Sincere Pakistan cricket fans should boycott this regime

When Pakistan win the WC, Babar and Ris will carry both Imad and Amir off the pitch on their shoulders :yk3

I am deeply disturbed by the recent events that have unfolded in Pakistan cricket. The way the current PCB regime is operating will discourage the players who are putting in the hard yards in domestic cricket.

Mohammad Amir, notwithstanding his criminal past, turned his back on Pakistan cricket four years and has since then done nothing except produce mediocre performances in the PSL and has not bothered to play other domestic competitions.

In the recently concluded PSL, he wasn’t even among the top 5 Pakistani pacers. He has done absolutely nothing to warrant selection.

He wouldn’t have taken his retirement back if he wasn’t given assurances by the PCB that he will be playing at the World Cup. His selection is a slap in the face of bowlers like Mohammad Ali, Abbas Afridi, Mir Hamza and Hassan Ali who all bowled better than him in the PSL, toil in domestic cricket and haven’t turned their back on Pakistan cricket.

Similarly, Imad retired from international cricket for his own selfish interests and now he has taken his retirement back after getting assurances from PCB over his place in the World Cup team because the timing suits him.

There is no league cricket around at the moment other than the IPL and the World Cup will start as soon as the IPL ends. When the World Cup is over, he will retire from international cricket again or he will retire as soon as he find a better opportunity elsewhere.

His selection is a slap in the face for Mehran Mumtaz who works hard in domestic cricket and is eager to represent Pakistan.

He slept through the entire league phase of the PSL and based on a couple of games, PCB decided to bend over backwards to appease him even though he made it clear that he is retired from international cricket.

It seems that the concept of retirement means nothing to Pakistani players, PCB and the fans.

Amir and Imad are acting as if they have done Pakistan cricket a huge favor and will peddle the narrative that they have taken retirement back to “serve” Pakistan cricket, but the reality is that they are looking after their own interests.

Playing for Pakistan cricket right now has no opportunity cost because there is no cricket going on elsewhere until the World Cup and the chance to play a World Cup and have a paid trip to USA is too attractive for them to decline.

Their corpses have risen from their coffins not because they want to help and serve Pakistan cricket but because they are looking after their own interests.

They have put themselves above Pakistan cricket in the past and they will continue to do so in the future.

PCB have sent a clear message to domestic performers that they have no faith in them and would rather negotiate with retired players, criminals and selfish players who couldn’t care less about Pakistan cricket.

If you are a domestic player why would you want to play for Pakistan in such an environment.

I humbly request all self-respective and sincere supporters and stakeholders of Pakistan cricket to boycott Pakistan cricket as long as the current regime is in power because the betterment and long-term future of Pakistan cricket is not their priority.

Every cricket board is powered by the public. They hold all the cards and if the masses boycott Pakistan cricket, everything will be taken care of and this terror regime will crash and burn in no time.

Personally speaking, I am officially boycotting Pakistan cricket as long as Amir, Imad, Wahab are involved, Masood remains Test captain and the current PCB Chairman is in power.

It is not possible for me to support and even watch Pakistan cricket matches in these circumstances.

This is fine but what I don’t get is you’ve been the biggest critic of Rauf, Naseem Shah and perhaps even Hasan Ali.

I may have even seen you praise Amir in his retirement.

It’s puzzling the sudden change of heart.

Shouldn’t you be celebrating, e.g. Amir in, Rauf out 🤔

Ah yes,

The data analyst will find that the last 5 overs are only important for Pakistan and not the rest of the world.

The same data analyst will find that the first 6 overs can be taken casually by Pakistan whereas the rest of the world will not take them casually.

This is the remedy for success, amazing analysis by the data analyst.

We are not the rest of the World, things work different in Pakistan in all aspects of life.

Your argument would make sense if it was true however even Afghanistan has a higher PP score but it doesn't make them a better team. The PP is not the end all, it's a 20 over format.

We are not the rest of the World, things work different in Pakistan in all aspects of life.

Your argument would make sense if it was true however even Afghanistan has a higher PP score but it doesn't make them a better team. The PP is not the end all, it's a 20 over format.
Yes and that’s the reason we are always 10 years behind how other teams are advancing in every format

Keep making excuses to not work hard or match the top standards set by the best teams. Continue to be satisfied and pleased with your mediocre state. Then don’t complain when you have to bring back guys like Imad and Amir out of desperation.

Yes and that’s the reason we are always 10 years behind how other teams are advancing in every format

Keep making excuses to not work hard or match the top standards set by the best teams. Continue to be satisfied and pleased with your mediocre state. Then don’t complain when you have to bring back guys like Imad and Amir out of desperation.

Come on Rana, you have elite observation. You very well know that Pakistan’s deteriorating condition is due to lack of stability. That is the obvious and we cannot be compared to the rest of the World. We can only match top playing standards once we have top governance and management standards.

How can you make an argument about working hard when you're advocating the return of Amir and Imad. How hard have they worked? It's killing merit and is a slap on the face of all cricketers turmoiling in domestics. You're endorsing something that is the complete opposite of what the rest of the World would do.

No one in their right mind is desperate for the return if Amir and Imad. We've done very well without them

Yes, he was halfway there to his 50, which Babar has never crossed against India in ODIs
“Imad was removed as captain after winning the PSL the previous year”

“Babar has never scored an ODI fifty vs India”

I love how Imad fans lie with confidence.

This is fine but what I don’t get is you’ve been the biggest critic of Rauf, Naseem Shah and perhaps even Hasan Ali.

It is very simple.

Amir ran away from international cricket like a coward. He made it abundantly clear that he was not interested in playing for Pakistan.

In the recently concluded PSL, he was bang average and got out bowled by several local bowlers.

What is the logic behind going back in time and begging a clearly washed up, disinterested Amir to play for Pakistan? Just go with the bowlers, good or bad, that are willing to play for Pakistan and will continue to prioritize Pakistan cricket over franchise cricket which Amir will never do.

