Sincere Pakistan cricket fans should boycott this regime

We are kind of like Everton now. We have had our glory years, and now the only thing that keeps us going is the odd day here and there for us to celebrate.

There is no point boycotting. We have all invested too much. The occasional day of punching above our weight will make us smile. Thats all we can hope for.

Until Babar Azam doesn’t move to number 3, you can continue to try and make things work with bits and pieces players filling up the 3-5 positions

Usman Khan is not a number 3. He is an opener.

Fakhar Zaman is not a number 4. He is an opener
Usman Khan at 3 : 125 average, 164 SR
Usman Khan at 1,2: 39 average, 158 SR

Nothing I truly want happens,

In return, Pakistan suffers in the long run. Not my fault I guess
Well, you did want Imad and Amir back and they came back and we're 2-1 down to a NZ c-team at home.

What’s wrong with his stats as an opener?
I didn't say anything? YOU made the active claim that he's NOT a number 3 and a BETTER opener than number 3.

The onus is on you to explain why you made that claim in the form of a fact when all stats prove otherwise?

I didn't say anything? YOU made the active claim that he's NOT a number 3 and a BETTER opener than number 3.

The onus is on you to explain why you made that claim in the form of a fact when all stats prove otherwise?
I’m not explaining anything

He’s an opener. End of discussion.

Posters need to figure out one thing.

No matter who is the captain of Pakistan, and who is playing at what number , Pakistan cricket is mediocre and have limited talent. We all want to see them do better than SENA and India .. but its not gonna happen. Our domestic cricket is trying to get a blood out of stone. Its not gonna happen

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rana

If you think Amir and Imad make Pakistan a better team, you are inadvertently saying that Pakistan will win the World Cup this time around because if Pakistan could make the finals last time without them and with Babar as captain, what would be a better outcome than that?

Winning the World Cup. Are you willing to bet on Amir and Imad firing Pakistan to the trophy?

We might not make the finals but we sure as hell won’t be losing to Zimbabwe in a WT20💀

You were crying for Babar to be made captain, the last two games we lost was on Babar and Rizwan, the 2 accumulators that can’t bat till the end.

In the 3rd T20i, who was to blame for the loss? There was no Amir and Imad.

Not following Pakistan cricket at the moment. Have we started winning matches and started uprooting trees after we brought back “winners” and “cool minded” players like Amir and Imad? What has changed after their inclusion?

@Rana @mominsaigol @topspin @Dr_Bassim
Your claim was Pakistan has a very good team that can win the world cup but won't win because imad and Amir will be the reason for said lose due to their terrible bowling and imad's terrible finishing capabilities.

However now you've been told that imad and Amir are doing better then their piers while the people you claimed were better then they are, are performing miserably so as @Rana mentioned yes you're backtracking.

I have the SS of you claiming they'll fail only because of imad and Amir and without these 2, Babar the world class bat and captain who you proclaimed was more then capable to win the cup.

Again I repeat your words were

" Pakistan is more then capable of winning the cup under Babar ams the current team set up but won't due to imad and Amir inclusion in the team"

^^ Yet now you've been told that without inad and Amir we'd be even further down the dumps.

Pakistan made the final last time with Babar as captain and without Amir and Imad in the team.

This time, we have the same captain but we also have the two highly acclaimed match winners.

So logically, Amir and Imad should at help Pakistan achieve parity with the last World Cup if not go one better?
This is a pretty poor argument from you bro

Mainly because you yourself have debunked this argument from your 2022 comments 😂😂.

Nothing changes..the babay boomers run the show.. I am boycotting till I see change..

Pakistan are not winning anything with both babar and rizwan in the team. You can bookmark or do what you want.

With that mindset you will forever be mediocre.

These two are almost as bad for the team as Misbah was.

Pakistan are not winning anything with both babar and rizwan in the team. You can bookmark or do what you want.

Babar has participated in six tournaments without securing a single cup.

Rizwan is out for 4th and 5th T20Is.

Result is the same.

Rizwan is out for 4th and 5th T20Is.

Result is the same.
I mean we need both gone - but Rizwan is a good start. Give a babar-Rizwan-less team some time (like some request e.g. “give babar some time”, “give Rizwan a bit of space”, give “Misbah some extra time yaar”)

Then let’s see who’s right.

Even if the results are the same - if they are then fine, move on. Build a team for the future.

Why persist with failures?

First and foremost

1. Pakistan had no business to make the finals of the World Cup last time. They were never one of the top 2-3 teams in the tournament. Things worked out for them at the time. But results before and after the World Cup proved they are a fluke side.

