Sohail Tanvir - When will the torture end?

Malik is a poor man's Hafeez at best although I loved the 2003-2008 Malik but I won't take that version over Hafeez as well.

Pre-2009 Malik was much better than Hafeez since Hafeez averaged < 20 with the bat in that period and Malik was good with both bat and ball at the time.

While after his recall in 2010, Hafeez has been pretty good. Averages 30 odd with the bat and bowls economically as well. While Malik's performance has dipped horribly during this period.

Could Hafeez ever be as consistent as Malik has during the CPL and Natwest Blast?

Pre-2009 Malik was much better than Hafeez since Hafeez averaged < 20 with the bat in that period and Malik was good with both bat and ball at the time.

While after his recall in 2010, Hafeez has been pretty good. Averages 30 odd with the bat and bowls economically as well. While Malik's performance has dipped horribly during this period.

Malik's batting in his peak compared to Hafeez's batting post 2010 is clearly debatable and for me a difficult decision. However, Malik the bowler was pretty much finished in 2004 when he was reported and stopped bowling the doosra. He lost his wicket taking ability and and wasn't the best container as well like Hafeez.

All in all, I consider Malik and Kamran the biggest tragedies of Pakistan cricket in the last decade (other than the spot fixing trio). These two had all the talent in the world and were well on their as well in terms of performances but lost their way dramatically.

Razzaq is also a big sad story. Other than the one odd match, he did nothing for Pakistan between 2005 and 2011 which should have been his peak years. His bowling ability diminished ridiculously and batting became less and less potent. Pakistan could have achieved so much in ODIs if these three players would have fulfilled their potential.

We could have had the best WK batsman, allrounder and a world class middle order batsman in the same era.

With YK in ODI squad, only one from Sharjeel-Fawad-Maqsood trio will play in final XI. Balance of the team will really be disturbed. I would prefer Maqsood in final XI.

I would have gone for an extra pacer or WK instead of YK.

But you never know, YK might announce his ODI retirement just before WC if he is not in good form like Jacques Kallis.

But you never know, YK might announce his ODI retirement just before WC if he is not in good form like Jacques Kallis.

:)))

Good joke, mate.

He doesn't accept that he has been terrible in ODIs and he was "shocked" to be dropped from the ODI team.

Could Hafeez ever be as consistent as Malik has during the CPL and Natwest Blast?

Agreed, Malik should be picked for CPL/Natwest or Domestic games. Hafeez should be selected for the international matches.

Malik belongs at the domestic level, while Hafeez is an international level cricketer.

With YK in ODI squad, only one from Sharjeel-Fawad-Maqsood trio will play in final XI. Balance of the team will really be disturbed. I would prefer Maqsood in final XI.

I would have gone for an extra pacer or WK instead of YK.

He hasn't been in good form since 2009.

Credit to Tanvir.. looking at the scoreboards for the CPL and he has been making runs.

Oh my goodness.

He has done it again.

Making PAKISTANIS proud in the WI.

Finished another game. 20* off 7

Finished the game with a 6.

I'm starting to like him!

Champion player in T20 leagues, and a very decent bowler in T20Is for Pakistan. Should continue to play T20Is for us. But that's about it.

I want Tool Kit out of domestic cricket now, or at least banned from captaincy

shameless player

I want Tool Kit out of domestic cricket now, or at least banned from captaincy

shameless player

I for one cannot understand, why is the world would someone make him captain in the first place.

When Amin and Hammad are in the team.And then they cry we don't have future captains.

A smooth operator in T20 cricket, one bad game doesn't change anything, just a bad day at the office. :sohail

Brings value to the team, we will be an automatic pick for me in T20s.

Last edited:
Calm down people. If you can take the Haier Cup into account, then you can definitely take the CPL into account where he made Pakistan proud.

It's pretty obvious that he is working hard on improving his batting, and we should appreciate that. Still easily our best T20 bowler.

A smooth operator in T20 cricket, one bad game doesn't change anything, just a bad day at the office. :sohail

Brings value to the team, we will be an automatic pick for me in T20s.

You want him to play and be the captain in T20Is, and that is exactly the problem. Selfish.

