Sincere Pakistan cricket fans should boycott this regime

Mamoon

ATG
Runs
Post of the Week
I am deeply disturbed by the recent events that have unfolded in Pakistan cricket. The way the current PCB regime is operating will discourage the players who are putting in the hard yards in domestic cricket.

Mohammad Amir, notwithstanding his criminal past, turned his back on Pakistan cricket four years and has since then done nothing except produce mediocre performances in the PSL and has not bothered to play other domestic competitions.

In the recently concluded PSL, he wasn’t even among the top 5 Pakistani pacers. He has done absolutely nothing to warrant selection.

He wouldn’t have taken his retirement back if he wasn’t given assurances by the PCB that he will be playing at the World Cup. His selection is a slap in the face of bowlers like Mohammad Ali, Abbas Afridi, Mir Hamza and Hassan Ali who all bowled better than him in the PSL, toil in domestic cricket and haven’t turned their back on Pakistan cricket.

Similarly, Imad retired from international cricket for his own selfish interests and now he has taken his retirement back after getting assurances from PCB over his place in the World Cup team because the timing suits him.

There is no league cricket around at the moment other than the IPL and the World Cup will start as soon as the IPL ends. When the World Cup is over, he will retire from international cricket again or he will retire as soon as he find a better opportunity elsewhere.

His selection is a slap in the face for Mehran Mumtaz who works hard in domestic cricket and is eager to represent Pakistan.

He slept through the entire league phase of the PSL and based on a couple of games, PCB decided to bend over backwards to appease him even though he made it clear that he is retired from international cricket.

It seems that the concept of retirement means nothing to Pakistani players, PCB and the fans.

Amir and Imad are acting as if they have done Pakistan cricket a huge favor and will peddle the narrative that they have taken retirement back to “serve” Pakistan cricket, but the reality is that they are looking after their own interests.

Playing for Pakistan cricket right now has no opportunity cost because there is no cricket going on elsewhere until the World Cup and the chance to play a World Cup and have a paid trip to USA is too attractive for them to decline.

Their corpses have risen from their coffins not because they want to help and serve Pakistan cricket but because they are looking after their own interests.

They have put themselves above Pakistan cricket in the past and they will continue to do so in the future.

PCB have sent a clear message to domestic performers that they have no faith in them and would rather negotiate with retired players, criminals and selfish players who couldn’t care less about Pakistan cricket.

If you are a domestic player why would you want to play for Pakistan in such an environment.

I humbly request all self-respective and sincere supporters and stakeholders of Pakistan cricket to boycott Pakistan cricket as long as the current regime is in power because the betterment and long-term future of Pakistan cricket is not their priority.

Every cricket board is powered by the public. They hold all the cards and if the masses boycott Pakistan cricket, everything will be taken care of and this terror regime will crash and burn in no time.

Personally speaking, I am officially boycotting Pakistan cricket as long as Amir, Imad, Wahab are involved, Masood remains Test captain and the current PCB Chairman is in power.

It is not possible for me to support and even watch Pakistan cricket matches in these circumstances.

I am deeply disturbed by the recent events that have unfolded in Pakistan cricket. The way the current PCB regime is operating will discourage the players who are putting in the hard yards in domestic cricket.

Mohammad Amir, notwithstanding his criminal past, turned his back on Pakistan cricket four years and has since then done nothing except produce mediocre performances in the PSL and has not bothered to play other domestic competitions.

In the recently concluded PSL, he wasn’t even among the top 5 Pakistani pacers. He has done absolutely nothing to warrant selection.

He wouldn’t have taken his retirement back if he wasn’t given assurances by the PCB that he will be playing at the World Cup. His selection is a slap in the face of bowlers like Mohammad Ali, Abbas Afridi, Mir Hamza and Hassan Ali who all bowled better than him in the PSL, toil in domestic cricket and haven’t turned their back on Pakistan cricket.

Similarly, Imad retired from international cricket for his own selfish interests and now he has taken his retirement back after getting assurances from PCB over his place in the World Cup team because the timing suits him.

There is no league cricket around at the moment other than the IPL and the World Cup will start as soon as the IPL ends. When the World Cup is over, he will retire from international cricket again or he will retire as soon as he find a better opportunity elsewhere.

His selection is a slap in the face for Mehran Mumtaz who works hard in domestic cricket and is eager to represent Pakistan.

