Report: 2024 T20 World Cup & 2025 Champions Trophy Could See Change of Venues

The threat to take away the Champions Trophy and reward it to West Indies and USA was made when the PCB and the Pakistani government had still not given the nod to go to India for the World Cup.
It was basically the BCCI using its influence over media houses and running this story when nothing like this was even discussed.

ICC cannot risk India boycotting the CT so the whole tournament wouldn't take place in Pakistan. They also cannot afford the Host and DEFENDING CHAMPIONS boycotting so would give some matches to Pakistan to host.

It would be played in the hybrid model like the Asia Cup. This would give Pakistan some face saving and India wouldn't have to travel to Pakistan.

But BCCI would start by wanting to take away the whole tournament from Pakistan conveyed through a tweet before the elections in April.

So Pakistan eventually would consider getting to host some matches as a win.
I agree this might happen but then it will end up just like the Asia Cup. And that was a nightmare for PCB itself.

So PCB should make alternative arrangements as a contingency anyway. The last thing PCB would want is PAK players travelling from PAK to Lanka , losing bowlers etc. once again with money making fixtures like India-PAK not even taking place in Pakistan

I agree this might happen but then it will end up just like the Asia Cup. And that was a nightmare for PCB itself.

So PCB should make alternative arrangements as a contingency anyway. The last thing PCB would want is PAK players travelling from PAK to Lanka , losing bowlers etc. once again with money making fixtures like India-PAK not even taking place in Pakistan
India-Pakistan will take place In Dubai. CT is scheduled for February-March so weather would be fine as well

The hybrid model of the Asia Cup was a disaster for PCB with us only getting one super four match

In the CT, Pakistan, India and 2 other teams can play matches in Karachi and Dubai. With India playing all 3 in Dubai

The other group can have matches in Pindi and Lahore

With one semi-final in Lahore and the other semi-final and final in Dubai

Hopefully such a model is accepted. Which is logistically feasible as well

India-Pakistan will take place In Dubai. CT is scheduled for February-March so weather would be fine as well

The hybrid model of the Asia Cup was a disaster for PCB with us only getting one super four match

In the CT, Pakistan, India and 2 other teams can play matches in Karachi and Dubai. With India playing all 3 in Dubai

I think the Peshawar stadium arbab Niaz and the new Karachi stadium rafi will be prepared until then

Pakistanis are living in La-La land.. that CT 2025 will happen in Pakistan lol.
It will not. And if it happens.. Bharat ain't coming.

There will always be an change happening when Pakistan is going to host a tournament when India is also a part of this. I am not sure when we will see team India play in Pakistan. Not sure, many people can answer to this question.

Pakistanis are living in La-La land.. that CT 2025 will happen in Pakistan lol.
It will not. And if it happens.. Bharat ain't coming.
Then honestly India should be banned from ICC tourneys for 3 tourneys.

As an Indian by heart, I find it hypocritical of BCCI/GOI to state we will not tour Pakistan for an ICC tourney, but want Pakistan to tour India for ICC tourneys.

As much as it hurts me but my beloved Bharat's stance is wrong here and flies in the face of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam

Should’ve never been given to Pakistan anyways. Terrible state of stadiums, no touring fans would come and the pitches make for snooze fests.

Then honestly India should be banned from ICC tourneys for 3 tourneys.

As an Indian by heart, I find it hypocritical of BCCI/GOI to state we will not tour Pakistan for an ICC tourney, but want Pakistan to tour India for ICC tourneys.

As much as it hurts me but my beloved Bharat's stance is wrong here and flies in the face of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam
Pakistan is free not to. no one asked Pakistan to tour. They simply said there will be consequences if you don't honor the MPA.

India hasn't signed the MPA for CT2025. If they do and don't tour, yes there should be consequences.

no need to practice Gandhigiri.

Yeah this sounds workable. Though UAE is a horrible place to play cricket imo but at least the travelling would be alright.

There will always be an change happening when Pakistan is going to host a tournament when India is also a part of this. I am not sure when we will see team India play in Pakistan. Not sure, many people can answer to this question.
I agree, there won't be a clear answer at this point. It is absurd that the Indian team does not go and play in Pakistan. I believe they should go to the Champions Trophy in Pakistan like how Pakistan is playing the World Cup here in India.

