[REPORT] Gary Kirsten unhappy with Pakistan players after the ICC T20 World Cup fiasco

Wasn't Kirsten coaching via Whatsapp at one point? If you can't put in the actual work, not sure you deserve much respect.

I've noticed one thing with Pakistani fans - there is no country's fans who are more willing to side with a coach, especially if it's a foreign one, over their own players. I don't know if this has historical roots in player factionalism that has plagued the PCT or a general distrust of the intentions of the players.

Gary would be cursing himself that why he opted to coach this pathetic bunch of people whose main focus is to make lives hell for each other using political influences or social media. Groupings etc were always there but in the end, the teams in the past end up playing focused cricket.

This current lot is not playing for country, they are playing for themselves.

Wasn't Kirsten coaching via Whatsapp at one point? If you can't put in the actual work, not sure you deserve much respect.

I've noticed one thing with Pakistani fans - there is no country's fans who are more willing to side with a coach, especially if it's a foreign one, over their own players. I don't know if this has historical roots in player factionalism that has plagued the PCT or a general distrust of the intentions of the players.
Yes, he was coaching on WhatsApp while sitting in the GT - IPL dugout.

Sorry but if you haven't noticed, our players have left no stone unturned to humiliate us in the international arena, losing to minnows has now become a norm..

They deserve all this bashing..

Gary Kirsten joined the team on the England tour, did you expect any miracles from him in 2 weeks?

Us fans can only hope that he has the guts to fix this team, all of us know that no Pakistani has the guts to fix this mess..

Lol. These Pakistan former cricketers are a big part of the problem. Most of these names have had their chance to work with the team and made the situation worse. Why would the outcome be any different this time?

I would go the opposite way. PCB should cricket a vision for the team and then find the best person who can provide the roadmap to accomplish the vision. If it means hiring, an ex-cricketer then hire that person. Don’t start collecting inputs from everyone. They will just muddle up with conflicting opinions, suggestions and worse, go to some channel to air their grievances if their inputs are not implemented. Mr chairman needs to let everyone know who is the boss and find the person who can make it happen for him.

Otherwise the history will repeat itself.

With no international cricket for Pakistan now Gary should improve his homework on Pakistan players

Nobody is happy with his team because they made a mess of this whole situation. It is clear that groups are there so I hope Gary has a plan for this team. This team needs a 360 degree change.

Former Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Wasim during in an interview with a local sports platform:

“I will not take names, but four coaches said that a group of players is cancer to the team. If they are part of the squad, Pakistan can’t win. I tried to remove them from the team, but the team management recalled them.”

Former Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Wasim during in an interview with a local sports platform:

“I will not take names, but four coaches said that a group of players is cancer to the team. If they are part of the squad, Pakistan can’t win. I tried to remove them from the team, but the team management recalled them.”
Babar, Shadab and?

There is no point in discussing this unless you name names. Who are these cancerous people? Does anyone have any insights?

Back