He slept through the entire league phase of the PSL and based on a couple of games, PCB decided to bend over backwards to appease him even though he made it clear that he is retired from international cricket.

It seems that the concept of retirement means nothing to Pakistani players, PCB and the fans.

Amir and Imad are acting as if they have done Pakistan cricket a huge favor and will peddle the narrative that they have taken retirement back to “serve” Pakistan cricket, but the reality is that they are looking after their own interests.

Playing for Pakistan cricket right now has no opportunity cost because there is no cricket going on elsewhere until the World Cup and the chance to play a World Cup and have a paid trip to USA is too attractive for them to decline.

Their corpses have risen from their coffins not because they want to help and serve Pakistan cricket but because they are looking after their own interests.

They have put themselves above Pakistan cricket in the past and they will continue to do so in the future.

PCB have sent a clear message to domestic performers that they have no faith in them and would rather negotiate with retired players, criminals and selfish players who couldn’t care less about Pakistan cricket.

If you are a domestic player why would you want to play for Pakistan in such an environment.

I humbly request all self-respective and sincere supporters and stakeholders of Pakistan cricket to boycott Pakistan cricket as long as the current regime is in power because the betterment and long-term future of Pakistan cricket is not their priority.

Every cricket board is powered by the public. They hold all the cards and if the masses boycott Pakistan cricket, everything will be taken care of and this terror regime will crash and burn in no time.

Personally speaking, I am officially boycotting Pakistan cricket as long as Amir, Imad, Wahab are involved, Masood remains Test captain and the current PCB Chairman is in power.

It is not possible for me to support and even watch Pakistan cricket matches in these circumstances.
The greatest satisfaction for me would be when Amir and Imad gets tonked all over the place. One a convicted fixer, the other mega selfish. Pakistan cricket desperately needs a 2003 and 2007 world cup level humiliation for things to reset.

@Mamoon How would you react if both Amir and Imad win the tournament :)
Dont know about him but I'd be thoroughly disgusted. I'm thoroughly disgusted just by the sight of the fixer in Pakistani colors. We as a nation seems to have no morals. The bigger the corruption the bigger the seat you will get.

Whatever the OP has said is true. However the sad part is that the entire country and I legit mean the entire country has become a JOKE. PCB is just a very small faction of the country which is also a joke.

You want to solve a problem change at grassroot level. The entire country needs to be under civilian law and everything will fall in place.

completely agree. this sends out a signal that all that is needed to get selected to PCT are few random performances. Irrespective of how well they have done, on an average they have done not much even in PSL, overriding long standing domestic performances means you are undermining all the good work done by local players. It also speaks volumes about talent in the "bahut talent hai" country that they have to literally bend over backwards to accommodate a washed-out left arm spinner and another player who has not shown any interest in Pakistan cricket and literally sold them in the past. Shame on PCB

The icing on the cake would be when Amir and Imad lift the T20 trophy for Pakistan.

If Rizwan gets the sack and Babar stays in his boots, this is entirely possible.

They really should have taken Malik too.

His experience in the low slow Caribbean conditions would have done wonders.

I mean; you just have to go through the team once to find what players can actually win the tournament and what players are poster boys of team.

Rizwan - never going to win anything
Saim - gun opener
Babar - never going to win anything
Fakhar - gun player batting at wrong position
Shadab - never going to win anything
Nawaz never going to win anything
Iftikhar - never going to win anything
Malik - gun middle order spin player to control the middle section of innings.
Shaheen - good bowler ; cant do it on his own
Amir - gun bowler ; world and championship class
Imad - gun bowler ; world and championship class in terms of economy rate.
Haris - never going to win anything
Random bowlers - never going to win anything
Usman Khan - gun batsmen with potential

Everyone saw the standard of the National T20 Cup, 16 teams meant the quality was way down. You can pick the best performers from the National T20 and see how they do in the PSL but sadly the PSL will have to over ride the National T-20 performances especially if the National T-20 performers don't make an impact in the PSL.

The greatest satisfaction for me would be when Amir and Imad gets tonked all over the place. One a convicted fixer, the other mega selfish. Pakistan cricket desperately needs a 2003 and 2007 world cup level humiliation for things to reset.

Oh so Imad's brilliance in the PSL is the reason why you went hiding. Now it makes sense.

It's ridiculous from the PCB and if Mamoon can see that these are backwards steps than everybody else should be able to.

