Run feast expected - W.I v india (1st test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nostril Man has gone for 83 runs from 13 overs!

FANTASTIC! :)))

I do not have access to a TV anymore.

What the hell is this idiot babbling on about?......

59 b6 1 glie it to the fine leg for a single

From the ball by ball commentary on www.the-cricket-site.com

perhaps...but what could that possibly be a typo for?

gloves? How can you get glie from gloves?

Is this the revival of Windies Cricket?

It will depend if they can bowl out ndians under 200 in the second innings...

Chanderpaul gone

63 b2 0
Chanderpaul c Dhoni b Sehwag (25 runs, 80 balls, 3x4, 0x6)

He seemed to be struggling a bit there. We need to try and get another 100 runs....if Bravo bats the innings we could get even more.

Bravo wacks Kumble for three 4s in one over.

West Indies now 275 for 5 (34 ahead).

Bravo not out 67
Ramdin not out 2

West Indies 318/6 @ close day 2

lead 77

ramdin 22* bradshaw 15*

Hash said:
perhaps...but what could that possibly be a typo for?

gloves? How can you get glie from gloves?

glide......he simply missed the d.

if WI team has actually improved,we will only know wen they play some other team....but frankly even in the ODI's they din do anything spectacular ,infact I thot both teams played badly....Only Bravo to me is the real positive to come out of this tour!

Sarwan has been pretty good as well

did u guys see that srisanth delivery, that he bowled from boundary line almost....
i am sure that delivery will enjoy a legendry status in the history of cricket.....
what aggression he showed...kamal hi.....
all day he went for more then 7/over in test match and yet the final ball he bowled, aggresssion again.....it is a pity that he could not make it any faster then 130 km/h.......times tested speed barrier for indian fast bowlers.....but atleast he tried....

[Edit by Mods: A little more deeper analysis - perhaps ? ]

Last edited by a moderator:
jusarrived said:
if WI team has actually improved,we will only know wen they play some other team....but frankly even in the ODI's they din do anything spectacular ,infact I thot both teams played badly....Only Bravo to me is the real positive to come out of this tour!

What the hell you talking about? WI outclassed INDIA in just about every department it aint funnyyyyyy..... So much for Dravid the matchwinner and his stupid tactics :19:

jusarrived said:

If WI didnt do anything spectacular then India were downright poor and pathetic in the series.

Und India take new ball ....

The Result ?

83.4 Sreesanth to Bradshaw, FOUR!!, beautifully cut away, gets across and neatly chops it to deep backward point

and it continues:

84.3 Patel to Ramdin, FOUR!!, genuine edge, in the corridor and kisses the outside edge but it runs wide of slips and onto the third man fence

MenInGreen said:
Und India take new ball ....

The Result ?

83.4 Sreesanth to Bradshaw, FOUR!!, beautifully cut away, gets across and neatly chops it to deep backward point

That would be And with an A... :26:

btw, 86 run lead - not enough to bother India - Sehwag can knock it off in a few overs - once the lead goes above 200 , then India have a big big battle on their hands.

AND the punishment continues:

85.5 Sreesanth to Bradshaw, FOUR!!, overpitched, Bradshaw seizes the opportunity, gets forward and elegantly drives it to deep extra cover

And India strike back...

Patel to Ramdin, out Caught by Patel!! good length, just outside off and draws Ramdin forward as he looks to defend it, the away movement does the rest, thin edge and Dhoni takes a low catch! D Ramdin c M Patel b M Patel 26(68) 4s-3 6s-0

Lead = 90, WI = 331/7

Normally, a mixture of Sehwag and Dravid could knock that off in no time but given whats happened in this match so far, WI would be odds on favs - However, right now, they will struggle to get to that lead....

The lead upto 110 now:

89.2 VRV Singh to Bradshaw, FOUR!!, outside off and Bradshaw drives, down to third man
89.2 VRV Singh to Bradshaw, no ball, leg byes, FOUR!!, off the thigh pads and this time it eludes Dhoni

88.5 Patel to Dave Mohammed, FOUR!!, gets forward and slams it to deep extra cover. The lead has now crossed 100

89.2 Singh to Bradshaw, FOUR, four more! good length delivery outside the off stump, nothing special there, just a slanting delivery, Bradshaw drives off the front-foot, ball kisses the outside edge and rolls away through the gap between slip and gully
89.2 Singh to Bradshaw, 5 no balls, short of a good length delivery, drifting down the leg side, Bradshaw stands his gound and has a whip at it but he fails to make contact, ball clips the thigh pad and races away past the diving keeper, it's a no-ball aswell, five runs added to the total!

Bradshaw goes - WI lead by 118 ( 2 wickets in hand )

Any more runs from now are a bonus but 118 lead is always a very healthy one.

West Indies are well and trully on top of this match.

WI and SL both showing up potentially stronger teams but both have let go of good advantages - if you consider that India have a newbie bowling attack, I would have expected Lara and others to have done better than current position.

MenInGreen said:
WI and SL both showing up potentially stronger teams but both have let go of good advantages - if you consider that India have a newbie bowling attack, I would have expected Lara and others to have done better than current position.

I agree Miggy, WI still in the drivers seat although they were capable of atleast 50 more runs :11: ..

Sehwag means business, already hit a maximum and going at better than a run a ball.