“Imad was removed as captain after winning the PSL the previous year”

“Babar has never scored an ODI fifty vs India”

I love how Imad fans lie with confidence.
Making honest mistakes and changing allegiance every other year to your beliefs for reasons better known are two separate things

Come on Rana, you have elite observation. You very well know that Pakistan’s deteriorating condition is due to lack of stability. That is the obvious and we cannot be compared to the rest of the World. We can only match top playing standards once we have top governance and management standards.

How can you make an argument about working hard when you're advocating the return of Amir and Imad. How hard have they worked? It's killing merit and is a slap on the face of all cricketers turmoiling in domestics. You're endorsing something that is the complete opposite of what the rest of the World would do.

No one in their right mind is desperate for the return if Amir and Imad. We've done very well without them

There is no such thing as hard work.

There is only winners and losers.

Winners are Fakhar, Amir and Afridi , Imad etc.

Losers are Babar and Rizwan etc.

Simple as that.

I don’t think Babar and Rizwan have fans such as this, completely dismissive of reality.

Babar is criticized for his slow batting and mediocre captaincy, even by his most ardent fans.

Rizwan aswell for his show-man theatrics nowadays and for not having improved even the slightest in terms of strike-rate.

However, Imad Wasim’s fans have completely forgotten how awful he has been at international level and somehow elevate their hero to the same status as two cricketers who have actually won a lot of games for their country.

Imad has the same stats as Nawaz, who no one wants to see in the team. He has as many match-winning performances as Nawaz, who no one wants to see in the team. Infact Nawaz’s best performances have come against better opposition compared to Imad.

So much noise for someone who doesn’t really matter. Imad Wasim’s output will never determine if Pakistan does well at the T20 World Cup.

I doubt even his biggest fans here remember he was part of the 2021 T20WC team, where Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Asif Ali (lol), Hafeez, Malik, Fakhar, Haris etc were all better performers and determined Pakistan’s way to the semi-final.

Your views on all-rounders should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I remember very well when I used to you hype up Faheem Ashraf and claim that he's superior to Pandya. You’re simply a fish out of water when it comes to your assessment of all-rounders and that’s evident by all you garbage takes in this regard.

But the gem that takes the cake is:

Saim is more than decent enough to replace Imad for a few overs in the powerplay if need be

If you watched the second eliminator, there’s no way you would’ve said this. Saim’s 3rd over proved why he’s not ready to be bowling in T20Is, let alone in the powerplay.

It is very simple.

Amir ran away from international cricket like a coward. He made it abundantly clear that he was not interested in playing for Pakistan.

In the recently concluded PSL, he was bang average and got out bowled by several local bowlers.

What is the logic behind going back in time and begging a clearly washed up, disinterested Amir to play for Pakistan? Just go with the bowlers, good or bad, that are willing to play for Pakistan and will continue to prioritize Pakistan cricket over franchise cricket which Amir will never do.

Since his return from his 5 year ban, Amir bowled the most overs for Pakistan in all formats, I can’t recall the exact number but it may have over 800 overs(?).

All he asked for was to be managed properly, when they didn’t listen he decided to retire from test cricket to focus on the white ball format. He didn’t have the fitness to play all 3 formats and then play in franchise leagues.

He retired because his workload wasn’t managed properly, not because he lost interest.

As regards Saim vs Imad its a joke comparison for bowling.

I Repeat what I said earlier.

An over the hill retired Martin Guptill tonked him for 24 in an over.

What do you think a fully functional motivated player like Allen will do when Saim bowls a few bowls to him?

Probably end the pretense of Saim as a bowler.

As regards Saim vs Imad its a joke comparison for bowling.

I Repeat what I said earlier.

An over the hill retired Martin Guptill tonked him for 24 in an over.

What do you think a fully functional motivated player like Allen will do when Saim bowls a few bowls to him?

Probably end the pretense of Saim as a bowler.
That was epic by @Usman Chadda who said Saim has blocked Imad’s return to international cricket :ROFLMAO:

Hundred franchises also have expert data analysts

I wonder why they never thought about hiring Babar and Rizwan for their campaigns based on the analysis drawn by Misbah ul Haq?

@topspin @mominsaigol @Dr_Bassim

Just like with his coaching, Misbah has no qualifications nor any relevant experience that makes him suitable for a role in data analysis.

His cricketing IQ was so substandard, he was mocked by the Aussie commentators when he decided to run Yasir Shah to the ground with all those fielders on the leg-side.

Just because he graduated from a 3rd institution, it doesn't make academic and well-educated.

I don’t know about boycotting and specifically just this regime.

Every regime is littered with nonsense and I am quite sick of Pakistan cricket. If it isn’t the usual politics, it’s the pathetic suck up mentality to the opposition, the defensive tactics etc etc.

There is very little left in Pakistan cricket. I do hope I’m wrong, but imo it’s over.

Our board and players are all happy with just chugging along. There’s very little ambition left.

Cakes, presents, shopping. Nicey achey bachey statements in the media. That’s all

I don’t know about boycotting and specifically just this regime.

Every regime is littered with nonsense and I am quite sick of Pakistan cricket. If it isn’t the usual politics, it’s the pathetic suck up mentality to the opposition, the defensive tactics etc etc.

There is very little left in Pakistan cricket. I do hope I’m wrong, but imo it’s over.

Our board and players are all happy with just chugging along. There’s very little ambition left.

Cakes, presents, shopping. Nicey achey bachey statements in the media. That’s all

Welcome back

Just like with his coaching, Misbah has no qualifications nor any relevant experience that makes him suitable for a role in data analysis.

His cricketing IQ was so substandard, he was mocked by the Aussie commentators when he decided to run Yasir Shah to the ground with all those fielders on the leg-side.

Just because he graduated from a 3rd institution, it doesn't make academic and well-educated.
It basically goes to show that data in the wrong hands, especially one who is hell bent on an agenda to remove, hurt players will lead to long term, catastrophic and disastrous results. What has Misbah’s poor decision lead to?

