PTI stuns PML-N with thumping win in Punjab by-polls

Imran roo raa hai...

Lets wait and see results. Funny how pti expected that they would win back punjab that to where independants had won before.

Pmln has a proven record in punjab. The people saw what buzdar did, they gambled on him. They will revert back to pmln.

Hamza shebaz shareef to be our new cm

There's one interesting thing though. PTI turnover on jalsas in Punjab has been very overwhelming compared to PMLN. Many people I have talked to I can say easily majority are fed up with PDM government and they do believe 'Mehngai' wasn't as bad as in PTI tenure. Now results will do end up telling us a story.

Last month when ECP started changing people's vote. Mine was changed as well. They threw my vote in another city. The helplines weren't useful as well because they don't pick up the phone. Fortunately after some struggle I managed to changed my vote location. Although it wasn't updated till last month of June. I will find out now if indeed it has updated. (But it's a mess to go and change vote).

It really is baffling to me how system together works to demolish the rights of people through systematic tactics, money and threat. It really has made me think about it. I hope just like the younger generation is getting more and more aware, they will be able to withstand the propaganda and brainwashing and actually have a higher morals and values for themselves and this nation so we that one day we never have to some people's faces again as a nation and stay at our knees.

The rigging is off the charts. It was expected sadly. I'm not sure how any crowd of people can overcome the rigging without a level of escalation we haven't seen in Pakistan before.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As results coming in PTI is winning in atleast 15 seats. But it is very important for all our people on duty in all polling stations not to leave their posts till official results have been obtained from the Returning Officers.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1548671595970891782?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There's one interesting thing though. PTI turnover on jalsas in Punjab has been very overwhelming compared to PMLN. Many people I have talked to I can say easily majority are fed up with PDM government and they do believe 'Mehngai' wasn't as bad as in PTI tenure. Now results will do end up telling us a story.

Last month when ECP started changing people's vote. Mine was changed as well. They threw my vote in another city. The helplines weren't useful as well because they don't pick up the phone. Fortunately after some struggle I managed to changed my vote location. Although it wasn't updated till last month of June. I will find out now if indeed it has updated. (But it's a mess to go and change vote).

It really is baffling to me how system together works to demolish the rights of people through systematic tactics, money and threat. It really has made me think about it. I hope just like the younger generation is getting more and more aware, they will be able to withstand the propaganda and brainwashing and actually have a higher morals and values for themselves and this nation so we that one day we never have to some people's faces again as a nation and stay at our knees.

It does that due to the fundamental dishonesty of people.

FX4KUsmX0AADxok

@Bewal_express PTI leading in 17 at the moment. If they change this I suspect the country will explode.

Has neutral baba been thwarted or changed his mind due to internal pressure?

@Bewal_express PTI leading in 17 at the moment. If they change this I suspect the country will explode.

Has neutral baba been thwarted or changed his mind due to internal pressure?

The lead must be so big that they realised its impossible. But its still too early to count our chickens. Remember the last election

PMLN admit defeat!!

What a slap to these corrupt looters.

Congrats [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] :))

The lead must be so big that they realised its impossible. But its still too early to count our chickens. Remember the last election

ARY news stating PMLN has admitted defeat. Am watching Qureshi's conference now

Time to end these traitor parties.

This is where they stand without rigging beyond a certain limit.

ARY news stating PMLN has admitted defeat. Am watching Qureshi's conference now
I don't trust PE but we don't have much of a choice in the current circumstances. Our priorities should be firstly- sacking all the Police officers that illegally attacked PTI workers and supporters and start criminal proceedings. Look at who co-operated illegally with these thugs and also sack them.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Results are showing PTI leading in 15 seats despite harassment & massive pre poll rigging by Imported govt, their handlers all abetted by ECP & Punjab admin. PTI will not allow or accept any tampering of results through post poll rigging.</p>— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShireenMazari1/status/1548676324386291718?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The PLMN and PPP will be known as crooks forever now.

Even with rigging they cannot win.

General election should be called after this humiliation for the imported goverment.

The PLMN and PPP will be known as crooks forever now.

Even with rigging they cannot win.

General election should be called after this humiliation for the imported goverment.

Have to say absolutely amazing to PTI's countless voters who braved the heat (the same heat UK is whining about)

The turn out was so big rigging was too difficult to do, not that they didn't try it (seen too many videos today)

so wait, imran said rigging was going on, but because PTI won so now there was no rigging?

PMLN admit defeat!!

What a slap to these corrupt looters.

Congrats [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] :))

dont know what you are laughing about, as the candidate is Elahi.

So now that pti there was no rigging?

so wait, imran said rigging was going on, but because PTI won so now there was no rigging?

