Reasons Why India can win the ICC Champions Trophy 2025

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
I think India can win the ICC Champions Trophy in 2025 for three reasons:

1. They have a really strong batting lineup with amazing players who can score big runs.

2. Their bowlers are smart and strategic, and can get the opposition out quickly.

3. They have great leadership and team dynamics, which is important for winning big games

What do you think will be the reasons why India will win this tournament?

1. They will play in Dubai and so will have the crowd behind them
2. In Dubai, they will have a favorable crowd, but the pressure will not be like playing in Ahmedabad in front of 130k silent fans. so they will have the best of both worlds
3. They can keep playing at 1 ground, don't have to travel around the country, and can get used to the conditions really fast, giving them an unfair advantage.

Pakistan will win the Champions Trophy, every time we humiliate a big team the next major tournament they end up wining for e.g we beat India in 2007 who were favourites to win the world cup. Next WC in 2011 they won the WC. Imam-ul- Haque should be made captain in all formats, he speaks better english.

No bigger embarrassment for PCT to achieve their arch rivals lift trophy on their soil.

Bro, we have to come out of this mindset. If a team plays good cricket, they deserve to win, doesn’t matter where they play and also it is a huge onus on the victorious team to show class after winning and not try to rub it or be disrespectful.

They can win the World Cup but Pakistan have greater chance of winning it.

Funny things happen in the game, it is a great leveller and at this point, Pakistan is one team that is likely to bury the humiliation of this year and win the trophy.

They can win the World Cup but Pakistan have greater chance of winning it.

Funny things happen in the game, it is a great leveller and at this point, Pakistan is one team that is likely to bury the humiliation of this year and win the trophy.

Isn't the tournament in UAE and Pakistan?

Pitches are supposed to be very flat. England and Australia should have a feast.

South Africa are likely to dominate group stage but get knocked out in semi (as usual).

So basically the whole gist of it is that "India will win the tournament because India is strong in batting, bowling and leadership" lol.
Matlab kuchh bhi..

Last edited by a moderator:
Afraid India probably cannot.

We are sticking with a couple of geriatrics that will cost us .

It's one thing to mask the weaknesses in T20. Harder to do in ODI's.

Afraid India probably cannot.

We are sticking with a couple of geriatrics that will cost us .

It's one thing to mask the weaknesses in T20. Harder to do in ODI's.
Agreed, time for you to get lost and let my boys handle it. Can't wait to see Travis head on video game pitches.

Barring 2006 by Australia, Champions Trophy was never won by a team that was at that time the best ODI team in the world. It tells us that anyone can win it if they find form at the right time and have a bit of luck.

It's just a pointless tournament brought back from the dead to fill ICC coffers.

Barring 2006 by Australia, Champions Trophy was never won by a team that was at that time the best ODI team in the world. It tells us that anyone can win it if they find form at the right time and have a bit of luck.

It's just a pointless tournament brought back from the dead to fill ICC coffers.
1998 South Africa. Probably 2009 Australia as well.

Agreed, time for you to get lost and let my boys handle it. Can't wait to see Travis head on video game pitches.
Why you laughing @Nikhil_cric is the butt whooping of 2023 still living rent free in your head?

Don't mention 2024, that was a pitty patty, aussies felt bad for this lot.

Why you laughing @Nikhil_cric is the butt whooping of 2023 still living rent free in your head?

Don't mention 2024, that was a pitty patty, aussies felt bad for this lot.
Australia definitely are favourites, lil bro.

But they are in a group with SA, England and Afghanistan. Will be funny if Afghanistan eliminates Australia yet again :misbah

I whole heartedly agree and congratulate the OP for his brilliant assessment.

Now that India has broken the jinx of not winning ICC trophies, I expect us to win multiple ones back to back. My prediction is India will win upcoming Champions Trophy and WTC Finals.

For WTC Finals, I can already envision Rohit Sharma lifting the trophy in Lords Balcony on June 2025.

However, the only question remains is where will he lift the Champions Trophy? Will it be in the podium of Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore or Dubai International Stadium?

Some very exciting times coming up for Indian cricket.

Now that India has broken the jinx of not winning ICC trophies, I expect us to win multiple ones back to back. My prediction is India will win upcoming Champions Trophy and WTC Finals.

