Shakib Al Hasan Appreciation Thread

Just to put his statistics into perspective, Shakib has five 5-fers in 21 innings! After 21 innings Murali had three 5-fers, Kumble had 4 and Warne had only one. A truly amazing feat. The way he batted shows he can deal with pressure. It reminded me of his hundred against Pakistan when Bangladesh where 3 down for 20-odd. He came in and guided Bangladesh to a respectable total. And now he takes Bangladesh from a bleak position to the verge of winning. Hopefully he will only get better.

Atlast, people started to praise/flatter about Bangladesh......for the sake of Shakib.
That's really good to see. Hope it can prolong.

Been a huge fan of him since day one. A real fighter, a shame he doesn't have more support around him.

..........???????????????
People here are just insane for him. Even the cricket haters are after him.

Nasir and Shakib needs coaching from Kohli, they need to have winning mentality and play out medium fast bowlers, getting out to Gul in crucial stage was criminal.

Good all round effort but a win is all we needed. Inshallah, one day, one day. :(

AR bhai, things are on the rise only. This BPL will help Bangla Cricket immensely, master stroke from you guys. Victories will come, just have patience. You're almost ready :)

Nasir and Shakib needs coaching from Kohli, they need to have winning mentality and play out medium fast bowlers, getting out to Gul in crucial stage was criminal.
Good all round effort but a win is all we needed. Inshallah, one day, one day. :(

Lols when on song no batsman in world can keep out Gul's yorker (Hussey, Dhoni, Lara, you name it) so it was only a matter of time before he got it right today.

Moving on to Shakib:

This guy is a world class player. I have watched his batting closely of late and he can attack any bowler he want and can produce the boundary shots when ever needed.

If Bangadesh can get another player like Nasir and with Shakib already there, Bangladesh can become a very fine side.

Why 1 day? Inshallah this tournament.
By the way, don't take the name of.....

Lols when on song no batsman in world can keep out Gul's yorker (Hussey, Dhoni, Lara, you name it) so it was only a matter of time before he got it right today.

Moving on to Shakib:

This guy is a world class player. I have watched his batting closely of late and he can attack any bowler he want and can produce the boundary shots when ever needed.

If Bangadesh can get another player like Nasir and with Shakib already there, Bangladesh can become a very fine side.

Salam IAJ bhai, Gul is a world class bowler no doubt. My apologies for that comment, it's just that looking at that scorecard and seeing at one stage both were cruising and hence the collapse.

Thanks for the encouraging words, being a Bangladeshi fan is like watching Kal Ho Na Ho million times. Yes, Shakib being Shahrukh khan and dying at the end.

Salam IAJ bhai, Gul is a world class bowler no doubt. My apologies for that comment, it's just that looking at that scorecard and seeing at one stage both were cruising and hence the collapse.

Thanks for the encouraging words, being a Bangladeshi fan is like watching Kal Ho Na Ho million times. Yes, Shakib being Shahrukh khan and dying at the end.

:))):)):)))

Shakib has always been world class.
I just wonder if his cricketing upbringing was in a stronger set up how good he would have been

Well played boy...an extremely good cricketer stuck in the wrong team

Just don't understand you people's mind. Shakib is the man to uplift BD, and he's doing the right thing.
He's not fallen in the wrong team.

Last edited:
Just don't understand you people's mind. Shakib is the man to uplift BD, and he's doing the right thing.
He's not fallen in the wrong team.

well one cricketer can not uplift a team IMO, you need support from at least 3 more cricketers and i dont see anybody around Shakib who can give him that support

now if shakib was from say Australia and was in the team in place of Xavier Dorthy imagine what Australia could have gained

Shakib would have been a lot well off if he had been in a team like Pak,Ind or even Aus....

Last edited:
Best all-rounder in the world no doubt. He needs to move up to number 4 for Bangladesh. If he had faced a few more deliveries today BD would have won comfortably.

Best all-rounder in the world no doubt. He needs to move up to number 4 for Bangladesh. If he had faced a few more deliveries today BD would have won comfortably.