-An opening pair that consists of two players that have become a serious liability. They won’t bat anywhere else, and one of them who is a poor opener cannot really bat anywhere else for the team.

-those two players have an extremely high opinion of themselves, they have created a network of fans and journalists around them that make them untouchable, nobody can or dares to remove those two liabilities who clearly only play for themselves

-the correct players who should be playing in those positions are also too afraid to voice their opinion, and demand a chance to represent Pakistan in their rightful positions. They are afraid of the backlash they will receive by the media cells who are protecting those two liabilities

-no youngster, anyone who is given a chance to show their talent is allowed to settle because of the immense pressure that is applied by the fans of those two liabilities, one or two failures and they are out for their head!

-NO PROPER MIDDLE ORDER HAS BEEN DEVELOPED. The data only accounted for a safe start by Misbah, but nothing for the middle and back end of the innings, hence the plan was to have these two liabilities bat until the 16th over giving below par middle over players only 24-30 balls to bat and not worry about getting out

*in reality, Misbah should be taken to court for his pathetic, agenda based analysis that he drew from the data and the data analysts wages should be recovered from him. Also he should pay a compensation for the 3-4 years of Pakistan cricket being destroyed at the hands of these two liabilities because of his poor decision, which was only to make his project work and remove someone he had it in for!

Brilliant post.

It basically goes to show that data in the wrong hands, especially one who is hell bent on an agenda to remove, hurt players will lead to long term, catastrophic and disastrous results. What has Misbah’s poor decision lead to?

It's his selfish agenda and awful archaic cricketing mind that has left Pakistan cricket on its knees.

There's a reason why there is a complete contrast in fortunes between what happened in the 2013 and 2017 CT tournaments:

2013 CT
Host: England
Captain: Misbah
Outcome: Lost all matches including a game against India.

2017 CT
Captain: Sarfraz
Outcome: Brought the CT home after beating India in the final by 180 runs

-An opening pair that consists of two players that have become a serious liability. They won’t bat anywhere else, and one of them who is a poor opener cannot really bat anywhere else for the team.

Indeed, Misbah has given Babar, Rizwan and gullible Pakistan fans this idea that you can make batting work in T20s with two accumulators.

@PakEngFan is a strong Misbah critic but even he fell for it. Having said that, perhaps I should be more understanding if he hasn't watched any cricket prior to 2019.

-those two players have an extremely high opinion of themselves, they have created a network of fans and journalists around them that make them untouchable, nobody can or dares to remove those two liabilities who clearly only play for themselves

A good case in point is the toxicity of Babar fans who continue to turn on Imad and Wasim Akram. Simon Doull faced death threats and if you go to his Instagram, you'll see that he shared a message of a Babar fan who threatened to rape his mother and sister.

Some time last year, Misbah's biggest fan on PP, who's also a big Babar fan demanded Simon Doull to be cancelled.

No Babar fan can tell us with a straight face that this is all just a coincidence and a small minority.

-the correct players who should be playing in those positions are also too afraid to voice their opinion, and demand a chance to represent Pakistan in their rightful positions. They are afraid of the backlash they will receive by the media cells who are protecting those two liabilities

-no youngster, anyone who is given a chance to show their talent is allowed to settle because of the immense pressure that is applied by the fans of those two liabilities, one or two failures and they are out for their head!

We saw this first hand last year during the 3 x T20Is against Afghanistan that were played in the UAE. RizBar fans were adamant that Pakistan had lost because they were without Babar and Rizwan but the truth is the outcome was always going to be the same with the Afghan spinners running through anyone who's less than decent against quality spin, including the likes of Babar and Rizwan.

-NO PROPER MIDDLE ORDER HAS BEEN DEVELOPED. The data only accounted for a safe start by Misbah, but nothing for the middle and back end of the innings, hence the plan was to have these two liabilities bat until the 16th over giving below par middle over players only 24-30 balls to bat and not worry about getting out

*in reality, Misbah should be taken to court for his pathetic, agenda based analysis that he drew from the data and the data analysts wages should be recovered from him. Also he should pay a compensation for the 3-4 years of Pakistan cricket being destroyed at the hands of these two liabilities because of his poor decision, which was only to make his project work and remove someone he had it in for!

I would say this is the best point you've made here but this has gone unnoticed and it all makes sense. When you have an opening pair playing against every B/C/D and minnow bowling level attack, who are deliberately stat padding and pursuing milestones, this will always hinder the development and exposure that the middle order need to grow as players.

Brilliant post.

It's his selfish agenda and awful archaic cricketing mind that has left Pakistan cricket on its knees.

There's a reason why there is a complete contrast in fortunes between what happened in the 2013 and 2017 CT tournaments:

2013 CT

2017 CT

Indeed, Misbah has given Babar, Rizwan and gullible Pakistan fans this idea that you can make batting work in T20s with two accumulators.

@PakEngFan is a strong Misbah critic but even he fell for it. Having said that, perhaps I should be more understanding if he hasn't watched any cricket prior to 2019.

A good case in point is the toxicity of Babar fans who continue to turn on Imad and Wasim Akram. Simon Doull faced death threats and if you go to his Instagram, you'll see that he shared a message of a Babar fan who threatened to rape his mother and sister.

Some time last year, Misbah's biggest fan on PP, who's also a big Babar fan demanded Simon Doull to be cancelled.

No Babar fan can tell us with a straight face that this is all just a coincidence and a small minority.

We saw this first hand last year during the 3 x T20Is against Afghanistan that were played in the UAE. RizBar fans were adamant that Pakistan had lost because they were without Babar and Rizwan but the truth is the outcome was always going to be the same with the Afghan spinners running through anyone who's less than decent against quality spin, including the likes of Babar and Rizwan.

I would say this is the best point you've made here but this has gone unnoticed and it all makes sense. When you have an opening pair playing against every B/C/D and minnow bowling level attack, who are deliberately stat padding and pursuing milestones, this will always hinder the development and exposure that the middle order need to grow as players.
Even if I started watching cricket yesterday I still won't be justifying 25 runs as match winning.

