South Africa (194/4) defeat USA (176/6) by 18 runs to clinch their first win of the Super 8 round

At this point Waqar and Ramiz raja are representatives of USA lol Hope they read about these uSA players . Bishop does thorough research before doing commentary. I suppose you don't expect that from Waqar and Ramiz
Waqar and Ramiz are two dunces when it comes to commentary. If you ever watched a tv series "Fantasy Island" from the mid 70's Ramiz sounds like Mr Roarke :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ali Khan has 2 overs, Netravalkar has 1 over, and we choose to send out Jessy Singh....seriously?

North Sound is a slight unknown for T20s.

There's two intl. grounds in Antigua. One is Coolidge Cricket Ground (Allan Stanford's old ground), and today's venue, the Sir Viv Richards Stadium.

This is normally a Test venue. The last time Sir Viv hosted a T20I prior to this WC was a Regional Qualifier in 2021 involving likes of Panama, Belize, Argentina etc. The par score was 138. WI haven't played a T20I here since 2013 and it hasn't hosted any CPL fixtures since 2014.

Yes that's true. Which is why it is better to judge this venue by what has happened in this World T20.

Clearly been a bowl first venue and one of the pitches with high levels of bounce and spin as per ball tracking data. They showed it in the broadcast in one of the earlier matches.

Could have bowled Khan when Markram wasn't set and gotten him back to the pavilion. 28 run over, we'd be in solid position otherwise.
Although with those winds, who knows? SA will want to try and take pace off the ball.

Jsdeep survived brutal onstlaught. I think SA is worried about collapse as next man is Jansen. SA is having a line up like India had for so many years. light weight late order

Even Nothush bowls better than Jessy, and Nothush was dropped last game.

This result is already a foregone conclusion. SA need to get ahead on NRR and look to crush it in the next 3 overs.

Monank patel is a much better captain. Aaron Jones is soft guy. Monank is very aggressive. THey badly miss him as a captain.

Harmeet atleast made a comeback the other two Poonjabis Ali and Jessy are smacked

Ali khan is the only one in this team who is not a part time cricketer and he has been playing in CPL for so long. He should use his experience well.

Crapistan led by Zimbabar would have imploded under pressure like they did against USA and India. Would they have been able to handle pressure? Pure speculation or should I say sour grapes?:unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: USA played better and deserved to be in the super 8 regardless of how they perform in this stage.

Sour grapes? Why would I have sour grapes? All I'm pointing out is how one sided matches will be with USA in the super eights. Maybe consult a dictionary before posting! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sour grapes? Why would I have sour grapes? All I'm pointing out is how one sided matches will be with USA in the super eights. Maybe consult a dictionary before posting! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Amreekans are also without their captain and Mom against PCT.. that’s a big loss considering their status.

I am surprised Wasim akram is not part of it.

173 for 18 overs run rate 9.61 klaasen 26 stubbs 9 .. who is going to read that for me.

Unlucky there Saurabh has done well, please end well man! Need a good over

Ramiz Raja is absolutely clueless about modern cricket. He's still stuck in the era where 240 was a good 50 over score!
He gives zero insight, Gavaskar and Saurav are boring but provide good insights of you can ignore the voice.

This engineer guy is kind of a mystery. He bowls at the speed of women cricketers yet he is not being smashed. I don't understand it.

USAs fielding has been good though other than a dropped chance. Ground fielding has been very good

This engineer guy is kind of a mystery. He bowls at the speed of women cricketers yet he is not being smashed. I don't understand it.
Do you know what speed Mcgrath used to bowl? Chaminda Vaas was slower than modern women cricketers..

One word "BRAIN" Ability to adjust his wrist according to the movement. He has outbowled both Nortje and Jansen here.

Screenshot-2024-06-06-161351.png

Other teams need to bring their own engineer guy to smash this engineer guy.

Netravalkar ewally good bowling - 21 in 4 overs amidst the big hitting.. Hopong ali khan finishes off well here!

My only sadness for Netravalkar is that he's 32. Imagine how he could have done with several years of franchise cricket.
Poor Oracle is going to have to try to match offers from the IPL now but USA doesn't have a packed cricket schedule. They might negotiate some more vacation time for him to play in the iPL.

My only sadness for Netravalkar is that he's 32. Imagine how he could have done with several years of franchise cricket.
Poor Oracle is going to have to try to match offers from the IPL now but USA doesn't have a packed cricket schedule. They might negotiate some more vacation time for him to play in the iPL.

He will be picked this season. Already some teams are eyeing on him. IPL is all about "attention" He got all the attention he needed.

IPL is a long way away... the next mega auction is in 2025.

With a bit of common sense they could have restricted them to 175 and USA could have even made a dash at it.

MCL starting after WC.. this time its even bigger with many more players and coaching staff but unfortunately same ground again, which is good as less travel, hoping to meet at least few cricketers.

Difference between and Indian and a Pakistani on show again.

One gets the job done. Other takes pride on the hair and attitude with zero output.
I think Indian bowlers try to pitch the ball in the right areas and Pakistani bowlers just want to bowl fast magic balls. This observation of course doesnt apply to every bowler.

Back