Run feast expected - W.I v india (1st test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hash said:
yes. Please scan your notes. Post them in time pass.

Other than that I am perfectly happy with my academic success and don't need to learn anything from someone who spends his time copying and pasting from the internet :19:

i have the notes scanned as an adobe file. let me know if you want me to email them to you... there is a limit on the size of attachments at 39.1kbs which is way to small for me to post a scanned sheet(s) of paper.

The umpires have gifted this game to India.

Bradshaw didn't make any contact with the ball, his bat hit his pad.

unlucky bradshaw...oh well, the indians were unlucky in the morning off gayle 2 times as well

whgo was the umpire who made bradshaw decision>> i know lara was given out by taufel and he was unlucky.

How similar is this to Pak v Ind at Bangalore when kumble was defying us with overs running out!?

Uzi said:
The umpires have gifted this game to India.

Bradshaw didn't make any contact with the ball, his bat hit his pad.

as i said... a victory on the basis of poor umpiring decisions is in my opinion a farce. but come to think of it, the pendulumn has swung both ways. gayle was given not out much earlier in the first session in the over right after sarwan's dismissal.

i think the umpires are secretly toying with lara for his unwelcome outburst! payback is always a b i t c h.

crowd were unhappy with the decision, few plastic bottles were thrown in the ground but all is under control now
84.2 Patel to Bradshaw, OUT, Munaf Patel gets the breakthrough for India! It was a full-length delivery , just short of driveable length, sucking Bradshaw forward, who is bit late in leaning forward, and pushes at it, inside the line of the ball a bit , the bat hits the pad and it was not sure whether there was an edge enroute to Dhoni! Replays were inconclusive. Atleast the ones shown so far. I am not sure he touched it, Bradshaw is unlucky
IDR Bradshaw c Dhoni b Patel 10 (37b 0x4 0x6) sr: 27.02

TaZ said:
How similar is this to Pak v Ind at Bangalore when kumble was defying us with overs running out!?

very similar indeed, the turning point in that game was single pathan took to assume strike against kaneria who kumble was negotiating rather well. that match however was not so down the wire as this one. india hardly made an effort to chase down the total and pakistan outplayed india in all departments save for when sehwag was at the crease.

9 overs left, indians appealing for everything!

the last wicket incidentally fell when i was away from the computer screen making a sandwich. i guess i ought to make two more. brb

akram_rejuvinated said:
very similar indeed, the turning point in that game was single pathan took to assume strike against kaneria who kumble was negotiating rather well. that match however was not so down the wire as this one. india hardly made an effort to chase down the total and pakistan outplayed india in all departments save for when sehwag was at the crease.

and that razzaq run out of sehwag had everyone screaming and shouting!! Not forgetting the Afridi gettting Ganguly (gobsmacked) and Afridi getting Sachin (with inzi runnning after afridi like a man possessed!) :14:

TaZ said:
and that razzaq run out of sehwag had everyone screaming and shouting!! Not forgetting the Afridi gettting Ganguly (gobsmacked) and Afridi getting Sachin (with inzi runnning after afridi like a man possessed!) :14:

yeah i recall sehwag's runnout... but i dont recall gaguly's dimissal. well his stay at the crease was always so ephemeral that i would miss it even though i had purchased that entire series from the rip offs at direct tv.

TaZ said:

was it razzaq or was it yohana?

Was Razzaq who ran him out

Afridis dismissal of Ganguly was awesome. Bowled him through the gate and Ganguly stood there refusing to move with a gobsmacked look on his face. Awesome delivery

Seems that Dave Mohammad wants to go for the win with the fervour he's smacking the ball around for boundaries....

86.5 Patel to Dave Mohammed, FOUR!!, on the middle and leg again, Dave Mohammed glances it to backward square leg
86.4 Patel to Dave Mohammed, no run, angled in from round the wicket, on the middle and leg, Dave Mohammed turns it to short mid wicket
86.3 Patel to Dave Mohammed, FOUR!!, flicks it to deep square leg
86.2 Patel to Dave Mohammed, no run, round the wicket and bowled short, Dave Mohammed ducks
86.1 Patel to Dave Mohammed, FOUR!!, drives it to long on, vacant area and Dave Mohammed picks a boundary

akram_rejuvinated said:
i have the notes scanned as an adobe file. let me know if you want me to email them to you... there is a limit on the size of attachments at 39.1kbs which is way to small for me to post a scanned sheet(s) of paper.

