South Africa v Zimbabwe |1st ODI | Benoni | 8/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalil

First Class Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
A slow start by SA but Smith decides he a had enough defending and now opening up

Proteas 43 for none after 8 overs

A massive six from Smith goes right out of the ground

Mpofu to Smith, FOUR, another boundary for Smith. This time going through mid-wicket again, but not going for the maximum.

Mpofu to Smith, SIX, big one! Smith comes down the track and smacks it over deep mid-wicket into the trees.

Random Aussie said:
There should be a mercy rule to prevent matches like this.

South Africa have many fantastic 'emerging players' knocking at the selectors door. I think that the Protea selectors should have given some of those players a chance against Zimbabwe

Amla on 63. He has a habit of getting out in the 60's. I hope he goes on to get a hundred.

JustAnotherFan said:
Won't help as the spot is booked for Kallis. :)
well it would be very indecent to kick out a man in form...and he has had a good season with the dolphins too

cricket_fever said:
well it would be very indecent to kick out a man in form...and he has had a good season with the dolphins too
Amla is not a regular in the ODI side ... certain players are been rested for the the Zim games like Kallis and Parnell. Gibbs has been dropped.

JustAnotherFan said:
Amla is not a regular in the ODI side ... certain players are been rested for the the Zim games like Kallis and Parnell. Gibbs has been dropped.

i know he isnt a regular..but seeing he is in form he and kallis can open and smith can come in at number 3...or if smith and kallie open, amla can come in at number 3...as he has done it for the dolpjins a couple of times

I suppose it was an achievement for Zimbabwe to keep SA below 300.

Fact is their seam bowling is rubbish, they're actually quite well equipped in the spin department, Price is their best player and Cremer looked OK today, Utseya's action looked might suspect though.

Why is Ed Rainsford not playing?

Brilliant century by Taibu. His second ODI hundred against South Africa. I think that Taibu is averaging more than 60 against the Proteas

A good little fightback by Taibu and zimbos but there poor start really cost them a possible shock win here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back