Pakistan is free not to. no one asked Pakistan to tour. They simply said there will be consequences if you don't honor the MPA.

India hasn't signed the MPA for CT2025. If they do and don't tour, yes there should be consequences.

no need to practice Gandhigiri.
Young pup, two things....

Firstly dont tell what to practice or not, and secondly its Modigiri here who's been using the phrase as if its going out of fashion..

Secondly hide behind technicalities as much as you want, but if GOI & BCCI feel so strong about Pakistan and they could be right then they should telling TI to give a walkover this coming sat.

Now jog off...

If this happens, then Pakistan should seriously think of baycotting playing against India as a protest. Just give them points and dont play a match against them. hit them where it matters

Personally as an cricket fan I want to see indian Cricket Team Play in Pakistan .
Its not gonna happen untill unless our CIVIL government have a good relations with there government. They are now into their own league and will not adhere to whatever the people on other side wants or wish.

Bro which planet are you living in? ICC had clearly told PCB that if you dont want to come fine, we will have World Cup without you and not pay you the annual 35 million dollars.

India does generate 80 percent revenue but that's because it's a ONE SPORT COUNTRY and WORLD BEATER IN REPRODUCTION.
Cricket is only seriously played in South Asia. It's a secondary sport in England, Australia and SA.

This whole system of cricket is broken where one country can do as it wishes without being questioned and held accountable. I guess we would just have to live with it

Pakistan's reproductive rate is higher than India.

No matter how hard you try to push the propoganda, India isn't a 1 sport country.

Indians will have to accept the hybrid model for their matches in UAE. UAE will not be hot, humid for cricket during that time period Feb March and is not far from a travelling point of view from Pakistan.

All other matches will take place in Pakistan whereas all India matches will take place in UAE.

Young pup, two things....

Firstly dont tell what to practice or not, and secondly its Modigiri here who's been using the phrase as if its going out of fashion..

Secondly hide behind technicalities as much as you want, but if GOI & BCCI feel so strong about Pakistan and they could be right then they should telling TI to give a walkover this coming sat.

Now jog off...
The real world is gong to be interesting experience for you.

I agree, there won't be a clear answer at this point. It is absurd that the Indian team does not go and play in Pakistan. I believe they should go to the Champions Trophy in Pakistan like how Pakistan is playing the World Cup here in India.
India should have played Asia Cup in Pakistan as well but that didn't happen so it is also very unlikely that they would come to Pakistan for the Champions Trophy.

You think ICC will try to upset BCCI for PCB?

ICC doesn't sell India Pakistan rights separately. Its just part of the whole rights package.

Recently ICC sold its TV rights region wise. Indian territory rights accounted for nearly 90 per cent of the total sale amount. Next are England and Australia.

Pakistan's revenue contribution isn't that big. The revenue comes from India.

Without India there would be little revenue in the Asia cup.

So if Pakistan wanted to play the Asia cup without India then PCB had to make up the revenue shortfall from the pocket. If not, then host the tournament where India can play.

Same situation will arise in 2025.
You seem to believe the Pakistan economy is in trouble. You're mistaking government incompetence for general business incompetence. It's a well-known fact that most of the Pakistani economy is undocumented and most of the hard work of the past several years has been to get it documented and accountable so Pakistan can grow. Pakistan would do just fine in revenue. These conversations have happened a thousand times on these boards and the numbers have been bandied about-Pakistan's revenues have improved significantly from where they were doing 8-10 years ago. If anything, India is trying to depress the valuations by sticking their finger on the scale and trying to claim Pakistan is worth less.

Again, it's not Pakistan's responsibility to pay for India's refusal to participate. That's India's responsibility. Pay up, BCCI! PAY!

I would love an ICC competition without India participating. We anyway play till semis only.

Pakistan should go ahead and organise CT25 entirely in Pak without India. Come on PCB, take a stand for once.

You seem to believe the Pakistan economy is in trouble. You're mistaking government incompetence for general business incompetence. It's a well-known fact that most of the Pakistani economy is undocumented and most of the hard work of the past several years has been to get it documented and accountable so Pakistan can grow. Pakistan would do just fine in revenue. These conversations have happened a thousand times on these boards and the numbers have been bandied about-Pakistan's revenues have improved significantly from where they were doing 8-10 years ago. If anything, India is trying to depress the valuations by sticking their finger on the scale and trying to claim Pakistan is worth less.