Too many people turned out for rigging to be effective. Go on reddit to see rigging attempts from countless videos.

Enjoy your day :))

Too many people turned out for rigging to be effective. Go on reddit to see rigging attempts from countless videos.

Enjoy your day :))

so when results were unknown, you cried about rigging, but when results favored PTI, all of a sudden the election was free and fair?

You guys really have no ground to stand on.

[MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] what awaits your masters in Sindh in a free and fair election

[MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] what awaits your masters in Sindh in a free and fair election

free and fair if pti wins, but rigged if some else wins?

If Imran says there was rigging happening, than did PTI really win through free and fair?

Have to say absolutely amazing to PTI's countless voters who braved the heat (the same heat UK is whining about)

The turn out was so big rigging was too difficult to do, not that they didn't try it (seen too many videos today)

Any idea of numbers?

Yes, Its impossible to rig against a party which has so much support.

I will never vote in the UK because the so called democracy is a mere illusion , both parties are influenced by elites so have similar policies.

Pakistanis have a real choice. Its nice to see people having their say.

If Imran says there was rigging happening, than did PTI really win through free and fair?

:)))

IK was accusing his own party of rigging.

The imports and crooks will try everything but PTI has too much support.

Lets be real only spoons who have their bread buttered by crooks support them. :zardari

Any idea of numbers?

Yes, Its impossible to rig against a party which has so much support.

I will never vote in the UK because the so called democracy is a mere illusion , both parties are influenced by elites so have similar policies.

Pakistanis have a real choice. Its nice to see people having their say.

Very very true re: UK parties.

No numerical idea of numbers but from pictures I have seen and from what I have heard from family back home the support of PTI was massively overwhelming and the hate the average Joe had for PDM was intense. Have read countless comments online about people making trips to vote, old, disabled people making the effort to vote.

Good on them!

Very very true re: UK parties.

No numerical idea of numbers but from pictures I have seen and from what I have heard from family back home the support of PTI was massively overwhelming and the hate the average Joe had for PDM was intense. Have read countless comments online about people making trips to vote, old, disabled people making the effort to vote.

Good on them!

Nice to hear all types of people made their voices heard.

I have a feeling the Zardari, Billo, Sharif family may run before the election. Only a fool would suggest they have any chance in the GE. Staying could mean the noose for them.

And PTI is backing Parvez Elahi.

Chalo Punjab is now doomed for 1 more year.

Nice to hear all types of people made their voices heard.

I have a feeling the Zardari, Billo, Sharif family may run before the election. Only a fool would suggest they have any chance in the GE. Staying could mean the noose for them.

I would not be surprised.

What needs to happen now is these filth from the Punjab police who have terrorised, mass arrested, beaten innocent civilians need to be dealt with an iron fist.

So PPP won 0 seats?

This party little to no support outside of Sindh. How can the likes of Zardari and Bilo justify holding powerful positions in the government? Is this the beginning of the end of the crook family?

And the same PE would’ve been classified by you as a doodh ka dulha huva highly experienced politician with a proven record of handling the most toughest challenges, IF he had decided to join PDM. :)

So PPP won 0 seats?

This party little to no support outside of Sindh. How can the likes of Zardari and Bilo justify holding powerful positions in the government? Is this the beginning of the end of the crook family?

You should ask him if he will be protesting against the crooked PPP

Alhamdullilah. This is a sign of things to come.

PDM supporters used to say no confidence vote was the will of the people. Let the people vote and see for yourself. PTI will win in every region outside quasi-feudal Interior Sindh and Balochistan, where people are purposely kept illiterate and poor to keep the status quo.

PDM supporters claim no confidence was done for mehangayi and now a proper "bureaucrat" will set the country on the right path. Mehangayi has only gotten worse. On every metric the country's economy is crashing. The only thing being done at Shahbaz speed is amending NAB laws so their corruption cases get dropped.

PDM supporters have admitted to systematic rigging being done by PDM. Even with systematic rigging PDM can't win. Look at any independent poll. Look at attendance of jalsas. Look at the hatred people have for PDM crooks online and in person.

Time to start general elections and let the people decide. The country can never progress under these dynastic crooks that have turned the country into their family business.

So PPP won 0 seats?

It was never PPP vs anyone. It was always a Pmln vs PTI affair. No one even claimed PPP were gonna win seats.

Zardari is part of the establishment, all others are just pawns. Who knows, what is being cooked up by them

So PPP won 0 seats?

also bilawal holds position based on his mna seat.