Unfortunately the lobby for the fixer and blackmailer is strong. If we win a WC it'll be due to Amir and Imad. If we lose it'll be due to Babar and Rizwan. That's how this lobby operates.

Wahab Riaz, sports minister, boot licker, selector and now a necromancer raising the dead is the worst thing to happen to Pakistan Cricket in recent times.

It's ridiculous from the PCB and if Mamoon can see that these are backwards steps than everybody else should be able to.

Unfortunately the lobby for the fixer and blackmailer is strong. If we win a WC it'll be due to Amir and Imad. If we lose it'll be due to Babar and Rizwan. That's how this lobby operates.

Wahab Riaz, sports minister, boot licker, selector and now a necromancer raising the dead is the worst thing to happen to Pakistan Cricket in recent times.

I get why you wouldn't want Amir back but I thought you had no issues with Imad?

Oh so Imad's brilliance in the PSL is the reason why you went hiding. Now it makes sense.
Did you see me gloating here when Imad was a complete liability for I think the first 9 matches of the tournament?

This thread is really sus.

It wasn't that long ago when the OP was very severe with his criticism towards Babar and his fans, particularly with @Mobashir - who you could argue at one point was Babar's biggest fan on PP.

Fast forward 12-18 months, the same OP will not tolerate any criticism towards Babar and is now maligning those who are not part of his clique.

Only God knows what has changed.

Is the OP just a flip flop merchant or has the mask slipped?

It wasn't that long ago when the OP was very severe with his criticism towards Babar and his fans, particularly with @Mobashir - who you could argue at one point was Babar's biggest fan on PP.

Fast forward 12-18 months, the same OP will not tolerate any criticism towards Babar and is now maligning those who are not part of his clique.

Oh yes, @Mobashir and @heddie19 were literally driven out of here by OP with his strong arguments against Babar whilst these two poor lads loved him to the core. Now OP is calling everyone who opposes Babar as the Imad cult.

Maybe OP belongs to the flip flop Babar Cultt as you say?

How about let’s start a trend in Proving Babar is better than Kohli and Sharma, I would love OP to agree with us.

The fact is this, we are not India, Australia or England. We're not even South Africa or New Zealand. We don't have a proper structure and the system is not well-funded or developed enough to churn out international-level cricketers on a consistent basis.

Therefore, it should surprise no one that this is what Pakistan are doing right before the World Cup. Because let's be real, this horses for courses approach is the only way for Pakistan to field their best possible team at the World Cup.

Order, structure, principles, merit and long-term thinking have rarely mattered in Pakistan before. Why should anyone possibly care about them now?

Seems @Mamoon is upset that a couple of cricketers he does not like are going to play for Pakistan again. His principles went into hiding when he was defending Imam's nepotism.

I'm sure we are all shocked to learn that you are no longer supporting Pakistan cricket. About as shocked as we were to learn that you once supported Pakistan cricket.

The sudden and absolute change in opinion has even shocked me.

I remember during the odi wc, when he was the biggest babar critic and absolutely savaged his poor fans in the kohli vs babar thread.

The truth is that Pak cricket is in a mess. The so called superstar Babar failed big time in the last 2 WCs. His batting during the ODI WC was pathetic. The whole team is in no shape to compete vs the big teams. Fitness levels are minnow level. Now adding Amir and Imad, based on what? Imad is unfit and was even smoking during the final!

It is so wronf on many levels. T20 has totally ruined Pak cricket.

Please, this is a step forward if you ask me. I will gladly take this to step away from "Tuu mera match winner hai" Nawaz. Even Aamir Sohail could not hide his digust over Nawaz "He is not even a club level cricketer"

Oh yes, @Mobashir and @heddie19 were literally driven out of here by OP with his strong arguments against Babar whilst these two poor lads loved him to the core.

Oh yes, how could I forget @heddie19 . They were literally driven out.

Now OP is calling everyone who opposes Babar as the Imad cult. Maybe OP belongs to the flip flop Babar Cultt as you say? How about let’s start a trend in Proving Babar is better than Kohli and Sharma, I would love OP to agree with us.

Well according to Statpadder, he absolutely savaged Babar's fans in the kohli vs babar thread during the ODI WC, which wasn't even that long ago.

The sudden and absolute change in opinion has even shocked me.

I remember during the odi wc, when he was the biggest babar critic and absolutely savaged his poor fans in the kohli vs babar thread.

Wow, I didn't even know it was that recent, which makes it even more sus.

