South Africa vs. Pakistan 2nd ODI: 2nd Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSaint said:
This match has given Pakistan so many positives- Nazir got his confidence up and so did Afridi- now Azhar following suit.. Allah ka shukar hai - we may after all get a solid team for the WorldCup

Inshallah we will.

24.5 Azhar Mahmood to Boucher, no run, fuller, nips back in from just outside off - Mahmood is bowling a very impressive line and length here- defended to cover

Oxy said:
Is he?

eddiecopy.jpg

That can't be him ,well we all know camers adds 10 #'s ,in his case it more like 40.

Azhar doen't look fat yaar- he was atleast 20 pounds more last year when i last saw him playing for Surrey

Boucher bowled by Afridi, Afridi having a great game.

boucher gone clean bowled by afridi.

S.A 6 down..

This match has given Pakistan so many positives- Nazir got his confidence up and so did Afridi- now Azhar following suit.. Allah ka shukar hai - we may after all get a solid team for the WorldCup
And to think just yesterday we were thinking we're down and outa the wc after that huge thrashing! We've completely turned it around. We're consistently inconsistent though.

I just hope the win margin today is greater than the 1st ODI. Boucher and Kemp have pretty much given up and are trying to take their team to a respectable total.

Boucher gone - Afridi continues his good form today.

Who will post "Pak can win the World Cup' Thread later on tonight!

Pollock new man in.

last recognised pair in for S.A

Oxy said:
Who will post "Pak can win the World Cup' Thread later on tonight!

:))) well thats pakistan for you crap one min, sublime the next!

They must go beserk now to have any chance of getting close to the target.

saghir said:
what pace is bowling and line and length?? :13:

Pace is around 130-135 kph, very good line and length for the most part. Getting a bit of away movement as well, nice shape on the ball. Plus he surprised boucher with an almost perfect bouncer. :D

All this talk about him being fat and sweating like a pig is exaggeration. Sure he's sweating a bit but its not that bad.

its surreal - one day we're inflicted our heaviest defeat by SA the very next game we return the favour (inshallah)

Azhar consistently 130-135kph and on target- If he can bowl like that - any batting is a plus.

dirk diggler said:
its surreal - one day we're inflicted our heaviest defeat by SA the very next game we return the favour (inshallah)

The feeling of revenge can do wonders. :D

chipped over legside by Kemp for 4, 1st loose ball from azhar.

ok so how much did we lose by in the 1st ODI?

I hope we can beat them by a bigger margin ...

Evening all. Both Afridi and Azhar bowling a nice tidy line and length.

Afridi unlucky with an lbw appeal.

that should have been another wicket to afridi - lbw. But isn't... good bowling.

Saj said:

working late? i got out of work early!

doctors appoinment, cough cough ;-)

Saj said:

We're gonna win the world cup ....we're gonna win the world cup!! :27:

Sure he's sweating a bit but its not that bad.
Thats what we want; sweating, hardworking cricketers - something we haven't seen Razzaq doing. YET.

driven four by pollock of azhar, next bal same shot but this time fielder gets round.

Pakistan have been superb this match, to say the least. Completely dominated South Africa.

Inzi should give Rana a chance now. bowling at this stage would be a consolation for him and he can better his figures too

chipped over legside by pollock for 4. good pick up shot.

Pollock doing a good job- 2 fours in the over so far- playing on the up first on the off & now on the leg above the infield

How did Asif/Rana bowl? I missed it.

azhar down with cramp, hope its not yet another injury!

Azhar in trouble. Looks like a knee injury - oh dear.

Easa said:

Asif best bowler in match, Rana his usual garbage buffet ball feast display!

Beauty flipper from Afridi. Nearly had him. Lovely bowling.

Afridi continues to impress with his length- keeping it outside off as well with the odd one coming in and quickly

wow, lucky cut shot of afridi off middle stick!

Easa said:

Asif bowled superbly, as always. Picked up a couple from his ten, on the trot they were. We had a power failure at Durban too! Rana's bowling we'll talk about after the match :D

Easa said:

Asif was truly a class apart while rana was going for 10.5/over at the other end. Asif finished with 2/29 in a 10 over spell.

Wow, that could have been out. Lovely flipper.

Aju can cancel his Carribean trip ... and he will be heading back to PK I think ...

another injury .. lack of conditioning .. typical PK issues..

9.1 req RR now with 20 overs to go and 4 wickets in hand
Azhar off the field- Malik on now

Im packing my bags, at this rate i might get a game for pakistan with their injury list!

Malik has only been fielding so far today ... but he looks like he took a dip into the pool .. either these pakistani players ate to much mirchi or they just sweat alot ..

the heat and humidity is a factor I am sure..

Great six by Pollock - Malik gets smacked- another one on the roof and out of the stadium

Maliks bowling seems to have lost its zip these days. Not spinning te ball much and just floating the ball.

DotCom said:
Malik has only been fielding so far today ... but he looks like he took a dip into the pool .. either these pakistani players ate to much mirchi or they just sweat alot ..

the heat and humidity is a factor I am sure..
102 in the shade ! I'd be asking for a change of shirt after each over :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back