'Russian invasion of Ukraine must be stopped immediately' : COAS Bajwa

Tera Gawaandi

First Class Player
Runs
So Imran Khan was right, opposition and establishment both are in US camp. IK wanted Pakistan to stay neautral like India.

==

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Qamar Bajwa on Saturday said that Russia's invasion of Ukraine must be "stopped immediately", terming it a great tragedy.

Speaking at the Islamabad Security Dialogue, Gen Bajwa expressed Pakistan's serious concern over the conflict, adding that "despite legitimate security concerns of Russia, its aggression against a smaller country cannot be condoned."

"Pakistan has consistently called for an immediate ceasefire and cessation of hostilities. We support immediate dialogue between all sides to find a lasting solution to the conflict," he added.

He said the Russian invasion of Ukraine was very unfortunate as thousands of people had been killed, millions made refugees and "half of Ukraine destroyed".

The army chief said the conflict gave hope to smaller countries that they could still defend their territory with smaller but agile forces against aggression by a bigger country by carrying out selective modernatisation of equipment.

He noted that Pakistan had enjoyed excellent defence and economic relationships with Ukraine since its independence but relations with Russia were "cold" for a long time because of numerous reasons. However, some positive developments in this regard had taken place recently, he added.

Pakistan had sent humanitarian assistance to Ukraine via Pakistan Air Force (PAF) planes and would continue to do, he said. He cautioned that the continuation or expansion of the conflict would not serve the interests of any side, least of all the developing countries which would continue to face socio-economic costs of the conflict, which he said could "easily get out of hand".

Gen Bajwa pointed out that there were two camps internationally — those who advocated contestation and those who advocated cooperation — and the future vision of security would be decided based on which camp prevailed.

"I believe the world today is built by those who believe in cooperation, respect and equality, instead of division, war-mongering and dominance."

Pakistan's interests were served only when cooperation instead of contestation between power centres was promoted, he said, calling on the international community to support cooperative countries such as Pakistan rather than those who wish to gain from this contest.

'Long and strategic relationship with US'

The army chief also spoke about Pakistan's relations with other countries, including the United States.

Amid concerns about a contestation between global powers, Pakistan was positioning itself as a melting pot for international economic interests by focusing on connectivity and friendship, he added.

"Pakistan does not believe in camp politics and our bilateral relations with our partners are not at the expense of our relationships with other countries."

Pakistan enjoyed a close strategic relationship with China which was demonstrated by the country's commitment towards the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), he said, adding, "equally, we share a long and excellent strategic relationship with the US which remains our largest export market."

He said that Pakistan sought to broaden and expand relations with both China and the US "without impacting our relations with [either]".

In addition, relations with the European Union, the United Kingdom, Gulf countries, South East Asia and Japan were also important for Pakistan's progress, the COAS said.

Link - https://www.dawn.com/news/1683055/russian-invasion-of-ukraine-must-be-stopped-immediately-coas-bajwa

Last edited by a moderator:
Very embarrassing rift this.

Told you this guy is a sellout

Ik goodbye move back to the UK and be with your boys

True change will come in Pakistan if they can do something to control their loudmouth army.

It's not like they have a great track record in army stuff anyway.

So with the fall of IKs govt the Army get their control back. Lets see what the Khooni Liberals make of this. As we will see its not the Army they were angry with, they were just anti IK.

Very embarrassing rift this.

Now you can see why the NAB cases didn't go anywhere. Our elite doesn't like intruders in their own little games. The behaviour of our Generals has been disgusting, and they may be in bed with criminals today but as Mush found to his cost, it doesn't end well.

As I had stated before, the military is behind Khan’s ouster. This is what Bajwa said. It seems military is unhappy with Khan over Pakistan increasing pull towards Russia and away from US influence. What a big sellout our esteemed COAS is proving to be.

‘Russia should stop its aggression in Ukraine.’

‘ Pakistan should have good relations with US.’

The above statements are in direct contradiction to Pakistan’ stated foreign policies

Was shocked to read this, Army is literally choosing a side on purpose a day before the vote.
[MENTION=21699]Pakpak[/MENTION] this is what I was saying..