Again, it's not Pakistan's responsibility to pay for India's refusal to participate. That's India's responsibility. Pay up, BCCI! PAY!

I don't seem to believe. The world says that pakistani economy is in doldrums.

Inflation is at 30 per cent.

1 USD is equal to 280 PKR

Forex reserves are in a precarious position and held up by IMF bailouts and loans and deposits of other countries.

India has done nothing. ICC sold its TV rights region wise this time. It will make around $3.2bn. Out of which $3bn is from the sale of rights of Indian territory. There is no sticking fingers anywhere.

BCCI hasn't signed the MPA with the ICC and is under no obligation to visit pakistan.

If India doesn't visit pakistan for the CT 2025, ICC will suffer huge losses. So either PCB compensates ICC for the losses or the tournament is moved to another venue so that India can participate.

I would love an ICC competition without India participating. We anyway play till semis only.

Pakistan should go ahead and organise CT25 entirely in Pak without India. Come on PCB, take a stand for once.

PCB can do it if they can get enough pakistani sponsors to offset the losses that ICC will incur in absence of the Indian team.

Can they do it?

Remember when India first hosted the WC, BCCI had to convince Reliance industries to sponsor $5mn for the cup.

It was this 5mn that forced ICC to move the WC to India.

Prudential had provided £350k for the 1983 WC.

So there was no way anyone was going to match the $5mn that BCCI brought to the table.

PCB has to pull off something similar.

I don't seem to believe. The world says that pakistani economy is in doldrums.

Inflation is at 30 per cent.

1 USD is equal to 280 PKR

Forex reserves are in a precarious position and held up by IMF bailouts and loans and deposits of other countries.

India has done nothing. ICC sold its TV rights region wise this time. It will make around $3.2bn. Out of which $3bn is from the sale of rights of Indian territory. There is no sticking fingers anywhere.

BCCI hasn't signed the MPA with the ICC and is under no obligation to visit pakistan.

If India doesn't visit pakistan for the CT 2025, ICC will suffer huge losses. So either PCB compensates ICC for the losses or the tournament is moved to another venue so that India can participate.
PCB is under no obligation to compensate ICC for losses. India refusing to play makes them liable for the losses. If ICC is selling the rights as you have stated, then it is their fault if they tried to sell the rights to the 2025 Champions Trophy to broadcasters assuring them of Indian participation. In that case, India must compensate ICC for their refusal to participate in an ICC tournament. Others in this thread have claimed Pakistan must pay ICC if they refuse to participate in the World Cup. If that is the case, then India must also pay ICC. Precedence matters in business law.

Pakistan will improve. As I pointed out, there is a great deal of hidden wealth in Pakistan. It is simply a matter of accessing it and utilizing it properly. I am no fan of the current government, but they managed to come to an agreement with the IMF despite the morons in charge. That indicates to me that the IMF has achieved its goals in terms of accountability of political leadership.

Do not attempt to assume that India is somehow invulnerable despite their money. The current joke of a World Cup is either intentional or gross incompetence. Jay Shah's defensive reaction to Ramiz Raja's threat showed Pakistan's bargaining power. he's very lucky Raja got booted out.

PCB is under no obligation to compensate ICC for losses. India refusing to play makes them liable for the losses. If ICC is selling the rights as you have stated, then it is their fault if they tried to sell the rights to the 2025 Champions Trophy to broadcasters assuring them of Indian participation. In that case, India must compensate ICC for their refusal to participate in an ICC tournament. Others in this thread have claimed Pakistan must pay ICC if they refuse to participate in the World Cup. If that is the case, then India must also pay ICC. Precedence matters in business law.
That is if India signed the participation agreement specifically for CT2025. India has not. So ICC can't do anything to India.
Pakistan will improve. As I pointed out, there is a great deal of hidden wealth in Pakistan. It is simply a matter of accessing it and utilizing it properly. I am no fan of the current government, but they managed to come to an agreement with the IMF despite the morons in charge. That indicates to me that the IMF has achieved its goals in terms of accountability of political leadership.
Aren't they looking for another $11B in aid this year alone?
Do not attempt to assume that India is somehow invulnerable despite their money. The current joke of a World Cup is either intentional or gross incompetence. Jay Shah's defensive reaction to Ramiz Raja's threat showed Pakistan's bargaining power. he's very lucky Raja got booted out.
Meh. PCB chairmans change like every few months and they all talk a big talk.