Brilliant post.

2013 CT

2017 CT

The loss against Afghanistan under Shadab was due to the pitches, which suited Afghanistan's style of play more than Pakistan's. BD had prepared rabk turners for Aus and beat them 4-1 in a series. (It was Aus B side but still you won't expect them to lose 1-4 to BD)

It's not that puzzling, he delights in Pakistan failures and has admitted himself he hates the country. Nothing wrong with that, he might have good grounds for it, but then obviously he wants Pakistan to leave out match winners and play those more likely to wilt under pressure.

I am not even a big fan of Imad or Amir, but it was obvious during the recent PSL that they were still performing better than those players who you mentioned above, with the exception of Naseem Shah... Anyone who might perform well for Pakistan is seen as a danger to his preferred team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simple as that.

Who defines winners and losers. Riz and Babar have won countless awards including ICC. Babar was also part of the 2017 Championship trophy team. Not so simple

The job of a data analysis isn't a joke.

It extremely difficult to become one in any field, in modern countries data analysts need to be skilled In programming Langugae R, Python, Excel and tableau alongside having superb mathematical judgement, excellent ability to gather primary data and analyse secondary data, and their personal Human judgement abilities must be top notch.

All these complex Softwares are required as theirs so much data to sort, filter, analyse, interpret etc etc.

It takes years and years of study, hard work, and proper field experience to become a proper data analyst and yes top class cricketing nations employ data analysts who are skilled in these fields, rhein analysts have the ability to play with numbers and gather qualitative data through open and closed ended questions so that they make the best decision possible.

You have any idea how much homework classic Australia use to do with teams? And they do even know? Their data analysts use to watch videos on loop, frame by frame to analyse a cricketers talent, weaknesses, as well as which conditions and position they would logically play best to gell a proper team. Its the main reason they were unbeatable as any weakness could be improved to a level that was unmatched and honestly its the sane reason why they still win tournaments to this day, they exploited every single weaknesses Indian batsmen had lol.

Misbah fans expect me to believe that someone like Misbah has the insight to watch videos frame by frame, analyse pitch and conditions and every strength 24/7, filter sort and analyse data, and the best decision he could make is appointing umar Amin the debutant as his vice captain? No thanks, not needed, no way this man has any clue on how data analytics work.

Who defines winners and losers. Riz and Babar have won countless awards including ICC. Babar was also part of the 2017 Championship trophy team. Not so simple
Ironically this is the first time I'm agreeing with you on the concept of winners and losers lol.

But babar and rizwan need to win a cup for their country like fakhar, hafeez and Amir did. Babar contributed as well, but he wasn't the main pivotal factor.

Theirs a reason kohli is given a chocker tag despite being a part of 2011 team and Dhoni and yuvi are given the most credit for 2011 win.

Simple as that.
Bro I kinda disagree.

You need to work hard to achieve something, You can't just fakhar and amir are our CT 2017 winners and act like hard work doesn't exist.

That 100 + amir's wicket taking spree was a result of hard work, they didn't pray to god and make it happen lol.

Rizwan however doesn't work hard, if he did, he would have improved his offside game, someone like rizzu sticks to his comfort zone which is why he's medicore.

Bro I kinda disagree.

You need to work hard to achieve something, You can't just fakhar and amir are our CT 2017 winners and act like hard work doesn't exist.

That 100 + amir's wicket taking spree was a result of hard work, they didn't pray to god and make it happen lol.

Rizwan however doesn't work hard, if he did, he would have improved his offside game, someone like rizzu sticks to his comfort zone which is why he's medicore.
Before people bash me on rizwan, I meant hard work related to improving his batting.

Since his debut he hasn't improved his batting skills, he's still limited, nor has he improved his sr or recognised that as a t20nopener he doesn't utilise the PP.

As a keeper however and when it comes to his own fitness he works hard yes, he has vastly improved his keeping and his fitness is top notch.

Bro I kinda disagree.

Rizwan works extremely hard at making sure he smashes bowlers like Faheem Ashraf and Hunain Shah to deep square leg for 6.

Rizwan works extremely hard at making sure he smashes bowlers like Faheem Ashraf and Hunain Shah to deep square leg for 6.
Tbf to rizzu he has good fitness( drama bazi aside), he's just not hard working in improving his game.

Theirs no such thing as a LIMITED BATSMEN, if you're limited, it means you're not working hard enough to improve said limitations.

Same with shehzad logic, it wasn't impossible to develop single scoring shots.

Same with rizzu, it isn't impossible to develop shots besides the jabs and blind sweeps lol

The job of a data analysis isn't a joke.

It extremely difficult to become one in any field, in modern countries data analysts need to be skilled In programming Langugae R, Python, Excel and tableau alongside having superb mathematical judgement, excellent ability to gather primary data and analyse secondary data, and their personal Human judgement abilities must be top notch.

All these complex Softwares are required as theirs so much data to sort, filter, analyse, interpret etc etc.

It takes years and years of study, hard work, and proper field experience to become a proper data analyst and yes top class cricketing nations employ data analysts who are skilled in these fields, rhein analysts have the ability to play with numbers and gather qualitative data through open and closed ended questions so that they make the best decision possible.

You have any idea how much homework classic Australia use to do with teams? And they do even know? Their data analysts use to watch videos on loop, frame by frame to analyse a cricketers talent, weaknesses, as well as which conditions and position they would logically play best to gell a proper team. Its the main reason they were unbeatable as any weakness could be improved to a level that was unmatched and honestly its the sane reason why they still win tournaments to this day, they exploited every single weaknesses Indian batsmen had lol.

Misbah fans expect me to believe that someone like Misbah has the insight to watch videos frame by frame, analyse pitch and conditions and every strength 24/7, filter sort and analyse data, and the best decision he could make is appointing umar Amin the debutant as his vice captain? No thanks, not needed, no way this man has any clue on how data analytics work.