The by elections were the main thing that was gonna confirm whether people still support PTI or not. And with them winning, it confirms that in Punjab they are preferred over PMLN. Maybe, this might be the end of PMLN or they will have to go into survival mode. Terrible result for PMLN and well deserve for PTI.

This by election was more about to confirm whether the people backed Imran and little about CM Punjab seat. The General Elections next year would be interesting.

Credit to ECP. Imran kept attacking them, but ECP got the by elections done in a very short time. However, this vote transfer fiasco needs to end.

It was never PPP vs anyone. It was always a Pmln vs PTI affair. No one even claimed PPP were gonna win seats.

Zardari is part of the establishment, all others are just pawns. Who knows, what is being cooked up by them

Exactly PPP are nothing in Pakistan. You cant have a party with minimal support taking part in any government. This imported government is a coalition, dont forget. Both crooked parties will NEVER win a majority again.

also bilawal holds position based on his mna seat.

A MNA seat doesnt mean he should be foreign minister taking decisions on huge matters which will determine Pakistan's future. Not to mention this boy is as thick as one can be.

Do you think both these parties will now look to loot , loot and loot as much as they can knowing Kohli has more chance of making a double century in OdI's than they have of winning? :zardari

That's because we win if its free and fair. You guys are crooks with no support,you only win with guns and intimidation.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I want to first thank our PTI workers & voters of Punjab for defeating not just PMLN candidates but the entire state machinery, esp harassment by police, & a totally biased ECP. Thank you to all our Allies, PMLQ, MWM & Sunni Ittehad Council. <a href="https://t.co/TgFqQ7EDj0">pic.twitter.com/TgFqQ7EDj0</a></p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1548729098830495745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The only way forward from here is to hold fair & free elections under a credible ECP. Any other path will only lead to greater political uncertainty & further economic chaos.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1548729103016415233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2022</a></blockquote>

I would not be surprised.

What needs to happen now is these filth from the Punjab police who have terrorised, mass arrested, beaten innocent civilians need to be dealt with an iron fist.

Totally agree. I hope Kaptaan doesn't play nicey nicey with these thugs. I would go far as to dissolve this mafia front

The by elections were the main thing that was gonna confirm whether people still support PTI or not. And with them winning, it confirms that in Punjab they are preferred over PMLN. Maybe, this might be the end of PMLN or they will have to go into survival mode. Terrible result for PMLN and well deserve for PTI.

This by election was more about to confirm whether the people backed Imran and little about CM Punjab seat. The General Elections next year would be interesting.

Credit to ECP. Imran kept attacking them, but ECP got the by elections done in a very short time. However, this vote transfer fiasco needs to end.

The ECP have been a disgrace- look at the cases they have lost in their desperate attempt to save a crooked party with no support. Btw what happened to the PPP? Where were they in these elections? Where did they finish&#55358;&#56611;&#55358;&#56611;&#55358;&#56611;

The ECP have been a disgrace- look at the cases they have lost in their desperate attempt to save a crooked party with no support. Btw what happened to the PPP? Where were they in these elections? Where did they finish������

Indeed. Even now Imran is calling these selfish chors as biased.

Such characters and despicable likes of Punjab police are the reason this traitor family has established a reign of intimidation and abuse of government resources in Pakistan.

Indeed. Even now Imran is calling these selfish chors as biased.

Such characters and despicable likes of Punjab police are the reason this traitor family has established a reign of intimidation and abuse of government resources in Pakistan.

The Punjab Police must not be reformed,it needs to be dissolved. Their behaviour has been shocking and if Kaptaan doesn't do it, he would have betrayed the poor PTI workers and supporters that died at their hands.

Exactly PPP are nothing in Pakistan. You cant have a party with minimal support taking part in any government. This imported government is a coalition, dont forget. Both crooked parties will NEVER win a majority again.

A MNA seat doesnt mean he should be foreign minister taking decisions on huge matters which will determine Pakistan's future. Not to mention this boy is as thick as one can be.

Do you think both these parties will now look to loot , loot and loot as much as they can knowing Kohli has more chance of making a double century in OdI's than they have of winning? :zardari

foreign minister is always from one of the mnas. what even?

The ECP have been a disgrace- look at the cases they have lost in their desperate attempt to save a crooked party with no support. Btw what happened to the PPP? Where were they in these elections? Where did they finish������

post no. 120

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I want to first thank our PTI workers & voters of Punjab for defeating not just PMLN candidates but the entire state machinery, esp harassment by police, & a totally biased ECP. Thank you to all our Allies, PMLQ, MWM & Sunni Ittehad Council. <a href="https://t.co/TgFqQ7EDj0">pic.twitter.com/TgFqQ7EDj0</a></p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1548729098830495745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2022</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The only way forward from here is to hold fair & free elections under a credible ECP. Any other path will only lead to greater political uncertainty & further economic chaos.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1548729103016415233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2022</a></blockquote>

The PTI workers and supporters deserve all the plaudits in the face of fascists that have no fear of Allah and are happy to kill. I am in awe of Your bravery.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Bilo could be MNA but my cleaner is more qualified to be foreign minister. These crooks are not only criminals but lack intelligence, stupid mfs. They should be nowhere near any government let alone in a huge nation like Pakistan.

