Shakib Al Hasan Appreciation Thread

Taurus

Local Club Star
Runs
Post of the Week
How good is this guy? Five 5fers in Tests already; 2 vs SA, 1 apiece against SL, NZ and WI. Averaging 28 with the ball, has taken his wickets at a better average away than at home, and is also a talented batsman as well. If Bangladesh could produce a few more cricketers like Shakib they'd be a fantastic side - Shakib gives me hope for Bangladeshi cricket.

I am amazed by the no. of times Shakib Al Hasan has dragged his team out of a hole, both in batting and bowling. What a player! the other players must look at this great guy and learn from him. Only Mushfiqur comes close in terms of sheer talent and playing under pressure. And he is the captain for this match as well.

Shakib Al-Hasan should be made Captain And Mushfiqur Rahim Should be made Vice-Captain for till World Cup 2011 and as far as Mashrafe Mortaza is concered he is Fast Bowler its hard for him to be fit for every series and he is injury Prone bowler which can disturb team combination under His Leadership so i think it will be Wise Move to make Shakib Al-Hasan the captain and Mushfiqur Rahim to make VC .

wat u say guys ???

Ayyub said:
Shakib Al-Hasan should be made Captain And Mushfiqur Rahim Should be made Vice-Captain for till World Cup 2011 and as far as Mashrafe Mortaza is concered he is Fast Bowler its hard for him to be fit for every series and he is injury Prone bowler which can disturb team combination under His Leadership so i think it will be Wise Move to make Shakib Al-Hasan the captain and Mushfiqur Rahim to make VC .

wat u say guys ???

I'll inform the BCB chairman at once! :batman:

:p

According to the scorecard he is the captain in this test.

Whats more he is only 22 years of age.

Just to put his statistics into perspective, Shakib has five 5-fers in 21 innings! After 21 innings Murali had three 5-fers, Kumble had 4 and Warne had only one. A truly amazing feat. The way he batted shows he can deal with pressure. It reminded me of his hundred against Pakistan when Bangladesh where 3 down for 20-odd. He came in and guided Bangladesh to a respectable total. And now he takes Bangladesh from a bleak position to the verge of winning. Hopefully he will only get better.

Last edited:
List of bowlers who took 8 or more wickets in their captaincy debut Test match.
Code:
13/135 (7/91 & 6/44)  [B]Waqar Younis[/B]    Pak v Zim  Karachi      1993-94   W
11/90  (6/7  & 5/83)  AER Gilligan    Eng v SAf  Birmingham   1924      W
11/150 (5/63 & 6/87)  EP Nupen        SAf v Eng  Johannesburg 1930-31   W
10/78  (5/35 & 5/43)  GOB Allen       Eng v Ind  Lord’s       1936      W
 9/136 (7/52 & 2/84)  [B]Imran Khan[/B]      Pak v Eng  Birmingham   1982      L
 9/142 (3/41 & 6/101) RGD Willis      Eng v Ind  Lord’s       1982      W
 8/118 (4/45 & 4/73)  Kapil Dev       Ind v WI   Kingston     1982-83   L
 8/129 (3/59 & 5/70)  [B]Shakib Al Hasan[/B] BD  v WI   Grenada      2009      W

he is an amazing player. I forgot which commentator says it, but he continously calls him bangladesh's best player in all 3 forms of the game. The big thing for him will be to not go ahrafuls way though and remain consistent.

21 innings Murali had three 5-fers, Kumble had 4 and Warne had only one.
What about Kaneria?

Great start for him. I hope he continues it. Not just Bangladesh but World cricket will benefit (Bangladesh is not going anywhere so need good players)

Seems to be the 1 genuine world class player in the Bangla line up.

Already knew that he will be the next big thing for BD ,I infact recommend him as a captain 2 years ago.