For WTC Finals, I can already envision Rohit Sharma lifting the trophy in Lords Balcony on June 2025.

However, the only question remains is where will he lift the Champions Trophy? Will it be in the podium of Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore or Dubai International Stadium?

Hope you join them there too

With tri series gone & bilateral ODI series mostly played by B teams - I think it makes sense to have 1 multi nation event once every year

Having 8 teams - all full fledged gunning for a big trophy is much better than these plethora of 3 match bilateral series with little at stake

Also the only chance to see India vs Pakistan with its usual social media storms before & after the games and epic meltdown by losing team's fans post defeat

Hope the final is not at Dubai stadium. Awful stadium. Whoever wins toss will bat 2nd & win !

Australia definitely are favourites, lil bro.

But they are in a group with SA, England and Afghanistan. Will be funny if Afghanistan eliminates Australia yet again :misbah
I don't see England beating aus. SA and Afghanistan 100%.

Then again it depends which England shows up, be it transitioning England or of they'll have figured things out by 2025

Ps by 100% I meant they have a chance. Not that they'll 100% beat them lol

I don't see England beating aus. SA and Afghanistan 100%.

Then again it depends which England shows up, be it transitioning England or of they'll have figured things out by 2025

Ps by 100% I meant they have a chance. Not that they'll 100% beat them lol
Kidding bro. OZ and SA are favourites to go through. So are India and Pakistan.

Isn't the tournament in UAE and Pakistan?

Pitches are supposed to be very flat. England and Australia should have a feast.

South Africa are likely to dominate group stage but get knocked out in semi (as usual).

England's golden phase in white ball cricket was over with the 2023 WC humiliation. Imagine if India had such a tournament, you would have probably labelled them as minnows by now.

Australia are always dominant in ODI tournaments so they obviously are favourites.

I think India can win the ICC Champions Trophy in 2025 for three reasons:

1. They have a really strong batting lineup with amazing players who can score big runs.

2. Their bowlers are smart and strategic, and can get the opposition out quickly.

3. They have great leadership and team dynamics, which is important for winning big games

What do you think will be the reasons why India will win this tournament?
India can win solely because of their strong bowling. Bowling is the strength. India have the best bowling attack when fully fit. Batting no not really.

A jinx thread to make fun of us..
All I can say is..
Aaltoo Jalaaltoo ayi bala ko taal tu..
Need to go to temple to get buri Nazar removed from Indian team..

With Jay Shah in charge expect some unforeseeable favors too in their quest for CT

India is a tournament team. They may not win it. They will do well. Can't remember when was the last ICC ODI tournament they got hiding since 2007. Probably CT failures in 2010 i think.

India is a tournament team. They may not win it. They will do well. Can't remember when was the last ICC ODI tournament they got hiding since 2007. Probably CT failures in 2010 i think.

That's because we have generally been a top class ODI side consistently ever since MSD took charge in 2007.

As this CT would be played on sub continent pitches therefore India has a great chance. They are more favorites because of their bowlers like Bumrah, Kuldeep etc rather than batters

Cancel the Champions Trophy, it is a useless tournament with little meaning.

Most likely.. Australia will win it.. or perhaps South Africa might finally bury their ghosts of the past and start anew by winning this again.. who knows.. honestly this trophy is irrelevant.. makes no sense to have it as the Odi World Cup is the premier trophy for odis and wc and T20i world cup the premier trophy for t20is..

Most likely.. Australia will win it.. or perhaps South Africa might finally bury their ghosts of the past and start anew by winning this again.. who knows.. honestly this trophy is irrelevant.. makes no sense to have it as the Odi World Cup is the premier trophy for odis and wc and T20i world cup the premier trophy for t20is..
South Africa deserve a tournament victory could help them heal their big wounds.

A big reason could be their recent breaking of mental shackles. Guys like Pandya and Bumrah are the key to their success.

So the event is just 5 months away and we still have no schedule, no confirmation of venues, no confirmation of teams' participation etc etc. what a joke!

Cancel the Champions Trophy, it is a useless tournament with little meaning.
What do you expect from a tournament to be called a world class event? having top 8 teams competing against each other not enough to make it a exciting tournament?

Back