Rahul Gandhi Back As MP After 4 Months, Days Before No-Trust Vote

There are plenty of people who disagree with that including the Muslim petitioners in the Babri Masjid case. Should all of these petitioners be arrested ?

Submissions made in a court or statements made in a legislature are protected.

Btw once the Supreme court has ruled, calling that judgement a lie is bordering on contempt.

The accused can fight in court that 295A isnt attracted.

Submissions made in a court or statements made in a legislature are protected.

Btw once the Supreme court has ruled, calling that judgement a lie is bordering on contempt.

The accused can fight in court that 295A isnt attracted.

I can disagree with a judgement and it isn't contempt of court when I do. Just like Kiren Rijuju today disagrees with NJAC judgement in 2015. Just like many people today disagree with Rahul Gandhi's 2 year jail sentence from the Surat court.

I thought I already schooled you on this in the BBC documentary thread where you ran away from.

That tweet in no way hinders your right to practice hinduism. How does his right to speech infringe on your fundamental rights here ? Please explain. I am curious to see what mental gymnastics you indulge in here.

So Nupur Sharma also had her right to speech? Not sure why you liberals were up in arms against her then.

After Uddhav’s warning, Sanjay Raut to meet Rahul Gandhi and ask him to avoid criticising Savarkar

A day after Uddhav Thackeray warned Congress leader Rahul Gandhi against insulting Hindutva ideologue Veer Savarkar, Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut said he will meet Rahul and try to convince him to avoid mentioning Savarkar in his speeches and press conferences as it was a matter of faith for the Uddhav-led Sena.

“Veer Savarkar is our deity. Savarkar is related to our faith. We cannot tolerate insults to him,” Sanjay Raut, chief spokesperson of Shiv Sena (UBT) told The Indian Express on Monday.

https://indianexpress.com/article/c...ng-sanjay-raut-rahul-gandhi-savarkar-8521308/

_____
_____

Looks like another self goal by this clown prince. Shiv Sena is their ally and now they are angry with Congress as well. Pretty sure come 2024, SS will once again tie up with BJP. At a time when Congress should be stitching alliance, this motormouth is putting everyone away.

He could have simply criticized govt's policies but why drag Veer Savarkar into it? First call Modi clan as thieves and then call Savarkar a coward. What is this guy thinking? :))

C'mmon mate, that was an awful tweet. He might have problem with BJP/Modi but why is he calling Lord Rama a lie etc.? Can he write one such tweet against other communities? Not many, just 1...I dare him.

The only reason people openly mock hinduism sitting in India where hindus are 80% in population is bcoz of people like you (with respect). High time for you guys to retrospect bcoz brown nosing can only take one so far.

Oh and pls don't play the liberalism card, there is nothing liberal about mocking a religion. Its bigotry.

You have serious comprehension issues. Where did he call Lord Rama a lie? He said "Babri Masjid is birthplace of Lord Rama" is a lie. Nupur Sharma spoke against muslims and hurt their sentiments too. People protested and she is doing fine. No need to dare him to do something which BJP walas are doing on a consistent basis. :inti

Last edited:
You have serious comprehension issues. Where did he call Lord Rama a lie? He said "Babri Masjid is birthplace of Lord Rama" is a lie. Nupur Sharma spoke against muslims and hurt their sentiments too. People protested and she is doing fine. No need to dare him to do something which BJP walas are doing on a contistent basis. :inti

Nope, read the tweet again. He said 'Indian nation was build when Lord Rama defeated Ravan was a lie'. But in Ramayan its mentioned when Lord Rama conquered Lanka, he created Ram Rajya. That is the ancient India and ethos on which this country was built. Then when Bharat became King, they named the country as 'Bharat'.

But for this 3rd grade actor, all of this is lie. Probably he believes Indian nation was built when Babur came here and conquered the land in 16th century.

There are plenty of people who disagree with that including the Muslim petitioners in the Babri Masjid case. Should all of these petitioners be arrested ?

Here is the context and nuance that you are perhaps missing .... its been proven without a shadow of doubt through a very very lengthy legal battle that the place is indeed the birth place of Lord Ram. Everything from ancient scriptures to a proper scientific ASI survey were relied upon to arrive at that verdict. If despite all of that people think its ok to question the beliefs and indeed the verdict of the Highest court then they will naturally attract legal trouble.

I think you guys are dragging this discussion to a more religious angle. Once it goes in that direction it becomes a debate of faith, belief and emotions with everything else including logic taking backseat. It's difficult to argue with one's belief unless he is trying to impose that on another person who prefer to think differently.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said the BJP has emerged as the only pan-India party amidst family-run political outfits in the country as it worked on the ground with people braving all odds, instead of finding faults with its rivals and playing the blame game.

Addressing an event after inaugurating an extension of the BJP headquarters here, he attributed the BJP's rise from a small political outfit to the world's biggest one to the dedication and sacrifices made by party workers.