2. Pakistan are definitely improved with 2 seasoned T20 cricketers in their ranks now. What’s the issue with this?

3. Pakistan can improve further if Babar bats at 3, and two proper T20 openers open the innings.

4. Pakistan will improve further if they get rid of this fascination of making Shadab work as a 5th or 6th bowler. If they keep it simple with 4 overs of Abrar as their main, banker spinner

These are honest, simple suggestions
Business or no business, Pakistan were in the final of the World Cup with Babar as captain. No one asked South Africa and New Zealand to lose to Pakistan.

Now if Pakistan don’t go all the way this time, there will be no use of bringing Amir and Imad back.

In fact, they have already proved to be useless because Pakistan is huffing and puffing to save series vs New Zealand D at home.

We might not make the finals but we sure as hell won’t be losing to Zimbabwe in a WT20💀

You were crying for Babar to be made captain, the last two games we lost was on Babar and Rizwan, the 2 accumulators that can’t bat till the end.

In the 3rd T20i, who was to blame for the loss? There was no Amir and Imad.
So what if Pakistan lost to Zimbabwe? They still made the final. The second best possible outcome.

Who asked South Africa and New Zealand to lose to Pakistan?

Your claim was Pakistan has a very good team that can win the world cup but won't win because imad and Amir will be the reason for said lose due to their terrible bowling and imad's terrible finishing capabilities.

However now you've been told that imad and Amir are doing better then their piers while the people you claimed were better then they are, are performing miserably so as @Rana mentioned yes you're backtracking.

I have the SS of you claiming they'll fail only because of imad and Amir and without these 2, Babar the world class bat and captain who you proclaimed was more then capable to win the cup.

Again I repeat your words were

" Pakistan is more then capable of winning the cup under Babar ams the current team set up but won't due to imad and Amir inclusion in the team"

^^ Yet now you've been told that without inad and Amir we'd be even further down the dumps.
I don’t remember saying this. Can you please quote the post so that I can review what I said and in what context?

What I think is that Pakistan’s chances of winning the World Cup don’t increase by adding two poor cricketers like Amir and Imad to the team.

They have already proved that it is a waste of time based on the outcome of the series vs New Zealand D.

Accept that we are a poor cricket team and don’t try to talk poor cricketers out of retirement who have made significant contributions over the years to establish Pakistan as a poor cricket team.

I don’t remember saying this. Can you please quote the post so that I can review what I said and in what context?

What I think is that Pakistan’s chances of winning the World Cup don’t increase by adding two poor cricketers like Amir and Imad to the team.

They have already proved that it is a waste of time based on the outcome of the series vs New Zealand D.
Sure so the thing is, the message was edited, I don't blame it because things got heated for a while and everyone was on edge, but khair now it's calm after the storm atleast. So here's your edited message

If I were a Pakistan hater I would love to see Amir and Imad back. Having two expired players back in the team makes Pakistan worse than they currently are.

But I stand by people who act with grace, dignity and magnanimity and Babar has all those qualities that Imad and Amir lack in abundance.

^^ This message is in the pcb set to reappoint babar thread.

Anyway the original message was about how babar rightfully deserves to be reappointed, and that under Babar the team is more then capable of reaching the world cup and winning but won't win because imad and Amir are terrible bowlers.

However even under said message you've claimed that these 2 will make Pakistan worse then they currently are even though atm these 2 are performing better then their piers.

BTW off topic we have gone back and forth on this and you said Pakistan might not win the final but I if babar makes it to semi's I think it'll be good enough. You advocated that he changed as a captain in psl but prior he was under pressure and wasn't ready to take captaincy however after a break he's ready now.

^^ The point is he's not ready, he seems to be even under more pressure then before and making worse decisions then he was during the wc 2023.

I dont think their poor because their performing better then their piers, but ues i do agaree with you whole heartedly. Pakistan's chances don't increase by adding these 2 because Amir and Imad are only better then nawaz and rauf, but their not on the level of other SENA teams and aren't going to make an impact beyond that. Sena is crushing this team. 100% agree.

Sure so the thing is, the message was edited, I don't blame it because things got heated for a while and everyone was on edge, but khair now it's calm after the storm atleast. So here's your edited message

If I were a Pakistan hater I would love to see Amir and Imad back. Having two expired players back in the team makes Pakistan worse than they currently are.

But I stand by people who act with grace, dignity and magnanimity and Babar has all those qualities that Imad and Amir lack in abundance.

^^ This message is in the pcb set to reappoint babar thread.

