Regional One-Day Cup | Jan 25 - Feb 11, 2018 | Islamabad/Rawalpindi/Peshawar | Discussion Thread

Glad both Lahore teams didn't make the semi. Patronage can only take you so far.

Score Update
Peshawar vs Karachi Whites

Peshawar won the toss and elected to bat
Peshawar 78/2 in 18.4 overs

While Farhan's SR has dipped a bit in few innings but importantly he played according to the target he was chasing and his runs resulted in a win and he is still young with great eye.

Israrullah has been pretty impressive in limited overs for sometime now and Rizwan seems to have improved quite a bit. Rizwan always had talent but couldnt handle the pressure of international games. I hope he has improved on that aspect.

Also Iftikhar Ahmed has been a giant in this tournument, may be should be given a longer run in international cricket considering his record in list A and he is a handy off spinner too.

Unfortuately whenever I have seen him wither in PSL, domestic or international he struggles with the bat.

Anybody knows who is this bowler Muhammad Imran from Faislabad? He has been outstanding in this regional cup

Anybody knows who is this bowler Muhammad Imran from Faislabad? He has been outstanding in this regional cup

Yes he is from bahawalapur he is an all-rounder , his strength is Yorkers

Horrible presentation by PTV, the camera position for the pitch is normal from one side and positioned on the left from the other side. Can't see properly the trajectory of the delivery. The production feels like from 1987. If this is the best PTV can arrange than we are better off watching the scorecard, watched it for a while and switched it off.

Khurram Virat Manzoor again....
Just accept this, he is the best OD opener in Pakistan

0 and 0
He has a brilliant tacneec, nobody can match him.
Greatest opener in Pakistan

0 and 0???? Hack-0-Meter and Fluke-0-Meter must have been broken down by his extremely high ratings, they couldn't give any feedback. hence proved, he's the biggest hack and Fkuke Masta.

Pakistan Odi team must persist with elegant Amin, Solid Azhar and intelligent Imam.

I have proof that Shan is better. :shh

View attachment 78684

You have to look at matches, runs, sample size.....
Shan's Average was in 30's before this season so he is just learning from USTAAD Khurram, you cant make me believe that Shanny is better than Khurru but yes one player is better than Khurru and that is Sir Fawad Alam :salute

0 and 0???? Hack-0-Meter and Fluke-0-Meter must have been broken down by his extremely high ratings, they couldn't give any feedback. hence proved, he's the biggest hack and Fkuke Masta.

Pakistan Odi team must persist with elegant Amin, Solid Azhar and intelligent Imam.

Khurru is a mix of all these three multiplied by three, he is elegant, solid and intelligent also moreover he has tacneec and has got shots, he is missing just one thing and that is :afridi

Khurru is a mix of all these three multiplied by three, he is elegant, solid and intelligent also moreover he has tacneec and has got shots, he is missing just one thing and that is :afridi

Khurram comes from a planet where Tacneec is not present in the atmosphere. Many of his planet mates have been labeled as HaCks, Fluke Kings and Domestic Bulbul bullies. :fawad :fz :sharjeel, the broken Hack-0-Meter and Fluke-0-Meter is proof of that.

They are ineligible to play for Pakistan because they're from a different planet where scoring matters more than Supreme Tacneec :shafiq2.

Khurram should be exiled from Pakistan because he tries to play with intent.

Pakistan needs the openers who can provide stability at the top, see off the new ball so that it'll be easy when the middle orders come into play at 10-1 or 17-2. AZHAR is solid as a mountain, Imam is more intelligent batsman than Einstein, and Amin bats more beautifully than Lara. They're the Rising stars in the eyes of management and rightly so, they provide desired results for the Top order. Instead of playing rash shots and scoring quickly one should play dot balls, blunt the new ball survive a few overs of swing and if after doing all that he gets out for like 2 (19), the mission is accomplished for Pakistani opener.

Last edited:
Khurram comes from a planet where Tacneec is not present in the atmosphere. Many of his planet mates have been labeled as HaCks, Fluke Kings and Domestic Bulbul bullies. :fawad :fz :sharjeel, the broken Hack-0-Meter and Fluke-0-Meter is proof of that.