What you have to remember is OP lives in Peshawar. There is a PSL franchise from this region, Peshawar Zalmi, which features Babar, so there's obviously something the OP isn't telling us or it could be a case of him doing all this drama just to stir up discussion.

It's the Pakistan Clownery Board, if I expected a decent and professionally run organization it'll never be from Pakistan. It would be my own fault to expect otherwise.

My enjoyment of Pakistan cricket went way up when I stopped viewing them as a top team and more like a low-end band of misfits capable of pulling off an occasional upset

Well according to Statpadder, he absolutely savaged Babar's fans in the kohli vs babar thread during the ODI WC, which wasn't even that long ago.
Poor @heddie19 still has nightmares of Mamoon tormenting him on debates about Babar and Kohli. Now heddie can come out and see how the world has completely changed :ROFLMAO:

Wow, I didn't even know it was that recent, which makes it even more sus.

What you have to remember is OP lives in Peshawar. There is a PSL franchise from this region, Peshawar Zalmi, which features Babar, so there's obviously something the OP isn't telling us or it could be a case of him doing all this drama just to stir up discussion.

Start from page 4 and look up page 5 in particular

I'm agreeing with mamoon on this

Imad isn't needed his bowling can be covered by the likes of saim , Agha and ifthikar .

As for the rat who sold his country and shirt who has now physically started resembling a rat how do you think m ali , abbas afridi , wasim jnr will feel if he pips them to the playing xi.

There is one thing in particular that I really like about this post, and I want to thank Mamoon for pointing it up to me because I was completely unaware of it:

(Playing for Pakistan cricket right now has no opportunity cost because there is no cricket going on elsewhere until the World Cup and the chance to play a World Cup and have a paid trip to USA is too attractive for them to decline)
This is really accurate. I mean, they will get free vacations and obviously, Amir's favorite thing after virat, which is rookda.
Why would they even waste this chance when they could easily make some cash during no league cricket?
and once the world cup is over These two men just have to write on social media about how they gave it their all and how it's better that they quit this team so that the younger players can have take their places and by this gesture they will win people's heart and kidney.
After that they will go and play league cricket instead, where they can at least smoke in peace.

I am not a fan of calling them back ( especially Amir) but one really has to think of the conditions that led to them leave in the first place.

There have been 4-5 chairmen since they have left, favouritism has been shown to other players, and the board has flip flopped numerous times.

In such a chaotic set up it's unfair to suddenly just blame these two.

I don't really have much love left for Pakistan, I don't have any for the PCB. The only real thing I have is a love for Pakistan cricket. If the cricket team is able to win then I can live with bringing these players back despite their past deeds.

Oh yes, @Mobashir and @heddie19 were literally driven out of here by OP with his strong arguments against Babar whilst these two poor lads loved him to the core. Now OP is calling everyone who opposes Babar as the Imad cult.

Maybe OP belongs to the flip flop Babar Cultt as you say?

How about let’s start a trend in Proving Babar is better than Kohli and Sharma, I would love OP to agree with us.
Hello Rana and other posters!

As I stated some times, I am not posting a lot because don't have as much time.

Altough I like your passion, and without wanting to Hurt you, it's more posters like you who made me post mess here. I was like, how can this guy don't understand cricket at all 😅. And from what I read, you haven't changed a lot.

Mamoon is knowledgable poster but he is drive by an agenda, political agenda otherwise you don't go from "Imran Khan Best cricketer ever from Asia" to "Jadeja a better all rounder than Imran Khan". I know from Where his hate against Pakistan comes.
Recently he has started another agenda "Ben Stokes is mediocre" 😅.

The icing on the cake would be when Amir and Imad lift the T20 trophy for Pakistan.

If Rizwan gets the sack and Babar stays in his boots, this is entirely possible.

I mean; you just have to go through the team once to find what players can actually win the tournament and what players are poster boys of team.

Saim - gun opener
@Rana this is the kind of post that can make someone reconsider coming on PP again.

Dr Saab is as far from the reality as he has always been. Love How you forgot Naseem Shah or Maybe he is in the random bowlers.

@Rana this is the kind of post that can make someone reconsider coming on PP again.

Dr Saab is as far from the reality as he has always been. Love How you forgot Naseem Shah or Maybe he is in the random bowlers.
Bhai it’s personal opinion

Do you think people are not offended when they read comments like Rizwan is the greatest keeper+batsman in Pakistan history?

