Sri Lanka A v Pakistan A | 3rd u/o ODI | 24/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

hur rizvi

Senior Test Player
Runs
Match is just about to start and Pakistan A have got 2-0 lead here should be intresting to watch

Last edited:
Mohammad Talha 5 0 20 0 4.00 (1nb, 2w)

Naved Arif 5 0 34 0 6.80 (2w)

Wahab Riaz 1.3 0 5 0 3.33 (1nb)

Sri Lanka A innings (50 overs maximum) R B 4s 6s SR
WU Tharanga not out 35 42 7 0 83.33

ML Udawatte not out 18 29 2 0 62.06

Extras (lb 2, w 4, nb 2) 8

Total (0 wickets; 11.3 overs) 61 (5.30 runs per over)

Great start by Sri Lanka, 142/0 although the run rate is not that out of control (4.95 ). This will be a good test of the Pakistan A batting line up which contains a lot of players who are more suited to First Class rather then List A. ( Khurram Manzoor and Bhanja Bros )

155/0 after 31 overs.

Why do Pakistani bowlers struggle so much when the pitch seems to be flat. This happend to the first team as well.
I hope Pakistan can put up a big opening stand as well, though i doubt it will happen.

The only good thing here is that the RR isn't out of control (5.0).

I think the fact that the first 2 ODI's were shortened really helped Pakistan A - they have a relatively weak bowling attack.

shane said:
I think the fact that the first 2 ODI's were shortened really helped Pakistan A - they have a relatively weak bowling attack.

Well on paper we don't have a weak attack; Wahab riaz, talha, arif and Abdur Rehman are all good bowlers, but don't know why they are struggling today. Must be a really good track!

204/0 after 37,5 overs.

shane said:
Einstien you can judge bowlers without having seen them bowl.

Xoib said:
Einstien you can judge bowlers without having seen them bowl.

I can also judge them by their stats. Not to mention the opposition being 222/0.

Finally a breakthrough. 222/4 after 40.4 overs.

Bhanja jr. getting the wicket! wow!

IAJ said:
Finally a breakthrough. 222/4 after 40.4 overs.

Bhanja jr. getting the wicket! wow!

Now we're just getting ambitious. Its 229/1.

Another gone, this time Kapugedera. Abdur Rehman takes his scalp.

231/2 after 42 overs.

238/3 (43.3 ov)

Abdur Rehman strikes again, Kandamby gone.

What a comeback by our bowlers!

shane said:
I can also judge them by their stats. Not to mention the opposition being 222/0.
Yes lets judge them on 1 game on a flat track the last 3 games never happened. :14:

IAJ said:
238/3 (43.3 ov)

Abdur Rehman strikes again, Kandamby gone.

What a comeback by our bowlers!
Now Shane will start calling Rehman the nexr Murali since he judges everything by scorecard

244/3 after 44 overs.

Now it's time for the yorkers! I hope they can keep them under 270, will be very hard.

Xoib said:
Yes lets judge them on 1 game on a flat track the last 3 games never happened. :14:

Talha has a List-A bowling average of 36 and econ of 5.92
Arif has a list-A bowling average of 33 and econ of 6.12
Riaz has an average of 29 and econ of 5.06
Rehman has an average of 26 and econ of 4.33 (He is their best bowler)
Shehzad has an average of 105 and econ of 6
Iqbal has an average of 38 and econ of 7.18

So I repeat, this attack is not scaring anyone.

Udawatte has smashed both Wahab Riaz and Talha for one six each.

And Mohammad Talha strikes! bye to Udawatte.

277/4 after 46.5.

294/6 after 49 overs.

Should keep them under 300 now.

shane said:
Talha has a List-A bowling average of 36 and econ of 5.92
Arif has a list-A bowling average of 33 and econ of 6.12
Riaz has an average of 29 and econ of 5.06
Rehman has an average of 26 and econ of 4.33 (He is their best bowler)
Shehzad has an average of 105 and econ of 6
Iqbal has an average of 38 and econ of 7.18

So I repeat, this attack is not scaring anyone.
sample size too small to make any judgement on stats also wickets in Pakistan FC cricket are roads.

Well Pakistan need 301 runs to win the series.

I hope Khurram Manzoor plays well today. He doesn't perform when it matters.

Xoib said:
sample size too small to make any judgement on stats also wickets in Pakistan FC cricket are roads.

We shouldn't forget one thing here: these bowlers are the second string bowlers. That is why they are with the A team and not included in CT-squad.

But having said that, these boys are talented and we will see more of them in future InshaAllah.

301 is a tough ask..Lets hope one of Umar Amin , Ahmed Shehzad or someone else gets a big hunderd and take them past 300..

Manzoor's a piece of crap. Plays 16 balls then gets out for 5 runs!

Pathetic.

This Khurram Manzoor lad shouldn't open the innings. He can not play fast bowlers, he is good against spin so he should try to find a place in the middle order. He is just wasting so many deliveries up front and putting preassure on Khalid Lafif.

iZeeshan said:
Manzoor's a piece of crap. Plays 16 balls then gets out for 5 runs!

