South Africa v Australia | 3rd ODI | Cape Town | 9/4/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Gilchrist opening the batting for Australia.

MJ back, this time as a runner for the butler.

Hopes gets his fifty

Aussies slow start and lossing so many early wickets has cost them game here! Middle/lower order has had to much to do!

Big Daddy said:
Is Bothas action legit?
He has been reported before and cleared now. Or Reportation may just have been doosra (my guess) and not allowed to bowl that

Umair Paracha! said:
Rudi needs to go now he is one of the worst umpires in world cricket today.

Looking at bad decisions (lbw in this match) and 2 wrong dismissals (last day against NZ vs India in the 3rd test match)...I wonder why they don't have a challenge system like in tennis. Cricket's innovations are still trying to catch up.

One bad decision at a crucial time can affect the result tremendously.

tdigi said:
Looking at bad decisions (lbw in this match) and 2 wrong dismissals (last day against NZ vs India in the 3rd test match)...I wonder why they don't have a challenge system like in tennis. Cricket's innovations are still trying to catch up.

One bad decision at a crucial time can affect the result tremendously.

They are getting it wrong even with TV. Infact it was worse in West Indies. Other day Ross Taylor was given out caught down the leg side. No snicko, nothing was shown. Everyone thought it was not out. Ross Taylor later admitted to Ian smith he had a faint edge.

IronMan2009 said:
They are getting it wrong even with TV. Infact it was worse in West Indies. Other day Ross Taylor was given out caught down the leg side. No snicko, nothing was shown. Everyone thought it was not out. Ross Taylor later admitted to Ian smith he had a faint edge.

Yes I remember Ian Smith talking about it. I would have given it not out...how could the umpire hear that faint nick and that too when the breeze was strong? But this incident is not common.

I think TV replays still do justice most of the time. 8 out of 10 times a bad decision could be reversed for the benefit of the game.

tdigi said:
Yes I remember Ian Smith talking about it. I would have given it not out...how could the umpire hear that faint nick and that too when the breeze was strong? But this incident is not common.

I think TV replays still do justice most of the time. 8 out of 10 times a bad decision could be reversed for the benefit of the game.

If we had used replay Taylor would have got out on day 4 itself to Sehwag's delivery. He was plumb hitting middle stump.

IronMan2009 said:
If we had used replay Taylor would have got out on day 4 itself to Sehwag's delivery. He was plumb hitting middle stump.

There you go. Some will argue that hawk-eye is not 100% accurate but the point I was trying to make is that the percentage of correct decisions will definitely go up if technology is used in the right way. Couple minutes delay is not a big deal.

Was the challenge system ever introduced in any match on a pilot basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back