Doesn’t stop one from posting here. Life always goes on.

Mamoon achieved his primary goal with the OP i.e. attention

Everyone who knows him can vouch that he is not really a sincere analyst but carryon falling for his cool aid and traps.

This will happen in the future too.

The same boys who can’t really do it now, will do it in the future

Altough I like your passion, and without wanting to Hurt you, it's more posters like you who made me post mess here. I was like, how can this guy don't understand cricket at all 😅. And from what I read, you haven't changed a lot.

Mamoon is knowledgable poster but he is drive by an agenda, political agenda otherwise you don't go from "Imran Khan Best cricketer ever from Asia" to "Jadeja a better all rounder than Imran Khan". I know from Where his hate against Pakistan comes.

He is trying his best to re

Saim - gun opener
Why do you think Amir and imad will lift the cup?
You really think they will handover cup to them after winning it.
They both will get paid for these three months vacation (now go and play for leagues)

Welcome back bro. You have been missed.

Yes because until Babar didn’t put on the yellow Zalmi shirt, the flick of the switch moment didn’t happen
So all the arguments with @heddie19 , @Mobashir and @Bilal7 were for nothing.
You people are showing that you have a one-track mind because you lack the capacity to juxtapose two different situations and lines of argument.

I will continue to dish the same treatment to @Mobashir & @heddie19 if they come with their agenda that Babar is better than Kohli and Rohit, or Babar is better than them at his age, or that Babar will be as good if not better than them by the time he is finished with his cricket.

Right now, I can name you 2-3 Indian batsmen other than the big two who are better than Babar or will be better by the time they retire. In fact, India produces 2-3 better players than Babar every generation.

However, at the same time, I will not tolerate anyone telling me that Babar is some average player or that he has the same overall utility as someone like Imad or that Pakistan should cast him aside in favor of Amir and Imad.

We have to remember that although Babar is not as good as Indian batsmen, he is in a class of his own when it comes to Pakistani batsmen and he is playing for the least talented cricketing nation ever.

Babar has received OTT criticism because his delusional fans compare him to players who will always be better than him. Is it Babar's fault that he is not as good as Kohli and Rohit? Similarly, Babar is now receiving OTT criticism because his delusional haters think he is some crap player and average players like Imad are more valuable than him.

As I keep telling people, I'm good for 20-25 people at a time and we have 3-4 posters who think they can hold me accountable by ganging up on me. I find it cute. The only reason why I have put a threshold of 25 people is that it is probably the number of elaborate posts I can make in an hour.

I've lost count of the number of threads calling for boycotts in the last few years. What's harder to count is the number of people actually sticking to them.

People must stop viewing the Pakistan cricket team as akin to enlisting in the Army. Cricket (or any job for that matter) is a business where allegiances change as per convenience and self-interest, and where services are sold to the highest bidder. I'm sure the OP would have food for thought if offered better wages for less hours in a more organised clinic or hospital. Whether we like it or not, the days of cricketers playing out of love for the chand sitara is over.

Players now have multiple avenues to earn a stable income outside the PCB central contract. And frankly, I don't blame them wanting to escape the world's most inept, politicised and chaotic cricket board whose policies swing like a pendulum, where the Chairman changes more than one changes socks, and employ a revolving door of coaches and selectors each with their personal likes/dislikes. Cricketers have limited windows to maximise their income and build generational wealth for their families - bowlers even more so.

Did I want Amir and Imad to retire ? No. Have they always conducted themselves professionally? No. However PCB's job is to assemble the 15 cricketers most likely to succeed in WI/USA conditions at the T20 World Cup - not conduct morality tests or surround the captain with the mates he wants to go out for dinner with. Time will tell if they're right.

More pertinent is the indictment on the state of our bench strength, domestic cricket and the fallacy of "talent in every corner" that we're dragging out of retirement two past their prime players before a World Cup. Infact, PCB are doing what the OP repeatedly advocates - by reviving Amir and Imad's careers they've accepted the limits of its talent pool and refused to swallow the hype of the latest PSL flavour of the month.

Finally, there's something far more worthy of condemnation than two cricketers coming out of retirement. How can a PCB Chairman moonlight as the Interior Minister ? Make no mistake by not fully committing to a crucial office - the blood of the next suicide bomb victims will be on Mohsin Naqvi's hands.