2.6 Edwards to Sehwag, SIX, OMG! amazing slash over point for a six! It was short and outside the off stump, about chest high, or maybe a shade lower, and Sehwag threw his bat at it, and it screamed fast and flat over backward point!

didn't know Cav worked for Cricinfo

V Sehwag (rhb) 15 18 2 1 83.33 striker
W Jaffer (rhb) 11 22 2 0 50.00 non-striker

Batsmen R B 4s 6s SR
W Jaffer (rhb) 25 41 4 0 60.97 striker
V Sehwag (rhb) 37 42 6 1 88.09 non-striker

Bowlers O M R W Econ
IDR Bradshaw (lfm) 4.4 0 33 0 7.07 (1nb, 0w)
CD Collymore (rfm) 3.0 0 14 0 4.66 (0nb, 0w)

60 runs behind, all 10 wickets left. Match is finely poised!

16.6 Collymore to Sehwag, no run, short delivery pitched close to the off stump line, Sehwag leans back and cuts hard but once again he fails to get it past the fielder at gully
16.5 Collymore to Sehwag, no run, defended outside the off stump
16.4 Collymore to Sehwag, no run, width offered outside the off stump and Sehwag cuts late, a good looking and extremely well timed shot but the placement was poor, ball went straight to the fielder at gully
16.4 Collymore to Sehwag, no run, width offered outside the off stump and Sehwag cuts late, a good looking and extremely well timed shot but the placement was poor, ball went straight to the fielder at gully

That is a very important wicket for the Windies. Sehwag could have taken the game away from them in a flash.

mixture of west indian flair and sri lankan curry, are ya today Hash?

Damn you Sehwag! One of my fave players to watch. Now Dravid will begin playing his usual slow knock and take the pressure off the Windies bowlers again.

Tupac said:
mixture of west indian flair and sri lankan curry, are ya today Hash?

Sri Lankan curry? Nah.......don't particularly like South Indian/Sri Lankan food.

But yes....I am West Indian and Sri Lankan while these two games go on.

Oh, so Laxman's out there. Ooops, I'd forgotten he had even been recalled. No doubt if he gets his big hundred every 10 innings he will become the bestest player ever again.

18 runs behind with 9 wikts n hand...game is pretty even now,considering WI has to bat last !

lax-16
Jaffar-51

Jaffer seems to be rather suspect against Edwards bowling, though i think he has good measure of Bradshaw and Correy now. I think its a blessing that Edwards is out with an injury. Any update on his status? Is he going to return? coz if he does not, there is a good chance India would escape with a draw, infact i wont rule out an Indian victory in the absence of Edwards.

akram_rejuvinated said:
Jaffer seems to be rather suspect against Edwards bowling, though i think he has good measure of Bradshaw and Correy now. I think its a blessing that Edwards is out with an injury. Any update on his status? Is he going to return? coz if he does not, there is a good chance India would escape with a draw, infact i wont rule out an Indian victory in the absence of Edwards.

we will see a result for sure..WI batsmen are not capable of playing out a draw!

true, save for chanderpaul, all the other batsmen are too attacking to actually attempt saving a match... but that is still much longer down the line. india still needs to accumulate runs like enron executives accumulated wealth :)))

back to vlsi...

stupid punk! at least we could have kept a scoring rate in excess of 3.5 an over as long as laxman and jaffer were around. now dravid is gonna play well but he will not be easing the throttle as much. observe that both india and west indies lasted a comparable number of overs (west indies played only 6 more than india) but it was their higher scoring rate that hoisted heir total. thats a trick india is missing every now and then. with sehwag's dimissal, according ot the last statistical study, indian scoring rate drops to about 2.8 as opposed to a 3.8 when he is at the crease.

Rahul Dravid

What is he doing??????

R Dravid (rhb) 21 75 0 0 28.00 non-striker

He has played 75 balls... and scored 21 runs and has s strike rate of 28...... what the hell is he thinking....

He is trying to confirm a draw!!!!!!!

Thats i rubbish............. I hope he soon gets out..!!!

Have to say he is a boring player...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most consistent boring player ever>!

Noman said:
What is he doing??????

R Dravid (rhb) 21 75 0 0 28.00 non-striker

He has played 75 balls... and scored 21 runs and has s strike rate of 28...... what the hell is he thinking....

He is trying to confirm a draw!!!!!!!

Thats i rubbish............. I hope he soon gets out..!!!

Have to say he is a boring player...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most consistent boring player ever>!

ITS A TEST MATCH!

go watch a one day dude... i think he is playing himself in, and at best, his strike rate will probably approach 40, never higher. All i am concerned is that maybe this over cautious approach is costing us runs that are there to be made (i.e. maybe a little risk can be afforded as the pitch is becoming progressively insipid).

btw... he averages the third highest amongst all contemporary batsmen and i will accept that over a better strike rate any day.

That was a good hundred by Jaffer.

Let's hope the Windies get some early wickets today.

India 241 & 264/2 v West Indies 371

India lead by 134 runs...

intresting game at moment.

If India bat out the day, they will be an in impregnable position by day 5 - WI have to get their thinking caps on - now is the REAL test.

Intresting to see how many runs india think are enough? I think india will declare just before close of play so that they can have a short period at the west indies.

Should be a cracking last two days.

Highest total chased in test here is 418 by west indies v australia a few years ago.

yes, no total declared is safe here (or so it seems).

India will need at least 500 to feel safe.

India 305/2

India lead by 175 runs....

dravid batting for a draw with snail like batting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back