He will be Bangladesh´s greatest ever player:19:!

really class player he is I love to watch him batting+bowling he's the man bangldesh relys on

I know he is a spinner but his sheer will to succeed is unmatched. He single handedly kept BD in contention in this series. It's like he proclaimed "over my dead body". He has history of groin problem. Yet in the first test (after missing a series and many domestic matches, tournament), he bowled 24 overs straigth from one end (When Mash went down). You guys all saw how he willed in the second test with the bat. Both He and Rokibul did not raise their bat after their 50s. That should say something about their intention. Personal achievements meant nothing unless they win the test and the series. He went in when the team was 67/4. Still 148 required with only 6 wickets in hand. The rest was history.

Aside from the tenacity, the urge to prove (even though already #1 in ODI) the best things I like is he has a level head. Humility is his middle name when one talks to him. And the best of the best thing I like is, he is educating himself. Has enrolled in an University. I think BD must have done something right to get a guy like this out of no where. Alhamdullillah.

He is my ONLY favourite cricketer from Bangladesh. Excellent all rounder..
I think he is also the first Bangladeshi batsman to score a century against Pakistan in an ODI..isn't it??

Looks a very exciting player indeed..Good for Bangladesh. Keep it up Shakib :14:

dani2k said:
Looks a very exciting player indeed..Good for Bangladesh. Keep it up Shakib :14:

Another good Talent produced by Pakistan ;-)

^^ What do you mean? He wasn't born in East Pakistan anyway?!

Could possibly be a mistake picking him as captain.

He is only young, and may not be able to cope with the pressure.
Considering he is by far the most talented player for Bangladesh, risking his performance by pressure from captaincy is a risk not worth taking.

What a Playa.
Skillful with both Bat and Ball . Always performs for his team as well as always rescues his team from dire situations.He is the best in the Bangladesh line-up and he also might become the greatest BD Player/All-rounder ever.I think he's too young for captaincy , this series might have been a easy one for him but when he leads BD against Top teams then the pressure might get to him and who knows what the pressure might do to his overall performance.In my opinion He'll be a better captaincy option in about 3 or 4 years then what he is currently.Brilliant Knock he played in the 2nd Innings , An innings worth watching :14:

Players who in their first Tests as captains won the toss and invited the opposition to bat first. The results at the end of the lines are from the perspective of their sides.

Code:
PS McDonnell     Aus v Eng  Sydney(1)      1886-87 L
G Giffen         Aus v Eng  Melbourne(2)   1894-95 L
EA Halliwell     SAf v Eng  Port Elizabeth 1895-96 L
GOB Allen        Eng v Ind  Lord’s         1936    W
FR Brown         Eng v NZ   Manchester     1949    D
[B]Fazal Mahmood    Pak v WI   Karachi        1958-59 W[/B]
RB Simpson       Aus v SAf  Melbourne      1963-64 W
IM Chappell      Aus v Eng  Sydney(7)      1970-71 L
KJ Hughes        Aus v Pak  Perth          1978-79 W
DL Murray        WI  v Aus  Brisbane       1979-80 D
IVA Richards     WI  v Eng  Leeds          1980    D
DS de Silva      SL  v NZ   Christchurch   1982-83 L
JJ Crowe         NZ  v SL   Colombo(CCC)   1986-87 D
K Srikkanth      Ind v Pak  Karachi        1989-90 D
A Ranatunga      SL  v Aus  Brisbane       1989-90 D
AJ Lamb          Eng v WI   Bridgetown     1989-90 L
IDS Smith        NZ  v SL   Auckland       1990-91 D
KC Wessels       SAf v WI   Bridgetown     1991-92 L
KR Rutherford    NZ  v Pak  Hamilton       1992-93 L
[B]Salim Malik      Pak v NZ   Auckland       1993-94 W[/B]
[B]Aamir Sohail     Pak v SAf  Johannesburg   1997-98 D[/B]
Rashid Latif     Pak v SAf  Port Elizabeth 1997-98 L
Moin Khan        Pak v Zim  Lahore         1998-99 D
DJ Nash          NZ  v SAf  Auckland       1998-99 D
BA Murphy        Zim v BD   Dhaka          2001-02 D
Khaled Mashud    BD  v NZ   Hamilton       2002-03 L
RD Jacobs        WI  v BD   Dhaka          2002-03 W
RR Sarwan        WI  v Eng  Lord’s         2007    D
[B]Shakib Al Hasan[/B]  BD  v WI   Grenada        2009    W
++ Murray, Smith, Murphy and Shakib (so far) captained their sides
only once in their Test careers.