Btw would you like Donald Lu's telephone number now?

Should the Foreign Minister be coming from.small, pathetic regional party that relies on intimidation to win votes. Just imagine this loser talking about human rights while everyone knows his party kills opponents and journalists

No bhnagra today for Major or Mamoon. N League have no mandate in any province and PPP are only relevant in Sindh due to legacy. There is truly only one party with a national mandate. Wonder how the next few weeks progress.. can't see how this govt can be seen as legitimate anymore

No bhnagra today for Major or Mamoon. N League have no mandate in any province and PPP are only relevant in Sindh due to legacy. There is truly only one party with a national mandate. Wonder how the next few weeks progress.. can't see how this govt can be seen as legitimate anymore

They are on the phone to Donald Lu.

Any self respecting leader would resign and call for elections . But these crooks will just speed up their looting and plan their escape. Before the elections many of them will run. Sadly some may end up in the UK.

Tabdeeli aagayee Mubarak ho.

Pervaiz Elahi indeed represents Naya Pakistan

Maybe if the billi , Nawaz had the courage to come back and explain why anyone should vote for his party, you'd be happier?

Maybe if the billi , Nawaz had the courage to come back and explain why anyone should vote for his party, you'd be happier?

No I will be happy if for once Imran Khan rewarded some original PTI guy. All his top guys are still Lotta's.

You want change, ask Ik to make the bold decisions

Parvaiz Elahi has already announced that he will be resigning and they will be working towards announcing General Elections straight away

No I will be happy if for once Imran Khan rewarded some original PTI guy. All his top guys are still Lotta's.

You want change, ask Ik to make the bold decisions

Once the crooks start being hanged, future politicians will think twice. His biggest mistake was to let these crooks off the hook. But its worked out well, now if Nawaz is punished, there will be little noise from anyone.

Once the crooks start being hanged, future politicians will think twice. His biggest mistake was to let these crooks off the hook. But its worked out well, now if Nawaz is punished, there will be little noise from anyone.

So you are happy about Pervaiz Elahi who is basically the same thing as Nawaz Sharif being your CM? You want to hang one their but you are fine having another thief be the CM?

Didn't Imran Khan say these elections were rigged? So we shouldn't accept these results. However, this is the difference between PML-N and PTI. The PML-N graciously accepts defeat whilst Imran would have called a state of emergency in the country about how Bulgaria had conspired against him to lose him the elections.

If PTI wins their supporters will say see how popular PTI is and we are bale to win against the whole establishment. If they lose they wil say its rigging. There is no way they will accept any result which is not pro PTI. Any such party anywhere in the world are bad for their countries. Unless the major parties work to strengthen their institutions nation won't progress. By the look of it PTI seems to only support institutions that help them grab power. Otherwise they are all corrupt.

This is the case for all political parties in Pakistan. When they win the election is fair, when they lose the election is rigged. When PTI had the federal govt, PDM used to the say same thing, the by elections are rigged unless they win.

So you are happy about Pervaiz Elahi who is basically the same thing as Nawaz Sharif being your CM? You want to hang one their but you are fine having another thief be the CM?

Unlike Nawaz Sharif, PE is dependent on PTI for his CM seat. One wrong move and he will end up losing it.

Didn't Imran Khan say these elections were rigged? So we shouldn't accept these results. However, this is the difference between PML-N and PTI. The PML-N graciously accepts defeat whilst Imran would have called a state of emergency in the country about how Bulgaria had conspired against him to lose him the elections.

And they were. The ECP lost 7 cases against the PTI, why did they break the law 7 times to favour the Nooras. Despite all the money, machinery, ISI, Punjab Police and ECP, Kaptaan still win

Unlike Nawaz Sharif, PE is dependent on PTI for his CM seat. One wrong move and he will end up losing it.

I don't like PE, and we need to away from the loser as soon as circumstances allow. His family are unreliable and not we want as the PTI supporters

This result is yet another proof of the fact that the no confidence vote against Imran was not the opinion of the public.

The majority of the awaam is still with Imran, to an extent that even PDM's masters didn't dare to rig the by elections, looking at how huge the margin of victory was going to be.