I would say one of the best but not the best

He, Watson Afridi are 3 of the rare genuine all rounders in World Cricket today

3 of them are different in their own rights

Comparing them just wont do the justice

Shakib is an exceptional talent. Rarely makes mistake while batting, can shift gears with ease. Has a bright future ahead of him.

I love Shakib, for some reason I have never got around to posting in this thread but I did express my appreciation for him in other threads in the past. He's a fantastic player with both bat and ball, excellent temperament. It's depressing to see many here on PP try to downplay his abilities, if he were Pakistani I'm sure they would love him. I wish him the very best, great innings from him today, wish him many many more in the future. Superb player.

Afridi not in the league of the other two as a batsman, really. Watson and Shakib are two of the best in the world.

Afridi is one of the best limited overs spinners, if not the best.

Shakib is much much better than :afridi & Watson. No doubt.

Been always a fan, terrific player indeed :shakib Getting runs in tests and ODIs an attack of Gul, Ajmal and Afridi is no mean feat.

HashimAmlaFan, quit trolling please.

Shakib is much much better than :afridi & Watson. No doubt.

i was going to say on what basis you say this?..i didn't even say afridi or watson is better then Shakib but 3 of them are great in their own rights..but then i saw your post bellow and see no point taking to you if you are that of a blind fan

Correction.
The best cricketer 'world of cricket' has produced yet!

According to stats, he is indeed better than Afridi. Shakib averages 34.96 with the bat and 28.58 with the ball in ODIs. Compare this to Afridi who averages 23.64 with the bat and 33.13 with the ball which is pretty mediocre if you look at it. And Shakib is still topping the allrounders list in both formats I'm guessing.

I wasn't jinxing. That is the phattuest thing a fan can do. Hopefully he gets out soon though :p

A good county or Aussie shield team should pick him up, will do him a great favour. Guy's got some talent.

He already plays for Worcs, he would probably play for Notts this year.

Class act, when there are players to support, the lad unleashes his true potential.

Should've got another 50 today but in the end got the well-deserved MoM. Shakib, Mushfiq, Tamim, Nasir and with guys like Mominul and Anamul being groomed the future is bright for Bangladesh.

This guy's best quality is Never say die attitude and always 100% for his team which is a very endearing quality.

Unquestionnably the best Allrounder in the T20 world. No.1 in tests, no.1 in ODIs, and now showing his class in T20s

He is the best batsman in their team. :14:

Id give that Label to tamim because tamim can play all types of cricket shot and he was looking on great touch today, got out on an unlucky way.....but shakib is way more consistant and can really handle the pressure which tamim simply CANT

I would say he is the best allrounder in the game right now. Great batting, good bowling and an awesome feilder.

Shakib belongs in the big leagues. Clearly one of the few BAN players who looks world class. But why do I get the feeling that he gets a little cocky at times. His body language suggests so. That could be his only weakness at this time. If he has his head pinned to the ground, he is sure to taste more success.

Very good cricketer in all formats.

He's really matured and improved as a cricketer also.

It's a shame some of his team mates don't give him the support on the field that he needs.

awesome attitude. Gul like a brainless idiot sledges him. Shakib smiles and hits him for two fours.

Superb Allround cricketer. The perfect allrounder much like Kallis, Watson though playing for a horribly weak team.

When are England poaching him????

SAH is a badass, him and Tamim are the only Bangaldeshi's that look like they were meant to wear white shirts. He had hard time as a captain but since giving it up his game's improved steadily.

Played well today but most of our team bowled like a bunch of lulloos. Definitely not 'unquestionably the best all rounder in T20 cricket' as claimed above by an excitable Bengali

Played well today but most of our team bowled like a bunch of lulloos. Definitely not 'unquestionably the best all rounder in T20 cricket' as claimed above by an excitable Bengali

Edit: Most of our pacers are lulloos :dinda

Can we give Shakib Pakistani citizenship and play him in our team?

That lad is an amazing player and wasting his talent in a highly mediocre team..