Thanks for your two stats Jeerablade.

Also Shakib is currently worlds no. 1 ODI all rounder.

List of captains who scored the most runs and took most wickets for their sides in a Test match.
Code:
DStE Atkinson (WI)
219  & dnb   2/108 & 5/56  v Aus  Bridgetown       1954-55 D

JR Reid (NZ)
 28  & 40    3/68  & dnb   v WI   Christchurch     1955-56 L

RB Simpson (Aus)
 67  & 71    4/45  & dnb   v Ind  Calcutta         1964-65 D

GStA Sobers (WI)
174  & dnb   5/41  & 3/39  v Eng  Leeds            1966    W

BE Congdon (NZ)
132  & dnb   1/54  & 3/60  v Aus  Wellington       1973-74 D

[B]Mushtaq Mohammad (Pak)
121  & 56    5/28  & 3/69  v WI   Port-of-Spain(4) 1976-77 W

Imran Khan (Pak)
 22  & 65    7/52  & 2/84  v Eng  Birmingham       1982    L

Imran Khan (Pak)
 67* & 46    5/49  & 3/66  v Eng  Leeds            1982    L[/B]

Kapil Dev (Ind)
 69  &  0    4/91  & dnb   v WI   Calcutta         1983-84 L

A Flintoff (Eng)
 70  & 51    4/96  & dnb   v Ind  Mohali           2005-06 L

DL Vettori (NZ)
 55* & 76    5/59  & 4/74  v BD   Chittagong       2008-09 W

[B]Shakib Al Hasan (BD)[/B]
 16  & 96*   3/59  & 5/70  v WI   Grenada          2009    W

For Atkinson, Sobers and Mushtaq, their run and wicket totals for the match were the best for both sides combined.

The thing about Shakib is how he pulls the weight all on his own. He is virtually a one man team at times - you only have to look at the tour of South Africa where he registered a score of 96 against the brilliant pace attack, and also took two 5fers. He is a genuine all-rounder in every sense of the word and it's his boyish charm as much as his cricketing excellence that endears you to him. This guy is basically a KID by cricketing standards, and already he's standing up and performing against all sorts of sides with bat and ball. Already in his career he has been burdened with difficult odds; as soon as he gets ahead in one discipline he has to master something else, Shakib the bowler, Shakib the batsman and now Shakib the captain. But unlike other Bangladeshi cricketers who have talent, he has a method - a simple method, to play each ball without having to score a boundary off every one, to hit the same spot on the pitch, to play cricket from its simplest terms and to succeed in doing that. He is a very good player because he has talent in abundance, because he handles the pressure well and because he's a bloody hard worker. Already he's one of my favourite cricketers because all his achievements have come against the odds given the quality of side he plays in. There are some who would say playing in a poor side gives you more opportunities to stand-out, but I personally think it's much easier to 'see off' one quality opponent and make it much more difficult for talent to shine through. In Shakib Al-Hasan's case, he has performed again and again already in his fledgling career, and what's more he has done so in all forms of the game. Love the guy.

Century today against Zimbabwe. Off 63 deliveries. Fastest 100 by a Bangladeshi batsman.

Best ODI all rounder by over a 100 points.
Thats no mean feet.
Better bowler than a batsmen though

17 said:
Century today against Zimbabwe. Off 63 deliveries. Fastest 100 by a Bangladeshi batsman.
and takes 2 wickets.

Today's innings was the best I have seen by any BD player. Even better than Ash's 54 ball 94 against England at England. That field was small.

He had two drops, once at 59 and the other at 70 odd. easiest of easiest catches. But he made sure they would pay for that. His first few runs were very cautious. He scored first 15 runs of 21 deliveries. rest 89 came from 43. The real thrust came when he got felt pain (back) and wanted a runner. Utesa didn't allow siting that he would bowl 10 overs anyway. If he can bowl he can bat. Bowling spin (walking and then delivering) and running hard between the wickets are the same?