Misbah fans like Major will tell you that their beloved is a master of Python, SQL and all these other programming languages.

Misbah behaving like a qualified data analyst is an insult and simply disrespectful to this well respected profession.

I've been advised by a Pakistani based poster that he graduated from a 3rd instuition, which backs up what Rana was saying about all this data falling into the wrong hands, if he's in charge of it.

Misbah fans like Major will tell you that their beloved is a master of Python, SQL and all these other programming languages.

Misbah behaving like a qualified data analyst is an insult and simply disrespectful to this well respected profession.

I've been advised by a Pakistani based poster that he graduated from a 3rd instuition, which backs up what Rana was saying about all this data falling into the wrong hands, if he's in charge of it.
Basically excel is used to gather, sort and filter data.

Python, Sql and R were historically your first programming languages to utilise Ai and were typically used to make games, chatbots etc before C# and C++ became more advanced and gradually took over, regardless Python still remains more advanced then these 2 languages.

The reason why their used is because the programming language is capable of running entire simulations and is capable of creating entire hypothetical scenarios based of the data you give it.

For example if you tell R that Babar has an avg of 60, but these were his figures against every single bowler he's ever faced, on top of which if you give it information such as maybe video recordings or highlights of Babar playing,

The language will literally create entire hypothetical scenarios as to which bowler would Babar find a nightmare and which would be childplay, as well as his ideal no, and what shots he could develop to improve.

On top of which it can run simulations of games and bring in more scenarios to analyse.

Typically boxing and mma uses data analysis alot, If you watch rocky 6, they created a simulation of what would happen if Creed faced a prime rocky, From that simulation he was able to check and then formulate a plan to beat rocky, since the simulation predicted rocky's moveset.

Same logic applies for cricket, its how the commentators in 2015 figured out why shehzad's cover drive is terrible and why kohli's cover drive is goated, its because shehzad was giving himself too much space so his body twisted at an awkward angle, which resulted in his either edging or just not timing it, whereas kohli kinda cross batted it for more power.

Despite this shehzad didn't improve and plays it the same way lol.

You're telling me Misbah can Analyse 1000+ simulations and determine the best course of action? Even if he has programmers helping him?

He doesn't need to know these languages, he can have established analysts just present him this data, but how is he suppose to analyse heaps and heaps of information to make a correct decision?

His decisions as a captain literally involved having umar Amin become his vice captain.

Those awards are useless as they only served to improve their personal averages.

Remind me the last time Babar played a useful knock to help his team win besides that NZ innings?

Rizwan is probably even worse.

Winners are people who help team win.

Losers are those who keep improving their averages while team keeps losing.

Those awards are useless as they only served to improve their personal averages.

Remind me the last time Babar played a useful knock to help his team win besides that NZ innings?

Rizwan is probably even worse.

Winners are people who help team win.

Losers are those who keep improving their averages while team keeps losing.

Most matches we've lost have been when Babar or Rizwan did not perform. The ones we win are when they perform. They simply help the team win so = winners!

Most matches we've lost have been when Babar or Rizwan did not perform. The ones we win are when they perform. They simply help the team win so = winners!

Another way to look at it is Pakistan loses most matches in T20 when the asking rate is above 8 an over with these 2 playing.

Or when Pakistan have to chase 300 plus with asking rate >6 and these 2 playing.

Obviously, I discounted Nepal, Uganda and B and C teams of England and NZ when making above 2 statements.

@daytrader

A person is usually remembered for their performances in cups then their otherwise personal averages, the only exceptions being once in a generational talent players like Sachin etc.

But typically

Quinton is remembered for 4 centuries in a single cup.

Kohli is remembered as the guy who broke tendulkar's odi record in a world cup.

Babar's best innings is considered his 101 against NZ and his 68 against India over his 49 ball 100 against c string sides.

Pointing is remembered for 2003 as well as being a captain with an unbeaten win streak in cups.

Amir is remembered for 2009 and 2017.

Similarly a person is also remembered for losing cups.

For example the biggest stain on kohli's career is that he vanishes when India need him most. 5 centuries in a cup and yet in the final he couldn't pull it off.

Same goes for babar's 39 of 34 in the semi final against Australia, Misbah's 2007 botch and his mohali botch, Rizwan's botch against Sri Lanka in the asia cup final.

The world cup, t20 world cup and Ct are the grandest stage, and the whole world watches these events. No one cares about how a team or how a player is performing outside of that,

Same way no one gives a kahoot that before ct 2017 we were a joke that may not have been able to qualify as we were ranked no 9, and how before wc 2023 we were ranked no 1 lol.

So please don't bring up Babar and rizwan 24/7, when they don't have even 1/10th the impact fakhar has had on tournaments.

Fakhar has vital performances in the semi final, Final of ct 2017 as well his 60 ball 100 against NZ in wc 2023 giving Pakistan a glimmer albeit marginal but still a glimmer of hope to remain in the cup, which was shattered after Afghanistan lost to Australia.

Babar's 101 against nz is good, so is rizwan's 131 against Sri Lanka, but these 2 have contributed to losses in multiple semi finals and finals despite both of them scoring, had they failed it would be a different story, but THEY SCORED, it was their horrible snails pace that led to losing.

Babar and rizwan don't deserve to be in the limelight of tournament winners like Amir or fakhar, Let alone goat players like quinton, Kohli, Maxwell, Warner, Travis head, rachin ravindra etc

Once these 2 become main contributing factors of winning cups, then I'll acknowledge them, otherwise sarfraz as captain, Hafeez as an allrounder, Fakhar as a batsmen and Amir as a bowler and pur other past greats like imran Khan, Wasim akram etc will always hold a higher standard then babar and rizwan.

win a tournament for your country with the bat and then we'll talk.

This post is such a lie.

Yuvi outright admitted he was out of form even before the 2014 cup started and didn't know why the team selected him as yuvi felt he needed to improve as he wasn't fully fit, he outright said it multiple times that he was low on confidence, how he was clearly struggling and he felt India made a mistake.