Was shocked to read this, Army is literally choosing a side on purpose a day before the vote.

[MENTION=21699]Pakpak[/MENTION] this is what I was saying..

Which has been helped because millions still vote for these parties. Army is not there at polling stations voting. You have educated people like Major doing the voting

PPP and PMLN since 80s and 90s are experts at rigging. Which is why PTI tried to have machines next year but looks like that was too late.

Stop voting for corrupt parties and army won't be stupid to pick any side. Army however knows a lot of Punjab, Sindh will still vote for these looters so bullying PTI is easier. PTI is by far the most popular but the other two still have supporters. Sizeable ones. Army is not telling people like Major to vote against PTI.

Last edited:
The military that has a country:: Pakistan.

Till Pakistan becomes a country that has an military, they will be a mess till the end of time, like they are now...

Why cant Pakistani public 'in Pakistan' revolt or cause a civil war to end the control of the Military ? Extreme step but there is no other way out of this mess....

Which has been helped because millions still vote for these parties. Army is not there at polling stations voting. You have educated people like Major doing the voting

PPP and PMLN since 80s and 90s are experts at rigging. Which is why PTI tried to have machines next year but looks like that was too late.

Stop voting for corrupt parties and army won't be stupid to pick any side. Army however knows a lot of Punjab, Sindh will still vote for these looters. PTI is by far the most popular but the other two still have supporters. Sizeable ones. Army is not telling people like Major to vote against PTI.

I think average Pakistani citizen should just come out to support Imran tomorrow, this is a very clear case of conflict and it’s out in the open now.

I think average Pakistani citizen should just come out to support Imran tomorrow, this is a very clear case of conflict and it’s out in the open now.

Actually I’m wrong here , that’s a very trumpesque move to do what he is saying.

Maybe IK is too arrogant to be head of state and Army has realised that too. You simply cannot go shake hands with Putin when all the western countries are against him. This had to have consequences and Khan should have used better senses and avoided going to Russia.

At the end of the day it is economics over political mantra or anything else and IK risked isolating Pakistan like North Korea and Iran with that one visit. Like him or hate him, he was too arrogant for his own good and I think this will be the end of his political career. Unfortunate for Pakistan but hopefully soon newer leaders will emerge that can challenge the dynastic political parties.

Good statement by the army.

Funny how pti fans who used to ejioy army taking lead and make claims that arny and pti are on the same chapter ...

This is a mess created by pti who allowed army to have more influence andnnow they do.

Sadly, with imran self sabotaging the country, someone was needed to give a statement and it had to come from the army ...

Just shows imran is the puppet and its the army that runs the country....

Yes.. and clearly even for average Pakistani this should be obvious now.

But some( many people) are just not interested. He stayed true what he said, many on here and elsewhere thought he was puppet but as time as shown, we know who the real puppets are.

Funny how pti fans who used to ejioy army taking lead and make claims that arny and pti are on the same chapter ...

This is a mess created by pti who allowed army to have more influence andnnow they do.

Sadly, with imran self sabotaging the country, someone was needed to give a statement and it had to come from the army ...

Kaptaan didn't back down, it's the army that changed its tune, look at his statements from years ago.
It's funny that you guys are now backing a statement of a General against the official PK govt policy. If hypocrisy had a face then your ilk with no ghairat would be its poster boys

Russia and Chinese got bested by Umreekans. They were busy keeping Imran's gormint on their side with the state visits and neutral statement and US went straight to the main man at GHQ.

On the other hand, how much of a wiggle room does Bajwa have here? His forces are currently majorly reliant on Chinese arms and money. How far can he go to appease the west?

Kaptaan didn't back down, it's the army that changed its tune, look at his statements from years ago.
It's funny that you guys are now backing a statement of a General against the official PK govt policy. If hypocrisy had a face then your ilk with no ghairat would be its poster boys

Funny how you go around on this forum using words like ghairat, randi rona and begairti.........

Which is why i have stopped giving replies to you. First learn some manners than bother to qoute me... Dont expecy any replies from me to u

Maybe IK is too arrogant to be head of state and Army has realised that too. You simply cannot go shake hands with Putin when all the western countries are against him. This had to have consequences and Khan should have used better senses and avoided going to Russia.

