South Africa (227/3) thrash India (178 all out) by 49 runs in the 3rd T20I in Indore

This is one reason I don't like Indian pitches for LOIs. Way too one sided.

t20is are always going for 200+ which is chased down most of the time as well.

At least India is going down all guns blazing with a decent intent.

Pakistani batters were shameless in the 7th T20 against England.

Fair point, but I hope we keep playing like that because Dravid is a defensive coach.

Deepak Chahar is a very good bowling all rounder, should bat at 7 rather than coming to bat when 7 down.

Deepak chahar - an ideal candidate for Pakistani middle order? :inti

DC is a much better batsman. He almost pulled off an impossible thriller in SA with his 50. He was crying in the end when he got out. india needed 10 runs with 3 wickets in hand when he got out

DC is a much better batsman. He almost pulled off an impossible thriller in SA with his 50. He was crying in the end when he got out. india needed 10 runs with 3 wickets in hand when he got out

He is a better batsman than people give him credit fir but his bowling is god awful.

He is a better batsman than people give him credit fir but his bowling is god awful.

He is a wicket taker with new bowl. But not good in death overs. He can play at 7 in Australia as all rounder. This allows us to play four pacers( 2 trundlers + 2 fast bowlers).

Gavaskar commentates like an old guy way past his days.

THis is how you approach the target. Two big wickets didn't score much. They kept going after the bowling. Two didn't play.

This is one reason I don't like Indian pitches for LOIs. Way too one sided.

t20is are always going for 200+ which is chased down most of the time as well.

thiruvananthapuram pitch was pacers paradise in this series, but yeah more often than not india is high scoring in LOIs. But my gripe is about the boundary sizes, you can't have mini boundaries where most mishits go for a 6 as well. push the boundaries back where ever possible.

India lost the final T20I of the three-match series to South Africa by 49 runs at the Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore on Tuesday.

Chasing a big target of 228 runs, India got off to a poor start as they lost Rohit Sharma in the first over. In the follow up, the South African bowlers kept chipping in with wickets at regular intervals and India eventually got bundled out for 178 in 18.3 overs.

Dinesh Karthik scored a 21-ball 46 but other Indian batter failed to take their innings deep.

This happened after Rilee Rossouw scored his maiden T20I century and helped South Africa post a big total of 227 for 3 in 20 overs.

Quinton de Kock also contributed to the team's cause with a 43-ball 68. Rossouw scored 100 not out off 48 balls. India skipper Rohit Sharma had won the toss and opted to field first vs South Africa

NDTV

thiruvananthapuram pitch was pacers paradise in this series, but yeah more often than not india is high scoring in LOIs. But my gripe is about the boundary sizes, you can't have mini boundaries where most mishits go for a 6 as well. push the boundaries back where ever possible.

Russown mistimed an off side swipe totally. Can't believe that crossed the boundary.

From CSA

Rilee Rossouw’s maiden T20 International (T20I) century ensured that the Proteas ended their three-match series against India on a high thanks to a 49-run win at the Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore on Tuesday.

The left-hander blasted an unbeaten 100 off 48 balls (7 fours, 8 sixes) to help South Africa amass 227 for three after they were asked to bat first. There were also more runs for Quinton de Kock, whose 68 off 43 balls (6 fours, 4 sixes) saw him join the 2000 T20I run club.

The home side struggled in their reply thanks to an excellent showing by Kagiso Rabada (1/24) and pick of the bowlers Dwaine Pretorius (3/26) – eventually falling to 178 all out with nine balls to spare. It meant that the South Africans at least managed a consolatory win from the three-game sequence that was taken 2-1 by the hosts.

The two teams are now due to begin a One-Day International (ODI) series in Lucknow starting on Thursday. And the Proteas can at least take some confidence now into those games on the back of this emphatic win in the central Indian city.

On a good batting wicket and at a venue with short boundaries, they lost the toss and were asked to take first strike. Captain Temba Bavuma’s struggles following his return from injury unfortunately continued as he could only manage three before chipping Umesh Yadav to short midwicket with the score on 30.