"BJP started its journey from just two Lok Sabha seats and reached 303 in 2019. In many of the states, we get more than 50 per cent votes," he said.

"From north to south and from east to west, the BJP is the only pan-India party today," he added.

The BJP has emerged as not only the world's biggest but also the most futuristic party, he said, adding that its only goal is to make a modern and developed India.

NDTV

Rahul Gandhi’s media conference on Saturday where he attacked a journalist for merely asking a routine question, is a new low even for his bottom-scraping standards. Apart from exposing his mentality, that of a school bully and a petulant child, the 52-year-old proved one more time why he is a failed politician and why no amount of packaging, repackaging, campaigning, relaunching and window-dressing will ever change the reality.

The stage was set. All that Gandhi needed to do at the news conference was stay true to the script that his speechwriters and managers would have handed out to him, and launch the narrative that even the BJP expected of him.

But this is Rahul Gandhi, the scion of India’s political royalty whose imperial ways cannot be fathomed by mere mortals. Wearing his signature ‘hurt look’ and a snugly fitted white polo that compliments his biceps, Gandhi swaggered into the presser and let it rip.

In his own eyes, he was single-handedly slaying the media, that he considers an ally of the BJP, with ‘truth bombs’ and ‘fearlessness’, even though the world was witnessing a petulant and immature politician — who never tires of claiming that his politics is all about “love”, “listening” and “compassion” — channeling his inner frustration and bitterness in full public glare.

On BJP’s demand that Gandhi must apologise for “insulting the nation on foreign soil”, Gandhi came out with his favourite line: “My name is not Savarkar, I am Gandhi. I won’t apologise.” It is difficult to imagine a dafter statement reeking of recklessness and terrible political judgment.

Rahul’s statement gave Maharashtra chief minister Eknath Shinde the opportunity to launch ‘Savarkar Gaurav Yatra’ and put Congress ally, the Uddhav Thackeray faction of Shiv Sena, in such a deep state of bother, that Thackeray was left with a trapeze-artist act to maintain the alliance yet shake off the slur against Savarkar, one of India’s greatest icons who is especially deeply revered in Maharashtra. It was difficult to understand what Gandhi was trying to achieve through the Savarkar slur.

Yet if that revealed a lack of political acumen, no one was prepared for the explosion ahead. To a routine question by a senior beat journalist — incidentally one who has covered the Congress party for a long time — on what he thinks of BJP’s charge that Gandhi had insulted the ‘Modi community’, Gandhi exploded into a frightful rage.

He launched a fierce attack against the journalist and accused him of working for the BJP. After heaping insults on the shocked and bemused gentleman, Gandhi rounded it off with a street cant, “Kyun hawa nikal gayi?”, a mocking half-smile dangling at the corner of his lips, reflecting absolute, hostile derision for the media person who had the temerity to ask him a question that he deemed offensive.

Gandhi wasn’t dropping a ‘truth bomb’, he was name-calling and ridiculing a journalist who was trying to do his job. It reflected a breathtaking sense of entitlement. Gandhi behaved as if he was the feudal lord, rebuking a subject for falling out of line in his durbar where he expects nothing but homage and fealty from toadying hacks.

If this the kind of bullying attitude Gandhi shows on camera in a presser, one may only imagine the kind of arrogance and boorishness he carries off camera. Yet Gandhi’s inglorious hour was a true reflection of the man that he really is. The rebel in him sometimes seeks to break free from the simulated image of a hard-headed democrat that the party wants him to adopt. Sometimes the pretense is too heavy a cross to bear.

It must be tough for the Congress First Family to adjust to the new uncomfortable reality where journalists are not fawning courtiers of their imperial dynasty. This is a new India.
https://www.firstpost.com/opinion/b...d-simulated-image-of-a-democrat-12361752.html

Last edited:
Can you name a few policy decisions or implementation of existing laws that amount to perversion or contamination during the last 9 yrs ?

Refer to Christophe Jaffrelot's work, Modi's India.

For a while now, Godi media has been pushing the "India has too much democracy" narrative. So it's more than subtle.

Interesting, but I still think that the international image of India as the largest democracy is one that is useful to Modi and I don't see him as looking to destroy democracy but rather to hollow out the liberal elements in it.

Interesting, but I still think that the international image of India as the largest democracy is one that is useful to Modi and I don't see him as looking to destroy democracy but rather to hollow out the liberal elements in it.

If BJP lose the Karnataka elections, I think there is a good possibility of Modi imposing Emergency as the national elections draw near.

There are already some sus things happening in Karnataka. In the name of convenience, voting for the elderly will be done from their homes. A lot of the elderly live alone with their kids abroad especially in cities like Bengaluru. I wonder if the officers will help them push the right vote :apology

If BJP lose the Karnataka elections, I think there is a good possibility of Modi imposing Emergency as the national elections draw near.