ICC is also not obligated to hold a financially unviable tournament.

ICC will sell rights at the best rates because they have to give money to different boards. The boards then use this money to develop the game.

When BCCI didn't sign any agreement to participate, why will it compensate?

If BCCI participated it would receive revenue share else not. No question of any compensation.

Others said that PCB will not receive its revenue share if they don't participate. As per Rameez Raja,50 percent of PCB budget is dependent on ICC revenue share.

This story of hidden wealth has been done to death. Result is nada.

Jay Shah was never defensive. He got what he wanted.

The present WC scheduling and ticketing issues are a real concern.

bye bye 50 over cricket, with CT likely to be in T20 format Pakistan chances of winning will rise significantly.

----------------------------------------------

Champions Trophy 2025 to be played in T20 format?

DUBAI: Indian media conglomerate Disney Star has reportedly demanded the International Cricket Council (ICC) to hold the Champions Trophy 2025 in T20 format, English newspaper The Guardian reported on Friday.

With the ongoing ICC World Cup 2023 coming to its closure in a few days and three teams having thus far booked their spots in the semi-finals, there is still much to fight for the sides, placed at the bottom.

As the top seven sides at the conclusion of the group stage of the ongoing World Cup, besides hosts Pakistan, will qualify for the ICC Champions Trophy 2025.

For the unversed, the qualification scenario for the Champions Trophy 2025 was approved by the ICC Board in 2021 when the multi-national tournament was brought back.

Meanwhile, Disney Star, the media outlet that captured the broadcast rights for all ICC events in a four-year deal running from 2024 to 2027, reportedly intended for the eight-team competition to be in Twenty20 format rather than one-day international, according to The Guardian.

But the media outlet’s demand raised question marks on the qualification scenario of the Champions Trophy 2025 like how a 50-over World Cup can dictate qualification for an eight-team T20 event.

Moreover, if ICC somehow adapts a different system for picking up eight teams, such as ranking points then it would create massive confusion for the teams, who are still fighting to dodge the bottom two in the ongoing World Cup.

Moreover, the move would also pose a major threat to the already downhill ODI cricket.

The conversion of Champions Trophy 2025 into T20 format will result in oversaturation of the format as the T20 World Cups are scheduled for alternating years between 2024 and 2030, including the Twenty20 format for the 2028 Olympics.

Last edited by a moderator:
bye bye 50 over cricket, with CT likely to be in T20 format Pakistan chances of winning will rise significantly.

DUBAI: Indian media conglomerate Disney Star has reportedly demanded the International Cricket Council (ICC) to hold the Champions Trophy 2025 in T20 format, English newspaper The Guardian reported on Friday.

With the ongoing ICC World Cup 2023 coming to its closure in a few days and three teams having thus far booked their spots in the semi-finals, there is still much to fight for the sides, placed at the bottom.

As the top seven sides at the conclusion of the group stage of the ongoing World Cup, besides hosts Pakistan, will qualify for the ICC Champions Trophy 2025.

For the unversed, the qualification scenario for the Champions Trophy 2025 was approved by the ICC Board in 2021 when the multi-national tournament was brought back.

Meanwhile, Disney Star, the media outlet that captured the broadcast rights for all ICC events in a four-year deal running from 2024 to 2027, reportedly intended for the eight-team competition to be in Twenty20 format rather than one-day international, according to The Guardian.

But the media outlet’s demand raised question marks on the qualification scenario of the Champions Trophy 2025 like how a 50-over World Cup can dictate qualification for an eight-team T20 event.

Moreover, if ICC somehow adapts a different system for picking up eight teams, such as ranking points then it would create massive confusion for the teams, who are still fighting to dodge the bottom two in the ongoing World Cup.

Moreover, the move would also pose a major threat to the already downhill ODI cricket.

The conversion of Champions Trophy 2025 into T20 format will result in oversaturation of the format as the T20 World Cups are scheduled for alternating years between 2024 and 2030, including the Twenty20 format for the 2028 Olympics.