No don't e-mail it to me. Don't trust Indians...God knows what virus I will get.

Just post them in Timepass or something :19:

It doesn't have to be ALL your notes

6.3 overs left, 2 wickets. Which one will tick down first?

just occured to me... what on earth is edwards doing there in the middle? i thought he was injured? if he playing through the pain and injury, more power to him! great effort!

dhoni missed a stumping off mohammed....kumble bowled a googly, quickish delivery, hard chance for him

Check this piece out:

92.2 Sreesanth to Edwards, no run, catch dropped! a touch chance to Kaif af short leg. It was dug into towards the ribs, Edwards hops inside the line, pushes it out, the ball goes low to Kaif, boot high but where is he? He has jumped up in a hurry, A proper short leg fielder would have stayed low to ground

HaHaHa

Has all of India suddenly decided to take a communal dump together?

Hash said:
Has all of India suddenly decided to take a communal dump together?

It will be good for their pitches though...No :|

Monsee said:
It will be good for their pitches though...No :|

depends what they ate the night before.

This is India we are talking about.....would watery stools really be good for a pitch? :20:

Last edited:
Hash said:
depends what they ate the night before.

This is India we ate talkimg about.....would watery stools really be good for a pitch? :20:

:9: :9: :23:

Hilarious comments in cric buzz -

tensach: is this what dhoni told him
SachinIsBetterThanLara: @sib12, Sachin is bettter than lara
cute22k: 2 balls left
cricketmaster: so may b next bowl will b d wicket
ashfav1: cmon
gmoney: IT IS OVER!
takai: DRAW
cricketmerajivan: dhoni did a trick
tensach: what a waste of a ball
gmoney: It is DRAW! Guys...It is official! ITS OVER! ITS A DRAW! MY COUSINS FROM INDIA HAVE INFORMED ME!
badani: colleyyyyyy get lost
cricketmaster: dhoni has gone to explain sreesanth how to bowl next bowl
cbtry: ???
gsanks: Oh yes - Dhoni is giving bowling advice - slower ball, no doubt?
gkv76: 2 to go
ashsabis: this is a tragic draw
Dishum: yorkerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr
loveatspeed32: injured last man
badfudays: dravid sold the game to wi
chaiwala: Bad decision by dravid..Sehwag to last over dena chaiye tha
mumbhai: there should be over time in cricket
harshakodam: outtttttttttttt pleaseeeeee
aksNYC1: last ball win - a possibility
* tensach bans arasheed
vicegerent: DRAW-VID
laralooser: hats of to west indies batsman....amazing play
delhirocks1: yaar colly ko paise de ke raffa daffa karo
ashfav1: give him baby over ...ask kumble to finish
tamboosinghuncensored8: SSanth, cMon Bro, you can do it.
cricketmerajivan: not out
indopaki: bowl something different SREE

I guess Nostril Man just wasn't good enough!

well i have good news and i have bad news
good news is windies saved the match

bad news is , we lost cartman

phew!!! we have been saved pages of drivel on how good this india side is

Big Daddy said:

Was it due to the 'Breakage of that Unfunny Bone' in his big boned body...

Or was it due to the drawn game that his first team couldn't win :D

Big Daddy said:

sad day indeed

well played West Indies, better luck next time India. great game indeed! and a rather memorable final test match on this ground. finally the pressure relaxes! if this is a preview of things to come, this is going to be one heck of a series. maybe test cricket is not dead after all!!!

p.s. taufel put a scare in lara with his decisions...

z10 said:
i am innocent, mian

keep to the topic, yourself :|

You are again chit chatting...stick to the topic!