There are already some sus things happening in Karnataka. In the name of convenience, voting for the elderly will be done from their homes. A lot of the elderly live alone with their kids abroad especially in cities like Bengaluru. I wonder if the officers will help them push the right vote :apology

That too much of a conspiracy theory. BJP likely will lose regardless because Bommai is a toothless administrator and Yeddyurappa no longer putting in weight behind them. Also the Reddy brothers creating their own faction is a blow. Karnataka is also a state where Congress is having strong presence locally.

Thats his opinion. Many of the things that he wrote are half truths.

For eg.

He asserts, in this book published in 2021, that 60 per cent of toilets constructed in the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan do not have water. The evidence he provides for this is from a news report published in 2017. That in turn cites an NSSO survey of 2015-16, for a programme launched in 2014.

I am citing this example as it was cited on one of the debates in 2021 when the book was published.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vdHnsiGE0wA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Funny as hell, our Raul Vinci aka Puppu :))

:apology

Last edited:
Is this tweet below true ? [MENTION=139758]pillionrider[/MENTION] [MENTION=147527]MP2011[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]

I am hearing that a lot of Modi critics are getting banned on Twitter. China has this thing called the Great Firewall which completely innoculates its citzens from any outside critiques on the internet. Domestic critics don't exist for them, as we know already.

The same is happening in India. Modi's IT ministry can force Twitter to ban any content it doesn't like. Earlier there was a path to appeal a ban, but I am told since Elon Musk took over it has gotten worse.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It is staggering, the number of 'Withheld due to legal demand' Twitter accounts you cannot see in India, almost one in ten accounts for those that I follow.</p>— Priyamvada Gopal (@PriyamvadaGopal) <a href="https://twitter.com/PriyamvadaGopal/status/1640590552780423171?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Is this tweet below true ? [MENTION=139758]pillionrider[/MENTION] [MENTION=147527]MP2011[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]

I am hearing that a lot of Modi critics are getting banned on Twitter. China has this thing called the Great Firewall which completely innoculates its citzens from any outside critiques on the internet. Domestic critics don't exist for them, as we know already.

The same is happening in India. Modi's IT ministry can force Twitter to ban any content it doesn't like. Earlier there was a path to appeal a ban, but I am told since Elon Musk took over it has gotten worse.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It is staggering, the number of 'Withheld due to legal demand' Twitter accounts you cannot see in India, almost one in ten accounts for those that I follow.</p>— Priyamvada Gopal (@PriyamvadaGopal) <a href="https://twitter.com/PriyamvadaGopal/status/1640590552780423171?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Khalistani propoganda isnt allowed in India.

But it's not just Khalistani propaganda, even normal critiques of Modi or the BJP are getting banned on orders from the IT ministry.

This is true. Modi government is very sensitive to any form of criticism. Nothing can deny or justify it. Infact you can actually criticize RSS but not Modi government.

Having said this , it is also true that this not unique to them at this point. Most of the political entities across India where the environment is less statesmanship like and more polarized exhibiting similar traits. It is equally true most of the criticism from any side (ruling or opposition, in state it centre) in today's space itself is very biased and narrating the glass as half full or half empty depending on which side the narrator is on.

I have access to that book on scribd ... let me know the relevant chapters you would like me to read that address my question about policy decisions. Can't read the whole thing ... its got hundreds of pages.

Its hung, no one will get full majority in KA to form the government.
BJP likely will lose few more seats compared to last time.

Possibility of Modi imposing Emergency :apology
You are conjuring a conspiracy theory out of nowhere.

But it's not just Khalistani propaganda, even normal critiques of Modi or the BJP are getting banned on orders from the IT ministry.

It seems Imran Khan was right about Modi. :rabada2

Andhbhakhts are spineless people. Infact they are scared kittens who can't even call spade a spade and raise their voice against wrong things. :inti

Andhbhakhts are spineless people. Infact they are scared kittens who can't even call spade a spade and raise their voice against wrong things. :inti

But Imran Khan also said - Indian govt is very khudgarz and no western superpower can dictate terms to India.

So either they are scared kittens or not? :13:

Here is the context and nuance that you are perhaps missing .... its been proven without a shadow of doubt through a very very lengthy legal battle that the place is indeed the birth place of Lord Ram. Everything from ancient scriptures to a proper scientific ASI survey were relied upon to arrive at that verdict. If despite all of that people think its ok to question the beliefs and indeed the verdict of the Highest court then they will naturally attract legal trouble.

I am sure with the right motivation, your legal courts will find similar scientific studies to justify demolition of many mosques and churches in the coming decades should hindutva continue to be the driving force in politics.

I am sure with the right motivation, your legal courts will find similar scientific studies to justify demolition of many mosques and churches in the coming decades should hindutva continue to be the driving force in politics.

are you saying the courts magically discovered idols and other artifacts generally associated with Hindu temples in the presence of observers from all parties involved in the litigation ?

