Sri Lanka A v Pakistan A | 3rd u/o ODI | 24/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
kamranO said:
what the score why you people are updating very slowly

Sorry sir ji if we don't have the time to keep telling you what the score is ;-)

Pak A 224/7 after 41 overs

64 required from 30.

Juggernaut said:
Sorry sir ji if we don't have the time to keep telling you what the score is ;-)

Pak A 224/7 after 41 overs

64 required from 30.

its ok

Bhanja playing for his average.

The good thing is that they are putting up a fight.
Our first team would have been blown away for 170 runs, if not less.

d/l never favours sides batting second....
series is evenly poised now at 2-1....atleast it will make the players work even harder..

kamranO said:
now what happpens any update i think sri lanka wins
Canada v Kenya, Match was abandoned without a ball bowled. :(

Pakistan A lose by 35 runs (D/L Method)

Good innings by Shehzad and Bhanja Senior

They put up one hell of a fight

Good to see

So dissapointed Shezad didn't get another century

Pak A lead Srl A 2-1 in the series with 2 games to go

Once again great batting by Ahmed Shezad, he is really making a big case for himself to be included in the national team in both Tests and ODIs. Good support by Bhanja Snr but almost no contribution from anyone else. Including Khurram Manzoor was a horrid idea and Ghani isn't performing the way everyone was hoping he would, they should probably try him at #4 which is his normal batting position. Hopefully Pakistan A can win the next match and seal the series.

Ahmed Shahzad is having a hell of a tour

Similar to what Umar Akmal did in Aus. Hes scored runs, and big runs, with a very good strike and from what i've seen in the scorecards, he likes hitting sixes.

Maybe I was wrong about him, maybe hes not only a very bright future Test prospect but also an equally important ODI and T20 potential

One more thing I'd like to add is for people to stop criticizing Faisal Iqbal, he might not be great, but he deserves a spot in this A side, and hes even played 2-3 good innings on the tour so far. So give him a break

Azhar Ali needs to be given a chance along with Umar Amin in the next ODI. Need to drop Bhanja Jnr and Khurram or Khalid.

Last edited:
Ghani is really missing our here while Shehzad has grabbedthe bull by the horns and put himself at the door of the national team.

Boi said:
Azhar Ali needs to be given a chance along with Azeem Ghumman in the next ODI. Need to drop Bhanja Jnr and Khurram or Khalid.

Keep up with the programme brother. Ghumman isn't even in the sqaud. And with the chance's Azhar Ali has had in the ODI series he hasn't been able to score at pace.

Also Shehzad is having a good tour but he still needs time. I want to see him go on tour to England and South Africa first and see what he does there.

I don't think he should be picked for the national team as yet. Umar Akmal went and scored on the most difficult stage: In Australia and he scored magnificently. I'd like to see Shehzad have a good tour of RSA and/or England and get a bit more domestic cricket under his belt before he's considered.

^^ I meant to say Umar Amin instead of Azeem Ghumman. Sorry about that.

BTW this was the 3rd ODI, not 2nd as the Thread Headline suggest.

Well, Ahmed Shehzad is 3/3 in performances on this tour.

100+, 39, and now 91. Goods tuff.

Ahmed shehzad needs to open in the last two odis no need to play 3 or 4 openers

ok Ghani needs a collective kick in his butt from all the PPers who supported him.

hur rizvi said:
Ahmed shehzad needs to open in the last two odis no need to play 3 or 4 openers

true say ... let him make runs as an opener. It would be more exciting to see a genuine opener playing for Pakistan in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back