South Africa vs Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Centurion | 15/3/13 | South Africa innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayan

ODI Debutant
Runs
Important game for Pakistan, I fear a loss here and a whitewash could be on the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
SA have won the toss and choose to bat

Shafiq out - Iran In

Only 1 change for Pakistan then. Irfan replaces Asad Shafiq. No Umar Akmal this time either.

Important game for Pakistan, I fear a loss here and a whitewash could be on the cards.
What a positive first comment, at least let the 1st ball to be bowled and then give them both barrels :)

One change for SA too - Dale Steyn comes in for Rory Kleinveldt

What are you guys really thinking? Dropping a youngster .... You guys are carrying too many snr players who don't deserve a spot... Where on earth is umar akmal! 2-0.

YK and Misbah will make sure that Pakistan doesn't chase down whatever the target is..

Batting second, 1 batsman short from previous match, Irfan instead of Riaz, well good luck chasing.

STILL NO UMER AKMAL.... misbah has lost his mind.... both umer and shafiq should have been their.... now this time is entirely made of seniors....

As expected, bechara Asad gets the drop. The batting fails in the last match and what does the genius team management do? Bring in another bowler and reduce the number of batsmen :)))

YK, Malik, Afridi and Kamran. Pretty cheap wickets for Steyn and Co.
Not to mention Hafeez is Steyn's bunny.

Batting second, 1 batsman short from previous match, Irfan instead of Riaz, well good luck chasing.
Its 2-0.... A shame considering how close this series could of been if the pakistanis actually played their best XI... the politics of cricket are a real killer...

STILL NO UMER AKMAL.... misbah has lost his mind.... both umer and shafiq should have been their.... now this time is entirely made of seniors....

So this is what the seniors discussed in that meeting.

game over.... this is crap yaar... how can you drop shafiq and not have umer in a side and play Younis,afridi,malik and kamran...... not too mention both umer and shafiq are great fielders...

Nasir Jamshed, Mohammad Hafeez, Kamran Akmal†, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Shoaib Malik,Shahid Afridi, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan

Weakest middle order I've seen in my life

Only way for Pakistan to win is bowl SA out for under 120. Anything above too much t ask.

awful selection....malik and afridi both playing...would have had akmal in for asad if a change in batting was to be made ...and irfan in for malik

So this is what the seniors discussed in that meeting.

Drop every youngster and keep trying the BIGGEST TTF .... I am not umer fan but he really should have been in this team... keep him out of test is fine but keep him out of limited overs game is madness and for what, for the likes of younis,malik.afridi and kamran,....

I was actually planning on staying up to watch screw that lol Saffas are going to win easily

In my view this team should have played:

Kamran
Jamshed
Shafiq
Umar
Malik
Hafeez
Afridi
Riaz
Gul
Khan
Ajmal

Only way for Pakistan to win is bowl SA out for under 120. Anything above too much t ask.

120... i say over 100 and this match is over unless jamsheed fires...

Brainless from Misbah.Why are Kami and YK still playing?UA should have played.

Nasir Jamshed, Mohammad Hafeez, Kamran Akmal†, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Shoaib Malik,Shahid Afridi, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan

Weakest middle order I've seen in my life

Top order ain't much better but I agree

younis 250th ODI 72 runs away from 7000 runs... ahh crossed the 7000 mark faster then a certain somebody who took over a 100 more matches to break it :p :p :afridi

Polly looked at the pitch and reckons ball should seam for first 5 to six overs, in his words, a good pitch to bat first

Cannot believe No Wahab or even Akmal being considered.

We could only hope now.

7 bowling options today.

Yep .... misbah is making sure if anybody is hit he could bring another..... i feel like i have gone back in the time and this is the 2007 team without yousaf and inzamam.

How do you guys let your team get away with all this lol? Clearly the best XI isn't playing

So if the batting fails (which it will), Misbah will no doubt blame the gazillion bowlers we have and not the batsmen.

Misbah's Army

Dads-army-header-600.gif

What a positive first comment, at least let the 1st ball to be bowled and then give them both barrels :)

Just my personal opinion, stressing how important this game is for the series. Don't see what's false about it.

Buddy if i could shot everybody responsible i would... what can we do? We protest and media protests too but the PCB ignores it and the analysts too.
It's quite sad you guys have a lot of talent being wasted on the sidelines for one reason or the other

Utter shambles, kick out another promising young lad for the the freeloaders.

And Umar Akmal on the bench too boot.....

Dads army in for another rude awakening

In my view this team should play for PAK in all ODI's

Shehzad
Jamshed
Shafiq
Umar
Fawad
H.Sohail

Just my personal opinion, stressing how important this game is for the series. Don't see what's false about it.

Nothing... you nailed it... if they win this then winning the series will become next too impossible and misbah picked the worst line up ever....

Its a loss loss situation...

If the TTF click then they will stay with them for the next four tours and if they dont then we will lose very badly.

It's quite sad you guys have a lot of talent being wasted on the sidelines for one reason or the other

Story of our cricket... when two youngsters are dropped for such failures then losing becomes a norm.

Dads army in for another rude awakening

Rude awakening? the last match we lost by over a hundred runs, I doubt there is anyway they will awake .

No need to waste 8 hours, Pakistan going no where !

The team we are playing with today has no chance to win 2nd ODI, chances of Pakistan wining this ODI in less than 10%, this is just because to our Kaptan shaib's approach

Another massive ODI defeat on cards, no need to waste 8 hours and frusturate your self and feel bad afterwords, when I see the team today I just cancelled my day off and now on my way back to my job :)

Misbah will never let his defense tactics go

Team management continue to pick Mishbah, YK, Shoaib Malik and Kamran

Pakistan ranking will be ruined so do the confidence of young members in the team.

4 tail enders and afridi and malik .........so basically once we are 3 down the game is lost

lmao

worst team i have ever seen fielded in 10 years

hate to say it, but its difficult to disagree

unlesss our bowlers pull off a miracle and skittle this Saffie side - which is also really difficult to see

And they call this joker Professor :facepalm:

gul and afridi just jogging in.... we will see alot of this kind of fielding today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back