IK government is however no different than Modi government by the way in terms of style. Very authoritarian, very resistive of criticism, invents and thrives on conspiracy theories for political survival , drives agenda through social media and backing from expats, completely indifferent to religious intolerance from the fringe elements. And they both are treated as cults in their respective countries. There are differences but similarities are astonishing.

are you saying the courts magically discovered idols and other artifacts generally associated with Hindu temples in the presence of observers from all parties involved in the litigation ?

No that's what you're saying. What you quoted is what I said.

I have access to that book on scribd ... let me know the relevant chapters you would like me to read that address my question about policy decisions. Can't read the whole thing ... its got hundreds of pages.

I noticed a chapter titled Anti-Christian Xenophobia - Stigmatization and Sidelining .... where he accuses the BJP and RSS of committing atrocities against Christians. So in 2023 the public's response was to elect BJP and its alliance partners across many northeast states for the 1st time in the recently concluded state elections some of which are predominantly Christian states.

This is why [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] and others are skeptical of foreign pundits assessments as there is usually a vested interest involved. Too many shady NGOs with anti-India agenda out there.

Another big red flag is Christophe Jaffrelot has backing from atleast one Pakistani intellectual
Link --> https://thesvi.org/wp-content/uploa...-and-the-rise-of-ethnic-democracy-188-192.pdf

Anyhow ... pls let me know which other chapters you would like me to go thru.

The BJP on Thursday lashed out at Congress leader Rahul Gandhi over Germany's reaction to his disqualification from parliament, accusing him of "inviting foreign powers for interference into India's internal matters".

Union Minister Kiren Rijiju and Anurag Thakur slammed Mr Gandhi in tweets, repeating the allegation that Mr Gandhi seeks foreign intervention in domestic affairs. The Congress has rubbished the charge, challenging the BJP to produce examples of Mr Gandhi requesting such an intervention. Mr Gandhi has only been speaking about the state of affairs in India in his engagements abroad and not asking for help, his party has said.

The controversy flared after Germany on Thursday said that "fundamental democratic principles" should apply in the case of Rahul Gandhi, who has been disqualified from the Lok Sabha after his conviction in a defamation case.

"We have taken note of the verdict of first instance against the Indian opposition politician Rahul Gandhi as well as the suspension of his parliamentary mandate. To our knowledge, Mr Gandhi is in a position to appeal the verdict," a German foreign ministry spokesperson said during a press briefing.

"It will then become clear whether this verdict will stand and whether the suspension of his mandate has any basis," she added.

The spokesperson said that Germany expects that "standards of judicial independence and fundamental democratic principles" will apply in the case.

Earlier this week, the US said that it is watching the Rahul Gandhi case and they continue to engage with the Indian government on a shared commitment to democratic values, including freedom of expression.

"Respect for the rule of law and judicial independence is a cornerstone of any democracy, and we're watching Mr Gandhi's (Rahul Gandhi) case in Indian courts," US Department of State Principal Deputy Spokesperson Vedant Patel said.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was disqualified last week as a Member of Lok Sabha (MP) from the date of his conviction in the criminal defamation case over his 'Modi surname' remark. Rahul Gandhi was an MP from the seat of Wayanad in Kerala.

NDTV

That tweet in no way hinders your right to practice hinduism. How does his right to speech infringe on your fundamental rights here ? Please explain. I am curious to see what mental gymnastics you indulge in here.

My post was in general about free speech and it's restrictions. If you asked about the specific context, then I feel it may in violation of Indian penal code 153A and 505.

You can express your views but inciting different parties will attract repercussions which is true in any platform. Even here in PP, yoy can write disagreement of different ideology of Islam but you can not incite.

Instead of writing "YOUR RELIGION IS A LIE! THIS IS A LIE! THAT IS A LIE!",

same can be expressed as "I don't agree with x,y,z.... aspects of (whichever) religion."

No one has said one can not express views but if you express in a hatred, then that certainly is harmful for the society.

Knowing the way feku regime operates, won't be surprised a bit if this is true.

good to see that you have no issues with the judgement .... acceptance is the first step to recovery as they say

Not what I said either. I have reproduced my actual quotes below to clear up your confusion.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, recently disqualified from the Parliament after being sentenced to two years in prison over a 2019 defamation case, will challenge his conviction and sentencing in the Surat sessions court tomorrow, sources said. The former Congress president has, in his plea, asked the sessions court to set aside the Magistrate order convicting him in the defamation case. He also asked for an interim stay on the conviction till the matter is disposed of.

Rahul Gandhi was granted bail and his sentence was suspended for 30 days to let him appeal the decision but was swiftly suspended by the Lok Sabha secretariat. Opposition leaders questioned the "bullet train" speed with which action was taken against him.

Unless Mr Gandhi's conviction is put on hold by a higher court, the Election Commission will announce a special election for the Wayanad Lok Sabha seat. He will also not be allowed to contest elections for the next eight years.

The defamation case was filed against Mr Gandhi by BJP MLA and former Gujarat minister Purnesh Modi for saying "How come all thieves have the common surname Modi?"

