Salman Butt's Pakistan squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Salman Butt has revealed his squad for the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup to be held in June.

No Abrar Ahmed, WHY?

Aamer Jamal in for Abbas Afridi?

What do you think about this squad?

UlRJNY4.png

Salman Butt has revealed his squad for the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup to be held in June.

No Abrar Ahmed, WHY?

UlRJNY4.png
This dude's squad is as clueless as his denail fixing excuses he was making back in 2010

Surprised to see that he has selected Mohammad Amir. Well, conflicts aside, he has a good cricketing brain and has chosen solid players.

Don't see the point of Jamal and Rauf.

Too many bowling options already.

Surprised to see that he has selected Mohammad Amir. Well, conflicts aside, he has a good cricketing brain and has chosen solid players.
He has not.

Rauf has no business being in the squad over Ali.

Chacha has no business being in the squad over Agha.

No need for 3 keepers, Tayyab > Azam any day.

Haris is a must have for opening.

Usama mir has no business over Abrar

Salman Butt while speaking to a program on local channel said:

"Azam Khan and Haris Rauf are subject to injury. If announcements are to be made, it should be clearly stated that they are subject to injury. This clarity will allow players to start preparations against the opposition. Uncertainty about their selection is not conducive to the tournament. If replacements are necessary, it's beneficial. Therefore, I believe they should announce the squad."

Last edited:
Amir Jamal on what credentials? He hasnt performed yet in this format nor achieved anything significant in recent PSL. So a big no for Amir Jamal.

Aamer Jamal is more of a batter who should only bowl MAXUMUM 2 overs in T20's, he is just too wayward and gets tonked. He has a ton of potential, but should not be picked for this WC.

Usama Mir did show some brilliance in the last T20I game against NZ and was the reason we won that last game. But that being said, Abrar over Mir for sure.

He has not.

Rauf has no business being in the squad over Ali.

Chacha has no business being in the squad over Agha.

No need for 3 keepers, Tayyab > Azam any day.

Haris is a must have for opening.

Usama mir has no business over Abrar

Why Haris?

To utilise the powerplay, dude can hit pace but is poor against spin.
Just because he locks his feet and tries to play without much movement, this way you can only play pace but not spin, same thing happens with iftikhar too!

Just because he locks his feet and tries to play without much movement, this way you can only play pace but not spin, same thing happens with iftikhar too!
Theirs a difference, If haris is made to open he can utilise the PP cause his mindset Is to attack.

Chacha is useless from any and all angles. His reactions are extremely slow, he can't read wrist spin and frankly speaking he isn't a great hitter either.

Theirs a difference, If haris is made to open he can utilise the PP cause his mindset Is to attack.

Chacha is useless from any and all angles. His reactions are extremely slow, he can't read wrist spin and frankly speaking he isn't a great hitter either.
Yeah the way Saim is performing it would have been far better to utilize Haris as an opener. Even though I am not much convinced with the way he plays but still if he stays on the wicket at least it will get you somewhere without wasting deliveries.

Yeah the way Saim is performing it would have been far better to utilize Haris as an opener. Even though I am not much convinced with the way he plays but still if he stays on the wicket at least it will get you somewhere without wasting deliveries.
He can stay for 6 overs, after that his job is more or less done.

In the current decline in his form, it's due to his poor fitness and lack of game awareness. To be honest, he has not played against top sides frequently. But I'm sure in the New York battle against India, he will be useful for us in the death overs because he has a good record against India in T20Is.

In the current decline in his form, it's due to his poor fitness and lack of game awareness. To be honest, he has not played against top sides frequently. But I'm sure in the New York battle against India, he will be useful for us in the death overs because he has a good record against India in T20Is.
He was always poor against top sides. Its factual.

No Abrar Ahmed, WHY?

UlRJNY4.png
Abrar offers variety and is more of a mystery option than Usama which is why he is in.

Aamir Jamal will be a quality all rounder when fully polished but realistically he wasn't getting in the starting 11 due to conditions.

Abrar offers variety and is more of a mystery option than Usama which is why he is in.

Aamir Jamal will be a quality all rounder when fully polished but realistically he wasn't getting in the starting 11 due to conditions.
Abrar can only be utilized as a bowler but he is equally pathetic as a fielder and a batter so I will prefer not to add both Usama and Abrar in my playing 11.

Shadab and Imad can do the job effectively for Pakistan.

Abrar can only be utilized as a bowler but he is equally pathetic as a fielder and a batter so I will prefer not to add both Usama and Abrar in my playing 11.

Shadab and Imad can do the job effectively for Pakistan.
Its highly unlikely unless conditions demand at a particular venue to play another spinner that Abrar will play.

His chance might come against the lesser teams when one of the pacers are rested.

Salman Butt unleashed his anger on Babar Azam after the World Cup fiasco:

"The self-proclamation that one man (Babar Azam) is the 'King', the other (Shaheen Afridi) is the best bowler in the world; one is compared to Virat Kohli, the other is compared to Jasprit Bumrah, but can they win matches on their own?"

"Yes, they've touched the top of the ICC rankings at one point, but it's time to touch reality now,"

"The worst thing of social media nowadays it that you can run anything with a paid campaign,"

"It is necessary for the intelligent and important people in Pakistan cricket to stay away from such activities," he said further.

"First win a match, a big tournament, fight it out to win against a big team, finish a match single-handedly, then think what you want to proclaim,"

Salman Butt unleashed his anger on Babar Azam after the World Cup fiasco:

"The self-proclamation that one man (Babar Azam) is the 'King', the other (Shaheen Afridi) is the best bowler in the world; one is compared to Virat Kohli, the other is compared to Jasprit Bumrah, but can they win matches on their own?"

"Yes, they've touched the top of the ICC rankings at one point, but it's time to touch reality now,"

"The worst thing of social media nowadays it that you can run anything with a paid campaign,"

"It is necessary for the intelligent and important people in Pakistan cricket to stay away from such activities," he said further.

"First win a match, a big tournament, fight it out to win against a big team, finish a match single-handedly, then think what you want to proclaim,"
Lmao hypocrite, remind us the team you selected for the world cup? What was your preference?

Edit: Talking about Salman Butt

This guy needs to get exposed as well. He’s clearly on an agenda to defend Babar and Rizwan

Back