They are ineligible to play for Pakistan because they're from a different planet where scoring matters more than Supreme Tacneec :shafiq2.

Khurram should be exiled from Pakistan because he tries to play with intent.

Pakistan needs the openers who can provide stability at the top, see off the new ball so that it'll be easy when the middle orders come into play at 10-1 or 17-2. AZHAR is solid as a mountain, Imam is more intelligent batsman than Einstein, and Amin bats more beautifully than Lara. They're the Rising stars in the eyes of management and rightly so, they provide desired results for the Top order. Instead of playing rash shots and scoring quickly one should play dot balls, blunt the new ball survive a few overs of swing and if after doing all that he gets out for like 2 (19), the mission is accomplished for Pakistani opener.

Bas kar pagley, rulaaye gaa abb :danish

This is the Manifesto of Pakistani Odi opener.

You guys remember there was a time when Jamshed and Shehzad would be opening for Pakistan and match after match, the score after 5 overs won't go into double digits. No points for guessing who the captain was.

I can't believe how one guy singlehandedly destroyed the Pakistani way of cricket.

You guys remember there was a time when Jamshed and Shehzad would be opening for Pakistan and match after match, the score after 5 overs won't go into double digits. No points for guessing who the captain was.

I can't believe how one guy singlehandedly destroyed the Pakistani way of cricket.

Can't blame only 1 guy, there are many culprits.:waqar :ma :inzi:shkhan

Last edited:
Had it be an akmal making centuries after centuries like khurram, he would've been playing right now for pak.

I have proof that Shan is better. :shh

View attachment 78684

what is surprising is that Kohli, Dhoni and ABDV have got that high average after scoring most of those runs in internationals. Also going by that list, looks like Sami nad SHan are playing wrong formats internationally and Khurram deserves a go ahead of Azhar and his ilk

Islamabad 295/1 in 43 overs
Shan masood 148 runs off of 129 balls
Babar 105 runs off of 95 balls

Really trash bowlers today and people here talk about replacing Amir. Our bowling talent depth looks the worst ever in Pakistan domestic cricket history.

Lol Saad Altaf offical age is 34 year old but he looks older than Misbah.

Really trash bowlers today and people here talk about replacing Amir. Our bowling talent depth looks the worst ever in Pakistan domestic cricket history.

not really boweler falt catches dropp misfield show in that big score

I have seen 4-5 overs of the match and the bowlers have been absolutely mediocre. None of them ran in at all, they came in trotting at a leisurely pace and and delivered trundling rubbish.

Shan has become a giant in limited overs cricket. I have no issues now that multan Sultans have selected him.

Look at the pace of these bowlers

It's just not Rawalpindi but all other regional teams
There’s actually a lot of quality prospects coming through in terms of pace bowling, Ahmed Bashir bowling for Islamabad is one of em.

Look at the pace of these bowlers

It's just not Rawalpindi but all other regional teams

but if you see with flat wicket what can bowel do. i rember slman butt make score 292 against bowelling attcke that include shoaib akther.
in other hand you can say our batsman are two bad that he cant get 200.

Khuram Manzoor might be crap but he has got only 7 ODIs to prove himself and you see Ahmed Shehzad playing 81 ODIs.

It's totally unfair.

Hopefully Shan is given a fair chance in ODIs no matter how bad he is in Test cricket and not repeat same mistake of K. Manzoor.

Rawalpindi in trouble on 91/3 in 17.3 overs as they chase a near impossible 381 to win to qualify for the final of the Regional One-Day tournament; M Hafeez (48) the only batsman to have challenged Islamabad bowlers, with Shehzad Alam and Nauman Ali taking 1 wkt apiece #Cricket

Ahmed Bashir is ordinary and low on pace. Why was he being hyped on this forum?
Are you sure you were watching the right guy? Was swinging it both ways and was clearing getting the odd delivery into the low 140 kph range towards the latter end of his spell.