The former Lok Sabha MP from Wayanad made the remarks while addressing a rally in Karnataka ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, targetting PM Modi over his last name, which he shares with fugitive businessmen Nirav Modi and Lalit Modi.

Mr Gandhi's lawyer has argued the court proceedings were "flawed" from the beginning and also said that PM Modi, and not MLA Purnesh Modi, should have been the complainant in the case because the PM was the main target of Rahul Gandhi's speech.

Days after disqualification, Mr Gandhi was served a notice to vacate his official Delhi bungalow, as he was no longer entitled to it. Congress called the move a 'conspiracy' to 'silence' Rahul Gandhi as he was asking tough questions in the Parliament on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's alleged closeness with industrialist Gautam Adani, whose conglomerate has been accused of "pulling the largest con in corporate history" by US-based short seller Hindenburg Research.

NDTV

Do you have any evidence to back up your opinions?

You don't need evidence to back up opinions, hence why they are referred to as opinions. Do you have any evidence that the courts in India won't be heavily biased in favour of the hindutva sentiment of the population which voted in a hindutva govt?

You don't need evidence to back up opinions, hence why they are referred to as opinions. Do you have any evidence that the courts in India won't be heavily biased in favour of the hindutva sentiment of the population which voted in a hindutva govt?

people form opinions based on something tangible instead of relying on imagination ( that is of course if you want to be taken seriously ). So if you have anything substantiative that supports your opinion lets see it.

But I will humor you regardless on the topic of courts being biased - for starters one of the judges that was part of the Ram Janmabhoomi court case was Justice Nazeer who went by the Archeological survey report and ruled in favor of constructing the temple. You can use some logical deductions to figure out how a muslim judge found himself on that bench when a right wing Hindutva govt was ruling.

Rahul Gandhi In Court Today To Challenge Conviction, BJP Says "Childish"
Rahul Gandhi Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi is likely to move a plea in Surat's sessions court to set aside the Magistrate order convicting him in the defamation case for a remark seen as an insult to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will appear in a Gujarat court today to appeal against his conviction and two-year sentencing in a 2019 defamation case.
Rahul Gandhi is likely to move a plea in Surat's sessions court to set aside the Magistrate order convicting him in the defamation case for a remark seen as an insult to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The former Congress president, sources say, will also ask for an interim stay on the conviction which would also restore his Lok Sabha membership.

He would be represented in the court by senior advocate RS Cheema.

Mr Gandhi, who was recently disqualified as a parliament MP after the Gujarat's court order, will be accompanied by his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and the Chief Ministers of three Congress-ruled states - Ashok Gehlot, Bhupesh Baghel and Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/rah...mation-case-3915218#pfrom=home-ndtv_topscroll

people form opinions based on something tangible instead of relying on imagination ( that is of course if you want to be taken seriously ). So if you have anything substantiative that supports your opinion lets see it.

But I will humor you regardless on the topic of courts being biased - for starters one of the judges that was part of the Ram Janmabhoomi court case was Justice Nazeer who went by the Archeological survey report and ruled in favor of constructing the temple. You can use some logical deductions to figure out how a muslim judge found himself on that bench when a right wing Hindutva govt was ruling.

That's easy, the same way fudge brownie MPs get selected to front anti-immigration drives on behalf of the white population of Great Britain.

people form opinions based on something tangible instead of relying on imagination ( that is of course if you want to be taken seriously ). So if you have anything substantiative that supports your opinion lets see it. .

I've already given you one example of the bias of the lower courts which every Modi supporter on this thread has ignored. So I'll repeat it -

BJP MP Parvesh Verma - "Why are all terrorists only Muslims ?" - Still an MP today.
Congress MP Rahul Gandhi - "Why are all thieves only Modis " - 2 year jail term and disqualified from Parliament.

Maybe [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] should comment on this.

Last edited:
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was granted bail today in a 2019 defamation case and his two-year jail sentence was paused until a decision on his appeal challenging his conviction. A Gujarat court will take up his appeal on April 13.

Mr Gandhi, accompanied by sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and several other Congress leaders including three Chief Ministers, approached Surat's sessions court with an appeal to set aside his conviction over his "Modi surname" comment seen to be an insult to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The former Congress president need not appear in court for the next hearing.

If Mr Gandhi's conviction is not reversed, his disqualification as an MP will stand and he will be barred from contesting elections for eight years. He has already started packing after agreeing to vacate his government bungalow.

Mr Gandhi flew to Surat with a large group of Congress leaders. Chief ministers of three Congress-ruled states - Ashok Gehlot, Bhupesh Baghel and Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu - went with him.

He met his mother Sonia Gandhi yesterday before his court appearance.

The BJP called Mr Gandhi's visit to Surat with his sister and some party leaders as "a childish attempt" to pressure the judiciary.

"Rahul Gandhi might be going to Surat to file an appeal. It is not required of a convict to go personally to file an appeal. Generally, no convict goes personally. His going personally with a motley group of leaders and aides accompanying him is only a drama," Law Minister Kiren Rijiju tweeted.

