South Africa v India | 3rd ODI | Cape Town | 18/01/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan should really start taking a leaf out of their neighbours and start making strategies and game plans.

Tbh this was pretty much how Pak beat SA too when we did beat them. Get SA out for a chaseable score. Top order go slow and find yourself wickets down with not many runs. Then get some quick runs via razzaq and in this case raina/pathan. Then let a powerful tailender i.e wahab/bhajji, along with the other tail to finish it off.

Pak players need to start working their balls off and start practicising and training hard. They better be in peak condition for the world cup

^ the difference betwen two games was just Captaincy imo , Smith was reveling pressure while she should have been making it difficult for us

Tbh this was pretty much how Pak beat SA too when we did beat them. Get SA out for a chaseable score. Top order go slow and find yourself wickets down with not many runs. Then get some quick runs via razzaq and in this case raina/pathan. Then let a powerful tailender i.e wahab/bhajji, along with the other tail to finish it off.
Did we win the series? Thats what counts. We only win when one player plays a blinder. Never a team effort. If it wasnt for Razzaqs once in a lifetime innings we would of lost 4-1

India have too many match winners and provide the goods when it matters most under high pressure. Nerves of steel

Did we win the series? Thats what counts. We only win when one player plays a blinder. Never a team effort. If it wasnt for Razzaqs once in a lifetime innings we would of lost 4-1

we won 4th game with team effort.

and came pretty close in 3rd ODI.

Pakistan played well in that series.

Tests no question, but not limited overs. It's a good ODI bowling line up but not the best.

England have the best bowling lineup in tests. We win a lot more test matches than South Africa and most of our bowlers average between 20 and 30. South Africa are overrated in general.

Hey has there been an earthquake in Pakistan and India? Seeing on twitter

we won 4th game with team effort.

and came pretty close in 3rd ODI.

Pakistan played well in that series.
It was a home series and at the end of the day we lost the series and that what counts. India will win a series in SA which is amazing.

When was the last time pak won an ODI series at home against SA yet alone in SA???

It was a home series and at the end of the day we lost the series and that what counts. India will win a series in SA which is amazing.

When was the last time pak won an ODI series at home against SA yet alone in SA???
The series isn't even over yet and your thinking that India has already won it.

SA will attempt to bounce back, one way or another.

England have the best bowling lineup in tests. We win a lot more test matches than South Africa and most of our bowlers average between 20 and 30. South Africa are overrated in general.

Come to India please.........

Y Pathan is the real deal. Hes gona be a big danger in the World cup. He will cause havoc.

India's tour record against RSA now is 4 wins-2 defeats-1 draw

AWESOME !

Total International Series in South Africa in 1992/1993 when we beat south africa every game of the series.

and relax things are changing, we managed two 3-2 series both home and away against south africa. We'll hopefully win in south africa in our next trip.

The series isn't even over yet and your thinking that India has already won it.

SA will attempt to bounce back, one way or another.
India will win this series. Cant see SA bouncing back. India were not even in full throttle. Just imagine if all the batsmen fire

England perhaps only recently, with the coming good of Anderson and the new bowlers coming to forth like Bresnan and Tremlett (and probably now not continuing with Broad). Swann's brilliant too :D They'll need to keep these sort of bowling performances up for a while (especially considering Tremlett and Bresnan are relatively new to the side) to afirm that they're the no.1 bowling side.

However for the past few years, South Africa have dominated test bowling. Still have the best opening bowling pair in the world, with Kallis as a handy back up bowler. Jury is still out on effectiveness of Tsotobe as a 3rd seamer. However if Tsotobe holds his worth in tests (the last test series he should have got a lot more wickets if it weren't for all the dropped catches), and Tahir proves to be a good spinner (he'll be brought into the side pretty soon), then SA will be stronger.

Total International Series in South Africa in 1992/1993 when we beat south africa every game of the series.

and relax things are changing, we managed two 3-2 series both home and away against south africa. We'll hopefully win in south africa in our next trip.
First things first. Lets pray that we dont collapse and draw the series against NZ tonite. If we somehow manage to bodge this up again I will be fuming big time

India will win this series. Cant see SA bouncing back. India were not even in full throttle. Just imagine if all the batsmen fire
Alright, we'll see then.

I expect SA to win the next one and then it will be tough to predict who will win the last one.

hopefully our batsmen with play with more freedom in the next matches with a lead in the series now ...some of them have looked pretty nervous

Anderson and Broad avg 38 and 39 away from home.It doesnt swing in India.

Unless Graeme Swann is better than Warne or Murali i think Idian batsmen will do well againist them.

Abe he is trying to jinx us.. Schikelgruber please come and say India will lose to reverse the jinx :p

England perhaps only recently, with the coming good of Anderson and the new bowlers coming to forth like Bresnan and Tremlett (and probably now not continuing with Broad). Swann's brilliant too :D They'll need to keep these sort of bowling performances up for a while (especially considering Tremlett and Bresnan are relatively new to the side) to afirm that they're the no.1 bowling side.

However for the past few years, South Africa have dominated test bowling. Still have the best opening bowling pair in the world, with Kallis as a handy back up bowler. Jury is still out on effectiveness of Tsotobe as a 3rd seamer. However if Tsotobe holds his worth in tests (the last test series he should have got a lot more wickets if it weren't for all the dropped catches), and Tahir proves to be a good spinner (he'll be brought into the side pretty soon), then SA will be stronger.