He's still just 25 years old, with about 10-12 years likely remaining in his career. I hope for his sake that Bangladesh manage to improve significantly in that period, so he has the opportunity to use his individual talent to win major tournaments. It would be a shame for him to keep playing so well, only for his team to keep losing year after year.

Shakib should get a Pakistani or Indian passport

All-rounder, Shakib Al Hassan should get a Pakistani or Indian passport and play internationally for Pakistan or India! With a good team, he has the potential to become the most explosive match winner cricket has ever seen.

Such talent is going to waste if one sticks with a team like Bangladesh, and with their current form and no leadership or direction from BCB, there isn't much hope for this team for the next few years.

Shakib would be better off getting a Pakistani or Indian passport and bringing his talents to the next level!

man i feel for this guy! i would take him anytime in my team! BD runied his effort all the time! He is the player every team in the world would take him without thinking!!

L O L ! Indian n pakistani fans are making fun of English team for their migrated player !if they could,they take more than England! But problem for them is nobody will prefer them over England or Australia.

What a insult that would be to the country that taught him how to play cricket and whose people love this guy to bits

Thankfully, he will never do it

No, Shakib should remain a Bangladeshi and entertain his people..however he should play regularly in IPL or any well paying league.. to make the money that he is capable of..and so truly deserves..

What a insult that would be to the country that taught him how to play cricket and whose people love this guy to bits

Thankfully, he will never do it

Agree,
But....... he should not think about India if Dhoni is captain. pathetic handler of any type of bowling. somehow manages his spinners and gets undeserved credit for 'managing his weak resources'.
Don't remember Indian bowling get criticised in every match under Ganguly /Dravid.

Agree,
But....... he should not think about India if Dhoni is captain. pathetic handler of any type of bowling. somehow manages his spinners and gets undeserved credit for 'managing his weak resources'.
Don't remember Indian bowling get criticised in every match under Ganguly /Dravid.
Why so match hate for Dhoni?

As a neutral cricket lover, I see him as one of the best cricketer who won two world cups for his country. Other day I was reading some Indian fans comments who were so angry at him want him to quit captaincy.

Is it Dhoni's fault if India can't find good bowlers?

An extremely good player by Bangladeshi standards. 5 wickets so far in this innings.

Unquestionnably the best Allrounder in the T20 world. No.1 in tests, no.1 in ODIs, and now showing his class in T20s

lol Don't get too carried away. Even I'm a Bangla fan and won't go as far as saying that. How many games has Shakib played against the likes of Australia and South Africa and performed away?

He's a good player and top 3 all-rounders currently but certainly not the best in all forms like you say :))

One man army are Bangladesh, thanks to him.

I thought Tamim Iqbal was a good shout as well, having caught him in England once a few summers ago, but he seems to have faded away since.

Banned for 3 matches. Comes back and performs like the top all rounder that he is.

A few more balls and today we could have seen perhaps two quickest fifties in ODIs.

That Afridi have spoiled his figures but he was involved in spoiling the figures of the worlds best spinner currently.

Good batsman. Good bowler. Excellent fielder. Shakib al Hasan -- a world class all rounder!

His favourite team is Pakistan so no surprises. What Bangladesh seriously needs are quality pacers otherwise those heartbreaks for its fans will continue. No way Pakistan could've chased that against the likes of England, Australia and South Africa.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Match winning performance from Shakib Al Hasan in <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23banvafg&src=hash">#banvafg</a> at the opening game of the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wt20&src=hash">#wt20</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TwitterMirror&src=hash">#TwitterMirror</a> <a href="http://t.co/Q2Eg5XWeJi">pic.twitter.com/Q2Eg5XWeJi</a></p>— ICC (@ICC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ICC/statuses/445176284281184257">March 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bangladesh need more players of his caliber. If they can find at least three more players of his level then they can potentially become the No.7 ranked team.

Why did they hand him the entire World t20 trophy because he took 3 wickets and 10/11 runs :))

Bangladesh need more players of his caliber. If they can find at least three more players of his level then they can potentially become the No.7 ranked team.

4 shakibs! We will be a top 4 team then :D

Back