RBS Pentangular ODI Cup | Baluchistan Bears v Federal Areas Leopards | 24 April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Baluchistan Bears squad

Abdur Rauf*, Abid Ali, Ansar Javed, Arun Lal, Ata-ur-Rehman, Gulraiz Sadaf†, Jalat Khan, Kashif Naved, Kashif Siddiq, Mohammad Irfan, Nazar Hussain, Rameez Alam, Rizwan Haider, Saeed Anwar jnr, Taimur Khan, Taufeeq Umar, Zulfiqar Babar

Federal Areas Leopards squad

Bazid Khan*, Iftikhar Anjum, Imad Wasim, Junaid Nadir, Mohammad Rameez, Muzammil Nizam, Naeem Anjum†, Raheel Majeed, Shehzad Azam, Shoaib Akhtar, Shoaib Khaliq, Umair Khan, Umar Amin, Usman Saeed, Yasim Murtaza

It will be another vital match for Shoaib Akhtar who has played two matches back to back and is second highest wicket taker in the tournament (8 wickets). If he manages to bowl anothetr 10 overs today it will prove us to some extent that he is fit

Last edited:
Looking forward to shoaib akhtar bowling..... its always fun when he is full flow so i hope he continues

If Shoaib Akhtar can put in another good performance then we might have something. The more he performs the better - its as obvious and as simple as that.

I think in Akhtar's case fitness is more vital and important rather than performance. Obviously performance is what it really matters. But I think Akhtar has to prove his fitness more than performance. His ability has never been doubted nor I think it will be. Hence, if he performs well then it would be bonus.

Cover Drive said:
I think in Akhtar's case fitness is more vital and important rather than performance. Obviously performance is what it really matters. But I think Akhtar has to prove his fitness more than performance. His ability has never been doubted nor I think it will be. Hence, if he performs well then it would be bonus.

Fitness is important but if he gets hammered around - all of the aura he has been creating recently will go down the drain. People will start saying "Look he is getting smacked around in domestic cricket".

kingusama92 said:
Fitness is important but if he gets hammered around - all of the aura he has been creating recently will go down the drain. People will start saying "Look he is getting smacked around in domestic cricket".
Sometimes I don't care what surrounding say. Whether you do good or bad they always talk so sometimes I don't pay much attention to them.

Cover Drive said:
Sometimes I don't care what surrounding say. Whether you do good or bad they always talk so sometimes I don't pay much attention to them.

Love the attitude. Although we have to remember this is Pakistani cricket.

There will always be chatter and it will always alter decisions based around selections unfortunately. Shoaib Akhtar will have to do everything well from now on in order to get selected.

This is the reality of the situation. If he gets injured it will probably spell the end for him. If he puts in a few rubbish performances the same will happen. The selectors won't be able to justify his selection if he doesn't perform.

kingusama92 said:
Love the attitude. Although we have to remember this is Pakistani cricket.

There will always be chatter and it will always alter decisions based around selections unfortunately. Shoaib Akhtar will have to do everything well from now on in order to get selected.

This is the reality of the situation. If he gets injured it will probably spell the end for him. If he puts in a few rubbish performances the same will happen. The selectors won't be able to justify his selection if he doesn't perform.
True, I agree with you..however I also think Akhtar whatever Akhtar does or happens with him will be really vital. For example, if he skip any game people will say he has got injured and the list goes on.

highest wicket taker is zulfikar babar(9) not shoaib(8)

Mohammed Rameez to bowl from other end. Has bowled well in this tournament so far

Commentators bemoaning fact that Shoaib Akhtar never had a good bowling partner at the other end during his career.

is Pakpassion.Tv not showing it ? last time justin.tv were showing it i think

Akhtar really cranking up the pace now.

Bowling to Taufeeq Umar now.

Ali888 said:
is Pakpassion.Tv not showing it ? last time justin.tv were showing it i think

Doesnt seem to load and didnt see nothing on Justin.tv!

Ooh flashes at one outside off stump goes past the outside edge swinging away

Taufeeq Umar OUT

Mohammed Rameez benefits from pressure built up by Shoaib Akhtar.

Ohh and again, short pitched ball, batsman tries to evade, hits his gloves and almost bounces back onto stumps

Ooooh and then Akhtar tries to spear one in at yorker length, defended by batsman

GONE GONE GONE

Akhtar gets the batsman after having him in all sorts of trouble, fending at a short pitched ball outside off stump

Mr Akhter has left the ground after bowling 4 overs and he was kind of limping while going out of ground...

my wife is using computer now looking at some stupid stuff make-up or nail varnish or something

akhtar is back on field, he was not limping when he went off, the commentator said he was walking awkwardly because of the spikes he was wearing

commentators saying how lucky young bowlers are to have akhtar guiding them whilst standing at mid on

^^^ commentators saying what a godly specimen akhter is..

Commentators saying they wish they were akhter..

Commentators praising akhter for inventing cricket!

Pacy yorker followed by a a slightly shorter ball by Akhtar which gets edged and dropped by Bazid Khan in the slips

Shoaib getting his yorkers right in the blockhole.

Akhtar teaching the umpire how to judge a no ball! :)))

I guess too much complaining by Akhtar , and now wonder heat of Karachi is killing him.

The heats defo getting to Akhtar but still bowled really well & economically

Akhtars first spell was excellent, nothing wide or wayward and pressure created by Akhtar forced the wicket of Taufeeq as he tried to hit out against Rameez.

His over to Abid Ali for the wicket was excellent mix of short pitched and yorker length stuff which had the batsman in all sorts of trouble and Abid Ali has been in good form in this and previous tournaments

Commentators have been full of praise for Akhtars all round contribution to the game

Karachi is boiling today if Akhtar can get through 10 without any probs then its a big tick net to his finess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back