Before the 2023 world cup, Babar didn't say he was low on confidence, he and his team made statements on how their the best in the world and after that mighty 100 against NZ c team and 150 against Nepal, everyone was going off on how it was a goat innings.

Yuvi didn't score 50 of 40, He scored 11 of 21 desperately trying to hit but genuinely felt like a tail ender out their. He tried his best but was unable to, and he was honest about it multiple times.

Babar on the other hand was coming from a mighty 150 and all of the sudden his form vanishes overnight? In the world cup? Lol.

These snail pace 50's that babar scores is massively different from yuvi genuinely being unable to perform.

Where was this so called i have lost form before the world cup or asia cup? Why did it happen straight after the nepal game?

Secondly don't ever compare what yuvi does to what Babar does, one guy has gave Stuart broad a permanent nightmare, the other guy gets nightmares from rashid Khan and kuldeep yadav.
agreed 100%, Babar is selfish yes they have won us matches but they have been those kind of matches when the pitches have been flat and we need to chase a modest score. Anyone else in domestic cricket given as many chances as opener wouldve been able to do the same. Rizwan's atleast won us matches with some big innings when he is able to accelerate in the end. I am not an Imad fan I hated him and his stupid Ronaldo celebration he got overweight in the end and could not even field thats why a number of teams preferred Nawaz

With all due respect, you do realise that you're arguing with two or three posters who are like a group of primary school friends ganging up together during playtime?

With all due respect, you do realise that you're arguing with two or three posters who are like a group of primary school friends ganging up together during playtime?

I know bro. It's unfortunate that I have to come down to their level but as you can see every other thread turns into Babar and Rizwan bashing. Posters have had enough of this toxicity. Even older posters like @Mamoon are forced to argue with them. Larry, Curly and Moe need to be curbed

I know bro. It's unfortunate that I have to come down to their level but as you can see every other thread turns into Babar and Rizwan bashing. Posters have had enough of this toxicity. Even older posters like @Mamoon are forced to argue with them. Larry, Curly and Moe need to be curbed
This is the curse you people who knowingly defend lies have incurred

Every thread will be a torturous reminder of the deceit you people are also being a part of.

This is the curse you people who knowingly defend lies have incurred

Every thread will be a torturous reminder of the deceit you people are also being a part of.

And what about those who knowingly spread lies in the first place. With their elite observation and better understanding of cricket. Even better than the players, managers and coaching staff. Face it bro, you have an agenda. No need to pretend otherwise

And what about those who knowingly spread lies in the first place. With their elite observation and better understanding of cricket. Even better than the players, managers and coaching staff. Face it bro, you have an agenda. No need to pretend otherwise
I have a vendetta

Not an agenda. What do I gain from constantly beating 1 drum for the past 4 years? I haven’t changed my narrative once throughout unlike the guy you quoted above. What’s my gain in this ‘agenda’?

I have a vendetta

Not an agenda. What do I gain from constantly beating 1 drum for the past 4 years? I haven’t changed my narrative once throughout unlike the guy you quoted above. What’s my gain in this ‘agenda’?

I think you just want be proven right, even if it's only once, it'll be a victory. But Rizwan hasn't let you seen that day yet :p

I don't know why you have a vendetta, what did Rizwan do to you?

Look bro I admire your blunt opinions and respect you for your honesty. However no point on holding on to something that just goes against common sense.

I think you just want be proven right, even if it's only once, it'll be a victory. But Rizwan hasn't let you seen that day yet :p

I don't know why you have a vendetta, what did Rizwan do to you?

Look bro I admire your blunt opinions and respect you for your honesty. However no point on holding on to something that just goes against common sense.
Rizwan proving me wrong means Rizwan bats at the same level of Mitchell Marsh, Warner, Jaiswal, Sharma, Butler, Salt etc.

Rizwan lives and breathes proving me right. You don’t have the eyes to see it, there are those who do. Like those who couldn’t see it in the past maybe, but they do today. Or those who don’t see it today, but will tomorrow. It will happen. That is common sense.

Holding on to something against common sense is what you are doing.

Rizwan proving me wrong means Rizwan bats at the same level of Mitchell Marsh, Warner, Jaiswal, Sharma, Butler, Salt etc.

Rizwan lives and breathes proving me right. You don’t have the eyes to see it, there are those who do. Like those who couldn’t see it in the past maybe, but they do today. Or those who don’t see it today, but will tomorrow. It will happen. That is common sense.

Holding on to something against common sense is what you are doing.

Bro we just don't have those sort of players. That's the reality. And we don't even have a system in place to develop those kind of players. That's another reality. Players like Babar and Rizwan are an exception to this reality, same goes for Amir and Fakhar. We get talented youngsters but they're not groomed and don't live up to their potential. That's another reality that's haunting us since ages. Further our players tend to get sidetracked with controversies which hampers their growth, another reality.

We have a defunct board where as BCCI and ACB are well oiled machines that will churn out a good player even if he's not talented.

In the face of these realities we have to make decisions that are best for us, not based on what others are doing in the world. That is the common sense approach we should be taking, to live within our realities. If it was a Utopia and we had the perfect players than your approach would make sense. But in the meantime we gotta make do with the best we have in the current lot.

Guys it's better to discuss Rizwan and Babar in their respective threads and avoid derailing this one. Thanks.

I am very disappointing that Naqvi succumbed to pressure and did not replace Masood as Test captain.

By opening the doors to Amir and Imad and not sacking Masood, he has shown that he is not serving the best interests of Pakistan cricket.

Babar Azam and Asad Shafiq made it clear to him than Shan Masood is not good enough to be a regular member of the Test side, but Naqvi decided to keep him as Test captain for at least another 12 months because he doesn’t want to face backlash from the Shan Masood nepotism lobby.

Babar Azam will be back at Test captain 2025, but it should have happened today.

The current regime is not winning any friends at the moment.