"What Rahul Gandhi is doing is also a childish attempt to bring pressure on the appellate court. All courts in the country are immune from such tactics," he said in another tweet.

The Congress said the presence of the party leaders in Surat is not a "show of strength", but a "symbol of support" for Mr Gandhi.

NDTV

That's easy, the same way fudge brownie MPs get selected to front anti-immigration drives on behalf of the white population of Great Britain.

small problem here - Justice Nazeer wasn't appointed by the BJP to the Supreme court. You might want to lookup how Chief justices are appointed to the SC in India. Also he ruled against the BJP on the triple talaq case roughly about 2 yrs before the Ram Janmabhoomi case.

Last edited:
I've already given you one example of the bias of the lower courts which every Modi supporter on this thread has ignored. So I'll repeat it -

BJP MP Parvesh Verma - "Why are all terrorists only Muslims ?" - Still an MP today.
Congress MP Rahul Gandhi - "Why are all thieves only Modis " - 2 year jail term and disqualified from Parliament.

Maybe [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] should comment on this.

Was there a court case filed against Parvesh Verma anywhere in the country and what was the verdict ?

One of the judges (chief justice) who decided the Ayodhya case was immediately appointed by the Modi government as a Rajya Sabha member after his retirement. Not evidence, but if that isn't a clear hint of quid pro-quo I don't know what is.

https://thewire.in/law/cji-ranjan-gogoi-rajya-sabha-nomination

Nothing unprecedented about it. The previous Congress governments also elected Ranganath Mishra and Bahrul Islam to the Rajya Sabha. They both were former Chief Justices of the Supreme Court of India.

Nothing unprecedented about it. The previous Congress governments also elected Ranganath Mishra and Bahrul Islam to the Rajya Sabha. They both were former Chief Justices of the Supreme Court of India.

No judge is going to rule against the Government if he's promised a cozy post-retirement job where you basically have to do nothing & will still earn a juicy salary. This was a controversy so much so that Modi channels like TimesNow were questioning this judge's appointment.

Here is the BJP themeselves admitting in 2013 the corrupting influence of a post-retirement sinecure. Now that they're in Govt, they abuse this power.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">‘The desire of a Post-Retirement Job, influences Pre-Retirement Judgements’ : Late Sri <a href="https://twitter.com/arunjaitley?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@arunjaitley</a> <br><br>Sums up the situation today! 👇🏻<a href="https://twitter.com/ktrtrs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KTRTRS</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/pbhushan1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@pbhushan1</a> <a href="https://t.co/epQGqT3xkZ">pic.twitter.com/epQGqT3xkZ</a></p>— Ground Zero (@GroundZeroIndia) <a href="https://twitter.com/GroundZeroIndia/status/1540682205206171648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I addressed this earlier in post #117. Short answer is yes.

I looked at 117 ... I dont see any media link. Tried googling but cant find the details of that incident from 7 yrs ago. Also please note that Justice Nazeer gave adverse rulings on the triple talaq case yet he still found himself on the bench deciding the Ram janmabhoomi issue. So even if we assume that there is nepotism/corruption its not as blatant as people make it out to be. BTW this case has been heard by numerous judges over decades well before 2014 and you can see that there is no blatant reversal of ruling that has happened. And then there is the ASI report which clearly said that the mosque stood right on top of a destroyed temple and found all sorts of artifacts that do not belong in a Mosque. Therefore we can safely rule out any wrong doing.

And Rahul Gandhi will get a favorable verdict in a higher court .... lets wait and watch.

BREAKING NEWS
Surat court rejects Rahul Gandhi's request to put on hold conviction in defamation case

NDTV

An Indian court has rejected opposition leader Rahul Gandhi's appeal seeking a stay on his conviction in a criminal defamation case.

The decision extends the uncertainty over whether he can contest in national elections due next year.

Mr Gandhi has been sentenced to two years in jail for 2019 comments about Prime Minister Narendra Modi's surname at an election rally.

He won't be arrested until he has exhausted all legal appeals.

Mr Gandhi's lawyer, Kirit Panwala, told the BBC that they will challenge the decision in the Gujarat high court.

Mr Gandhi lost his seat in parliament a day after his conviction on 23 March due to a Supreme Court order which says that a lawmaker convicted in a crime and sentenced to two or more years in jail is disqualified with immediate effect.

The Congress has criticised Mr Gandhi's conviction and accused the governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of political vendetta.

The BJP has denied this, saying that due judicial process was followed in the case.

Earlier this month, Mr Gandhi had filed appeals to suspend his sentence, or secure bail, and to suspend his conviction in a court in Surat.

The court had granted Mr Gandhi bail to appeal against his conviction, but it's the stay or suspension of his conviction that's crucial to reinstating him as an MP.

