Run feast expected - W.I v india (1st test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dravid sending everyone to sleep with his continual block. block, block on a dead wicket.

Code:
India: 241, 308/2 (96.0 Ovs)
W Jaffer 	172(326)
R Dravid* 	50(141)

Great double hundred by Jaffer. Well done.

As I type, Dravid dismissed!

Dave Mohammed to Dravid, out Caught by Bradshaw!! finally Dave Mohammed breaks the partnership, Dravid goes for the sweep shot, the ball bounces just a bit more than he expected, a bit of a top edge and Bradshaw at deep square leg takes a well judged catch R Dravid c I Bradshaw b D Mohammed 62(177) 4s-2 6s-0

That's the 4th double ton by an Indian on Caribbean soil following on from Sidhu, Sardesai and Gavaskar

236* by Gavaskar in Chennai is the highest score by an Indian against the Windies.

220 (again Gavaskar) is the highest score by an Indian IN the Windies so those are the scores to beat for Jaffer.

gr8 effort from jaffer,india is a different team wen its openers contribute..jaffer has done more than any one had expected out of him...but he is well known in domestic cricket for getting big scores...think even last season he got 2 triple centuries!

Never knew sidhu had a double hundred n WI.

Well done Jaffer. Looked a decent player against us, certainly seems a better option as opener than Gambhir, Uthappa or Dravid.

Of the above, 1 is crap, 1 is inexperienced, 1 is a lot better at no.3 or 4 playing the anchor. Jaffer is the man to open with Veru!

What happened to Waseem Jaffar? Did he got stuck there or someone used crazy glue on him?

Jaffer gone for 212, bowled by Bradshaw who got one to nip back in between bat and pad.

Kaif and Yuvraj really getting a move on here.

Partnership of 10 (TEN) runs from the last 5.4 overs! Run rate of 1.76 (despite being in the lead and setting a target on a perfectly decent batting track)

Hash said:

Partnership of 10 (TEN) runs from the last 5.4 overs! Run rate of 1.76 (despite being in the lead and setting a target on a perfectly decent batting track)

its 11 from 47 deliveries now, they really are going fast :21:

Hash said:

hash bahi, couple of more quick wickets can change the game too

16 runs from the last 60 balls.

Sehsan......surely you can see this is going too far. A couple of wickets can change the game? So are they playing to win or are they playing to save the game?

This is ridiculous. I mean.........3 runs per over, 3.5, 3.25 ok fine. But these two are going at 1.6 per over!

RIDICULOUS

And definitely pours horse manure over all the rubbish that was being spouted about Bata Chappal being a more positive coach than Bob (who was it that said this? It was Imran Khan if I remember correctly?)

Hash said:
16 runs from the last 60 balls.

Sehsan......surely you can see this is going too far. A couple of wickets can change the game? So are they playing to win or are they playing to save the game?

This is ridiculous. I mean.........3 runs per over, 3.5, 3.25 ok fine. But these two are going at 1.6 per over!

RIDICULOUS

And definitely pours horse manure over all the rubbish that was being spouted about Bata Chappal being a more positive coach than Bob (who was it that said this? It was Imran Khan if I remember correctly?)

indeed it was - Bata is more positive, aggresive, goes for the kil, blahdy blah blah - well his team is doing a brilliant job of proving you wrong :))

I have said this b4 indin's are ideally looking to give a target of 360 n 90 ovrs..which will keep WI interested,n thus more chances of india winning the test match!

seriously, some of you just stick to watching ODI's!

jusarrived said:
I have said this b4 indin's are ideally looking to give a target of 360 n 90 ovrs..which will keep WI interested,n thus more chances of india winning the test match!

or we can stick to watching teams play positive test cricket :19:

jusarrived said:

and also give West Indies more than a chance of drawing the game!

Yeah mate.....you stick to watching negative cricket :19:

Geordie Ahmed said:
or we can stick to watching teams play positive test cricket :19:

Giving an impossible target isnt being positive ..its just playing safe!

Hash said:
and also give West Indies more than a chance of drawing the game!
Yeah mate.....you stick to watching negative cricket :19:

if you don take risks,you arnt going to win anything! ;-)

India will look to declare at tea on day 5 and then try and defend 600 in 30 overs on last day.

even then india will probably bowl negative lines and have 9 men on the boundary.

