PSL 6 (2021) Broadcast Thread

Sky sports graphics are high quality. Glad PCB managed to make a deal with them.

Gower is refreshing because he actually talks about the cricket instead of product placement for the Heads and Shoulder Dance, Pepsi Catch a Crore, Ariel Bottom Wipe and Persil Sock Change.

Sky sports graphics are high quality. Glad PCB managed to make a deal with them.

Agree sky are showing good quality coverage in hd with no annoying adverts like Hum etc. The graphics are though from the PCB feed production. They seem to have hired a professional team to international standard which is good.

Regarding Pakistan commentators please can someone suggest alternative Pak commentators etc? They are all about the same so not much difference if there is Wasim instead of Ramiz or Waqar.

Maybe they should take some ‘commentating, broadcasting and speaking’ lessons lol if there is such a thing? Or how about we have no Pak commentators? Suggestions please.

could someone guide me with the tapmad charges.

Is it RS. 100 for whole psl? Or do they have hidden charges aswell?

could someone guide me with the tapmad charges.

Is it RS. 100 for whole psl? Or do they have hidden charges aswell?

For me, it was a one-time 5 USD charge to watch the whole tournament.

These arent graphics from sky sports lol. Its the host production team of trans group, blitz and NEP who are responsible for the broadcast cameras and graphics. Sky sports however are doing a good job of showing it in HD in the UK, finally moved away from hum!

The PSL taranay being played in the background is a great touch. Some sick tunes.

Gower is refreshing because he actually talks about the cricket instead of product placement for the Heads and Shoulder Dance, Pepsi Catch a Crore, Ariel Bottom Wipe and Persil Sock Change.

Most of that isn't down to the commentator, but the producers.

What’s with all the short highlights on the psl YouTube page? Any reason why they can’t upload longer highlights? I noticed the same thing with the SA series, pcb’s YouTube page would only have 5-6 min highlight packages.

Good to see Aamir Sohail asking some direct questions post-match, instead of the usual rubbish that's asked.

Hearing that Aamir Sohail has been dropped from the commentary panel for the rest of the PSL.

Some rumours that Grant Elliott, Mbangwa, Gower and Morrison are the overseas comms.

He's been trying to find out.

No definite reason given yet.

Rivalry among Commentators. I bet Ramiz Raja might have had something to do with it. Aamir Sohail can be dull as well at times, needs to find ways to make himself interesting

He's been trying to find out.

No definite reason given yet.

Some are telling him it's to do with the budget, others are saying it was nothing to do with the budget, some are saying it was a PCB decision, others are saying it was the broadcasters.

Seems nobody wants to take responsibility for the decision.

Some are telling him it's to do with the budget, others are saying it was nothing to do with the budget, some are saying it was a PCB decision, others are saying it was the broadcasters.

Seems nobody wants to take responsibility for the decision.

LAHORE: Former South African cricketer JP Duminy has joined an elite 10-member commentary panel for the remaining Pakistan Super League (PSL) season 6 in Abu Dhabi.

According to the sources, Duminy will be joined by English commentator David Gower, Zimbabwe’s Pommie Mbangwa, Ramiz Raja, Bazid Khan, Urooj Mumtaz, and Sana Mir in a bio-secured environment for completion of the event. Tariq Saeed and Sikandar Bakht will do Urdu commentary whereas Zainab Abbas will present the event.

Duminy and Mbangwa will be doing commentary for the first time in PSL.

ARY

LAHORE: Former South African cricketer JP Duminy has joined an elite 10-member commentary panel for the remaining Pakistan Super League (PSL) season 6 in Abu Dhabi.

According to the sources, Duminy will be joined by English commentator David Gower, Zimbabwe’s Pommie Mbangwa, Ramiz Raja, Bazid Khan, Urooj Mumtaz, and Sana Mir in a bio-secured environment for completion of the event. Tariq Saeed and Sikandar Bakht will do Urdu commentary whereas Zainab Abbas will present the event.

Duminy and Mbangwa will be doing commentary for the first time in PSL.

ARY

Not bazid again :facepalm

Delighted to see Gower back in the commentary box, although he certainly does present a contrast with the (tacky) ambience of the PSL coverage.

I think in India Sony Six HD will continue broadcasting for remaining season.

Is this even happening, there are all sorts of visa delays going on? Cant they just carry on with the players they have, they have 200 odd players in UAE now, surely they can continue with them.

The actual PSL schedule itself hasn’t been announced yet. At the same time though the Eng NZ tests are running around the same period where PSL is meant to start.

The 1st game is today . But I can't see it on the sky schedule.

I'm lost.

Is the 1st game today or not? [MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] [MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION] @Mods. And what time in the UK? Is it on sky?

@OMB, what time is the PSL match today in the UK? And is it on Sky Sports? Can you find out and reply when you find out please?

@OMB, what time is the PSL match today in the UK? And is it on Sky Sports? Can you find out and reply when you find out please?

No schedule announced as of now.

It will be on skysports TV and on tapmad (OTT) in UK

Well that sucks! Are they planning to play the whole tournament behind closed doors and just surprising us with results once a game has finished?

7th June is now the rumoured start date although nothing yet to confirm this from PCB.

It seems PCB wanted to start today but couldn’t do so because of the delays in obtaining visas.

Anyhow, can’t wait for some kind of Pakistani cricket to start!

Pakistani commentator asks a question in Urdu, Rashid Khan (who can speak English) replies back in Urdu.

Pakistani commentator asks a question in Urdu, Imran Tahir replies in English.

Pakistani commentator asks a question in Urdu, Shahnawaz Dahani replies in English.

Same thing happened with Sikhandar Raza.

My question is, are the local commentators being forced to ask questions in Urdu, and if so, whose their target audience?

Back