[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Sri Lanka tour of Bangladesh (2024)

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Schedule revealed for Sri Lanka's tour of Bangladesh

The two teams will play a total of eight games during March and early April, headlined by a pair of Test matches.

Bangladesh get the chance to put pressure on the ICC World Test Championship pacesetters when they host Sri Lanka for two Tests that begin at the end of next month.

Sri Lanka will arrive in Bangladesh at the start of March for a total of eight matches, with three T20Is and three ODIs preceding the World Test Championship contests in Sylhet and Chattogram.

Bangladesh currently occupy fourth place on the World Test Championship standings courtesy of a victory and a loss against New Zealand towards the end of last year and will be keen to move into contention for a place in next year's final via some good performances on home soil.

Sri Lanka have two losses to their name during this World Test Championship period following disappointing efforts against Pakistan last year and get the chance to pick up some points against their Asian rival.

The first Test is scheduled to commence in Sylhet from March 22, before the teams move to Chattogram for the final clash from March 30.

Tour Schedule:

First T20I: March 4, Sylhet
Second T20I: March 6, Sylhet
Third T20I: March 9, Sylhet

First ODI: March 13, Chattogram
Second ODI: March 15, Chattogram
Third ODI: March 18, Chattogram

First Test: March 22-26, Sylhet
Second Test: March 30-April 3, Chattogram
ICC

Full tour.

3 T20s, 3 ODIs, and 2 Tests.

It should be 50-50 considering Sri Lanka have declined and BD are generally okay at home.

The below-given Sri Lanka T20I squad has been selected by the Cricket Selection Committee to take part in the T20I series vs Bangladesh.

The Honorable Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs, Harin Fernando, approved the squad.

The team will leave for Bangladesh tomorrow.

The Squad:

1.Wanindu Hasaranga - Captain
2.Charith Asalanka -Vice Captain
3. Kusal Mendis
4. Sadeera Samarawickrama
5. Angelo Mathews
6. Dasun Shanaka
7. Maheesh Theekshana
8. Dhananjaya de Silva
09. Kusal Janith Perera
10. Dilshan Madushanka
11. Nuwan Thushara
12.Matheesha Pathirana
13.Akila Dananjaya
14.Binura Fernando
15.Kamindu Mendis
16. Avishka Fernando – comes in place of Pathum Nissanka.
17. Jeffrey Vandersay

Pathum Nissanka: He was selected in the original squad but will not travel as the
player is still recovering from the injury he sustained during the Afghanistan tour.

Charith Asalanka will be the ‘acting captain’ for the first two games of the series

SLC

Jakir Ali Anik replaces Aliss Al Islam in Bangladesh T20 Squad

Wicketkeeper-batsman Jakir Ali Anik has been drafted into the Bangladesh T20 squad for the upcoming three-match series against Sri Lanka as a replacement for off-spinner Aliss Al Islam, who sustained a finger injury while representing Comilla Victorians in the recently concluded Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20.

National Team Physio Bayjedul Islam Khan said: "Aliss underwent an MRI, confirming a right middle finger MCP joint ligament sprain and swelling. His recovery is estimated to take two to three weeks, thus ruling him out of the series."

The 26-year-old Jakir showcased impressive form for Comilla Victorians in the recent BPL, amassing 199 runs at an average of 99.5 and a striking rate of 141.

Chairman of the National Selection Panel, Gazi Ashraf Hossain said: "In addition to Aliss, we have three other frontline spinners in Rishad (Hossan), Taijul (Islam), and Shak Mahedi (Hasan) in the T20 squad. We believe that instead of adding another spinner to replace Aliss, the team's balance would be better served by including someone like Jakir Ali, who can bolster the middle or lower-middle order and serve as a finisher."

BANGLADESH T20I SQUAD

Najmul Hossain Shanto (Captain), Litton Kumer Das, Anamul Haque Bijoy, Md Naim Sheikh, Tawhid Hridoy, Soumya Sarkar, Shak Mahedi Hasan, Mahmud Ullah, Taijul Islam, Rishad Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Jakir Ali Anik

The new El classico of Asia
====
Preview: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka T20 cricket series
South Asian rivals meet in a three-match T20 series after a string of hotly-contested encounters in the recent past.

Two South Asian nations are set to resume their heated cricket rivalry with a three-match Twenty20 series as they eye the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup 2024.

Bangladesh and Sri Lanka – not India and Pakistan – will play the first match of the series in Sylhet, Bangladesh on Monday, less than three months ahead of cricket’s showpiece event of the year.

Bangladesh captain Najmul Hossain Shanto said on Sunday that he wants his team to use the series to perfect the format ahead of the World Cup in June.

The series marks the start of Sri Lanka’s month-long tour of Bangladesh, which also includes three one-day internationals and two Tests.

Shanto said it was critical to “play as a team”, noting that they bagged big wins last year when “everyone contributed”.

Bangladesh defeated world champions England 3-0 at home in 2023, and also won series against Ireland and Afghanistan, before drawing a three-match series 1-1 against New Zealand.

Shanto said he wanted to keep the momentum going into the World Cup, hosted this year by the United States and the West Indies.

“Last year, we did well in T20s,” he told reporters.

“It is very important that we play eight or 11 matches before going to the World Cup.