Last edited:
jusarrived said:
if you don take risks,you arnt going to win anything! ;-)

so why not take some risks now.....get a decent lead and declare with 5 or 6 overs to go in the day? You have plenty of wickets in hand so why not?

:20:

So what was that you were saying about risks? :)))

Hash said:
so why not take some risks now.....get a decent lead and declare with 5 or 6 overs to go in the day? You have plenty of wickets in hand so why not?

:20:

So what was that you were saying about risks? :)))

we are talkin about indian runrate ,arnt we?

still 23 ovrs left in the day,they cud still declare with 5 ovrs to spare n a target of 360..so why do they need to accelerate?

jusarrived said:
we are talkin about indian runrate ,arnt we?

still 23 ovrs left in the day,they cud still declare with 5 ovrs to spare n a target of 360..so why do they need to accelerate?

uhh...the more runs you have, the more pressure it creates, moreso cuz i can't exactly see india losing at this point when we are near 300

Yuvraj gone

Why would you want to accelerate with 5 overs to go? You are saying India should declare overnight? Just give the West Indians time to think things through a bit, give their batsman some time to recover from any tiredness that might be creeping in now?

A positive team would be motoring along now and would have set WI 400 odd with 10 overs to go today. Face it.....India is playing very negative cricket at the moment. A fool would be able to see that and I have seen from your previous posts here that you are not a fool so stop blindly defending everything India does.

Hash said:
Yuvraj gone

Why would you want to accelerate with 5 overs to go? You are saying India should declare overnight? Just give the West Indians time to think things through a bit, give their batsman some time to recover from any tiredness that might be creeping in now?

A positive team would be motoring along now and would have set WI 400 odd with 10 overs to go today. Face it.....India is playing very negative cricket at the moment. A fool would be able to see that and I have seen from your previous posts here that you are not a fool so stop blindly defending everything India does.

whassup? 3 boundaries in the over

Hash said:
Yuvraj gone

its a flat pitch,n playing out a draw wudnt be vry difficult..the only thing indians have done is given a smaller target than wat they cud have given ...a target of 425 n 90+ ovrs wudnt interest the WI's...India can win only if they make the WIs batsmen play shots...you will see wat am saying tomorrow

jusarrived said:
Accordin to cricinfo Bradshaw bowled 25 ovrs at a stretch,is that true? :O

yeah and indian batsmen made him look wasim akram.

Tupac said:
whassup? 3 boundaries in the over

didn't need to be like that if they had got some more earlier! They are doing now what they should have been doing for hours!

Hash said:
didn't need to be like that if they had got some more earlier! They are doing now what they should have been doing for hours!

they prolly wanted to ensure that they batted the windies out of the game before attempting anything expansive....but yuvi and kaifi did play a bizarre game, only when dhoni has come in now there has been some impetous

:91: Typical of the Indians to come out on this board when India are supposedly upping the run rate and hitting fours....

I haven't understood the strategy of the Indians today.

They should have been more agressive in their strokeplay a lot earlier.

The longer India bat, the more likely the game will be a draw.

zushy_786 said:
:91: Typical of the Indians to come out on this board when India are supposedly upping the run rate and hitting fours....

Tupac and co must have been asleep whilst dravid was in. :21:

Dhoni going after the spinners,

2 sixes in a row.

India 477/5

Dhoni launches another 2 monster sixes.

hes hit 6 now.

zushy_786 said:

They are on cricinfo as well. Site is busy as hell!

six more, third in a row.

over thus far 1,6,6,6

Dhoni hits ball could be a 4th six but fielder catches ball, dispute now wether fielder was touching rope.

Last edited:
Dhoni thinks he is Afridi?

He couldn't hit four in a row because he is just not beastly enough

Hash said:
Dhoni thinks he is Afridi?

He couldn't hit four in a row because he is just not beastly enough

:))) :))) :)))
yeah afridi is the biggest beast of them all... now go play with your afridi action figure.

Huge dispute over the catch, ganga says he caught it dhoni doesnt take his word. Tv replays are inconclusive and umpires lose plot.