Let me see if Saj has time to Ban another disruptive one :p

yesssssssss

well done collymore!

west indies get a deserved draw!

india chocked as per usual!

zushy_786 said:
Hilarious comments in cric buzz -

tensach: is this what dhoni told him
SachinIsBetterThanLara: @sib12, Sachin is bettter than lara
cute22k: 2 balls left
cricketmaster: so may b next bowl will b d wicket
ashfav1: cmon
gmoney: IT IS OVER!
takai: DRAW
cricketmerajivan: dhoni did a trick
tensach: what a waste of a ball
gmoney: It is DRAW! Guys...It is official! ITS OVER! ITS A DRAW! MY COUSINS FROM INDIA HAVE INFORMED ME!
badani: colleyyyyyy get lost
cricketmaster: dhoni has gone to explain sreesanth how to bowl next bowl
cbtry: ???
gsanks: Oh yes - Dhoni is giving bowling advice - slower ball, no doubt?
gkv76: 2 to go
ashsabis: this is a tragic draw
Dishum: yorkerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr
loveatspeed32: injured last man
badfudays: dravid sold the game to wi
chaiwala: Bad decision by dravid..Sehwag to last over dena chaiye tha
mumbhai: there should be over time in cricket
harshakodam: outtttttttttttt pleaseeeeee
aksNYC1: last ball win - a possibility
* tensach bans arasheed
vicegerent: DRAW-VID
laralooser: hats of to west indies batsman....amazing play

"delhirocks1: yaar colly ko paise de ke raffa daffa karo
ashfav1: give him baby over ...ask kumble to finish"

tamboosinghuncensored8: SSanth, cMon Bro, you can do it.
cricketmerajivan: not out
indopaki: bowl something different SREE

:)))

Monsee said:
You are again chit chatting...stick to the topic!

Let me see if Saj has time to Ban another disruptive one :p

surely saj can see through the provocation

Big Daddy said:

good stuff windies :11:

and what ???? where,s cartman ? ? ? dont tell me.............yet again :12:

Amjid Javed said:
yesssssssss

well done collymore!

Unlucky WI...they almost won the game but alas Taufel :12:

Amjid Javed said:
yesssssssss

well done collymore!

choked? well i am glad that you think that we are so exceptionally good that only our own ineptitude can deny us victory. the possibility of the opposition playing their hearts out did not occur to you did it?

zushy_786 said:
I'm glad that you found it hilarious......

trying to imagine a hitman intervening at the last over to surreptitiously dispose of colleymore or better yet, explaining to the umpires the concept of a baby over.

oh well the 20 mins of pissing around from dhoni yesterday cost india the match.

Tupac said:
dhoni missed a stumping off mohammed....kumble bowled a googly, quickish delivery, hard chance for him

That was quite a simple chance really.

The stumping he succeeded with in the the 1st innings was much more difficult.

Well played in the end Windies, Collymoore held his nerve nicely !

Well done both teams for an exciting test match, following on from the one dayers!

Wow!, what a match!, India fought back agaisnt all the odds, a draw was likely when India needed 7 wickets in the last session, but India nearly won the game, Kumble bowled fantastic!, India deserved to win this game, hopefully this will restore some confidence into the Indin team, and hopefully we can win the series!.

If anything, this match showed that India have a very weak bowling attack - inability to dismiss last 5 batsman with all fit bowlers was a given! Dont know what positives India will take from here - fact that Pathan is better than the back up bowlers, even with a confidence issues ?

Amjid Javed said:
yesssssssss

well done collymore!

[Edit by Mods: Pls dont get personal!] if you think we choked, Collymore and Edwards played fantastic to draw WI the game, India nearly won the game, if only Kaif took that catch and was low down!, India fough back and nearly won the game agaisnt all the odds, it was a even match, but I felt in the end India deserved to win.

The oppsistion played their hearts out to draw this match, did that ever occur to you? who knows if Lara did not act like a idoit 2 days ago, then their would have been 3 overs left still, Sreesanth trapped Lara for 0 :))) , he deserved it for wasting time the other day.

Some early decisions went agaisnt us, when cearly Gayle gloved it and Dhoni took the catch, it would have been 4 down by lunch, and I dont think the WI would have saved this match from that postion.

Last edited:
Well played Windies.

This has been a very exciting series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back