Anyway the original message was about how babar rightfully deserves to be reappointed, and that under Babar the team is more then capable of reaching the world cup and winning but won't win because imad and Amir are terrible bowlers.

However even under said message you've claimed that these 2 will make Pakistan worse then they currently are even though atm these 2 are performing better then their piers.

BTW off topic we have gone back and forth on this and you said Pakistan might not win the final but I if babar makes it to semi's I think it'll be good enough. You advocated that he changed as a captain in psl but prior he was under pressure and wasn't ready to take captaincy however after a break he's ready now.

^^ The point is he's not ready, he seems to be even under more pressure then before and making worse decisions then he was during the wc 2023.

I dont think their poor because their performing better then their piers, but ues i do agaree with you whole heartedly. Pakistan's chances don't increase by adding these 2 because Amir and Imad are only better then nawaz and rauf, but their not on the level of other SENA teams and aren't going to make an impact beyond that. Sena is crushing this team. 100% agree.
You might not know this but there seems to be a lot of back tracking and denial going on
You should demand an apology.

So what if Pakistan lost to Zimbabwe? They still made the final. The second best possible outcome.

Who asked South Africa and New Zealand to lose to Pakistan?
This part is weird,

Amir was one of the reasons for 2009 and 2017 victory, so he already contributed in 2 victories over babar and had significant contributions.

So why not count those?

Who asked babar and rizwan to botch asia xuo 2022 final and the final? No one.

This part is weird,

Amir was one of the reasons for 2009 and 2017 victory, so he already contributed in 2 victories over babar and had significant contributions.

So why not count those?

Who asked babar and rizwan to botch asia xuo 2022 final and the final? No one.
Amir is a moments player and he has had his moments. I don’t deny that.

But it is not 2009 and and it is not 2017. It is 2024 and Amir is a player who well in his 30s and retired from international cricket 4 years ago.

The last time I saw him was in the PSL and he looked like a retired bowler playing exhibition cricket and got outperformed by several local pacers who are not even on the selectors’ radar right now.

Amir is a washed up, retired bowler in 2024 and he has no business playing for Pakistan anymore.

Amir is a moments player and he has had his moments. I don’t deny that.

But it is not 2009 and and it is not 2017. It is 2024 and Amir is a player who well in his 30s and retired from international cricket 4 years ago.

The last time I saw him was in the PSL and he looked like a retired bowler playing exhibition cricket and got outperformed by several local pacers who are not even on the selectors’ radar right now.

Amir is a washed up, retired bowler in 2024 and he has no business playing for Pakistan anymore.

I remember you saying you prefered Amir in the Pakistan team over Haris Rauf and Naseem Shah. What changed? You should be happy

Business or no business, Pakistan were in the final of the World Cup with Babar as captain. No one asked South Africa and New Zealand to lose to Pakistan.

Now if Pakistan don’t go all the way this time, there will be no use of bringing Amir and Imad back.

In fact, they have already proved to be useless because Pakistan is huffing and puffing to save series vs New Zealand D at home.
Mamoon I respect you a lot as a poster. But I remember very clearly how you were going on about Pakistan's T20 WC 2022 tournament being the most fluke achievement ever. Where everything went Pakistan's way, and that Pakistan under Babar Azam was the most undeserving player to play the wt20 final.

Now that you have found some love for Babar Azam you are defending his captaincy and claiming Pakistan deserved to play the final.

We should learn to accept that this is a team game. When a team wins then it is a team effort and when a team loses, the whole team loses. Yes a player can excel in win situation and a player can be a reason for a defeat as well but we cannot be talking about any player individually in both situations. It is not snooker or table tennis, this is cricket.

I want our team to win, no matter which players perfroms.

Amir is a serious upgrade over gun barrel straight tape ball bowler Haris Rauf, there shouldn’t even be any argument about it, Amir is a proper bowler with skills and brains.

Similarly Imad is better than Nawaz for sure, a better batsman and a more economical bowler.

Irrespective of Pakistan winning/losing this world cup , Amir and Imad surely deserve to be a part of their playing eleven as they are better than their peers.

Amir is a serious upgrade over gun barrel straight tape ball bowler Haris Rauf, there shouldn’t even be any argument about it, Amir is a proper bowler with skills and brains.

Similarly Imad is better than Nawaz for sure, a better batsman and a more economical bowler.

Irrespective of Pakistan winning/losing this world cup , Amir and Imad surely deserve to be a part of their playing eleven as they are better than their peers.
Haris is probably a superior death over bowler than Shaheen and co but he was ruined because he was asked to bowl in the PP and with his pace and gun-barrel straight deliveries, this was always bound to happen. Not like he tried to improve, he did nothing to cope up with this thing and here we go, he is looking like a nothing bowler since few months.