At the end of the day it is economics over political mantra or anything else and IK risked isolating Pakistan like North Korea and Iran with that one visit. Like him or hate him, he was too arrogant for his own good and I think this will be the end of his political career. Unfortunate for Pakistan but hopefully soon newer leaders will emerge that can challenge the dynastic political parties.

Nothing wrong with being neutral like India was. National interests should come first before “friends” and “enemies”

Yes 100 percent.

It's a mess. Sold out judges. Sold out NAB and you have elements within establishment with their own agendas. I feel its now or never. I'm not talking civil war but the message being enough is enough.

Interesting.

Very interesting.

Army has the final say as usual.

I thought it was just about Army vs Imran....but with Russian invasion (with USA hell bent on isolating Russia)...they might have felt its better to remove pesky little Imran with the help of Pak Army.

Gives some credence to Imran's claim about foreign interference.

Combination of multiple things happening..

Army's rift with Imran followed by Russian invasion.

----

Until Pakistanis wake up and realize their nation is sold out by the Army, there is no hope.

All this attack on Billo, Nawaz and Co are fine and dandy but they are small fish in the big picture.

Are they corrupt? Sure.

But they are convenient scapegoats.

If they dont fall in line, Army will make their supporters do.

Last edited:
Yes 100 percent.

It's a mess. Sold out judges. Sold out NAB and you have elements within establishment with their own agendas. I feel its now or never. I'm not talking civil war but the message being enough is enough.

Why not talk about civil war?

What else can save Pakistan?

On the other hand, how much of a wiggle room does Bajwa have here? His forces are currently majorly reliant on Chinese arms and money. How far can he go to appease the west?

chinese do not see americans as a an existential threat, it is america that has had problems with china. china has one aim, domestic social stability, and for that they need economic growth, and for that they need working relations with america. china has historically never stood in the way of pak american relations.

I feel its now or never. I'm not talking civil war but the message being enough is enough.

Civil war is the only thing that can save Pakistan. There needs to be a massive people's movement in the streets that will march towards the army HQ at Rawalpindi. A people's revolution that can once and for all crush the influence of the military and make it answerable to the civilian leader of Pakistan.

Imran Khan is the only person in Pakistan I can think of that can be the figurehead of this revolution, with his existing pan-national appeal owing to his cricketing days ..

Civil war is the only thing that can save Pakistan. There needs to be a massive people's movement in the streets that will march towards the army HQ at Rawalpindi. A people's revolution that can once and for all crush the influence of the military and make it answerable to the civilian leader of Pakistan.

Imran Khan is the only person in Pakistan I can think of that can be the figurehead of this revolution, with his existing pan-national appeal owing to his cricketing days ..

Imran Khan is doing the right thing, staying away from criticizing Army but at the same time making Army play its hand, absolutely remarkable to see the way he has Establishment and Opposition playing their hands. Very Chanakya of him.

He has trapped everyone to play their hand and it has become like Him vs Everyone (incl Army) but with a uniting tone and him being a martyr!

Because Pakistan is ethnically divided as well, civil war will be terrible, no one should wish for that.

Imran is doing the right thing, be the most popular leader for next election and work with the next Army Chief to bring stability and neutral foreign policy.

Because Pakistan is ethnically divided as well, civil war will be terrible, no one should wish for that.

Imran is doing the right thing, be the most popular leader for next election and work with the next Army Chief to bring stability and neutral foreign policy.

All solid in an ideal world.

Issue is

1. We hear Pak Army rigging elections.

2. If Army chief gets an extension and Imran doesn't win elections, then how will he work with the next chief?

If Pakistan has real democracy and Imran is as popular with people as its portrayed...he should have no issues becoming PM again.

The devil is in the messy details.

A lot Indians seem very interested in Pakistan now. :sachin

The General made a very short statement, playing to the gallery.

Pakistan Army has changed direction years ago. It was the General and the army who agreed with Imran to visit Putin in a historic meeting.

The Army is only playing the Yanks, who they know are hungry like Wolves atm.

Everyone knows American Empire is in decline, a new Order has already formed.