However, at the same time, I will not tolerate anyone telling me that Babar is some average player or that he has the same overall utility as someone like Imad or that Pakistan should cast him aside in favor of Amir and Imad.

Not sure who has referred to Babar as an average player but the truth is these are hollow words from someone who has said worse about him. Within the last six months, you clearly insinuated that he is a selfish player:

Capture 2.JPG

I want to hear your thoughts.

Saim - gun opener
But who asked this gun bowler, world and championship class and whatever to get out-bowled by 3-4 local bowlers in the PSL who don't have a prayer of getting picked for the T20I team any time soon?

Amir did absolutely nothing in the PSL to warrant selection.

Not sure who has referred to Babar as an average player but the truth is these are hollow words from someone who has said worse about him. Within the last six months, you clearly insinuated that he is a selfish player:

View attachment 142914

I want to hear your thoughts.
Babar played poorly and selfishly at the World Cup. Does that mean all his great performances over the years are cancelled out and does that mean he should be crucified forever?

The most selfish innings I have ever seen in my life was by a certain Yuvraj Singh in a T20 World Cup Final, and the same Yuvraj Singh is rightfully celebrated as one of the India's great match winners in LOI cricket a high impact player.

Lets not make it too complicated, its the world cup and the best available players should make the team , even if PCB has to reach out to some "retired " players. Amir and Imad both are big match players and match winner, particularly Amir , who has won more ICC trophies for Pakistan than any other pacers .I'm glad he is back .

I've lost count of the number of threads calling for boycotts in the last few years. What's harder to count is the number of people actually sticking to them.

People must stop viewing the Pakistan cricket team as akin to enlisting in the Army. Cricket (or any job for that matter) is a business where allegiances change as per convenience and self-interest, and where services are sold to the highest bidder. I'm sure the OP would have food for thought if offered better wages for less hours in a more organised clinic or hospital. Whether we like it or not, the days of cricketers playing out of love for the chand sitara is over.

Players now have multiple avenues to earn a stable income outside the PCB central contract. And frankly, I don't blame them wanting to escape the world's most inept, politicised and chaotic cricket board whose policies swing like a pendulum, where the Chairman changes more than one changes socks, and employ a revolving door of coaches and selectors each with their personal likes/dislikes. Cricketers have limited windows to maximise their income and build generational wealth for their families - bowlers even more so.

Did I want Amir and Imad to retire ? No. Have they always conducted themselves professionally? No. However PCB's job is to assemble the 15 cricketers most likely to succeed in WI/USA conditions at the T20 World Cup - not conduct morality tests or surround the captain with the mates he wants to go out for dinner with. Time will tell if they're right.

More pertinent is the indictment on the state of our bench strength, domestic cricket and the fallacy of "talent in every corner" that we're dragging out of retirement two past their prime players before a World Cup. Infact, PCB are doing what the OP repeatedly advocates - by reviving Amir and Imad's careers they've accepted the limits of its talent pool and refused to swallow the hype of the latest PSL flavour of the month.

Finally, there's something far more worthy of condemnation than two cricketers coming out of retirement. How can a PCB Chairman moonlight as the Interior Minister ? Make no mistake by not fully committing to a crucial office - the blood of the next suicide bomb victims will be on Mohsin Naqvi's hands.

I don't have a problem with Naqvi holding this position and the PCB Chairman because effectively, it only means he is doing his job as a PCB Chairman, but it is clear that he is not up to the task as PCB Chairman because he is reactionary and slave to player power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Another brilliant post. This gets my POTW nomination.

The highlight for me was the part about "not surround the captain with mates he wants to go out for dinner with". A lot of people forget what the environment was like during Babar's captaincy and how this clique was going to impact the Pakistan team on and off the field.

It would've been better for Pakistan if they had got knocked out straight after their humiliating defeat to Zimbabwe, as this would've given the wake up call that the PCB needed for them to see that Babar was no longer fit to lead the side, but all was forgotten because they fluked their way into the final.

Imad and Amir are good additions to the squad.

Doesn't mean they should have immediate spots in the XI but they're good enough for the World Cup squad. I think Imad will find a spot in the XI as he's a good spin all-rounder, while Amir will have to battle it out with Mohammad Ali, Wasim, and Rauf for that third pacer spot.

Regardless it's good depth to have for the World Cup.

I've learned to watch Pakistan cricket without thinking too much about external matters. Just focus on winning because the system is a mess with coaches, selectors, chairmen, captains being changed every other month. On top of that, the country can't even manage an election properly.

