RBS Twenty/20 Cup Day 1 Matches Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it was out. He didn't have anything behind the line.

:danish is in brilliant batting form at the moment, maybe the game is still alive.

You can always rely on Rana to bowl a no ball at a crucial stage of the game. :))

Good fight by Karachi but I don't think they're going to do it here unless Rana bowls another extra.

rana kicks the pitch and swears after taking the final wicket, haha, what a joker.

Wow. What a tense and close finish!

Well done to Malik's 'boys'.

This is why I've said Asif should be in the international team, always causes problems with the new ball.

What a match between Stallions and Zebras ! Khurram Manzoor played extremely well, but was out in an unfortunate manner. Rana Naved although keeping his cool in the last over bowled some very poor deliveries and looked out of sorts. This no-ball over stepping the line problem he has needs to be eradicated as it proves so costly towards the team and after that he usually loses his head and direction and begins to bowl some wayward, easy stuff for batsmen to capitalise on.

Razzaq and Malik batted well, both hitting some yummy sixes !! A great game, hopefully many more to come. So 4 run victory for the defending champions !

I was unimpressed by Asad Shafiq. He was totally out of sorts and couldn't connect, ugly batting. Faisal Iqbal batted nicely though. Thanks a bunch to the guy who provided me the super link btw.

Last edited:
Shoaib Malik has forgotton that the interviewer is Pakistani and is asking him questions in Urdu :)))

Now he's started talking in Urdu.

For next match...Karachi Zebras should remove Danish Kaneria from the team and replace him with a better bowler...they really need good bowlers

Sledger said:
Aamer and Gul bowl at the death.
with Razzaq in the team..I am not sure we can have the trio of Aamer,Asif,Gul playing at the same time..Ajmal and Afridi are certain for a spot.So how would you accomodate Asif!

From Imran Nazir's supporters point of view..

"So what if he got out twice in three balls? Sialkot won the game, right? Nazir should play EVERY game since he brings us good luck".

Sledger said:
This is why I've said Asif should be in the international team, always causes problems with the new ball.

Tell me a single poster here who has opposed this statement?

Seen Sheen said:
with Razzaq in the team..I am not sure we can have the trio of Aamer,Asif,Gul playing at the same time..Ajmal and Afridi are certain for a spot.So how would you accomodate Asif!
Asif and Aamer with the new ball, Gul first change and if he's going for runs bring on Razzaq. 2 spinners bowl 8 in the middle.

Sledger said:
Asif and Aamer with the new ball, Gul first change and if he's going for runs bring on Razzaq. 2 spinners bowl 8 in the middle.
It will lengthen our tail quite a bit..Playing 4 bowlers...but our next t20 assignment is still more than 2 months away.So i think its not appropriate to talk about combinations just now..:D

Last edited:
You can afford to have a slightly longer tail in T20s if the bowler you're adding is good enough.

Anyway, congrats to the way both teams played, last years finalists put on another close game.

Sledger said:
You can afford to have a slightly longer tail in T20s if the bowler you're adding is good enough.

Anyway, congrats to the way both teams played, last years finalists put on another close game.
The last year finalists were Lions and Stallions..

Sledger said:
Oh yeah, you're right - so when was it that Adeel Malik won them the game hitting Anwar Ali for a few sixes? Maybe the year before last?
yup,it was year before the last competiton..I was in the Chairman's box at Qaddafi for that match,it was a low scoring thriller, 'Jaggi' Malik hit those sixes to win the game for Stallions..:)

Saj said:
Khurram Manzoor launching into Razzaq with ease.

Razzaq these days is nothing more than cannon fodder.

Not just These days But since 2004 if I remember correctly...thats why I dont think he should play as a bowling all rounder in National side and this iswhy i believe going back to razaaq is a huge step backwards!

Uncle Sam said:

From Imran Nazir's supporters point of view..

"So what if he got out twice in three balls? Sialkot won the game, right? Nazir should play EVERY game since he brings us good luck".

Indeed, I'm not sure if he hit a first ball boundary today or a second ball boundary (hoping it was the former, rather than the latter), but it was just the start that his team needed. :D

I was very surprised that Razzak bowled well against England.
His bolwing is pretty much over and shouldn't play anything more than a 5th/6th bowling option ie we should not rely on his bowling much

Special praise must be given to Faisal Iqbal.
He played a very convincing innings I must say- almost tempted to give him a go in the One Day side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back