The defamation case against Mr Gandhi, brought by BJP lawmaker Purnesh Modi, revolved around comments Mr Gandhi made in Karnataka state in 2019 during an election rally: "Why do all these thieves have Modi as their surname? Nirav Modi, Lalit Modi, Narendra Modi," he said.

Nirav Modi is a fugitive Indian diamond tycoon while Lalit Modi is a former chief of the Indian Premier League who has been banned for life by the country's cricket board.

Purnesh Modi in his complaint alleged that the comments had defamed the entire Modi community. However, Mr Gandhi said that he made the comment to highlight corruption and it was not directed against any communit

BBC

"Just Do The Math": Rahul Gandhi Predicts 2024 "Surprise" Result
Rahul Gandhi, who is currently on a US tour, was interacting with journalists at the National Press Club in Washington yesterday.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday expressed confidence in an united opposition's potential to remove the BJP from power after next year's national elections.
Mr Gandhi, who is currently on a US tour, was interacting with journalists at the National Press Club in Washington yesterday

"I think the Congress party will do very well in the next election. I think it will surprise people. Just do the math, a united opposition will defeat the BJP on its own," he said.

With less than a year left for the parliament elections, he said the Congress was holding regular talks with other Opposition parties.

"The opposition is pretty well united. We are having conversations with all the Opposition (parties). I think quite a lot of good work is happening there. It's a complicated discussion because there are spaces where we are competing with the Opposition. So a bit of give and take is required," he said.

"But I am confident that it (a grand Opposition alliance) will happen," he added.

Mr Gandhi also accused the government of "capturing" institutions, a charge levelled by various opposition leaders in the past and denied by the ruling party.

The Congress leader opened up on losing his Parliament membership over his conviction in a defamation case, saying it was "an advantage" for him.

NDTV

India’s top court on Friday suspended the defamation conviction of Rahul Gandhi, a decision that could pave the way for the senior opposition politician to return to parliament after his disqualification.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was today reinstated to the parliament following a stay on his conviction in a criminal defamation case over his 'Modi surname' remark. Mr Gandhi will be back in the Lok Sabha, representing his constituency Wayanad, at a time when the parliament has seen repeated disruptions over the Opposition bloc INDIA's demand for a dedicated discussion on violence in Manipur prefaced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's statement on the same.

NDTV

BREAKING NEWS
Surat court rejects Rahul Gandhi's request to put on hold conviction in defamation case

NDTV
Thank Gawddd, Puppu is back.

Now BJP's win in 2024 s all but sealed :LOL:

"

Last edited by a moderator:
Good guy but his leftist politics is completely out of synch with what Indians want today.

For most Indians, even Modi is not fascist enough.

Yogi Adityanath the Chief Minister of UP is looked at as the ideal leader by most Indians for the fact that he’s willing to deal with the criminal elements in the minority with the iron fist.

Rahulg has an amazing social media team now. Every video they churn out is better than the earlier one. Where the BJP are only capable of churning out base-level stuff like Kashmir Files or Kerala Story, Rahulg's team is tugging at what truly appeals to this land - basic human emotions like kindness and empathy for other humans.

The music... everything about this is rewatchable and

:aag

Rahulg in BJP constituency Ladakh, and judging by the bhakt reactions, seems like Burnol has sent a huge shipment there.

Going by these teasers, the upcoming video from Ladakh is gonna be one of the best from his channel.

I can almost feel myself losing interest in him. He is no longer the underdog. Modi is done.

Rahulg has an amazing social media team now. Every video they churn out is better than the earlier one. Where the BJP are only capable of churning out base-level stuff like Kashmir Files or Kerala Story, Rahulg's team is tugging at what truly appeals to this land - basic human emotions like kindness and empathy for other humans.

While the BJP keeps churning out classless fake news videos, look at the quality of what his team are churning out.

A team follows its leader lmaooo

This half-Italian guy is teaching us full-Indians our historical traditions. To travel the land and try and understand it personally.

4000kms on foot.

Now, a 1000km by bike.

Unstoppable :srt

RaGa is a great guy.

It’s just that Congress’s political ideology is now redundant in modern day Bharat.

RaGa is a great guy.

It’s just that Congress’s political ideology is now redundant in modern day Bharat.

The Congress ideology is the closest to the overarching ideology that has captivated this region for thousands of years.

Along the way, over those thousands of years, there were little spurts of different ideologies that were often restricted to the Centre. Eventually, every one of those ideologies got swallowed up by the overarching one.

Modi might make it seem like New India is ready for something new. History doesn't lie and ideologies never take uturns for too long here.

History will cast aside Modi, just like it has cast aside every single despot that tried to hammer his will here.

The Congress ideology is the closest to the overarching ideology that has captivated this region for thousands of years.

Along the way, over those thousands of years, there were little spurts of different ideologies that were often restricted to the Centre. Eventually, every one of those ideologies got swallowed up by the overarching one.

Modi might make it seem like New India is ready for something new. History doesn't lie and ideologies never take uturns for too long here.

