South Africa Vs Ireland - [Super 8s/Match 8] - Updates

Sean

T20I Debutant
Runs
Ireland playing a crucial game today. You could probably say that if they lose this, they won't be able to progress to the Semi Finals.
My tip is South Africa by 30 runs/6 wickets. Ireland will take South Africa's top 3 for 30 odd and RSA will need a rescue mission.

South Africa will batter Ireland.

Once again, the start of the match has been delayed due to rain. A real shame. A real real shame.

This is getting ridiculous. Every second or third match if affected by rain. Poor planning by the organizers is really making this tournament into one big joke.

I will be rooting for Ireland but I doubt if they have any sort of chance.

match of the week may get a little delayed. covers are being removed slowly because it was raining last night and maybe earlier today

From Cricinfo:

9.00am Good morning and welcome to the Super Eights clash between Ireland and South Africa. Team news, weather and the names of people in the crowd to follow ... the bad news at the moment is that the covers are on as we have some light drizzle.

The pitch looks as all the ones here so far have - flat, no grass other than the stuff that has been rolled into the pitch. It should hold up and there will be runs in it.

Oh what a shame it has been delayed.

I was so so looking forward to watching SAF V Ireland.

How exciting! can't wait till the game gets underway!!!!

lara400 said:
Oh what a shame it has been delayed.

I was so so looking forward to watching SAF V Ireland.

How exciting! can't wait till the game gets underway!!!!
:))) :)))

Sean said:
Once again, the start of the match has been delayed due to rain. A real shame. A real real shame.

A blessing in dis-sky's perhaps

;-)

Yes, a poor joke.

Sean said:
South Africa have won the toss and elected to bowl.

I can't believe your staying up for this game, you must be south african or Irish.

lara400 said:
I can't believe your staying up for this game, you must be south african or Irish.
Australian mate. Just bored. Cant be bothered going to sleep.

Sean Pollock must be licking his lips today becasue finally a batsman that won't come after him.

infamous9383 said:
here's a surprise looks empty with few people in the grass area.

Anychance they might be the cricketers?

If your talking about blades of grass, then they are getting lots of sun. They would be having a fine time.

PlanetPakistan said:
kyoon yaad karatay hoo? :( :12:

I was going to say the same thing, this chap needs to pack it in.

He is putting a dampener on things

:p

Last edited:
the two big stands look like this. not bad
gstand2fs9.jpg

One down already without a run on the board.

0/1.

Lovely competitive cricket.

I expect to see a score between 150-200 by Ireland..

Blood hell. It takes like 10 minutes to upload a pic on photobucket. Sooo annoying.

Easa said:
I expect to see a score between 150-200 by Ireland..

Let me guess your based in New Zealand and are half asleep?

lara400 said:
Your guessing very poorly today. I'd do better at guessing things (If I was new.) :)

lara400 said:
I am based in Kuwait and it is currently 5:13 PM. I have been awake for the past 8 hours! :19:

I guessed 150-200 because O'Brien is still to come and he is a fairly good batsman.

just think if Pakistan had won the match against Irelnad we would have seen this match against South Africa,,

Pollock has Porterfield in all sorts of trouble here, he is good at bowling to batsman who do not look to attack him at all. Bowling the perfect length here.

Noman said:
just think if Pakistan had won the match against Irelnad we would have seen this match against South Africa,,
Then this thread would be about 10 pages long by now.

Easa said:
I am based in Kuwait and it is currently 5:13 PM. I have been awake for the past 8 hours! :19:

I guessed 150-200 because O'Brien is still to come and he is a fairly good batsman.

Lucky you!!

I wish I was based there, however I have to be happy with Edgbaston!!

Do you live near the Grand Mosque?

They are back on.

Game reduced to 47 overs a side.

Def more rain - very dark!

Ireland 19-1 off 10 overs

lara400 said:
Lucky you!!

I wish I was based there, however I have to be happy with Edgbaston!!

Do you live near the Grand Mosque?
No, I'm about 20 minutes away..

lara400 said:
What ever happened to that little Qari, Muhammad al Buraaq?
I have no idea. I do not offer salaat at the big mosque.

I'm not trying to be funny, but the whole tournament might as well be rained off - it wont be missed!

Oxy said:
I'm not trying to be funny, but the whole tournament might as well be rained off - it wont be missed!

Oh come on we are following SAF V Ireland, thats how attached we are.

JustAnotherFan said:
There is a lot of water to be mopped up on the covers
Good job ICC/WICB has invested heavily in the state of the art 'mopper upperers'.

Disgraceful.

Game will re-start in 2 mins.

35 overs a-side now.. (d/l will kick in now)

Brilliant fielding by Gibbs. Saves 4 runs.

Wicket. Ball slapped into covers and kallis takes a good catch.

Porterfield gone for 14

35/2

Back