Lara getting ****** off with umpires. what a farce 20 mins wasted. India now declare and finally umpires say dhoni is out after he accepts decision.

why didnt dhoni do this in 1st place?

west indies need 392 to win off 95 overs.

Amjid Javed said:
Huge dispute over the catch, ganga says he caught it dhoni doesnt take his word. Tv replays are inconclusive and umpires lose plot.

Lara getting ****** off with umpires. what a farce 20 mins wasted. India now declare and finally umpires say dhoni is out after he accepts decision.

why didnt dhoni do this in 1st place?

west indies need 392 to win off 95 overs.

Is this really happening in a first class match? India will have a big excuse if they loose this one. They will cry for life.

kasoo10 said:
Is this really happening in a first class match? India will have a big excuse if they loose this one. They will cry for life.

its really anoys me how batsmen cant accept a fielders word for a catch. The 2 onfield umpires and 3rd umpires made things worse by messing around for 20 mins.

well I had gone for a shower but good to see my opinion was vindicated

Amjid Javed said:
its really anoys me how batsmen cant accept a fielders word for a catch. The 2 onfield umpires and 3rd umpires made things worse by messing around for 20 mins.

you really think a batsmen can take a fielders word for catch,inspite of seeing cases of them claiming catches which have fallen short so often these days?

jusarrived said:
you really think a batsmen can take a fielders word for catch,inspite of seeing cases of them claiming catches which have fallen short so often these days?

Ian Bell the CHEAT for example

jusarrived said:
n how is that ?

That India needed to set a target for WI and declare with a few overs left today

It could have been a lot more than this though........50 runs short thanks to the negativity that was being shown earlier.

wow the cricinfo commentators are so biased in favour if India. It's unbelievable.

cricinfo isn't even working for me

Seems like all the Indians have suddenly logged on at the same time ever since India has started to do well.....didn't seem to be this slow in the first couple of days (or even during Dravid and Jaffer's tedious partnershit)

If Ganga said he caught it cleanly, than they should take his word for it.

Hash said:
cricinfo isn't even working for me

Seems like all the Indians have suddenly logged on at the same time ever since India has started to do well.....didn't seem to be this slow in the first couple of days (or even during Dravid and Jaffer's tedious partnershit)

:91:

150.3 Mohammed to Dhoni, SIX, OMG! Another one disappears out of the ground! He danced down the track and just swung through the line of the ball, that amazing bottom-hand again!
150.4 Mohammed to Dhoni, SIX, oh! what can one say! this one he decides to send over long-leg. Its raining sixes here! quicker on the legs but slightly short and that gives room for Dhoni to free his arms, got under the ball and whacked it over longleg. 100 partnership is up. West Indies are bleeding runs here!
Has the Dhoni show come to an end, if so it was in a typical Dhoni fashion, Not the meek surrender for him, no sir that won't do, but a bold departure! He went down the track, Mohammed sent it, slower, outside the leg stump, Dhoni went down on his knees and hoicked it over towards deep midwicket and the cherry came down at Ganga who takes it at the ropes. doubts were raised whether his feet remained inside the ropes or not, the decision went upstairs. Has Dhoni got a fresh lease of life! The replays were inconclusive, in that tv replays didnt provide the right angle. The decision came back to the on-field umpires. Lara decides to enter the fray, a visibly agitated Lara approached the umpires, wanted the umpires to take his fielder's words. Umpires went to Dhoni, it looked as if Dhoni said he was unsure and is not in a position to take the fielder's word, Lara gets into a discussion with Dhoni now! This is all getting bizarre! Rahul Dravid is signalling from the pavilion, expressing his displeasure. And omg! he has declared! Was it a six or was it out? Things have really heated up in the middle. I have never seen anything like that. UNBELIEVABLE! . This one would feature in one of those books featuring strange and bizarre stories in sport
150.5 Mohammed to Dhoni, OUT, Stop the press! Dhoni is out! Apparently, Dhoni agreed to Lara's take of accepting Ganga's word ... and so the scorecards will record it as Dhoni c Ganga b Mohammed but it won't tell you what drama of soap-opera proportions was played out during that delivery.

Anytime you see the phrase OMG in a professional commentary you know there is something wrong.

:15: If MIG turns up tell him it was a typo!

