Report: 2024 T20 World Cup & 2025 Champions Trophy Could See Change of Venues

ICC should look at their mission statement: promoting the game, i think an ICC tournament in Pakistan will serve massively in promoting the game. Sometimes money should be let go for bigger gains.
That's their test now.

Why PCB is looking for compensation?
If India doesn't want to come, host the tournament in Pak without India.

Hosting Indian matches in Dubai isn't a bad deal for PCB. They will get full stadiums with Indian crowd and can charge higher for tickets and earn a lot.
I doubt anyone in Pakistan will be interested in watching India vs Bangladesh ODI match.

ICC should look at their mission statement: promoting the game, i think an ICC tournament in Pakistan will serve massively in promoting the game. Sometimes money should be let go for bigger gains.
In theory yes.

In practicality not a chance.

ICC signed off the health of cricket in exchange for money a long time ago. If they really cared they would never have let the BCCI change the foundation of cricket the way it did.

But because India ensures the right people get some kickbacks too it’s been allowed to happen.

We’re looking at the relative death of test cricket already and ODI’s will join them soon. But ICC execs made good money out of it so it’s fine I guess.

Back