Yes, previous one did not win us tons of titles but we are where we are.

Not following Pakistan cricket at the moment. Have we started winning matches and started uprooting trees after we brought back “winners” and “cool minded” players like Amir and Imad? What has changed after their inclusion?

@Rana @mominsaigol @topspin @Dr_Bassim

Not following Pakistan cricket at the moment. Have we started winning matches and started uprooting trees after we brought back “winners” and “cool minded” players like Amir and Imad? What has changed after their inclusion?

@Rana @mominsaigol @topspin @Dr_Bassim

To be honest and since you are not following Pak cricket at the moment, both Amir and Imad have done better than their colleagues.

The current regime is not winning any friends at the moment.

Yes, previous one did not win us tons of titles but we are where we are.
It’s not about the regime or the management or any of the sort people try to sell on their dumb Youtube channels and most naive fans here lap it up.

We don’t have the players to compete at this level anymore.

Pakistan will keep falling down the pecking order in LOI cricket.

We don’t even have a Tim Robinson, forget someone as crazy as Fraser-McGruk. The talent around the world is light years ahead and we are still stuck on ‘Bobbzyy karlega’.

To be honest and since you are not following Pak cricket at the moment, both Amir and Imad have done better than their colleagues.
So they were “stat padding”?

We have been told that the only thing that matters is helping your team win and this is why Pakistan should bring back match winners like Imad and Amir.

They are back and what has changed in terms of Pakistan’s ability to win matches?

If they weren’t brought back, the same people that I have called out would have been adamant that Pakistan would be beating New Zealand C with ease had Amir and Imad played.

So they were “stat padding”?

We have been told that the only thing that matters is helping your team win and this is why Pakistan should bring back match winners like Imad and Amir.

They are back and what has changed in terms of Pakistan’s ability to win matches?

If they weren’t brought back, the same people that I have called out would have been adamant that Pakistan would be beating New Zealand C with ease had Amir and Imad played.
So where is the problem? It’s not Amir and Imad is it?

How are we doing since the most improved PSL captain Babar Azam returned?
I don’t know. You tell me? I’m not watching.

But I was told that Pakistan needs match winners like Amir and Imad back to win matches.

They are back and Pakistan is still huffing and puffing to save a series at home vs a New Zealand reserve side.

So what has been their impact?

Also, a captain is dependent on what his players produce. I heard the great match winner was bowling 130 kph half trackers in the first over and the other great match winner, the most economical bowler in history, went for 14 runs in his first over to help New Zealand get off to a flier.

I don’t know. You tell me? I’m not watching.
The problem is your captain. Who can’t play for the team. That’s the first issue you must address

We can talk about other issues once this issue is addressed

The problem is your captain. Who can’t play for the team. That’s the first issue you must address

Well issues are both

Match-winners and captaincy - both needed

So where is the problem? It’s not Amir and Imad is it?
The problem is bigger than these two expired and retired players but these two are not the solution either.

The reality is that this is Pakistan’s level. It is a poor cricket team. An average cricket team.

And Amir and Imad, like many other players, are part of the reason why Pakistan is average and poor and they have always been part of the reason.

Amir has been a moments player in his career. He has had a few highs but even more lows and to be a truly great player, you need consistency and not moments and this is why has never been one of the best bowlers in the world.

On the other hand, Imad has always been average with a few contributions here and there just like Shadab and Nawaz.

Therefore, there was absolutely no reason for PCB to bend over and accommodate two retired players back into the fold who have made it clear on numerous occasions that playing for Pakistan is not a priority.

They don’t make Pakistan a better team and they should not have been brought back.

If Pakistan win the T20 World Cup I will happily apologize to you and their other fans, but if Pakistan miss out again like they did in 2021 and 2022, I will expect an apology from you and their other fans. Are you up for the challenge?

Well issues are both

Match-winners and captaincy - both needed
Until Babar Azam doesn’t move to number 3, you can continue to try and make things work with bits and pieces players filling up the 3-5 positions

Usman Khan is not a number 3. He is an opener.

Fakhar Zaman is not a number 4. He is an opener

So he has killed the match winning abilities of Amir and Imad? If someone else was captain, Amir and Imad would be winning matches for Pakistan?

Will this be the coping mechanism until the World Cup is over?

If Pakistan win the T20 World Cup I will happily apologize to you and their other fans
I think you are backtracking yourself here having gone all out in wanting Babar Azam as captain.

I didn’t even want to engage with you on this subject until after the World Cup.

I clearly told you that I couldn’t care less now if Pakistan win or lose these next few games (against NZ, Ireland and England), and I will come back to tell you who actually had the last laugh after the World Cup.

Just be patient. You’ve made your bed by demanding Babar as the captain and getting what you or Peshawar Zalmi wanted.

Until Babar Azam doesn’t move to number 3, you can continue to try and make things work with bits and pieces players filling up the 3-5 positions

Fakhar Zaman is not a number 4. He is an opener
Didn’t Usman score all those hundreds in PSL @3?

First he wasn’t a lower order player, now he is not a number 3, next he will not be an opener.

How many lame excuses for the fact that he is responsible for his own performances and is not taking his opportunities?

He is making his debut in his preferred format on flat pitches at home vs a poor attack and he is failing, and yet we have fans making excuses for him. This sums up everything that is wrong with Pakistan cricket.

I like Usman, I think he can be valuable player for Pakistan in the short-term, but the reality is that he needs to take his chances and he needs to do it fast because once the train passes at this level, it is hard to get onboard again.

So he has killed the match winning abilities of Amir and Imad? If someone else was captain, Amir and Imad would be winning matches for Pakistan?

Will this be the coping mechanism until the World Cup is over?
What did Amir and Imad do wrong though?

Amir 4 overs for 30 odd on a good batting wicket. He does that all the time around the world

Imad first over for 14, next 3 overs for 18 runs @6 runs per over. Did his best to rescue a victory for Pakistan also with the bat.