Pathetic.

Totally waste. He is crap against fast bowlers. Why do they play him as opener. Just get rid of him!

Khalid Latif is also out.

20/2. ideal start! for lankans..

And another one croaks! K Latif gone.

20/2 Not a pretty scorecard

BUT A Shehzad and S Ghani batting right now. If these two can get a big partnership, they can seal their future. Well, Shehzad at least.

Just realized tha there is no Mar Amin. Can't believe they dropped him for Manzoor.

Chalo the Mach is delayed coz of rain. The new target might help Pakistan as they play better when they attack.
If there is no more play today, then Pakistan wont lose the series as the minimun of 20 overs required are not bowled yet.

We're basically being carried by Shehzad, a 17 year old.

How in the world do the Bhanjas continue to get selected? Bhanja Junior, for example, averages a lovely 28 in odi cricket, yet he finds himself playing very game. Bhanja Senior is never an option for any form of the game. It's disgraceful.

Sheikh said:
We're basically being carried by Shehzad, a 17 year old.

How in the world do the Bhanjas continue to get selected? Bhanja Junior, for example, averages a lovely 28 in odi cricket, yet he finds himself playing very game. Bhanja Senior is never an option for any form of the game. It's disgraceful.

:jm

Manzoor along with Bhanja Bros need to be kept as far away as possible from the ODI team.

D/L sucks. Only 12 runs deducted for 4 overs. Stiff target now.

sali said:
D/L sucks. Only 12 runs deducted for 4 overs. Stiff target now.

Totally agree. You can easily get 25 runs in those 4 overs.

This will suit Pakistan: 141 runs needed from 18 overs.
Time to turn into T20-modus now.

Shehzad is 73 not out.

If he gets a 100 I'm pretty confident we can win this and take the series with it.

sali said:
Bhanja is giving good support but his RR is slow.

What good support? he better get out and give Sarfraz Ahmed a go. He has faced close to 50 balls and still now boundary. RR req. has almost gone up to 9 now.

Instead Ahmed Shehzad falls, huh!

Shezad is gone for 91 and with him the match. Another great knock from him today, but too bad he couldn't get 100 and win us the match.

Imr4n_Khan said:
Shezad is gone for 91 and with him the match. Another great knock from him today, but too bad he couldn't get 100 and win us the match.

plez update score card what the link

Many ppl here has hyped up Ghani. Let us see what he has got for us. This is a real test for him.

kamranO said:
i know about cricinfo any other web because in my system the website is not opening so plae give me manual upadate bhaai!!!!!!!.

Pakistan A 182/5 (35.3/46 ov)

Ghani gone

Ghani gone.

He's had a very poor tour so far.

I hate to say it but the Bhanja bro's have played better than him.

Hmmm so Ghani is all hype? Or maybe just out of form?

Can't handle the pressure...

Pakistan A requires another 106 runs with 6 wickets and 10.3 overs remaining at 10.09 runs per over.

The captain is playing a great knock to save (as in saving a test match) this ODI by scoring 40 runs in 52 balls at a S/R of 76.92.

Last edited:
Talha in before Sarfraz or crapinfo gona change it?

WHy the hell anwar ali didnt tour srilanka any body know about this

ANy body read the article in express news about fawad alam that he is increasing his bank balance and bla bla bla any body

IAJ said:
What good support? he better get out and give Sarfraz Ahmed a go. He has faced close to 50 balls and still now boundary. RR req. has almost gone up to 9 now.

Yep, Bhanja shouldn't be playing in ODIs.

kamranO said:
WHy the hell anwar ali didnt tour srilanka any body know about this

Because he is too obsessed with some small time lancashire league club

also he wasnt selected for this tour :p

hasanb said:
Because he is too obsessed with some small time lancashire league club

also he wasnt selected for this tour :p

but he was much better than naved arif or m.talha

and may be he didnt have good contacts that y he wasnt selected

kamranO said:
but he was much better than naved arif or m.talha

and may be he didnt have good contacts that y he wasnt selected

Well i dont think that is the reason, but it would certainly help his case if he chose a PCB development camp...as opposed to the obscurity of Colne CC.

To each his own, but the guy has his priorities very wrong in my opinion.

78 from 43 is not impossible, but Malinga is hard to get away

hasanb said:
Well i dont think that is the reason, but it would certainly help his case if he chose a PCB development camp...as opposed to the obscurity of Colne CC.

To each his own, but the guy has his priorities very wrong in my opinion.

i think you forgot the 06 glory how he was moving the ball at that time after that victory he should be drafted into the team but he has no good PR or connection may be thats why didnt get chance till now. see u.akmal he has brother he is in i dont think he U.akmal doesn't done some exceptional work.

Bhanja has one 4 in 60 balls. He's trying to break Gavaskar's record.

Shazad was able to maintain RRR around 8.5 but it climbed after his departure.

sali said:
Bhanja has one 4 in 60 balls. He's trying to break Gavaskar's record.

Shazad was able to maintain RRR around 8.5 but it climbed after his departure.

IS this bhanja senior or junior bhanja you ppers not mentioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back