This is a good move. FWIW odi's are a dying breed. And the market craves T20. And mind you, I am from the test watching odi watching Era and am still saying this. Odis just feel too long now. Even the current wc odi games feel long. In this day and age having an 8-9 hr commitment to watch a game is not practical. T20 is the future growth formula for cricket to expand it worldwide

Champions trophy was introduced when there was no T20 WC or even the format.
Now ICC has more than enough events in T20 WC every 2 years and ODI in 4 years time.
Champions trophy is just a meaningless tournament in today's cricket world.

Champions trophy was introduced when there was no T20 WC or even the format.
Now ICC has more than enough events in T20 WC every 2 years and ODI in 4 years time.
Champions trophy is just a meaningless tournament in today's cricket world.
Exactly.
What is the point of CT T20 format when we have already T20 wc for every two years.

CT should be in ODI format.

India won't come to Pakistan and ICC can't begin a tournament without them. So it's either going to be a hybrid model, or Pakistan will lose its right.

The last ACC Asia Cup has showed BCCI and ICC that a tournament can work even if the host is Pakistan.

How fantastic is it that CT2025 T20 qualification is done through CWC2022 ODI format. Truly ICC is the greatest sports body.

CT should happen Pakistan, if Indian cry babies don't want to come then no worries. Just play with out them.

India can host their own tournament with India A, b, c, d, e, f, g and h. So that their arrogant fans aren't crying or going into hiding at end of it

CT should happen, and in odi format. The only thing giving Odis some meaning before the next World Cup which is 4 years away. Give players something to work towards, otherwise will see even less odis until 2027, and will just kill the odi format.

I’d rather just get rid of both tournaments. Let’s go back to one T20 WC every 4 years and one ODI WC every 4 years.

There’s too many tournaments now, it’s diluting the value of the tournaments. If you want, somehow tie in the Champion’s Trophy into an ODI league where the Champion’s Trophy goes into immediate knockout rounds based on the rankings of the ODI league.

If the ICC takes the host rights from Pakistan for the Champions Trophy 2025, what should PCB do?

I’d rather just get rid of both tournaments. Let’s go back to one T20 WC every 4 years and one ODI WC every 4 years.

There’s too many tournaments now, it’s diluting the value of the tournaments. If you want, somehow tie in the Champion’s Trophy into an ODI league where the Champion’s Trophy goes into immediate knockout rounds based on the rankings of the ODI league.
I agree with this, they should make the next CT Trophy the last one (as I don't believe the one after has been scheduled yet)

Then follow the football model of a major tournament every 2 years

I agree with this, they should make the next CT Trophy the last one (as I don't believe the one after has been scheduled yet)

Then follow the football model of a major tournament every 2 years
2029 is also scheduled to take place in India

If the ICC takes the host rights from Pakistan for the Champions Trophy 2025, what should PCB do?
If India's stance is still as clear as we know of no touring of Pakistan. Than even ICC has little choice. They get majority of their revenue directly or indirectly from India.

An ICC Tournament without India will take a hampering on the revenue. ICC will be reluctant to that hit.

Moreover a solution that is possible is having a sort of hybrid tournament. We saw this happen in the Asia Cup, so everyone knows it is possible and more feasible than a flagship tournament without India.

If India's stance is still as clear as we know of no touring of Pakistan. Than even ICC has little choice. They get majority of their revenue directly or indirectly from India.

An ICC Tournament without India will take a hampering on the revenue. ICC will be reluctant to that hit.

Moreover a solution that is possible is having a sort of hybrid tournament. We saw this happen in the Asia Cup, so everyone knows it is possible and more feasible than a flagship tournament without India.

I think PCB will agree upon a hybrid form.

Has that been confirmed or loosely in the planning?

They should then scrap it after that or just scrap it now and have a T20 WC every 4 years with a ODI WC every 4 years
It's already been announced
Till 2031, we would have an ICC event every year

See ICC needs revenue to promote the game in associate countries. So they schedule an event every year to earn more money

True that it dilutes the fun and excitement of a World event, but this is how the world works and we would need to accept it

Hybrid model with India playing in UAE and their group teams playing matches in Karachi (it's a short flight and completely manageable )

Pakistan's group matches and one semifinal in Lahore/Pindi

Other semi and Final in Dubai

CT should only be held in Pakistan. India can choose to not participate. Thats their and ICC’s problem. I would love to have England playing in Pakistan if India doesnt want to come. No worries there!