Those two didn’t have a poor game. The guy who had a poor game, has had 2 in a row in fact is the fraud opener Babar Azam

Didn’t Usman score all those hundreds in PSL @3?
He also scored PSL’s fastest hundred as an opener. Myself and others who are well on top of Rizwan’s selfish tactics knew what Rizwan was up to by shifting Usman and other natural openers around but not himself into number 3 or 4 for Multan.

He opened with a crap T20 opener called Yasir Khan but didn’t open with Usman Khan, knowing Yasir has no chance whatsoever to knock on the door for national selection as an opener and put his (Rizwan’’s) place in threat.

Usman, Fakhar, Sahibzada, Saim, Saud and even Harris are all worthy T20 openers over Babar and Rizwan

What did Amir and Imad do wrong though?

Amir 4 overs for 30 odd on a good batting wicket. He does that all the time around the world

Imad first over for 14, next 3 overs for 18 runs @6 runs per over. Did his best to rescue a victory for Pakistan also with the bat.

Those two didn’t have a poor game. The guy who had a poor game, has had 2 in a row in fact is the fraud opener Babar Azam
So Amir and Imad were stat padding and neither helped Pakistan win the match so who cares about their stat padding when they were not match winners last night.

you are clearly rattled by the fact that Pakistan is struggling to beat NZ C at home in spite of having match winners like Amir and Imad at their disposal.

You didn’t expect this outcome hence the justifications and the excuses.

So Amir and Imad were stat padding and neither helped Pakistan win the match so who cares about their stat padding when they were not match winners last night.

you are clearly rattled by the fact that Pakistan is struggling to beat NZ C at home in spite of having match winners like Amir and Imad at their disposal.

You didn’t expect this outcome hence the justifications and the excuses.
I could care less if Babar and Rizwan score 50 off 40 as middle order batsman

Not as openers

What’s your challenge now?
My challenge is simple.

Pakistan will not win the World Cup because they are not good enough to do and Amir and Imad are part of the reason why they are not good enough.

Pakistan had very respectable outcomes in the last two T20 World Cups: a semifinal defeat and a runners up medal.

They are admirable outcomes and far from what you would deem a failure.

Pakistan will not do better than that this time around because they will not win the World Cup. Therefore, the return of Amir and Imad will have absolute no impact on Pakistan’s outcome in the World Cup.

Therefore, his fans are shouting for no reason and this whole narrative that they are match winners and will uplift the team and transform their fortunes is nonsense.

Pakistan will not win the World Cup because they are not good enough to do and Amir and Imad are part of the reason why they are not good enough.
Your challenge is wrong

Pakistan are not equipped to win the World Cup under a captain who can’t put the team above his personal goals.

Accept this.

@Rana

If you think Amir and Imad make Pakistan a better team, you are inadvertently saying that Pakistan will win the World Cup this time around because if Pakistan could make the finals last time without them and with Babar as captain, what would be a better outcome than that?

Winning the World Cup. Are you willing to bet on Amir and Imad firing Pakistan to the trophy?

Your challenge is wrong

Pakistan are not equipped to win the World Cup under a captain who can’t put the team above his personal goals.

Accept this.
Pakistan made the final last time with Babar as captain and without Amir and Imad in the team.

This time, we have the same captain but we also have the two highly acclaimed match winners.

So logically, Amir and Imad should at help Pakistan achieve parity with the last World Cup if not go one better?

He also scored PSL’s fastest hundred as an opener. Myself and others who are well on top of Rizwan’s selfish tactics knew what Rizwan was up to by shifting Usman and other natural openers around but not himself into number 3 or 4 for Multan.

He opened with a crap T20 opener called Yasir Khan but didn’t open with Usman Khan, knowing Yasir has no chance whatsoever to knock on the door for national selection as an opener and put his (Rizwan’’s) place in threat.

Usman, Fakhar, Sahibzada, Saim, Saud and even Harris are all worthy T20 openers over Babar and Rizwan
What is Usman’s record @3 in the PSL?

It is really good. Are you saying he is a PSL bully?

If he can perform @3 in PSL but not in international cricket, that too vs a very weak attack, how do you explain it?

@Rana

If you think Amir and Imad make Pakistan a better team, you are inadvertently saying that Pakistan will win the World Cup this time around because if Pakistan could make the finals last time without them and with Babar as captain, what would be a better outcome than that?

Winning the World Cup. Are you willing to bet on Amir and Imad firing Pakistan to the trophy?
First and foremost

1. Pakistan had no business to make the finals of the World Cup last time. They were never one of the top 2-3 teams in the tournament. Things worked out for them at the time. But results before and after the World Cup proved they are a fluke side.

2. Pakistan are definitely improved with 2 seasoned T20 cricketers in their ranks now. What’s the issue with this?

3. Pakistan can improve further if Babar bats at 3, and two proper T20 openers open the innings.

4. Pakistan will improve further if they get rid of this fascination of making Shadab work as a 5th or 6th bowler. If they keep it simple with 4 overs of Abrar as their main, banker spinner

These are honest, simple suggestions

Pakistan made the final last time with Babar as captain and without Amir and Imad in the team.

This time, we have the same captain but we also have the two highly acclaimed match winners.

So logically, Amir and Imad should at help Pakistan achieve parity with the last World Cup if not go one better?
Since when have you become the people who you used to school and educate here? You sound like Heddie or those enthusiastic Babar fans. It’s sad to see you go down this route

usman has played most of the times at number 3. His stats at number 3 are superb but last night, he looked nowhere near showing the same kind of form. He is not an opener.

usman has played most of the times at number 3. His stats at number 3 are superb but last night, he looked nowhere near showing the same kind of form. He is not an opener.
Of course now he isn’t an opener because Rizwan shifted him to 3 and you can’t see any wrong with Rizwan

Of course now he isn’t an opener because Rizwan shifted him to 3 and you can’t see any wrong with Rizwan
Usman is a number 3 and needs to prove that he belongs there. Not another deadbeat Pakistan needs.

Back