Rossouw and De Kock, however, combined nicely for a 90-run second wicket stand that put South Africa in a strong position by the time it ended in the 13th over. Wicketkeeper De Kock was the player to depart after joining David Miller as only the second man from his country to breach the 2000-run mark in T20Is during his innings.

In fact it was Miller (19 not out) and Tristan Stubbs (23) that helped Rossouw get their side beyond 200, with the former thumping three of the last four balls for maximums.

It was then over to India to chase, but they lost opener Rohit Sharma to the excellent Rabada second ball, with Shreyas Iyer (1) following to Wayne Parnell (2/41) in the next over. Rishabh Pant managed a quick 27 until he was sent packing by Lungi Ngidi (2/51), while Keshav Maharaj (2/34) accounted for top-scorer Dinesh Karthik (46).

And when the dangerous Suryakumar Yadav (8) was expertly caught by Stubbs off Pretorius, India’s chances looked bleak at 86 for five. So it proved with the rest of the team – barring Deepak Chahar (31) – offering little and the hosts were eventually dismissed in the 19th over giving South Africa a comfortable win.

At least India is going down all guns blazing with a decent intent.

Pakistani batters were shameless in the 7th T20 against England.

Us chasing 227 instead of India would look like 120-2 by the 17th over with Shan trying to nail down another meaningless 50, if Babar and Rizwan flopped.

Even if they didn’t flip, you never know… the stat padding intentions look a bit sus in those two

Last edited:
If they don't choke SA are hot favorites. Not dark horses as some claim. They have plethora of six hitters right through the line up. Possibly world's best finisher in the line up. One weakness may be spin. But this is OZ. So i guess they won't be bothered too much.

SA's bowling is not great to win the tournament by T20 standards.

My team for match vs Pakistan in T20 World Cup:-

1. Rohit
2. KL/Pant
3. Kohli
4. SKY
5. Pandya
6. DK
7. Axar
8. Deepak Chahar
9. Umran Malik
10. Arshdeep Singh
11. Mohammad Siraj/Shami

Just struggling with pace options for Australian conditions.

My team for match vs Pakistan in T20 World Cup:-

1. Rohit
2. KL/Pant
3. Kohli
4. SKY
5. Pandya
6. DK
7. Axar
8. Deepak Chahar
9. Umran Malik
10. Arshdeep Singh
11. Mohammad Siraj/Shami

Just struggling with pace options for Australian conditions.

Going with 5 quicks?
It's a shame that we are struggling to find a spot for Pant , who is a proven match winner in Australian conditions, due to team combinations. Wish someone in the top 5 could bowl like Sachin or even sehwag which would have given a more balanced side.

I feel the team management would go with an extra spinner in chahal due to the lengthier boundaries in Australia. They would also go with Bhuvi over Deepak due to the later having less experience and Harshal because he said that he can bowl at death lol

They would pick a eleven something like this

1. Rohit
2. Kl
3. Kohli
4. SKY
5. Pandya
6. DK
7. Ashwin
8. Bhuvi
9. Harshal
10.Arshdeep
11.Chahal

My Eleven would be

1. Rohit
2. Kl
3. Kohli
4. SKY
5. Pant
6. Pandya
7. Deepak Chahar
8. Axar Patel
9. Siraj
10.Arshdeep
11.Bishnoi

Going with 5 quicks?
It's a shame that we are struggling to find a spot for Pant , who is a proven match winner in Australian conditions, due to team combinations. Wish someone in the top 5 could bowl like Sachin or even sehwag which would have given a more balanced side.

I feel the team management would go with an extra spinner in chahal due to the lengthier boundaries in Australia. They would also go with Bhuvi over Deepak due to the later having less experience and Harshal because he said that he can bowl at death lol

They would pick a eleven something like this

1. Rohit
2. Kl
3. Kohli
4. SKY
5. Pandya
6. DK
7. Ashwin
8. Bhuvi
9. Harshal
10.Arshdeep
11.Chahal

My Eleven would be

1. Rohit
2. Kl
3. Kohli
4. SKY
5. Pant
6. Pandya
7. Deepak Chahar
8. Axar Patel
9. Siraj
10.Arshdeep
11.Bishnoi

No place for DK in your playing eleven? I would like to know the reason. And what is Bishnoi doing in your XI, he isn't even in the squad afaik? :inti

