & WI at 9.8 . This is crazy imo , IND has no chance imo - what do you think ?
ps: PAK is 7th fave at 14 btw .

Folks , just got a screenshot from my friend on W-app IND is fave to win the WC at 3.70 , next is AUS at 5.00 , then ENG 7.00 , SAF 8.60 & WI at 9.8 . This is crazy imo , IND has no chance imo - what do you think ?
India has a very good chance due to their strong spin bowling lineup.

India has a very good chance due to their strong spin bowling lineup.
perhaps but such strong fave over AUS - me not convinced .
For discussion sake , IND's starting 11 will have this core : Rohit , Jaiswal , Virat , Surya , Sanju/Dube [ ? ] , Pandu [ VC ] , Jadeja , ,Axar , Kuldeep , Bumrah , Siraj - if the decks are 200-220 kind , I got issues as far as batting firepower goes though the bowling looks decent !

Suits us just fine, Pakistan crumbles when they are favourites.

We were 5th or 6th best in 2021, and we did alright by dominating the group stages.

Suits us just fine, Pakistan crumbles when they are favourites.

We were 5th or 6th best in 2021, and we did alright by dominating the group stages.
Chaddaji , missing the point - if the pitches are going to be flat with 200-220 norm then imo IND does NOT have the firepower , you think PAK has it ?

perhaps but such strong fave over AUS - me not convinced .
For discussion sake , IND's starting 11 will have this core : Rohit , Jaiswal , Virat , Surya , Sanju/Dube [ ? ] , Pandu [ VC ] , Jadeja , ,Axar , Kuldeep , Bumrah , Siraj - if the decks are 200-220 kind , I got issues as far as batting firepower goes though the bowling looks decent !
I don’t think pitches would be 200-220 run wicket especially in Caribbean.

still the lack of BRUTE firepower in IND's lineup has me unconvinced they are top fave by a significant margin ...
I think India is backing their bowling to restrict teams below par and then use conventional batting to chase the target.

Chaddaji , missing the point - if the pitches are going to be flat with 200-220 norm then imo IND does NOT have the firepower , you think PAK has it ?
India and Pakistan will pretty much only be playing day games. During the day, wickets will be tacky more so than flat.

All this batting ‘firepower’ might blow up in the fans’ faces. I see South Africa having a massive chance of being knocked out to be honest.

In t20 it’s difficult to predict

My prediction

Australia my favorite 😍
India 🇮🇳
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Pakistan 🇵🇰 my wish 😜

Let’s see what happens

29 June Bridgetown
Final India 🇮🇳 Vs England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 😎

World champion 2024? 👑🏏😉
New prediction 🤒🥹

England
India
West Indies
Australia

If India somehow manages a way to lose to this useless Pakistan team, I think you should scrap your system and invest all that money only in the IPL.

9th June will be a massacre.

MOre i see more , more the unpredictability this time around. On paper England and OZ should sail trhough to semis. But strangter things have happened.

If India somehow manages a way to lose to this useless Pakistan team, I think you should scrap your system and invest all that money only in the IPL.

9th June will be a massacre.
not really , you forget our Test performance in last few years ....

Haan ji, where are the people claiming Pakistan will reach semi's as they are a big tournament team? I told yall, you just don't listen. Super 8 exit 100% and group exit 50-75%

Former New Zealand cricketer Simon Doull predicted the semi-finalists for the upcoming T20 World Cup 2024, revealing his picks during an interview with a local Indian sports media:

“No England for me. They are a very good 230-240 side on batter-friendly pitches but not for me in West Indies. India and South Africa can win the tournament. I will put Australia and West Indies in as semi-finalists as well.”

Pakistan always does better when it arrives into a tournament as an underdog. If they can get a string of wins under them then the momentum will carry them forward and with a bit of kudrat ki nizam, a semi final spot maybe.

The scenario has changed now, and I think India, Afghanistan, Australia, and West Indies will be my picks for the semi-finals.

The scenario has changed now, and I think India, Afghanistan, Australia, and West Indies will be my picks for the semi-finals.
England might not even qualify, they gotta hope Australia is a bully to Scotland and they themselves gotta bully their teams black and blue

India, Australia, England and west indies have every chance to make it now.

India, Australia and England will qualify.

