score thread 1st odi - Aus v R.O.W

DId Glen McGrath just flip off Kallis? Shouldn't he be punished if Shoaib was(to paul adams)?

Do u recall Osman's ultra sweet article on that incident????

Good laugh it was!

the true champion who plays from his heart is only Sanga. and if he stays on W XI will hopefully win. otherwise with all these selfish players around, there is no chance.

mulan said:
Murali been "subbed" for Afridi....

Wonder why not Shoaib?

Murali had bowled his ten overs, Shoaib still had overs left

You know who is good in a situation like this.......Inzi! He has bailed Pakistan out before in this situation, and in the same country!

No need to panic....plenty of Batting still to come, 4 batsmen left.

Big Mac said:
Murali had bowled his ten overs, Shoaib still had overs left
True...but he got subbed in the 43rd over... Shoaib didn't complete 10 overs anyway...and Pollock had other bowlers to use, including himself...

Why not wait till the end of the innings and do the subbing then...especially since Murli is not a fast bowler, and therefore don't need to "rest his feet"...

^ murali is old, with a bad shoulder and he can't throw. Afridi was fresh, and a great thrower, which meant pollock could have used him on the boundary.

murali was probably knackered, and just needed a massage....hence he asked pollock just sub me know.

alghazzali said:
I had hoped Afridi would open and blast away the Aussies.

not is australia...with the new ball swinging.

yk said:
not is australia...with the new ball swinging.

If the ball is swinging or not, it is only The Beast who decides if it should go for 6 or not.........Sorry too much bias.

I think Afridi would have played better than Sehwag, as the latter's form...what form?- Exactly.:p

yk said:
^ murali is old, with a bad shoulder and he can't throw. Afridi was fresh, and a great thrower, which meant pollock could have used him on the boundary.

murali was probably knackered, and just needed a massage....hence he asked pollock just sub me know.
With only 7 overs to go? Ai de mi! He could've stayed on....

Dravid gone, 75/4 and Pietersen walks out to bat

Only if they had Inzi we wouldn't be down 4 wickets for 70 odd!

ya old highlight, just came home and on cricinfo it says drinks but on Fox sports and on tensports they are showing foot ball and eng vs WI old match

Shez said:
Is anyone wathcing it in UAE?Help me!

Check some of the early pages, think someone gave a link to a winamp stream on page 3 or thereabout

mulan said:
With only 7 overs to go? Ai de mi! He could've stayed on....

it doesn't matter how many were left...murali had been on the field for 43 overs...didn't u hear sanjay say earlier, murali cannot throw from the boundary.

It makes sense to have a fresh player on the field during the slog overs.

mulan said:
Well, then maybe he shouldn't field on the boundary...

he wasn't, he was in the ring the whole 43 overs.

look admit it, afridi coming on for the last 7 overs was a good move.

It makes sense to have a fresh player on the field during the slog overs.
Why.....to fetch the ball at the ropes...?

what are the conditions out there??

is the ball swinging a lot?

mulan said:
Why.....to fetch the ball at the ropes...?

thats one of the attributes of fielding, chasing the ball to the boundary, trying to stop it from crossing the boundary.

afridi should have opened instead of that useless sehwag

anyone got a audio link

aussies have plenty of bowling options today with cameron white being in the side.

Shez said:
PLEASE Can anyone help with this??? DIDNt they sell global tv rights!:(

mate, why didn't u check whose showing it a few days ago, instead of panicking now? u shud have rang up the TV companies, if u didn't see any ads on their channels.

its called organisational skills.

How can you not like The Afridiiii?

thats one of the attributes of fielding, chasing the ball to the boundary, trying to stop it from crossing the boundary.
then Murli could've done that...you don't need your shoulder to run....and he can throw the ball back relay...

90/5 and that run-rate is climbing...

Go Aussies!!!

dm get ready to start the afridi thread hopefully he goes nuclear

Afridi is 'THE BEAST', he's a living legend......must be loved by every Pakistani fan!!!

Do u guys reckon pollock will come in before Afridi? I think Afridi shud come in next.

Dropped on purpose because he didn't wanna bowl at Afridi

yk said:
mate, why didn't u check whose showing it a few days ago, instead of panicking now? u shud have rang up the TV companies, if u didn't see any ads on their channels.

its called organisational skills.

This was very suprising b/c the every single series including ban vs Ind came either on tensports or fox sports. I am not sure y they r not showing this match in UAE as there r many aussies, pak/indo living here!

yk said:
Do u guys reckon pollock will come in before Afridi? I think Afridi shud come in next.
won't make any difference.if either 1of them comes in.

mulan said:
then Murli could've done that...you don't need your shoulder to run....and he can throw the ball back relay...

No, thats not practical, it would have wasted time and given away runs.

Only 3 wickets deserve credit in my opinion - Lara, Dravid and Pietersen. Sehwag gets himself out these days and Kallis would have slowed everything down further.

Shez said:
This was very suprising b/c the every single series including ban vs Ind came either on tensports or fox sports. I am not sure y they r not showing this match in UAE as there r many aussies, pak/indo living here!

It could be on pay per view. Something liek Pehla plus, wats that all about?

lol..cmon afridi and freddie..we need some fireworks..this shows that sunny and his SA mates got the selection wrong big time...!!..

watson has done well here that should secure his place in the test side

Back