History will cast aside Modi, just like it has cast aside every single despot that tried to hammer his will here.

I used to think in the similar lines but i have realised this is not just passing showers. Modi is not bringing a forced change, he’s awakened the Hindu in our people. A Hindu that was sleeping on pills given by Congress for the last many decades. This is a spiritual awakening of our rashtra. It’s a Tsunami.

I used to think in the similar lines but i have realised this is not just passing showers. Modi is not bringing a forced change, he’s awakened the Hindu in our people. A Hindu that was sleeping on pills given by Congress for the last many decades. This is a spiritual awakening of our rashtra. It’s a Tsunami.
Forget tsunami for a while as it is a little unrelated to what I'm going to say.

For tidal forces to work, the crescent moon needs to exert some pull. What if the moon decides to adopt the overarching ideology of this land and remain calm?

Tides will recede, leaving Modiji lying on the beach.

Hope he's not forgotten to wear his pracharak chaddi when that happens :rp

Forget tsunami for a while as it is a little unrelated to what I'm going to say.

For tidal forces to work, the crescent moon needs to exert some pull. What if the moon decides to adopt the overarching ideology of this land and remain calm?

Tides will recede, leaving Modiji lying on the beach.

Hope he's not forgotten to wear his pracharak chaddi when that happens :rp
BJP for the 2024 election is covered. Done deal. But this will be Modi's last term. I don't think there's anyone to fill his boots in his party once he retires. RG is a bit clownish and doesn't command any respect either in Hindi heartland or the Hindu groups. He isn't even the PM candidate yet in the India coalition. Don't think he was good enough to even hold a ministry yet in his life. Walking and biking are good for health and one shouldn't doubt his physical fitness. One also doesn't doubt his juveline mental fitness. That's the problem.

One thing is certain though. BJP knows this is their last chance. There will be a tsunami for good or bad and I expect them to fulfill their agenda.

He isn't even the PM candidate yet in the India coalition. Don't think he was good enough to even hold a ministry yet in his life. Walking and biking are good for health and one shouldn't doubt his physical fitness. One also doesn't doubt his juveline mental fitness. That's the problem.

One thing is certain though. BJP knows this is their last chance. There will be a tsunami for good or bad and I expect them to fulfill their agenda.
Our Puppu is a good boy, he knows how to ride a bike, he know how to walk, all good things needed to lead a nation of a billion plus 😇 .. Lastly Puppu also has an IQ of dog feces you see on the road...

Yeah agreed the 2024 will most likely be PM Modi's last term, after that I am not sure if the BJP will win the following election, so far they do not have a suitable PM candidate.

BJP for the 2024 election is covered. Done deal.

The South has kicked the BJP into the bin. Maharashtra will do too soon. These regions contribute the most to the upkeep of the whole of India. Bengal, Orissa and J&K will continue to reject the BJP. Just a matter of time before the North East follows. So what you have left are some Gujaratis and the Hindi belt - the Indian bible belt, the rednecks of India. If they don't use their brains and continue to blow hot air chanting Modi, there are a few disastrous things that will happen.

You can start frothing and go all rabid on me :rabada2 but I don't care and this is the future reality I see, if your smug claims turn out true.

Tolerance has limits and at some point those who don't give a damn about Modi are going to start questioning why they are slogging to maintain some useless people they don't share a common spirit and ideology with.

Modi will have spiritual blood on his hands in the destruction of India.

But I don't see this happening. Luckily. The wheel is ready to complete a circle. Just make sure you guys stay indoors on that day. There's a lot of pent up frustration and things could turn ugly if you show your shiny faces in public :rp

The South has kicked the BJP into the bin. Maharashtra will do too soon. These regions contribute the most to the upkeep of the whole of India. Bengal, Orissa and J&K will continue to reject the BJP. Just a matter of time before the North East follows. So what you have left are some Gujaratis and the Hindi belt - the Indian bible belt, the rednecks of India. If they don't use their brains and continue to blow hot air chanting Modi, there are a few disastrous things that will happen.

You can start frothing and go all rabid on me :rabada2 but I don't care and this is the future reality I see, if your smug claims turn out true.

Tolerance has limits and at some point those who don't give a damn about Modi are going to start questioning why they are slogging to maintain some useless people they don't share a common spirit and ideology with.

Modi will have spiritual blood on his hands in the destruction of India.

But I don't see this happening. Luckily. The wheel is ready to complete a circle. Just make sure you guys stay indoors on that day. There's a lot of pent up frustration and things could turn ugly if you show your shiny faces in public :rp
The pent up frustration of the Indian voter already showed in the last two elections. There is no PM candidate among the corrupt yet. I'm not sure about 2029 but 2024 is Modi's. He's not just an astute administrator he also knows how to win national elections. He will cook something up right before elections. He lost state elections before but that didn't put a dent in the national elections. Everyone knows the next 5 years are BJP's last chance and they will create a tsunami. Wait and watch helplessly!

Back