It's a close call between South Africa and West Indies. Having said that, South Africa have shown the Pakistani fans that their team is well behind Saffers.

India, Australia and England will qualify.

It's a close call between South Africa and West Indies. Having said that, South Africa have shown the Pakistani fans that their team is well behind Saffers.
Not necessarily. Windies could easily top that group. England have always struggled against them, especially in the Caribbean.

South Africa also have an even record against both teams.

I won't be surprised if Windies top the group and it's a fight between SA and England.

Not necessarily. Windies could easily top that group. England have always struggled against them, especially in the Caribbean.

South Africa also have an even record against both teams.

I won't be surprised if Windies top the group and it's a fight between SA and England.

England's struggle vs Carribbean is in Tests. In T20s, they are a beast side.

In these low scoring games, I am doubtful if Windies can top their group which features South Africa and England both.

England's struggle vs Carribbean is in Tests. In T20s, they are a beast side.

In these low scoring games, I am doubtful if Windies can top their group which features South Africa and England both.
Last 2 tours of the Caribbean ended in series losses for England in the Caribbean.

In fact, West Indies have a better H2H against England even in England and in neutral venues.

On flat tracks , they are one of 2 teams who can out hit England and on slowish tracks, Akeal, Roston and Gudakesh + cutters from Russell etc. can outdo English bowling

It's not a good matchup for England

Australia, India , England and West Indies.

India to avenge Adelaide 2022 against England in the SF.

Only to lose to Australia and complete a treble of losing all three ICC World finals against them in the span of a year.

On paper, these teams should make it to semi:

India
Australia
England
South Africa

But, T20 is unpredictable. So, anything can happen. Even Windies or Afghanistan may sneak in.

India/Bangladesh/Afghanistan/Australia

England/South Africa/USA/West indies

Only two of England/SA/WI/USA can make the semis

Only two of Australia/Afghanistan/India/BD can make the semis

England and Australia guaranteed semi finalists
SA vs Windies
India vs Afghanistan
Will decide the other 2.

SA vs Windies
India vs Afghanistan
Will decide the other 2.
West Indies will hammer out almost everyone!
Australia India and WI and either of SA or England

SA vs Windies
India vs Afghanistan
Will decide the other 2.
Batting first will be the decider in both matches .Seems chasing anything over 135 is quite difficult against quality spinners

Bangladesh and Afghanistan have been placed in the toughest group. India and Australia have been the toughest opponents in this competition so far. Afghanistan though can make heartbreaks of Indian or Australian fans on their day though.

Bangladesh has joined the party as a contender for the semifinals

View attachment 144572
Bangladesh has achieved their target already in this tournament. Thats why they will play with a relaxed mindframe. Thats a huge advantage for any team. Lets see if they can beat Afghanistan and any one of Australia or India. But again we have no more expectations from our team. Bangladesh team has many limitations.

Quite a few people had Pakistan in their top 4

I guess people are still living in 2009

Pakistan fans never learn. Quite a few of them having been doing bhangra about the final appearance in the last tournament.

A good number of them want to discredit the 2017 CT triumph by claiming that it was merely a fluke but somehow believe that Pakistan deserved and earned their place to play in the 2022 WT20 final.

On paper, these teams should make it to semi:

India
Australia
England
South Africa

But, T20 is unpredictable. So, anything can happen. Even Windies or Afghanistan may sneak in.
Afghanistan looking in good shape... they can qualify he their batters click on the right time.

Legendary South Africa pacer Dale Steyn named four teams, he foresees in the semi-finals of the ongoing ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024, he said:

“I think from this group (Group 2) I am going to go with South Africa and West Indies. I gotta go with South Africa because they are my team. England is a tough team, but I think South Africa and West Indies,”

“And then from the other group (Group 1), it is a tough group but Australia because they just know how to win these tournaments and I have a feeling Afghanistan could push, but it is gonna be India,”

Group A- so the Afghanistan win has suddenly made things very very interesting. All 4 teams can technically qualify for the semis (but a very outside chance for Bangladesh considering they will have to really hammer an upbeat Afghanistan)

Group B- South Africa having won a close match against USA has cost them. If they lose tomorrow to West Indies & assuming England hammer USA, they are knocked out.

So what do you guys think? Who will be the 4 semifinalists?

Back