Hybrid model with India playing in UAE and their group teams playing matches in Karachi (it's a short flight and completely manageable )

This sad, and defeatist mentality will ensure you never get an ICC tournament final in Pakistan ever. Lack of self respect is becoming a national epidemic it seems like.

It's already been announced
Till 2031, we would have an ICC event every year

See ICC needs revenue to promote the game in associate countries. So they schedule an event every year to earn more money

True that it dilutes the fun and excitement of a World event, but this is how the world works and we would need to accept it
ICC is an incompetent governing body. Which associate have they propped up in recent years or how have they managed to successfully promote the game in any country?

This sad, and defeatist mentality will ensure you never get an ICC tournament final in Pakistan ever. Lack of self respect is becoming a national epidemic it seems like.
Ok bro live in your lala land in which ICC will organize CT without India.

Pakistan and India will be in the same group
But yes, this works perfectly

Pakistan, India and 2 other teams play matches in Karachi and Dubai
The other group plays matches in Lahore and Pindi

And Pakistan's semi-final if we qualify in Lahore

ICC is an incompetent governing body. Which associate have they propped up in recent years or how have they managed to successfully promote the game in any country?
Icc earns 600 million dollars every year from the annual ICC event

Keeps only 11% to itself which is around 65 million dollars

The rest is distributed among full members with India taking around 40% of the total

How is the game supposed to grow in 96 associate countries with only 65 million dollars??

That's like 700,000 dollars to each associate country every year

Easy to blame the ICC for everything but they are doing the best they can
India is continuously making demands to increase its share to more than 40% which they are resisting

Is Pakistan ready for such a global event like Champions Trophy hosting a proper Asia Cup would had helped PCB to iron out flaws but unfortunately it did not went that way.

Reports coming out that Lahore Multan and Karachi the venues for CT, its a tournament having 8 teams in 2 group so the question arises are three venues enough, highly doubtful.

PCB should work on it and have atleast 4 venues ready for CT, 2 each for 1 group Rawalpindi should be added.

A proud moment for PCB should be if they had developed the Abottabad stadium like Dharamshala, but PCB being PCB still living in 1950s

Similarly the hyderabad stadium should have renovated and upgraded but PCB does not have this on priority list

This will look embarrassing if PAK don't even make semis in their own CT. Better to make excuses now itself just in case.
Unlike the billion deluded Indian fans that they are, I have a sense of reality.

Also I don't ever use excuses. I knew Pakistan would fail in this world cup. That's why I said before it started that Pakistan should have been refused visas to save themselves from another poor showing.

India on other hand, whole nation was doing bhangra and letting off fireworks before the final had even started like it was a forgone conclusion.

10 years of bottling it in ICC tourneys and not a single one of you sore losers can actually be honest and come up with a valid reason why you keep losing like this.

Only excuses are from Indian fans.

Unlike the billion deluded Indian fans that they are, I have a sense of reality.

Also I don't ever use excuses. I knew Pakistan would fail in this world cup. That's why I said before it started that Pakistan should have been refused visas to save themselves from another poor showing.

India on other hand, whole nation was doing bhangra and letting off fireworks before the final had even started like it was a forgone conclusion.

10 years of bottling it in ICC tourneys and not a single one of you sore losers can actually be honest and come up with a valid reason why you keep losing like this.

Lol from entire last home session Pakistan couldn't even win single test matches. This was most embarassing moments for a test playing nation when considering Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and westindies won test at home

Lol from entire last home session Pakistan couldn't even win single test matches. This was most embarassing moments for a test playing nation when considering Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and westindies won test at home
100% it was an embarrassment, no one is denying that. Between the 4 cowards babar, rameez, mo wasim and saqi Pakistan messed up on paper a favourable set of fixtures in a world test cycle.

You see the difference I can be honest and I'm critical where needs be.

Icc earns 600 million dollars every year from the annual ICC event

Keeps only 11% to itself which is around 65 million dollars

The rest is distributed among full members with India taking around 40% of the total

How is the game supposed to grow in 96 associate countries with only 65 million dollars??

