South Africa v India | 1st Test | Centurion | 16-20 Dec 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
Rain has stopped and covers are off, we should get some play today. Looks like a win the toss and bowl conditions and try and take advantage of bowler friendly conditions.

Looks like we're gonna have some cricket today !:)

I hope we win the toss and Ishant has a go at the Saffers

Batting is going to be tough on this track which is likely to have bounce and a lot of lateral movement. Bowlers going to love this.

Well, it will be very nice to see how Sehwag and GG fair against Steyn and Co.

Worth the Wait??

48 Overs Expected. That should mean S.A should be batting at start of day 2 :)

Hoping this series will provide the competitiveness I was expecting from the Ashes (Aussies getting pwned is boring!)

Why is Sehwag v Steyn being hyped up so much by the greasy haired ones? Sehwag is a bunny in SA.

Rational mind thrown out of the window for this series

India going to rip apart south africa here.going to repent heavily sa for bowling

RSA will be first to give some sweet chin music to the batsmen !

Guys should maintain calm :)
MAY WE HAVE A GREAT SERIES , now that ashes has turned out to be dull and ordinary contest

Last edited:
Jaidev unadkat,waah.i have seen him in domestic,i can bet you he is the next big thing for bowling in india.

ZAK is not playing. Lets see how the future of Indian Fast Bowling fares against the likes of Smith, Kallis and Amla. But first its the Indian Top Order facing the Music!!

Pretty much if S.A get sehwag early they can dictate the pace of the Indian Inns. If he gets in they will be chasing the ball around the park!

48 Overs Expected. That should mean S.A should be batting at start of day 2 :)

if we bat for 48 overs at a good rr , the final score should be around 200 ..I will take that , if the pitch is very helpful for pace bowlers :)

Sehwag averages 26 in 6 tests in S.A which by his standards is pretty poor!

Big move to take Unadkat, really hope it pays off. I have a feeling he may be under prepared though.

if we bat for 48 overs at a good rr , the final score should be around 200 ..I will take that , if the pitch is very helpful for pace bowlers :)

Depends on Sehwag if hes there at end of day id expect India to be around 190 or so.

If he gets out early India will probably crawl along to about 120-30

Haha, saw this quote on Cricinfo Commentary,

If I had a penny for everytime Dhoni lost the toss, I could have given one of those pennies to MS for 'Toss practice'

Pitch report:healthy green tinge

Does not matter to sewag.going to be one hell of a day for south africa

Jaidev unadkat,waah.i have seen him in domestic,i can bet you he is the next big thing for bowling in india.
havent seen him bowl and i just wish what you're saying is true. Otherwise i'll very upset if he comes short

SA:

Smith*, Petersen, Kallis, Amla, de Villiers, Prince, Boucher†, Tsotsobe, Harris, Steyn, Morkel

India:

Gambhir, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Dhoni*†, Raina, Sharma, Unadkat, Harbhajan, Sreesanth

Pretty much if S.A get sehwag early they can dictate the pace of the Indian Inns. If he gets in they will be chasing the ball around the park!

we will be 3 down very early i think . Shewag , Dravid and GG ..22/3 .

Shewag will score big in the next test

btw hats off to the grounds men , we would have lost 2 days in here in India

Zak is Missing you means Zaheer is not available for this Match.. SAf won the Toss and elected to Bowl First.. :)

5 Minutes to start!

Predictions as to what the score will be at the end of the day, anyone?

Saw him bowling at the U19 World CUp Quarter Final against us. Looked okay, but has a loud mouth :D

Players are on the Field.. Great to see some cricket after waiting for such long period of times.

this is going to be interesting!
i am looking fwd to steyn vs viru and morne vs gambhir!

Steyn and Morkel will eat Indian Batsman alive

Yes thats right. You will be fool to think otherwise. Indian batsman are so used to playing on flat tarcks that i donot see them crossing 250 runs hense the title flat track bullies. Come on southafrica, 160 millions pakistanis and behind you and praying for you

Gambhir looking in fine form.sehwag looking ominous.big score here sa goign to chase

Yes thats right. You will be fool to think otherwise. Indian batsman are so used to playing on flat tarcks that i donot see them crossing 250 runs hense the title flat track bullies. Come on southafrica, 160 millions pakistanis and behind you and praying for you

ok yar , relax karo

Unadkat played 4 matches in the U-19 WC, bowled 27.4 overs, got 7 wickets for 108 runs with an average of 15.4 and with a SR of 23 .7.

do you change ur mind if anyhow we manage to score 250+ ....:D

viru watchfully leaves the first 2 deliveries! nice carry ! should be a cracker

Cricbuzz says ball would have missed off stump
Cricinfo says ball would have hit off stump

lol

Crazy_K its Sunny But very useful Condition for Fast Bowling.. Its Seaming Around and Steyn is able to Swing them too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back