A supposedly 'sensible' Indian wants civil war in Pakistan ! Not surprising at all.

Imran is right in not directly calling out the military. He understands their importance for the country and won't put whole institution under the bus. By bringing American 'regime change' attempt out in the public, IK is putting indirect pressure on Bajwa who has been very disappointing.

But still hoping for a miracle tomorrow. If IK can get through Ramzan, I am sure he will have enough time to figure out something by then.

It seems Bajwa is most PM material out there. Inspite of being army man he understands geo economics and geo politics. His statement was nuanced and pretty well balanced

It seems Bajwa is most PM material out there. Inspite of being army man he understands geo economics and geo politics. His statement was nuanced and pretty well balanced

Anyone who understands the current state of the world and Pakistans position, would look for great ties with Russia, China and not USA. This is what the Army is actually doing, dont take a few vague words to think otherwise.

So in current state of the world, who is Pakistan's largest trade partner. Which country does Pakistan export highest value of goods and services.

Pakistan Army has changed direction years ago. It was the General and the army who agreed with Imran to visit Putin in a historic meeting.

Please take your head out of the sand.

Army is overriding the democratically elected government. Same army which lost Bangladesh

So in current state of the world, who is Pakistan's largest trade partner. Which country does Pakistan export highest value of goods and services.

China's largest export nation is also USA. Yet China is not an American lapdog.

Regardless, you dont sell your soul for any price. OR do you think if the Yanks say we are starting drone attacks, which killed hundreds of children in the past, Pakistan should say OK as long as you buy our mangoes? Please come with a sensible argument not what Zardari or Nawaz tell you.

Words matter. Not some imaginary games playing in your head. The only games Pakistan army can play is lose in wars but forcibly take over reins of the country

Bajwa failed this country. Meanwhile Russian FM is in 🇮🇳, and 🇮🇳 is US ally. They can't do anything about India exporting record barrels of oil from Russia

Lakh di lannat pakistani politicians & army te. They should consider to rename the country…..:(

Hahaha , you are making me laugh man, typical patwari.

I haven't been much of IK fan as Pakistani PM because he's a little delusional and keeps commenting on things/areas where has no business to. In America he talks about their roads/infra being inferior to China, he kept tweeting about covid situation in India and even had the audacity to tell developing countries to learn from Pakistan on the welfare schemes. I mean it's one thing for an achiever to talk about such things but for a nation that's struggling with its own economy, it's so weird for its PM giving gyaan to the entire world about infrastructure, welfare schemes, covid etc etc. Having said that the way Bajwa has undermined him today, i wish IK survives the trust vote, fires Bajwa and starts proceedings against him. And yes i am one of those Indians who wish Pakistan well and hopes that stability comes there soon.

Last edited:
A supposedly 'sensible' Indian wants civil war in Pakistan ! Not surprising at all.

Imran is right in not directly calling out the military. He understands their importance for the country and won't put whole institution under the bus. By bringing American 'regime change' attempt out in the public, IK is putting indirect pressure on Bajwa who has been very disappointing.

But still hoping for a miracle tomorrow. If IK can get through Ramzan, I am sure he will have enough time to figure out something by then.

When did I say Imran should call out Army?

The comment about civil wars was made in referrence to citizens talking about it.....not Imran.

When the system is rotten to the core, how will you rise above it?

If there's a better solution than civil war for Pakistan, great.

If not, that's the only solution.

Hobnobbing with Army who hold all the powers simply gives you the ILLUSION that you are in control.

Last edited:
Today Bajwa failed the country.

Tom another Pak army chief will fail the country.

Day after tom...same will happen.

Names will change.

Outcomes will be the same UNTIL and unless people realize...

Army is failing Pakistan.

Today Bajwa failed the country.

Tom another Pak army chief will fail the country.

Day after tom...same will happen.

Names will change.

Outcomes will be the same UNTIL and unless people realize...

Army is failing Pakistan.

The day majority of pakistanis realise that, the corporate running army will do what its supposed to do. Guard the borders.

to all indians who thought Imran khan was puppet .