Then came the 6's and 4's. It rained abandantly all over the park.

I only pray that he don't over do himself and get sidelined.

Last edited:
BD-fan said:
Today's innings was the best I have seen by any BD player. Even better than Ash's 54 ball 94 against England at England. That field was small.

He had two drops, once at 59 and the other at 70 odd. easiest of easiest catches. But he made sure they would pay for that. His first few runs were very cautious. He scored first 15 runs of 21 deliveries. rest 89 came from 43. The real thrust came when he got felt pain (back) and wanted a runner. Utesa didn't allow siting that he would bowl 10 overs anyway. If he can bowl he can bat. Bowling spin (walking and then delivering) and running hard between the wickets are the same?

Then came the 6's and 4's. It rained abandantly all over the park.

I only pray that he don't over do himself and get sidelined.

Where did you see it?

He is a diamond in the rough.

I'm glad he is performing but he might be overburden in a team well below his class, a bit like Lara once Walsh and Ambrose retired.

Taurus said:
The thing about Shakib is how he pulls the weight all on his own. He is virtually a one man team at times - you only have to look at the tour of South Africa where he registered a score of 96 against the brilliant pace attack, and also took two 5fers. He is a genuine all-rounder in every sense of the word and it's his boyish charm as much as his cricketing excellence that endears you to him. This guy is basically a KID by cricketing standards, and already he's standing up and performing against all sorts of sides with bat and ball. Already in his career he has been burdened with difficult odds; as soon as he gets ahead in one discipline he has to master something else, Shakib the bowler, Shakib the batsman and now Shakib the captain. But unlike other Bangladeshi cricketers who have talent, he has a method - a simple method, to play each ball without having to score a boundary off every one, to hit the same spot on the pitch, to play cricket from its simplest terms and to succeed in doing that. He is a very good player because he has talent in abundance, because he handles the pressure well and because he's a bloody hard worker. Already he's one of my favourite cricketers because all his achievements have come against the odds given the quality of side he plays in. There are some who would say playing in a poor side gives you more opportunities to stand-out, but I personally think it's much easier to 'see off' one quality opponent and make it much more difficult for talent to shine through. In Shakib Al-Hasan's case, he has performed again and again already in his fledgling career, and what's more he has done so in all forms of the game. Love the guy.

shakib is indeed a *kid*. a couple of years ago, on some overseas tour, he and mushfiq were sitting in the hotel room with markers and paper drawing cartoons!

i had the pleasure of meeting shakib very briefly last week in St Kitts. very down to earth fellow. when we asked to take pictures with him, he said "of course we can take pictures,". some of the other BD players seemed less enthused to chit chat with the fans.

when we asked him what he was going to do with all those Blackberry cell phones he got from Digicel, his answer was simply "one is for my dad, one is for my sister...and I'm keeping the other one."

very childlike young man, but highly intelligent and responsible based on interviews and his captaincy/on-field play.

truly a godsend for Bangladesh, and i think his lack of innate "talent," unlike many of the other BD players(who have talent oozing from every orifice, yet lack the common cricketing sense of a 15 year old youth league player), is what keeps him head and shoulders above any of his teammates thus far.

His best Test knock till date even if he doesn't get the century. Well played Shakib! If only he had more support from the other batsmen we would be registering our first victory against a Top 7 side in Test cricket.

Last edited:
And he has got it! Maiden Test century for Shakib Al Hasan and fully deserved. Justice has been served after he was cheated off a hundred in the first innings. Well played Shakib.

Who dig out this thread ? Equinox..u have spoken a lil to early dude..should have stay quiet and let Shakib bat us to victory...guess not gonna happen then =(

Sportinglife: SHAKIB SPINS PEARS TO STUNNING WIN>>

From bottom of the table to within touching distance of promotion. Shakib Al Hasan has transformed Worcestershire's fortunes. 35 wickets at 21.65 this season. Career best figures today. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Not bad for the first Bangladeshi playing county cricket.