No place for DK in your playing eleven? <B>I would like to know the reason</B>. And what is Bishnoi doing in your XI, he isn't even in the squad afaik? :inti

I am afraid you may not like that but that is what general belief is. :inti

No place for DK in your playing eleven? I would like to know the reason. And what is Bishnoi doing in your XI, he isn't even in the squad afaik? :inti

First of all, I am not a hater of him or anyone!
It's all about the team combination.
would have definitely picked him if I had gone with only 5 bowling options.

Due to all these and with only one slot open for either Pant or DK, I went with Pant because he is a proven match winner in those conditions and has that x factor in him. Yes, DK has been doing well these days but I am not so confident about him especially in Australia compared to Pant. If it was any other place, then I would go with DK over Pant.

As for Bishnoi, He is in the squad as a stand-by player. He has done so well from what I have seen so far compared to other spinners like Chahal/Ashwin and provides some variety in his bowling and would be a great addition to the bowling attack.

First of all, I am not a hater of him or anyone!
It's all about the team combination.
would have definitely picked him if I had gone with only 5 bowling options.

Due to all these and with only one slot open for either Pant or DK, I went with Pant because he is a proven match winner in those conditions and has that x factor in him. Yes, DK has been doing well these days but I am not so confident about him especially in Australia compared to Pant. If it was any other place, then I would go with DK over Pant.

As for Bishnoi, He is in the squad as a stand-by player. He has done so well from what I have seen so far compared to other spinners like Chahal/Ashwin and provides some variety in his bowling and would be a great addition to the bowling attack.

What are his stats in T20s in Australian conditions? You are confusing performances in tests with T20s. He has played more than 60 T20s with a strike rate of 127. DK has a strike rate of 146 lol.

Pant can be tried as an opener but not now. It would be foolish to replace KL with Pant as an opener in the World Cup. Pant did nothing in the last 2 world cups. Logical decision should be to go with a player who has form on his side and looking confident. :inti

What are his stats in T20s in Australian conditions? You are confusing performances in tests with T20s. He has played more than 60 T20s with a strike rate of 127. DK has a strike rate of 146 lol.

Pant can be tried as an opener but not now. It would be foolish to replace KL with Pant as an opener in the World Cup. Pant did nothing in the last 2 world cups. Logical decision should be to go with a player who has form on his side and looking confident. :inti

Yes, I picked him over DK purely on the basis of his Test match performance over there last year And I believe They would definitely help him in the shorter format aswell. It's not like his playing style was any different in the longer format unlike someone like Pujara.
The atg knock he played last year will definitely put his confidence up whenever he plays in Australia in any format and also I am not confident about DK in these conditions. has he played there before? He was in form during the 2019 WC aswell but failed big time so did others but I feel that he always fails in big matches.

Last edited:
Yes, I picked him over DK purely on the basis of his Test match performance over there last year And I believe They would definitely help him in the shorter format aswell. It's not like his playing style was any different in the longer format unlike someone like Pujara.
The atg knock he played last year will definitely put his confidence up whenever he plays in Australia in any format and also I am not confident about DK in these conditions. has he played there before? He was in form during the 2019 WC aswell but failed big time so did others but I feel that he always fails in big matches.

I am a fan of Pant. big one. But he needs 5 or 6 overs before really coming to terms with bowling. He is not someone who has the ability to go from ball one. It doesn't matter if he plays on his favorite tracks. We cannot afford to lose 5 overs to get set. That is bare minimum. DK has done well in Australia in T20. Scored a 11 ball 30 in the end overs.

You said above that its all about the team combination yet you are picking a non performer like Pant over Karthik just because you are not feeling confident about DK in Australia. We can't wait for Pant to find his rhythm in this format. Not much time left now. You shouldn't select players for T20 on the basis of test performances. That's a pretty weak argument and shows he hasn't done anything special in this format even after playing 60+ matches and getting the backing from team management. No other player is getting chances like Pant. :inti

Back