Calm down people. If you can take the Haier Cup into account, then you can definitely take the CPL into account where he made Pakistan proud.

It's pretty obvious that he is working hard on improving his batting, and we should appreciate that. Still easily our best T20 bowler.

Please stop deluding yourself.He is a nothing bowler.Show me one great performance of his at the international scene.Gets tonked around whenever he plays.And is possibly the worst fielder in the side too.

Please stop deluding yourself.He is a nothing bowler.Show me one great performance of his at the international scene.Gets tonked around whenever he plays.And is possibly the worst fielder in the side too.

So who is better? Gul, Junaid or Bhatti? Tanvir may not have a BBI like Umar Gul does, but he is one of our most consistent performers.

Some good performances that come to mind are his two wickets vs WI in a T20 in 2013, his last over vs SA in 2013 when he made up for Junaid's incompetence. Most recently, his spell vs the Windies in the WT20.

Can definitely hold a bat as well. So what exactly is the problem?

I hope that he will be fired. I wish to never see him play again. Every wicket he takes is a negative for PAK as it'll cost us long term. Has no brain whatsoever.

Any chances of him being dropped after that horrible shot he played vs Maxwell?

He was dropped after WT20 2014 but Why they picked him again?

His performance in recent Domestic T20 is awful

Bowling: Average 57, Wickets 2, ECO 9.58, SR 36

His last spell against the WI was brilliant! I don't care that he only took the one wicket there.

As was his last ODI bowling performance.

Talk about a grudge against him!

His last spell against the WI was brilliant! I don't care that he only took the one wicket there.

As was his last ODI bowling performance.

Talk about a grudge against him!

Same can be said for YK. He performed in Test hence they selected him ODIs.

Tannu's performance doesn't warrant a selection

Same can be said for YK. He performed in Test hence they selected him ODIs.

Tannu's performance doesn't warrant a selection

YK performed in the Tests, and was wrongfully selected in the ODI's.

Tannu performed in his last T20I and ODI, and was hence selected in both formats.

Tanvir is a player that fans like to hate. He's not as bad as people make him out to be. Had a decent outing against Australia

Tanvir is a player that fans like to hate. He's not as bad as people make him out to be. Had a decent outing against Australia
So did anwar ali, a guy who barely takes a wicket a game isn't work it. People say he is a new ball bowler despite the fact he averages 40 in the first ten overs. That goes along with awful fielding and awful attitude

So did anwar ali, a guy who barely takes a wicket a game isn't work it. People say he is a new ball bowler despite the fact he averages 40 in the first ten overs. That goes along with awful fielding and awful attitude

what is this "awful" attitude...i am mystified.
I am not sure If anwar ali picked up 3 or 4 wickets against Oz in the last odi, did he?

I am not sure If anwar ali picked up 3 or 4 wickets against Oz in the last odi, did he?

Doesn't matter if he had one where he took 3 wickets. He's still a trash bowler, who never deserved a chance on a Pakistan National team, maybe T20s but never ODIs.

Doesn't matter if he had one where he took 3 wickets. He's still a trash bowler, who never deserved a chance on a Pakistan National team, maybe T20s but never ODIs.

i have always seen him bowl well with the new ball.
what 'awful' attitude?

Refusing a single so he could be the hero and going for the glory shot twice when there was a game to be won and a competent player with him, doubt even afridi would do that.

His continuous refusal to put any effort into fielding. His continuous awful treatment of Hammad that even Saj has indicated here and there are few more things that i wish I could post but doing so will rack up the infractions.

I don't hate players for being awful, but I hate them for being cancerous and when it comes to that farhat any tanvir top the list

Refusing a single so he could be the hero and going for the glory shot twice when there was a game to be won and a competent player with him, doubt even afridi would do that.

His continuous refusal to put any effort into fielding. His continuous awful treatment of Hammad that even Saj has indicated here and there are few more things that i wish I could post but doing so will rack up the infractions.

I don't hate players for being awful, but I hate them for being cancerous and when it comes to that farhat any tanvir top the list

not enough there for me to hate.... he is incisive with the new ball...thats all that matters.
Keeping an eye on the world cup: i dont know what our fast bowling attack will look like....too many left handers

not enough there for me to hate.... he is incisive with the new ball...thats all that matters.
Keeping an eye on the world cup: i dont know what our fast bowling attack will look like....too many left handers

Please tell how he is incisive when he averages 41 in the first ten overs of a game?