Last edited:
he is a quality player. I rate him just behind Swann (no 1) as a spinner and ahead of Hauritz. I thin Hasan, Vettori, Ajmal are = no 2. I think Harbajan is no good away from home and is living off past glories. harbhajan is not a warrior with heart like Kumble was.

Hasan bats about as well as vettori (decent test no 6/7) I think. Better than Ajmal (good test no 8).

He is a quality player who would make most test line ups (better than Hauritz, Harris, Harbajan, Benn, Mendis etc)

Just to put his statistics into perspective, Shakib has five 5-fers in 21 innings! After 21 innings Murali had three 5-fers, Kumble had 4 and Warne had only one. A truly amazing feat. The way he batted shows he can deal with pressure. It reminded me of his hundred against Pakistan when Bangladesh where 3 down for 20-odd. He came in and guided Bangladesh to a respectable total. And now he takes Bangladesh from a bleak position to the verge of winning. Hopefully he will only get better.

Well.. the other way of looking at it is there are no other bowlers in the team who are capable of taking wickets at all.. so obviously a quality bowler will take more 5 fors..

The real quality of a test bowler is his strike rate.. and i don't think that he deserve to be in the league of murali, kumble or warne.. murali and warne started very poorly but went on to achieve greatness and many people who start off exceptionally eventually became mediocre cricketers.. I am not undermining sakib's talent.. along with tamin he is the back bone of bangladesh.. however to compare him with shane and murali is a crime..

If there is someone who started off exceptionally and went on deliver the early promise is waqar. Many would rate wasim as the best bowler however waqar is the most destructive bowler ever.

he is a quality player. I rate him just behind Swann (no 1) as a spinner and ahead of Hauritz. I thin Hasan, Vettori, Ajmal are = no 2. I think Harbajan is no good away from home and is living off past glories. harbhajan is not a warrior with heart like Kumble was.

Hasan bats about as well as vettori (decent test no 6/7) I think. Better than Ajmal (good test no 8).

He is a quality player who would make most test line ups (better than Hauritz, Harris, Harbajan, Benn, Mendis etc)

Completely agree with your take.. There are no quality spinners today.. and I would not rate swan as a great spinner as well.. but he is ahead of the rest today.. in fact ajmal is better than hauritz, vettori and Harbajan.. vettori would not have made it in to the test team of india, pak or sri lanka.. he has those figures as there is no other spinning talent in NZL.. his figures in unfavorable conditions and oppositions are pathetic..

Completely agree with your take.. There are no quality spinners today.. and I would not rate swan as a great spinner as well.. but he is ahead of the rest today.. in fact ajmal is better than hauritz, vettori and Harbajan.. vettori would not have made it in to the test team of india, pak or sri lanka.. he has those figures as there is no other spinning talent in NZL.. his figures in unfavorable conditions and oppositions are pathetic..

I agree right now (post Murali/Warne/Kumble) is a low point for spinners. I have given vettori/harbajan some points simply for longevity/consistency.

Personally I have seen Vettori do well against oz but this is just a perception, I have not seen any stats or checled thoroughly his records. he just looks "good" (not great) to me.

@ Ajithrocks I do not put Hasan in that Warne/Kimble league yet, no, no. But the lad has a start and I would be pleased to see him do well. I think he will finish as a good, mid table spinner, world standrad but not all time great, but I admire him and his play and his attitude for bangladesh. I like him.

Would walk into the Pak team (any format of the game), some Pak fans with politicial issues with Bangladesh from 1971 would simply laugh or disagree with this view :yk

Just to clarify I wasn't comparing him with Murali/Warne/Kumble. He won't get anywhere near their records. He won't play enough Test matches anyway. I was just putting his stats into perspective. In this day and age where young spinners struggle badly at the start of their careers his stats are exceptional for a 23 year old.

After the recent Bangladesh and New Zealand series it again highlighted how seriously talented Shakib is. Both with bat and ball he is a genuine all rounder and his figures place him amongst the best in the shorter format of the game.

In ODIS he is currently averaging 34 with the bat and 29 with the ball which is bettering :afridi in both skills.