FPGOc25WQAsfBIO

Now you can see why the NAB cases didn't go anywhere. Our elite doesn't like intruders in their own little games. The behaviour of our Generals has been disgusting, and they may be in bed with criminals today but as Mush found to his cost, it doesn't end well.

Pakistani army has been making bed with whomever was ready to tow their line, not question them, and help them maintain their grasp on the society. Imran Khan used them to come to power. But now that he is trying to break the shackles, the army is coming after him.

IK had 2 options from the start
1. Stick to his principles and not get into bed with the army. It would have taken him longer to get into power, but has he done so and made it into power, it would have been the real win for Pakistani democracy,
2. Unfortunately, IK chose the easier option and got into bed with the army. If he needed to maintain power, he should have just towed their line.

There will always be consequences of your decisions. IK chose the easier option earlier and now he is paying the price. The opposition parties obviously are making the same mistake. However, if they come into power, they will simply tow the army line and not challenge them.

IK was trying to do the right thing (the govt control the army, not vice versa), but his earlier actions have come to bite him in the back. If you make bed with a snake, don't be surprised if it bites you.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woww ! Ye to lolzz hogaya &#55357;&#56834;<br>If anyone has a slight doubt about Imran Khan's popularity now. Then get the hell out of here because we don't give a **** about you.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BehindYouSkipper?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BehindYouSkipper</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kpkelections?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Kpkelections</a> <a href="https://t.co/REvLexfUNl">pic.twitter.com/REvLexfUNl</a></p>— UmaR Hussain (@PakistaniMan04) <a href="https://twitter.com/PakistaniMan04/status/1509612254680911895?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 31, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Will pakistan finally realize that the army should have no say in running the country and will pakistanis work to limit the army to its actual role?

Most Pakistanis still trust the army ahead of the politicians. In one sense this is understandable given the calibre of politicians in Pakistan, most of them are only in politics to line their pockets. But ultimately you are right, army should never have any role in governance. Because if you are USA, you only have to buy one COAS in Pakistan, and the whole country is in the palm of your hand forever. With a corrupt politician at least you can vote them out after five years.

I haven't been much of IK fan as Pakistani PM because he's a little delusional and keeps commenting on things/areas where has no business to. In America he talks about their roads/infra being inferior to China, he kept tweeting about covid situation in India and even had the audacity to tell developing countries to learn from Pakistan on the welfare schemes. I mean it's one thing for an achiever to talk about such things but for a nation that's struggling with its own economy, it's so weird for its PM giving gyaan to the entire world about infrastructure, welfare schemes, covid etc etc. Having said that the way Bajwa has undermined him today, i wish IK survives the trust vote, fires Bajwa and starts proceedings against him. And yes i am one of those Indians who wish Pakistan well and hopes that stability comes there soon.

Tbf his government handled Covid very well. It is a huge achievement which isn’t talked about often. Esp when you see how it ravaged neighbors.

The welfare scheme regarding free health have been impressive too considering the budgetary, economic and political constraints

This whiskey drinking general should not have spoke so bluntly. He basically collapsed infront of America's feet.

What sort of message does it send our regional allies that we are willing to change governments and our COAS is quaking in his boots due to fear of the Americans.

This ****** couldn't even respond to India properly. The alcoholics in the army were asleep when the Indian missle landed in Pakistani territory, and now are demanding explanations when the damege is done.

Stop just reading the thread title and commentating.

What has the army chief said that is different from what Imran Khan has said in the past? Imran Khan has also said that he doesn't support war and that political dialogue is the way forward.

People need to realize that Imran Khan is a politician and Bajwa is a general. Both have made the same point but through different words. What has Bajwa said that is different from what Imran Khan has said? They want cordial relations with all and are not in any camp.

Pakistan=Prime Minister of Pakistan=COAS stop trying to differ them.

The statement does prove the point that the army is behind IK’s ouster, doesnt it? Basically IK lost favor of the army when he decided to name his own guy as the head of ISI & set up on a collision course.

Stating the obvious here but democracy in Pakistan is a complete farce -a politician stays in office only till he kow-tows to the military & then kaput. No wonder no government has lasted a single full term in office.

But i am also wondering why the army has changed its stance towards China & Russia- anything happened between the Chinese masters & the military?