Hash said:
Ian Bell the CHEAT for example

Moin Khan, and Wasim Akram too my man... Moin claimed a catch on first bounce and Wasim claimed a runnout against Rahul Dravid on a ball firmly struck back towards the bowler- wasim, by tendulkar. the ball struck the wicket and wasim appealed for the runnout as dravid was out of his crease. replays showed that wasim never made contact with the ball but he kept screaming in bucknor's face repeated till he gave dravid out.

there is no fudging need for the batsman to take the fielder's word. the umpire and all the technology is there for a reason. if those technologies are inconclusive, then the benefit must be given to the batsman. Must be start rewarding bowlers for every lbw appeal they go up for as the batsman should just take the bowler;s word for it?

akram_rejuvinated said:
Moin Khan, and Wasim Akram too my man... Moin claimed a catch on first bounce and Wasim claimed a runnout against Rahul Dravid on a ball firmly struck back towards the bowler- wasim, by tendulkar. the ball struck the wicket and wasim appealed for the runnout as dravid was out of his crease. replays showed that wasim never made contact with the ball but he kept screaming in bucknor's face repeated till he gave dravid out.

there is no fudging need for the batsman to take the fielder's word. the umpire and all the technology is there for a reason. if those technologies are inconclusive, then the benefit must be given to the batsman. Must be start rewarding bowlers for every lbw appeal they go up for as the batsman should just take the bowler;s word for it?

Ganguly and a one bounce catch from 2003 WC comes to mind...NO :21:

Monsee said:

i am not sure i follow... but if you are hinting toward ganguly taking a catch on one bounce, then yes, include him in the list too. Ganguly often let his desire to win overwhelm his conduct, just as the other two who i mentioned. nevertheless, do give me particulars of this happening.

akram_rejuvinated said:
i am not sure i follow... but if you are hinting toward ganguly taking a catch on one bounce, then yes, include him in the list too. Ganguly often let his desire to win overwhelm his conduct, just as the other two who i mentioned. nevertheless, do give me particulars of this happening.

Dravid and Tendulkar ball tampering (both caught red handed on camera) comes to my mind. I think they too should be added to this 'list' of yours.

I seem to remember Balaji doing the same thing you accused Wasim of. If my memory serves me correctly he did it in the 3rd ODI of the Jeet Lo Dil series to run out Younis Khan.

Monsee said:

He was a victim himself in the Chennai Test Match ( 1999 - India v.s Pakistan )

Ganguly c Moin b Saqlain

Came of the shoes but umpire didn't call for TV replay

41.5 Saqlain Mushtaq to Ganguly, OUT:

India 82/5, Partnership of 9
SC Ganguly c Moin Khan b Saqlain Mushtaq 2 (25b 0x4 0x6)
Saqlain Mushtaq 14.5-5-19-2

Ganguly cracked this ball to ohard at silly point. the ball off his
body fell down and diving Moin caught it off the ground very
clearly and Dunne gives him out!
this is clearly not out according to TV replays

and this was the chase, decision could have made a big difference

Hash said:
Dravid and Tendulkar ball tampering (both caught red handed on camera) comes to my mind. I think they too should be added to this 'list' of yours.

I seem to remember Balaji doing the same thing you accused Wasim of. If my memory serves me correctly he did it in the 3rd ODI of the Jeet Lo Dil series to run out Younis Khan.

And both of them like gentlemen did not try to contest or deny or even fight the judgement, how so ever controversial it was. In fact, when tendulkar was called for tampering, he was in fact removing grass and dirt from the ball and a majority of the cricket observers from england to australia came to his defence. In fact, the opposition, South Africa supported him too and agreed to renounce the last game of the series.

And believe me mate, ball tampering accusations have plagued more pakistani players than all the rest of the world combined. I think you are just burning in agony at the mention of Moin Khan and Wasim Akram. Well Akram was still a gentleman on other days (saving for accusations of match fixing etc etc) but moin khan, though a very talented player needed an education in ethics.

Hash said:

From what i can gather of the commentary and match report of the game, Balaji did infact make contact and had a legitimate appeal, the ethics of such an appeal are worth discussing, but nevertheless, Balaji does have one onus over Wasim: Balaji made contact with the ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back