That's like 700,000 dollars to each associate country every year

Easy to blame the ICC for everything but they are doing the best they can
India is continuously making demands to increase its share to more than 40% which they are resisting

Is Pakistan ready for such a global event like Champions Trophy hosting a proper Asia Cup would had helped PCB to iron out flaws but unfortunately it did not went that way.

Reports coming out that Lahore Multan and Karachi the venues for CT, its a tournament having 8 teams in 2 group so the question arises are three venues enough, highly doubtful.

PCB should work on it and have atleast 4 venues ready for CT, 2 each for 1 group Rawalpindi should be added.

A proud moment for PCB should be if they had developed the Abottabad stadium like Dharamshala, but PCB being PCB still living in 1950s

Similarly the hyderabad stadium should have renovated and upgraded but PCB does not have this on priority list
oh bhai jan, at least do some research - CT 2017 was organized only in three venues with two covering most of the tournie.

Buddy you were downplaying India when we lost 1 Test match to England at home and claimed PAK would never lose a series to England. This was right after we won a series in Australia. Since then, Pakistan have not a single Test at home.

Sore losers who actually manage to reach finals of a World Cup? Bit rich coming from fans of a team that got smashed by Afghanistan :rabada2 and had got smashed in consecutive World T20's despite all the hype about PAK being a great T20 side.

Let's not even talk about longer formats where #1 team with #1 batter and #1 bowling attack got shown their auqaat in Asia Cup and in World Cup .

And, of course, Test matches where you are about to get smashed 3-0 to a complete a perfect 0-18 record in the Southern Hemisphere in the last decade :rabada2

Buddy you were downplaying India when we lost 1 Test match to England at home and claimed PAK would never lose a series to England. This was right after we won a series in Australia. Since then, Pakistan have not a single Test at home.

Sore losers who actually manage to reach finals of a World Cup? Bit rich coming from fans of a team that got smashed by Afghanistan :rabada2 and had got smashed in consecutive World T20's despite all the hype about PAK being a great T20 side.

Let's not even talk about longer formats where #1 team with #1 batter and #1 bowling attack got shown their auqaat in Asia Cup and in World Cup .

And, of course, Test matches where you are about to get smashed 3-0 to a complete a perfect 0-18 record in the Southern Hemisphere in the last decade :rabada2
🤣🤣🤣 Once again diversion tactics, we are talking about India bottling it here. Your defence is to bring up Pakistan.

The fact not a single Indian can disect their own failures and have to bring up other team Says it all.

🤣🤣🤣 Once again diversion tactics, we are talking about India bottling it here. Your defence is to bring up Pakistan.

The fact not a single Indian can disect their own failures and have to bring up other team Says it all.

There are definitely reasons for failures in our setup but there's no point explaining that because the likes of you are not interested in that anyway. Just want to troll :rabada2

CT should only be held in Pakistan. India can choose to not participate. Thats their and ICC’s problem. I would love to have England playing in Pakistan if India doesnt want to come. No worries there!
It's ICC's problem actually. They get almost all their revenue through tournaments like these. Without India in it, it will take a massive hit and subsequently the revenue pie that ICC shares with other teams will also get hit.

It's ICC's problem actually. They get almost all their revenue through tournaments like these. Without India in it, it will take a massive hit and subsequently the revenue pie that ICC shares with other teams will also get hit.
ICC should look at their mission statement: promoting the game, i think an ICC tournament in Pakistan will serve massively in promoting the game. Sometimes money should be let go for bigger gains.

Pakistan really needs a tournament and is capable enough of holding one in the country. Crowd support will be huge so ICC should not be think about moving the tournament out of Pakistan.

I want india team to Play in Pakistan and beat Pakistan team at Lahore/ Karachi infont of 30k Pakistani fans.:afridi

I want india team to Play in Pakistan and beat Pakistan team at Lahore/ Karachi infont of 30k Pakistani fans.:afridi
Sure why not? I hope all of the Indian fans want India to come for the champions trophy in Pakistan.

Pakistan is not fit to host an ICC tournament at the moment and also, the Champions Trophy is a completely irrelevant tournament that has no purpose and no context.

Changing the format from 50 overs to 20 overs won’t make a difference because the main issue with this tournament is that winning it doesn’t make champions of the format.

My suggestion would be to scrap the 2025 Champions Trophy altogether and give a World Cup hosting rights to Pakistan at some point in the future provided that India is willing to tour Pakistan.