Dunno man, SA's opening pair are awesome no doubt but people have to get used to how good England are, including our own fans who are still cautious by nature! Going on everything I've seen, we take the 20 wickets and win the big games more than anyone except from India, and India's quality comes from their amazing batting and captaincy, occasionally good bowling and a tremendous team spirit.

Anderson and Broad avg 38 and 39 away from home.It doesnt swing in India.

Unless Graeme Swann is better than Warne or Murali i think Idian batsmen will do well againist them.

A tour to India is beyond any team at the moment...but no doubt India will face a massive challenge if they want to leave England with a test series win!

Quick note, people can't say India were lucky after the Duminy run-out (non) decision was the only reason SA made a competitive total!

A tour to India is beyond any team at the moment...but no doubt India will face a massive challenge if they want to leave England with a test series win!

Well thats why i rate the Saffers high,They managed to draw the test series,

England 2011 will be good.But our batsman do better in England than in SA so i hope they will do well.Also swinging conditions make our bowlers lethal as well.

i have to agree with you! this summer is going to be just awsome! India playing againt England

Well thats why i rate the Saffers high,They managed to draw the test series,

England 2011 will be good.But our batsman do better in England than in SA so i hope they will do well.Also swinging conditions make our bowlers lethal as well.

Some good points there! England bowlers still need to prove themselves in the subcontinent. I think England v India in England over four tests will be a corking series, one for the ages! If India win I don't think anyone can deny they are the best team in the world.

Yusuf's 3 sixes off Botha were monster hits, absolutely huge.

Bhajji's 2 6s were damn good too. He has this knack of hitting 6s off most threatening bowlers in the match out of nowhere. An absolute asset to have in an ODI lienup.

i think we should check record of england and SA. then we'll know who's overrated.

@Whippy
I believe you are right. Anderson is a much improved bowler and he has many variations these days. Also you have a top class spinner in Swann. If Finn or Tremlet shows some consistency, England's bowling force will do good in almost all conditions.

Australia has good bowling too. Their bowlers were inconsistent this series and England played them well too.

i think we should check record of england and SA. then we'll know who's overrated.

Eng major recent test results:
won 3-1 Aus away
won 3-1 Pak home
won 2-1 Aus home
drew 1-1 SA away

SA major recent test results:
drew 0-0 Pak away
drew 1-1 Ind home
drew 1-1 Ind away
drew 1-1 Eng home
lost 1-2 Aus home

Best. Team. Ever.

I think BOTHA was the one who lost it for them, really those 3 was HALWA for PATHAN bhai. those sixes was huge and loved it so IND should thank PATHAN for this win cuz he really shiftd the gears and took the game away. I dont know why SA bowlers werent bowling any yorkers to tailenders, really weird stufff. hoep tahir comes in next game in place of botha

The reason India is doing well despite some of their senior players not there is the captaincy of Dhoni. His calculated gambles seem to pay off or else maybe he has instilled confidence in the younger players about their places thats why they perform. Otherwise its a crap team

Dunno man, SA's opening pair are awesome no doubt but people have to get used to how good England are, including our own fans who are still cautious by nature! Going on everything I've seen, we take the 20 wickets and win the big games more than anyone except from India, and India's quality comes from their amazing batting and captaincy, occasionally good bowling and a tremendous team spirit.
I hate to admit it but yes India's quality comes from their amazing batting and captaincy,occasionally good bowling which somehow delivers ..perhaps the fact that other teams take the bowling lightly and then get surprised all of sudden and the team spirit and I sincerely believe that Dhoni is the reason behind it all..dunno what he says or does to team mates they get motivated...............and there is hardly much expression on his face be it big win or big loss.

Eng major recent test results:
won 3-1 Aus away
won 3-1 Pak home
won 2-1 Aus home
drew 1-1 SA away

SA major recent test results:
drew 0-0 Pak away
drew 1-1 Ind home
drew 1-1 Ind away
drew 1-1 Eng home
lost 1-2 Aus home

Best. Team. Ever.

Let england go to subcontinen firstt! i don't think they will be able to win even one single test. in other hand african 2 test series in indian and one against pakistan, they drew it. and they were dominating in all 3 tests series. in my opinion india is best home team, where SA best away team.

I just got off a flight and immediately checked the scores.....India won!!!! I am torn between being delighted that we held our nerve and won versus the really mediocre batting performances of the top order....hope they win the next few games more convincingly.

Well..I should be ashamed of myself - letting down my team and going to sleep at 93/5. I thought lightning will not strike twice after the last match. But it sure did!

What a win! Go Team India...the most satisfying thing is that this not a full strength side and still they had the heart to fight out till the end and cross the finishing line. Very good signs for the forthcoming WC.

I was thinking that considering the strength of the two teams and how SA had outplayed India in the first game, I would be happy with a couple of wins. Now that it is done, yeh dil maange more :) Bring the silverware to India my boys. That would be the perfect way to bring the curtain down on the WC preps ..

I think SirJohn should do the honors of creating the next match thread as well.He brings luck to us. Thanks mate and hope you create the next match thread as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back