If people start boycotting, there are a hundred reasons for doing so. This pales in comparison to some of the other reasons.

Everyone knows that the Interior Minister position is the most useless ministry in the government because it is completely controlled by the establishment. Naqvi has as much of a say as an interior minister as you do. This ministry only exists because of constitutional requirements. It is a ceremonious role.

I don't have a problem with Naqvi holding this position and the PCB Chairman because effectively, it only means he is doing his job as a PCB Chairman, but it is clear that he is not up to the task as PCB Chairman because he is reactionary and slave to player power.
Even the biggest workholic cannot do justice to both roles.

Maybe this jobshare could work in a tiny, sparsely populated Caribbean island where the most violence you'll encounter is somebody kicking off for not having enough rum in his punch, but not a country located in a geostrategic flashpoint where terrorism has killed over 60,000.

Says the guy who has no issue with the shameless political regime in Pakistan.

If we boycott cricket then what do we watch? Golf?
You may watch Kabaddi as this is another team sport where Pakistan can reach the final of any tournament.

Wow.. Amir is back in the squad. The last time Pakistan won an ICC tournament was when he was spearheading the bowling unit. Would be a cracker of contest b/w Indian batters and Amir.

At least you've come to terms with this because you were bashing those for calling him selfish in the Imad thread.
Come to terms with what - I will not tolerate any agenda driven propaganda that comes from Imad cult.

Babar played selfishly in the World Cup because of certain contributory factors. He was in poor form and he was under a lot of pressure because of captaincy and he ended up playing for himself and within himself.

That however doesn’t make him a selfish player in general just like the GOAT selfish innings by Yuvraj in 2014 doesn’t make him a selfish player in general.

Also, it is rich for Imad cult to dub Babar selfish when their mediocre hero retired from international cricket for selfish reasons and has revoked his retirement because of selfish reasons.

Personally, I'm happy with the policies of Mohsin Naqvi, but it's disappointing not to select Kamran Ghulam and Ahmed Shehzad for the training camp in Kakul, considering their strong performances in the domestic season.

A lot of people forget what the environment was like during Babar's captaincy and how this clique was going to impact the Pakistan team on and off the field.

This same clique is still there but now you guys are advocating for 2 of them (Shadab and Shaheen) because they are supporting Imad and Amir's comeback, at least that's how you view it. The yaari dosti group was always in favour of Imad but you guys failed to see it. Now you're forced to backtrack

I get why you wouldn't want Amir back but I thought you had no issues with Imad?

I don't have issues with Imad being selected. I do have an issue with the board bending over to accommodate him. He's no world beater

This same clique is still there but now you guys are advocating for 2 of them (Shadab and Shaheen) because they are supporting Imad and Amir's comeback, at least that's how you view it. The yaari dosti group was always in favour of Imad but you guys failed to see it. Now you're forced to backtrack

Shadab and Shaheen deserve credit for not following Babar's footsteps but they should've done it a lot sooner than this (during Babar's reign). Oh well, better late than never. So no backtracking from me bro.

Lets not make it too complicated, its the world cup and the best available players should make the team , even if PCB has to reach out to some "retired " players. Amir and Imad both are big match players and match winner, particularly Amir , who has won more ICC trophies for Pakistan than any other pacers .I'm glad he is back .
You mean Imad the match winner who averaged 94 with the ball in cwc 19?

Saim - gun opener

Dissing everyone except the mediocre Imad Wasim.

What has supporting Babar and Rizwan got us?

Stat padding and selfish batsmen?

How come the alternative of Babar/Rizwan is Imad Wasim? He’s even worse, not a batsman neither a bowler.

Never said Babar/Riz are greats, specially the latter who is a specialist accumulator.

This is a very confusing post from you, almost as if you have found your moral backbone and are looking to repent. You repeatedly say there is no talent in Pakistan but now all of a sudden you’re worried because a couple of guys have been picked for a training camp.

What has supporting Babar and Rizwan got us?

Stat padding and selfish batsmen?
I don’t think Babar and Rizwan have fans such as this, completely dismissive of reality.

Babar is criticized for his slow batting and mediocre captaincy, even by his most ardent fans.

Rizwan aswell for his show-man theatrics nowadays and for not having improved even the slightest in terms of strike-rate.