Sincere Pakistan fans need to boycott the babar regime even if you guys think Babar is a good player( I personally think he's regressed sinc 2022 his declining avg and sr showcase it but khair)

Under babar's so called regime we have so far

1) Discarded Muhammad Haris at no 3 and opening despite him saving babar and rizwan in 2022 wc for horrific performance.

2) Have had a history of pacers getting injured or losing pace or both due to poor rotation policy (Ihsanullah, Naseem, Shaheen(Broken finger during wc 2023), Hasan Ali(became a hasbeen under babar))

3) Had ego issues which resulted in abrar and inad not getting selected for the cup(Unad was correct on not trusting babar considering babar wants him to warm the bench)

4) Babar has also constantly shouted at his team and youngsters for failing under pressure and threw zaman khan under the bus during the asia cup 2023, okay fair enough zaman khan was poor, yet he decided to praise shadab amd nawaz on cloud 9 for amazing performances, even though those 2 were the jokes of the cup?

5) Babar also doesn't lead by example, sure he wants to open and lead from the front however he has

A) Stated in multiple interviews that he's only a t20 anchor and wants others to play around him and rizwan outright showing his lack of intent.

B) Defended his approach and slow score in the 2nd t20 game claiming that It was Shadab’s duty to bat out his skin and not his.

6) His captaincy has been so poor that his own decisions have resulted in lost games, he's burnt out pacers and has caused nawaz to bowl in the final over 2x, like bro why? Nawaz can't take a wicket fir his life? What did you think was gonna happen?

7) The whole team has gotten overweight and unfit under him, kakul camp was too much for our players even though the regime was a standard run of the mill gym workout that normal people do everyday.

Guys if you're a part of those that hate Amir and Imad, that's fine. I get where you're coming from, Amir has fixed and did cause a huge disgrace in 2010.

Imad idk why you guys hate, all he did was rightfully critise babar, but if you don't like his attitude cause he does have an attitude, That's also fine.

Imad and Amir don't need to be in the team, I'm okay with that.

But neither does babar. If you compare Babar vs Imad, Babar has caused more harm to Pakistan then Imad can and ever even possibly could in his lifetime.

Although Amir is a weird one, On one hand he caused the most harm to Pakistan in its history in 2010, while also being the main contributing factor of winning 2009 and 2017, so he's kinda on both of the extreme spectrums.

I remember you saying you prefered Amir in the Pakistan team over Haris Rauf and Naseem Shah. What changed? You should be happy
I saw Amir in the PSL and he was bang average. He was outperformed by 4/5 local bowlers and the fact that he was selected ahead of them is a slap in the face of merit.

No one asked Amir to get outperformed by local bowlers who are not even on PCB’s radar. The only thing that stopped him from out performing them was his own mediocrity.

Mamoon I respect you a lot as a poster. But I remember very clearly how you were going on about Pakistan's T20 WC 2022 tournament being the most fluke achievement ever. Where everything went Pakistan's way, and that Pakistan under Babar Azam was the most undeserving player to play the wt20 final.

Now that you have found some love for Babar Azam you are defending his captaincy and claiming Pakistan deserved to play the final.
You don’t always get what you deserve in life. The only thing that matters is the outcome. Life gives you opportunities not guarantees.

Finishing runners up in the previous T20 World Cup was a very respectable outcome and every team bar England would happily be where Pakistan were in the the tournament.

With Amir and Imad back, unless Pakistan go onto win the World Cup this time, their return would have zero impact on the team.

“Babar Azam in Powerplay Tonight:
34 Runs on 19 balls
SR of 179.

Babar Azam in Overs (7-12):
19 Runs on 17 balls
SR of 111 only.
He has scored 0 boundaries after powerplay in the next 6 overs.
He reached his 50 in 35 deliveries.
This guy will never change”

Is this true?

Boycotting it will make no difference when it is the only Sport Pak plays. It would make no difference whatsoever. Come the WC we will all be glued to our TV, laptops or phones boycott or not.

You don’t always get what you deserve in life. The only thing that matters is the outcome. Life gives you opportunities not guarantees.

Finishing runners up in the previous T20 World Cup was a very respectable outcome and every team bar England would happily be where Pakistan were in the the tournament.

With Amir and Imad back, unless Pakistan go onto win the World Cup this time, their return would have zero impact on the team.
Nice way to Not answer his question as to why you backtracked.

Back