Next year's general elections (if fair) are going to end with the same results, and the looters know it very well. This is the reason why Maryam has decided to go on damage control mode on Twitter instead of crying publicly.

She knows that Pakistan wants to see Imran as it's leader, and they don't even stand a chance at this rate, even with the help of the establishment, as the rigging will never be effective if the difference of public support is so massive.

They won inspite of it. From this point onwards of you don't change your party will become a minor village mob. Even now your leaders are acting like headless chickens. You have no idea what just happened to you..wait and see what's coming if this trend continues.

It's been reported that the RTS went down in a constituency and the Nooras win it. What a surprise

I'm still gonna wait till the morning and hope no weird things happen. Let's hope this will mean a change for the people of Pakistan. Just hope we can now get into sindh and send bilo rani crying to David.

And PTI win means much more than just by election win; it also proves the judicial coup was shameful using cheap ways to throw a govt and also the fact that PTI won 2018 elections fair and square. Out of 20 seats, 10 had been won by Independents but PTI got 5 of them

Time to push for elections ASAP now!

The ******tan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) appeared confident of a landslide victory in the by-elections on 20 Punjab Asse*mbly seats in light of initial results on Sunday, as its senior leader Asad Umar congratulated party supporters who “rejected the decisions made behind closed doors” through their ballots.

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President Maryam Nawaz, on the other hand, called for introspection following the defeat of the ruling PML-N in its political heartland.

Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, the PTI secretary general urged Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif to call snap elections. After the defeat in the Punjab by-elections and imminent ouster of Hamza Shehbaz as the Punjab CM on July 22, Mr Sharif would be reduced to the “prime minister of Islamabad”, he added.

On July 22, PML-Q leader Parvez Elahi will become the chief minister of Punjab, Mr Umar said, calling the election a mere formality.

Mr Umar claimed that as per the initial results, the PTI was likely to win 16 or 17 seats out of the 20 provincial assembly seats up for grabs in the by-election. The likely victory of the PTI proved that the people of Pakistan had rejected the “decisions taken behind closed doors”, he added.

Mr Umar said the PTI chairman had called a meeting of the core committee on Monday (today) where decisions will be taken regarding the future strategy.

‘Time for introspection’

As unofficial results started pouring in showing the PTI in the lead, the PML-N vice president took to Twitter and said that the “defeat should be accepted with an open heart”. “The PML-N should take the results of the by-polls with an open heart and accept the decision of the masses,” Maryam Nawaz tweeted. She added that winning and losing was part of politics; therefore, the party should now focus on its weaknesses, identify them, and then overcome them.

“God willing, everything will be fine,” she assured her supporters.

Similarly, PML-N senior leader Malik Mohammad Ahmed Khan also accepted that PTI had clinched a “landslide victory” in the hotly-contested by-polls. “I accept that PTI has won and the party wholeheartedly accepts the verdict of the public,” he said. He further added that everybody can get into the debate of how and what happened, but “apparently current circumstances show that PTI has won the elections therefore, we congratulate them and accept our defeat.”

Imran lauds supporters

Earlier in the day, PTI Chairman Imran Khan lauded his supporters for coming out to cast their vote in large numbers despite alleged harassment by the “state apparatus at the behest of the PML-N”.

“I am pleased to see our voters coming out to cast their votes in large numbers and resisting all pressures and harassment,” Mr Khan said as he posted a series of tweets about the by-polls throughout the day. “I want all those, especially our women, who have to still come out to cast their vote to do so as this is an election for Pakistan’s sovereignty and Haqeeqi Azadi (real independence),” the PTI chairman added.

In another tweet, the former prime minister, who was ousted through a no-confidence motion in April, alleged that the Punjab government was using state machinery to rig elections and harass the PTI voters.

“Today Punjab govt has brazenly violated SC orders and election rules by openly using all govt/State machinery to rig Punjab elections through illegal ballot stamping and harassing voters while arresting PTI leaders,” Mr Khan said, alleging the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) had turned a blind eye to these irregularities. He urged courts to and act against the alleged rigging.

“Courts must open now and act,” his tweet read.

The PTI chief was referring to the arrest of his aide Shahbaz Gill, who was arrested in Muzaffargarh for allegedly carrying and displaying weapons on his visit to polling stations PP-272 and PP-73 during the by-elections. According to Mr Khan, his aide was arrested to instill fear. He vowed that these tactics would not work and urged “handlers of the imported government” to realise the damage they were doing to the nation.

Zaki Abbas in Islamabad also contributed to this report

Published in Dawn, July 18th, 2022

I wonder if this is an establishment ploy of making IK and PTI over confident heading into the general elections.

Back