I couldn't stand this Shan Massod guy due to obvious reasons. But his consistence performances in this domestic season have left me wondering.

Are you sure you were watching the right guy? Was swinging it both ways and was clearing getting the odd delivery into the low 140 kph range towards the latter end of his spell.
He's playing for Islamabad today right? I believe I was watching the right guy, unless there are two Ahmed Bashirs in our domestic cricket who bowl pace. Shehzad Rana looked faster than Bashir. Also something I noticed is that Bashir didn't really bowl a heavy ball with his height and neither is he skiddy, while Shehzad looked to have the ability to bowl the heavy ball. Think Hasan, Amir and Faheem are atleast 9-10 kph quicker than both of them though.

Saud Shakeel looks class. This kid isn't far away from an international debut. Needs to work a bit on his footwork against spin though.

Iftikhar is still the same hack. No idea how he gets runs consistently with that pathetic technique. Not international level.

Iftikhar is still the same hack. No idea how he gets runs consistently with that pathetic technique. Not international level.

But, he has been exceptional in this tournument unfortunately used to get too nervous in PSL and in international matches.

I don't remember but he has improved over the years. If Ahmed can rise like Hassn then good for him and Pakistan cricket.

Well this was on 27th August 2016 against England

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?239213-Talent-Spotter-Hasan-Ali&p=8823268#post8823268

That is where the eye comes in. Some players step up at international level, Hassan, Shadab are recent exapmles. Root is little old example.

Its not only about stats and first glance of someone, its about the potential and capacity to grow and then hard work which makes all the difference.

May be someone is better then the other at the moment however, someone who recognizes talent will take into consideration where a particular player will be in couple of years time.

But, he has been exceptional in this tournument unfortunately used to get too nervous in PSL and in international matches.
I have no idea how he is scoring runs consistently. His technique is awful and he is the definition of a proper hack. Also, international level bowlers will eat him alive on shorter deliveries at good pace. With this technique, he will only struggle on that length.

Zeeshan is Hitting Some Big sixes .
31 in 15 balls

Zeeshan is a fine talent

Did anyone pick him for PSL?

Unfortunately not, there was so much competition among emerging players Saud Shakeel, Shaheen Shah, Hussain Talat etc. But, he is still young so might get a chance in future.

Umar Amin and Zeeshan Malik were opening the batting at one point in this tournament, but now they are at #3 and #6. :hafeez

Islu win by 13 runs, Rawalpindi could have won this had the batting order been different.

Hafeez cost the match with another useless 48 and run out of Amin(didn't watch that) but must be Hafeez's mistake.

Last edited:
Hafeez cost the match with another useless 48 and run out of Amin(didn't watch that) but must be Hafeez's mistake.

Yes hafiz cost it but Umar amin run out was his msitake and the way he got run out due to his lazy attitude,if i was the coach i would have kicked him out for the next match...hafiz as usal was batting at 50 SR.

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] now i am sure that this emerging quota is destroying and snatching from the younsters the opportunity to showcase their talent in PSL>.

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] now i am sure that this emerging quota is destroying and snatching from the younsters the opportunity to showcase their talent in PSL>.

Emerging quota is to have minimum number of young players so that they get oppurtunity, if a side wants it can select as much youngsters as they want and even in the playing xi there is no restriction to play maximum number of emerging players.

How is it destroying? Kindly ellaborate.

Do you really think Zeeshan Malik would have been selected with his domestic stats by anyteam, atleast he was in contention when he was in emerging category?

What a game - Pindi almost chased 380, but for the top 3. MoHa’s over all SR isn’t too bad but he takes lot more time to get start. 48 (44) in the context of 380 chase is like 35 (38) in a chase of 300 - that’s nothing innings & that had been his entire career in chasing. I think, apart from 85 at Dhaka & 54 at Ahmedabad, I can’t recall a single innings of note from him in chase.

I think, instead of emerging quota, PAK probably should apply senior quota in every level - maximum allowable 30+ players in a XI. It’s a shame that Saad Altaf is still opening bowling in a major domestic SF.

Back