Pakistani fans are desperate to host the Champions Trophy but they don’t realize that it will be a source of embarrassment for them.

They will be forced to play India in UAE and if Pakistan and India were to face each other in a semifinal or final, the Pakistani crowd would be deprived of watching that match in a Pakistani stadium.

It is time to swallow your pride and accept the reality that Pakistan cannot host a tournament unless and until India is willing to play in Pakistan.

The Asia Cup was a bit of an embarrassing farce which was only compounded when India dragged Pakistan all the way to Sri Lanka to hand them a record-breaking thrashing.

Nah that’s stupid. Champions Trophy should remain an ODI format.

Reduce meaningless JAMODI series throughout the year and keep ODI WC and CT as they are, these two tournaments are what make ODIs significant.

The last 2 Champions Trophy tournaments were memorable.

Way more memorable than the all the random ODI series between 2013-2017. Yes we all would love to see the 900th ODI series between India and Australia… followed by Pakistan Vs NZ C or Afghanistan… :facepalm:

Keep both tournaments. T20 WC is already every 2 years. Now they want a t20 WC followed up by another stupid t20 tournament?

T20 is the worst format to gatekeep associate sides out of, as that is the format where they can land a win on the big boys because of the unpredictable nature…

ODIs and tests are the only 2 formats where being top 5-6 sides should be a big deal. Which is the whole gimmick of CT.

This is CT not ODI WC. Show some respect to the defending Champions of The Trophy. :moyo

Nah that’s stupid. Champions Trophy should remain an ODI format.

Reduce meaningless JAMODI series throughout the year and keep ODI WC and CT as they are, these two tournaments are what make ODIs significant.

The last 2 Champions Trophy tournaments were memorable.

Way more memorable than the all the random ODI series between 2013-2017. Yes we all would love to see the 900th ODI series between India and Australia… followed by Pakistan Vs NZ C or Afghanistan… :facepalm:

Keep both tournaments. T20 WC is already every 2 years. Now they want a t20 WC followed up by another stupid t20 tournament?

T20 is the worst format to gatekeep associate sides out of, as that is the format where they can land a win on the big boys because of the unpredictable nature…

ODIs and tests are the only 2 formats where being top 5-6 sides should be a big deal. Which is the whole gimmick of CT.
After inclusion of WTC final there is no need of champions trophy .
We have odi World Cup
We have WTC final ( need to change the rules and make sure best of 3 finals happen)
We have T20 world cup . T20 world cup should held after every four years like ODI world cup.

This is CT not ODI WC. Show some respect to the defending Champions of The Trophy. :moyo
England was also defending champion before world cup but how pathetic their performance was in World Cup ,this show how much respect they deserved. Same for Pakistan :kp

After inclusion of WTC final there is no need of champions trophy .
We have odi World Cup
We have WTC final ( need to change the rules and make sure best of 3 finals happen)
We have T20 world cup . T20 world cup should held after every four years like ODI world cup.
Deleting Champions Trophy entirely is better than making it t20.

If they get rid of it, hopefully there’s no CT 2025.

Pakistan being the final Champions of The Trophy has an epic ring to it :afridi who knows which year / decade we win a trophy in again.

England was also defending champion before world cup but how pathetic their performance was in World Cup ,this show how much respect they deserved. Same for Pakistan :kp
Doesn’t matter, they deserved respect while they were champions.

You will respect the king until there is a a new king.

Respect King Shan and the conglomerate. :inti

Deleting Champions Trophy entirely is better than making it t20.

If they get rid of it, hopefully there’s no CT 2025.

Pakistan being the final Champions of The Trophy has an epic ring to it :afridi who knows which year / decade we win a trophy in again.
Are there talk about making champion trophy in T20 formats?
There is no point of any more T20 tournament .I'm really bored of T20 formats .for me test cricket is always pinnacle of cricket .

Doesn’t matter, they deserved respect while they were champions.

You will respect the king until there is a a new king.

Respect King Shan and the conglomerate. :inti
Respect is earned by performing continuously. If India not won 2nd test series in Australia then everyone would have say it was Fluke becouse Warner and Smith were not playing but now no one say those were Fluke as we repeated back to back .
I'm not saying England or Pakistan won by Fluke but they have to Play same brand of cricket after becoming champion .

Back