He will never get the plaudits of an Afridi or a Kallis but I feel that he definately deserves recognition as a top class ODI all rounder.

shakib lost my respect a bit during the world cup, he did not take west indies very seriously and that cost bangladesh.

but it is good to see he is getting his form back in ipl. hopefully bangladesh will whitewash zimbabwe in the upcoming series.

Shakib is gonna be a legend!

He is Afridi with brains

The second line is not necessary. Please do not open a pandoras box here when we already have thread/s unncessarily comparing the two of them.

Good to see him perform yesterday. If Morgan would be there he probably wouldnt be in the starting XI but made good use of his oppoturnity. Hope he gets more matches !

Very unprofessional guy.

I won't say too much at this stage, but really disappointing attitude and a total lack of professionalism.

Very unprofessional guy.

I won't say too much at this stage, but really disappointing attitude and a total lack of professionalism.

lol

what did he do?

he is a very humble guy usually

Seems like a shareef guy on the TV :))

Need to bear in mind that he is probably used to fans getting in his face in Bangladesh all the time. Those guys are fanatics so hes probably got a bit of an attitude problem after dealing with with people in such a climate.

Very unprofessional guy.

BCB isn't the only one producing unprofessional cricketers then!

& what did he do that was so bad?

& what stage will you say more. I want to know about this dark horse.

Very unprofessional guy.

I wonder what brought this on. Is it your personal experience or the events that have unfolded recently between him and the BCB? Tbh he's not my favourite cricketer anymore and I don't rate him as a leader. He is a good on-field captain but to be a leader you need to have the complete package.

Very unprofessional guy.

Would love to know what has brought this up Saj bhai.

Shakib has been letting success get into his head, unfortunately. Captain of the team, IPL contract, county -- and the only Bangladeshi player to reach such heights.... sad if he forgets to keep his feet on the ground.

Would love to know what has brought this up Saj bhai.

Shakib has been letting success get into his head, unfortunately. Captain of the team, IPL contract, county -- and the only Bangladeshi player to reach such heights.... sad if he forgets to keep his feet on the ground.

And it's inevitable that there will be more players, Bangladeshi who will climb over him and his modest records in time. He won't be respected in hindsight even statistically unless he remains humble.

^Indeed. Its just in such a short time he has seen so much success, also began featuring in a lot of ads... He is just human after all. The problem is the heights he has reached, hasnt been experienced by other current/ex Bangladeshi players. So he has no one with whom he can relate to that can tell him about being humble. I am not finding excuses for him since if you are unprofessional you dont deserve being excused, its just trying to put ourself in his shoes.

Also it would be better if Saj bhai informs us what exactly he did for being called unprofessional.

Shakib is not a very likable character, yes he may be the second best player Bangladesh have ever produced after Ashraful. But, he shouldn't act so arrogant towards others. He is demanding way too much power, now he wants power in team selection. Because his best friend rockbull flop didn't get selected he is showing his disappointment.

Our new Coach Stuart Law arrived in Dhaka and Shakib decided to skip the 1st and 2nd meeting, he simply sent a txt message but later was asked to send an official letter for his absence of leave. He showed up two days after, but was too late as the news came out that he was busy shooting for a commercial ad :facepalm: hence skipped the meeting. Right now we don't have better players than Shakib so he's controlling everything and got the stupid public behind him. He can be a good politician, no doubt about that.

Below is a direct post from our previous bowling Coach Ian Pont. There's a hint about our players unprofessional ism.

"You will forgive me if I do not attempt to unintentionally assassinate any player by name. But suffice to say that people's attitudes often change when they feel they are untouchable. What I mean by that is it is natural for a player, the more he feels safe in a side, to become 'changed' in his idea of self-importance. It is usually less mature players that get affected more greatly as they think they are able to be undroppable and therefore able to act pretty much as they wish without much comeback.

Certain players can also avoid doing the things expected of international cricketers to train hard, work hard and go the extra mile. After all, if you are a vital member of the team then the team needs you regardless of what you might do off the field or say.