As I had stated before, the military is behind Khan’s ouster. This is what Bajwa said. It seems military is unhappy with Khan over Pakistan increasing pull towards Russia and away from US influence. What a big sellout our esteemed COAS is proving to be.

‘Russia should stop its aggression in Ukraine.’

‘ Pakistan should have good relations with US.’

The above statements are in direct contradiction to Pakistan’ stated foreign policies

Bajwa was onboard with IK visiting Russia. He just gave a more diplomatic politically correct statement. IK has said the same thing as Bajwa has.

Stop just reading the thread title and commentating.

What has the army chief said that is different from what Imran Khan has said in the past? Imran Khan has also said that he doesn't support war and that political dialogue is the way forward.

People need to realize that Imran Khan is a politician and Bajwa is a general. Both have made the same point but through different words. What has Bajwa said that is different from what Imran Khan has said? They want cordial relations with all and are not in any camp.

Pakistan=Prime Minister of Pakistan=COAS stop trying to differ them.

Exactly. IK has to worry about elections and "Abolutely Not" is going to be a huge part of his campaign. He has changed the narrative of the next election from his own performance to a referendum on the opposition.

The military that has a country:: Pakistan.

Till Pakistan becomes a country that has an military, they will be a mess till the end of time, like they are now...

Why cant Pakistani public 'in Pakistan' revolt or cause a civil war to end the control of the Military ? Extreme step but there is no other way out of this mess....

People in Pakistan already revolted against 3 Army dictators. Ayub and Musharraf left in disgrace. And Zia died in disgrace. If the Army comes back into power, the population after a while will throw them out again.

In this case you are reading too much into what Bajwa said. Its not that much different than what IK said. Just more diplomatic.

Actually I’m wrong here , that’s a very trumpesque move to do what he is saying.

Yes. IK like Trump has lost. He did not have a majority in parliament, and he needed to depend on other parties to get a majority. These parties have a right to leave, and now that they have his majority is gone. IK needs to peacefully hand power to the opposition and then focus on the next election, which at latest will be next October.

And its also funny how people who hate Army interference are saying "Good statement by the army".

Had Bhutto held the Army responsible after 71, let the Hamoodur Rahman Commission be published we might not be seeing Army interference today. However we cant really expect better from someone who used to call Ayub "Daddy".

Funny how you go around on this forum using words like ghairat, randi rona and begairti.........

Which is why i have stopped giving replies to you. First learn some manners than bother to qoute me... Dont expecy any replies from me to u

Lol typical bekariyon ka rona. Language sahi karo.. aap ke leaders ko bhi yehi cheez tang karti hai Khan sb ki. When a spade is called a spade they bring out the language card

So have Pakistan now become an «unfriendly» nation to Russians after this statement?

But if it took them so long time to come to this conclusion then there is no doubt there are many in the Army who listen to Imran.

Last edited:
So have Pakistan now become an «unfriendly» nation to Russians after this statement?

But if it took them so long time to come to this conclusion then there is no doubt there are many in the Army who listen to Imran.

No don't read Dawn. Listen to his speech then listen to khan's interviews after it. Also watch Imran riaz Khan's analysis of the speech on YouTube.

He says two things that are important 1 he clearly says inspire of Russias legitimate concerns. Legitimate concerns? Even the gov haven't called russias concerns legitimate?
Secondly he saysntheybshould not have invaded and should come to the table to negotiate.

Both are consistent with the pak govs statements. I read Dawn and my heart sank. I then watched the whole speech and scratched my head and then of course rolled my eyes as its Dawn.

Finally inwarched Khan's phone-in with the nation and his interviews also analysis from senior anchors and experts before coming to the conclusion that Dawn is stirring the pot.

Remember this it isn't he Pakistan army's stated position that any invasion by a state on another is illegal and should be said as such. Why? Because we face a neighbour who's stated aim isntoninvade us and dismember us. Khan has saidnit clearly in his interviews recently that they want to break us into three parts. Where did he get this specific info from? From the ISI and Bajwa and Co. Who finally said it was ok to goto Moscow? Bajwa did after Khan has consulted for days and finally the chief advised him to do it.