However, Imad Wasim’s fans have completely forgotten how awful he has been at international level and somehow elevate their hero to the same status as two cricketers who have actually won a lot of games for their country.

Imad has the same stats as Nawaz, who no one wants to see in the team. He has as many match-winning performances as Nawaz, who no one wants to see in the team. Infact Nawaz’s best performances have come against better opposition compared to Imad.

So much noise for someone who doesn’t really matter. Imad Wasim’s output will never determine if Pakistan does well at the T20 World Cup.

I doubt even his biggest fans here remember he was part of the 2021 T20WC team, where Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Asif Ali (lol), Hafeez, Malik, Fakhar, Haris etc were all better performers and determined Pakistan’s way to the semi-final.

Shadab and Shaheen deserve credit for not following Babar's footsteps but they should've done it a lot sooner than this (during Babar's reign). Oh well, better late than never. So no backtracking from me bro.
If they did it during Bobby's regime, they wouldn't have even been in the team?

Theirs a reason it's called friends 11, and those babar and friends nonsense was made.

At one point they were literally going to drop fakhar a guy who despite a poor cpl and weak warmup games had still plunged 3 consecutive might 100's and they replaced him for a dude who's played 7 List A games, yet they claimed their not selecting saim because Saim is inexperienced In List A 😂.

Come to terms with what - I will not tolerate any agenda driven propaganda that comes from Imad cult.

Babar played selfishly in the World Cup because of certain contributory factors. He was in poor form and he was under a lot of pressure because of captaincy and he ended up playing for himself and within himself.

That however doesn’t make him a selfish player in general just like the GOAT selfish innings by Yuvraj in 2014 doesn’t make him a selfish player in general.

Also, it is rich for Imad cult to dub Babar selfish when their mediocre hero retired from international cricket for selfish reasons and has revoked his retirement because of selfish reasons.
This post is such a lie.

Yuvi outright admitted he was out of form even before the 2014 cup started and didn't know why the team selected him as yuvi felt he needed to improve as he wasn't fully fit, he outright said it multiple times that he was low on confidence, how he was clearly struggling and he felt India made a mistake.

Before the 2023 world cup, Babar didn't say he was low on confidence, he and his team made statements on how their the best in the world and after that mighty 100 against NZ c team and 150 against Nepal, everyone was going off on how it was a goat innings.

Yuvi didn't score 50 of 40, He scored 11 of 21 desperately trying to hit but genuinely felt like a tail ender out their. He tried his best but was unable to, and he was honest about it multiple times.

Babar on the other hand was coming from a mighty 150 and all of the sudden his form vanishes overnight? In the world cup? Lol.

These snail pace 50's that babar scores is massively different from yuvi genuinely being unable to perform.

Where was this so called i have lost form before the world cup or asia cup? Why did it happen straight after the nepal game?

Secondly don't ever compare what yuvi does to what Babar does, one guy has gave Stuart broad a permanent nightmare, the other guy gets nightmares from rashid Khan and kuldeep yadav.

I don’t think Babar and Rizwan have fans such as this, completely dismissive of reality.

Babar is criticized for his slow batting and mediocre captaincy, even by his most ardent fans.

Rizwan aswell for his show-man theatrics nowadays and for not having improved even the slightest in terms of strike-rate.

However, Imad Wasim’s fans have completely forgotten how awful he has been at international level and somehow elevate their hero to the same status as two cricketers who have actually won a lot of games for their country.

Imad has the same stats as Nawaz, who no one wants to see in the team. He has as many match-winning performances as Nawaz, who no one wants to see in the team. Infact Nawaz’s best performances have come against better opposition compared to Imad.

So much noise for someone who doesn’t really matter. Imad Wasim’s output will never determine if Pakistan does well at the T20 World Cup.

I doubt even his biggest fans here remember he was part of the 2021 T20WC team, where Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Asif Ali (lol), Hafeez, Malik, Fakhar, Haris etc were all better performers and determined Pakistan’s way to the semi-final.
Imad is best all-rounder ever because he speaks against Babar

This is one of the saddest threads I have seen here. It's honestly numbing to see how polarised Pakistan cricket has become since 2019. I won't even blame OP or any of the other posters for their disdain towards other players in the national team when all of these ideas were manufactured post 2019. The division and destruction of Pakistan cricket and it's supporters can only really be blamed on two men and one organisation. Misbah Ul Haq, Mohammad Rizwan and Saya Corps

Back