What I like about players like Strauss, Tendulkar, Kallis, Lee, etc, is they remain humble and grateful for their opportunities and skills. They continually strive to be excellent. They are role models and mature players who rarely step out of line deliberately or try to cause a fuss. This of course then influences other players in their sides to be the same, meaning you have a team that builds from within, driven by the good things that make sides great, and by an inbuilt need to be the best they can. This is my guess as to what Stuart Law is hoping the Bangladesh players will do or are able to do."

Last edited:
@Ashraful_Rox --- Is Shakib not the greatest ever cricketer produced by Bangladesh?

Even by world cricket standards, he is a very good player, bowls and bats very decently and has stats to back them up. At least, I have no doubt in mind that he is your best ever player. I never found him to be rude on the cricket field.
On a different note --- Md.Ashraful has wasted all his talent, he used to enjoy is batting but mostly that enjoyment lasted only for very short while. With his talent, could have been one of the better batsmen in world cricket but sadly he did not fulfill his potential at all. Had so many strokes was a brilliant all round stroke maker but with a very fragile temperament. A very sorry case, you can say he is a bit like Carl Hooper of Bangladesh, though Hooper did play well towards his later years. Like promised much but delivered very less.

@Ashraful_Rox --- Is Shakib not the greatest ever cricketer produced by Bangladesh?

Even by world cricket standards, he is a very good player, bowls and bats very decently and has stats to back them up. At least, I have no doubt in mind that he is your best ever player. I never found him to be rude on the cricket field.
On a different note --- Md.Ashraful has wasted all his talent, he used to enjoy is batting but mostly that enjoyment lasted only for very short while. With his talent, could have been one of the better batsmen in world cricket but sadly he did not fulfill his potential at all. Had so many strokes was a brilliant all round stroke maker but with a very fragile temperament. A very sorry case, you can say he is a bit like Carl Hooper of Bangladesh, though Hooper did play well towards his later years. Like promised much but delivered very less.

Shakib is the best player Bangladesh ever produced, yes you are right my friend. But read the entire post, he is actually growing with arrogance with his success. These are only just a few incidents which I have mentioned, not talking about other fiascos which happened during the world cup.

Ashraful is a gone case, he needs time out of cricket for another 2-3 years, I was a bit :asif when I said Shakib was 2nd best, he's still the best we have produced. But he needs to be humble like Sachin, Strauss, Kallis, Lee etc as Ian Pont mentioned.

He tasted success at an early age, also he knows he won't be dropped as there is no replacement so taking advantage to the max.

Last edited:
Shakib is the best player Bangladesh ever produced, yes you are right my friend. But read the entire post, he is actually growing with arrogance with his success. These are only just a few incidents which I have mentioned, not talking about other fiascos which happened during the world cup.

Ashraful is a gone case, he needs time out of cricket for another 2-3 years, I was a bit :asif when I said Shakib was 2nd best, he's still the best we have produced. But he needs to be humble like Sachin, Strauss, Kallis, Lee etc as Ian Pont mentioned.

Oh ok -- Because, I was a bit shocked, thought am I missing anyone which slipped my memory:)

Agree, Shakib needs to be humble. Even, if you are a star player, you cannot dictate selection policies and rub your interests on other players.

Shakib is twice the player Misbah is in ODIs, should take fine finishing lessons from Dhoni now he should have held more strike in the end but anyway he has proved himself to be a good finisher.

For finishing, reliability
Shakib > Misbah, pinch hitting flukers

What say you?

Shakib :shakib never disappoints...He is 1 of the bests'.....Hope he does well in the Asia Cup Series...:D

How good is this guy? Five 5fers in Tests already; 2 vs SA, 1 apiece against SL, NZ and WI. Averaging 28 with the ball, has taken his wickets at a better average away than at home, and is also a talented batsman as well. If Bangladesh could produce a few more cricketers like Shakib they'd be a fantastic side - Shakib gives me hope for Bangladeshi cricket.

What about his captaincy? The best Bangladeshi captain I've ever seen.

wat u say guys ???

Spot on!
I'll inform the BCB chairman at once! :batman:

:p

ASAP.

Been a huge fan of him since day one. A real fighter, a shame he doesn't have more support around him.

Back