3 million former army officers have pledged support to IK. my father in law being one of them. They all have links in the fauj. They are the fauj for goodness sake.

You guys read one stupid article from that pot stirrer and go ape. Oh bhai loag this is the new great game played writ large in front of our eyes. They have openly threatened to dismember the nation and now are involved on a soft coup together rid of a sitting prime minister. This is a nation that lost 100k people during the great game and in can tell you will not bow down to anybody. The fauj will stand and Khan is gonna fight..

Pakistani Army generals normally need American visa for themselves and for their families after retirement.

So, its understandable.

DAWN Editorial -

Meanwhile, the army chief seems to have chosen a questionable time to publicly break ranks with the PTI government. His statement at the Islamabad Security Dialogue on the Russia-Ukraine conflict is likely to rekindle civil-military tensions. His opinion reveals he stands considerably at odds with the PTI government on the matter. The army chief is entitled to his views, but it would have been better if they were expressed through policy formulated by the National Security Committee rather than before a public audience including foreign observers. This decision has only renewed doubts regarding the actual ‘neutrality’ of the establishment. With Pakistan on the verge of what may be a period of political turmoil, the public should not have been left feeling as if yet another public representative is being prematurely shown the door because they crossed the powers that be.

LINK

No don't read Dawn. Listen to his speech then listen to khan's interviews after it. Also watch Imran riaz Khan's analysis of the speech on YouTube.

He says two things that are important 1 he clearly says inspire of Russias legitimate concerns. Legitimate concerns? Even the gov haven't called russias concerns legitimate?
Secondly he saysntheybshould not have invaded and should come to the table to negotiate.

Both are consistent with the pak govs statements. I read Dawn and my heart sank. I then watched the whole speech and scratched my head and then of course rolled my eyes as its Dawn.

Finally inwarched Khan's phone-in with the nation and his interviews also analysis from senior anchors and experts before coming to the conclusion that Dawn is stirring the pot.

Remember this it isn't he Pakistan army's stated position that any invasion by a state on another is illegal and should be said as such. Why? Because we face a neighbour who's stated aim isntoninvade us and dismember us. Khan has saidnit clearly in his interviews recently that they want to break us into three parts. Where did he get this specific info from? From the ISI and Bajwa and Co. Who finally said it was ok to goto Moscow? Bajwa did after Khan has consulted for days and finally the chief advised him to do it.

3 million former army officers have pledged support to IK. my father in law being one of them. They all have links in the fauj. They are the fauj for goodness sake.

You guys read one stupid article from that pot stirrer and go ape. Oh bhai loag this is the new great game played writ large in front of our eyes. They have openly threatened to dismember the nation and now are involved on a soft coup together rid of a sitting prime minister. This is a nation that lost 100k people during the great game and in can tell you will not bow down to anybody. The fauj will stand and Khan is gonna fight..

I agree with most of it but our military chose to be 'neutral' when there was a clear case of foreign intervention. Don't you think that's concerning ?

When did I say Imran should call out Army?

The comment about civil wars was made in referrence to citizens talking about it.....not Imran.

When the system is rotten to the core, how will you rise above it?

If there's a better solution than civil war for Pakistan, great.

If not, that's the only solution.

Hobnobbing with Army who hold all the powers simply gives you the ILLUSION that you are in control.

How can any sane person wish for a civil war ? Do you even know what civil war means ?
Indians want to repeat 71 but won't happen.

How can any sane person wish for a civil war ? Do you even know what civil war means ?
Indians want to repeat 71 but won't happen.

Civil War is not a wish but is borne out necessity. When common man gets kicked around like football in political game, revolution is only option.

I agree with most of it but our military chose to be 'neutral' when there was a clear case of foreign intervention. Don't you think that's concerning ?

all i can say is the sharif clan are not liked. the army will not get involved unless they really have to. rank and file are pro IK. top brass wont go against that hence better to stay neutral.

In other words, you're advocating for the status quo and no change. What you said is what every Pak PM has been doing since Musharraf left. Not exactly an original idea.

most of the Pakistani people and Indians are clueless about whos to believe, its simple. IK and Bajwa playing Good Cop, Bad Cop , Thats all ......

Back