Just because he can generate swing doesn't mean he's good with the new ball. He's wayward at any time, he's like at best a much slower, unorthodox, and a poor-mans version of Umar Gul. That's really not saying much about his came.

Just wait and see Tanvir will bowl 2 magnificent deliveries like Akram in the WC Final at MCG :boycott

Sohail "The Sultan Of Swing" Tanvir.

The Most Valuable Player in T20's for Pakistan.

Next T20 Captain.

3rd odi? Vs Australia?

I see. Anything else?? Or are you just gonna gloat about one match in his entire career.

Care to explain why he has such a pathetic record or why he averages over 40 inside the first ten, if he is so good with the new ball??

I see. Anything else?? Or are you just gonna gloat about one match in his entire career.

Care to explain why he has such a pathetic record or why he averages over 40 inside the first ten, if he is so good with the new ball??

I can't gloat. His record is aweful.
Not sure if he is the first choice left armer: irfan, wahab, junaid (may be)

You're in favour of Shafiq being in the ODI team right? Care to explain why he has such a pathetic average of 26, with a SR of 69?

Tanvir is a good selection for Twenty20 without a doubt, but his inclusion in the ODI team is questionable indeed.

Agreed. ^

But I just don't like the fact that you can justify something on the basis of a number.

This chap is lucky. Mediocre with new ball, poor fielder and terrible death bowler. Some how escapes from criticism. :inti

Rubbish cricketer alongside Anwar Ali.

Hurts to see him running in with his ugly action. Can't bat under pressure and is the worst fielder in the world. He has a horrible stinking attitude and his body language is awful. He has some huge connections to get into this team.

I didn't bother watching the match after reading Anwar Ali , Hafeez and Sohail tanvir's names in the sqaud. Seriously, these guys are a curse for our team. naa bowler, naa batsman aur naa all rounder. garbage players.

Hopefully he will be smashed again in the last ODI and miss out on the World Cup squad.

How can you blame Tanvir with the bat? Yes, you can definitely criticize his bowling effort, but he certainly batted better than Anwar who was lucky to say the least. Those two top edged fours added to his tally of runs, but he was rubbish with the bat. Had Tanvir been facing those last three deliveries, we would have had a good chance of getting home.

Tanvir needs to realise he is allowed to hit the ball anywhere not just leg side...EVERY shot is a swing leg side. He has been playing for years yet has 1 shot...a swing to the legside! He's probably hit a handful of sixers yet is regarded as a "dangerous" batsmen down the order. He is nothing but a tailender.

Sohail tanvir YOU ARE NOTHING YOU ARE A FOOL AND YOUR A WASTE OF TIME....GOODNITE!

Tanvir needs to realise he is allowed to hit the ball anywhere not just leg side...EVERY shot is a swing leg side. He has been playing for years yet has 1 shot...a swing to the legside! He's probably hit a handful of sixers yet is regarded as a "dangerous" batsmen down the order. He is nothing but a tailender.

Sohail tanvir YOU ARE NOTHING YOU ARE A FOOL AND YOUR A WASTE OF TIME....GOODNITE!

:))) :)))
kukad taken to the cleaners.

Continues to be rubbish.

Annilhilated in todays game. Bowling absolute filth.

10 overs 2 for 72.

Those two wickets were cheap wickets. Of the centurion and then Malik on 68. Both were slogging out. He was useless as ever bowling filth.

He had fine leg up in the ring and he was bowling slower ball bouncers on the leg side :))

Torture torture.

Once again he has been smashed for 68 runs off his 10 overs. No wickets.

Rubbish bowler.

Fawad Alam scored 34 runs of 16 balls (5 FOURS, 1 SIX and 3 DOT BALLS)against him in today's match

PHAINTA :133:

He has just said

"one shouldn't judge me on match figures, instead look at conditions"

LOL. Rubbish.

This over will always haunt me!No brains....Just swing blindly on your legside.
20j5j5g.jpg

Back