“If we take these matches… and decide how we want to play in the World Cup, then it will be easy to plan.”

The World Cup is a key focus of Sri Lanka, too.

Sri Lanka coach Chris Silverwood said he was expecting a “very competitive series between two good sides”.

“Obviously, we’re now in the build-up to what is an important competition in the World Cup,” he said.

“What we have to do … is concentrate on what’s in front of us and remember what we’re aiming for.”

Return of the ‘Nagin dance’ rivalry
The teams have developed a hotly-contested rivalry over the past few years, and every time they meet, there is no shortage of provocative words on the field and placards in the stands.

Venomous on-field celebrations – which started with the “Nagin dance” in 2018 – are almost a permanent fixture as well.

Source: Al Jazeera

TOSS UPDATE: Bangladesh opt to bowl against Sri Lanka in the first T20I.

Atrocious bowling from Lankans and a superlative T20 knock from Jaker Ali has made this T20 game very interesting

Mahmudullah and Jaker Ali's fifties in vain as Sri Lanka edge Bangladesh by 3 runs in first T20I.
Mahmudullah and Jaker Ali scored fighting half centuries but it wasn’t enough for Bangladesh to go over the line as they lost to Sri Lanka by 3 runs. Angelo Mathews, Binura Fernando and Dasun Shanaka shared 2 wickets each as the Bangla Tigers scored 203/8 in a chase of 207.

Earlier, Sadeera Samarawickrama and Kusal Mendis scored fifties while Charith Asalanka played a blistering 44 as Sri Lanka posted 206/3 in the 1st T20I at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium on Monday with both teams looking to build momentum for the upcoming T20 World Cup.

The last time these two teams met in a competitive fixture was back in the 2023 ODI World Cup which was infamous for the time-out dismissal of Lankan batter Angelo Matthews brought on by Bangla skipper Shakib Al Hasan.

Indian Express

How do Bangladesh never manage to finish close games? They were down and out, Jaker managed to bring it oh so close, but could hit in the final nail in the coffin and Lankans manage to sneak through.

SL were looking good for a big win. But, Jaker made the game close.

Good game in the end.

TOSS UPDATE: Bangladesh won the toss and opted to bowl first against Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka (Playing XI):

Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis(w), Kamindu Mendis, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka(c), Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka, Maheesh Theekshana, Dilshan Madushanka, Binura Fernando, Matheesha Pathirana

Bangladesh (Playing XI):

Litton Das(w), Soumya Sarkar, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Jaker Ali, Mahedi Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Rishad Hossain

TOSS UPDATE: Bangladesh won the toss and opted to bowl first against Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka (Playing XI):

Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis(w), Kamindu Mendis, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka(c), Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka, Maheesh Theekshana, Dilshan Madushanka, Binura Fernando, Matheesha Pathirana

Bangladesh (Playing XI):

Litton Das(w), Soumya Sarkar, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Jaker Ali, Mahedi Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Rishad Hossain
2nd T20I - Result: Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka by 8 wickets

• Bangladesh chase a target 166 runs with eight wickets to spare to beat Sri Lanka in the second T20 international of the three-match series at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.
  • Kamindu Mendis top-scored for the visitors with 37 runs.
  • Najmul Hossain Shanto hit the winning runs for six, which also brought up his fifty as he was named Player of the Match.
  • Sri Lanka won the first match of the series by three runs in a thrilling finish.
  • The two teams will face each other again in the group stage of the 2024 T20 World Cup in June.

First Innings

Sri Lanka Score - 165/5 in 20.0 overs

Sri Lanka batting performance
Kamindu Mendis 37(27)
Kusal Mendis 36(22)
Soumya Sarkar 1-5-1
Taskin Ahmed 4-38-1

Second Innings

Bangladesh Score - 170/2 in 18.1 overs

Bangladesh batting performance
Najmul Hossain Shanto 53(38)
Litton Das 36(24)
Matheesha Pathirana 3.4-28-2
Binura Fernando 3-22-0

Sri Lankan assistant coach Naveed Nawaz said on Wednesday that Soumya Sarkar's overturned caught-behind in the second T20I against Bangladesh played a big part in the outcome of the game.

The incident happened when Sri Lankan skipper Charith Asalanka introduced pacer Binura Fernando in the attack in the fourth over of the game and produced an edge as Soumya tried to pull. The ball carried to Kusal Mendis and the batter was given out caught behind, but he reviewed immediately.

"The on-field umpire had given him out and I am sure the TV umpire got to have conclusive evidence to overturn the on-field umpire's decision," said Nawaz. "We haven't seen the footage or anything like that but it was clear that there was a spike, we saw it on the big screen and we might have to take it up to the match referee and see what actually happened there. The footage that we have got on our screens were not enough to say anything but I am sure the TV umpire had evidence to overturn the decision."

Soumya was actually walking back having seen the spike on the big screen but the TV umpire Masudur Rahman reckoned the spike came one frame too late for it to be an edge off the bat and concluded that there was gap between bat and ball when the spike showed up.

Sri Lankan players surrounded around the on-field umpire to get answers. Soumya did not survive at the crease for much longer but the incident certainly put the visitors on the back foot psychologically.

"I mean it was big issue and the first wicket and it could have given us a head start. Obviously on a track like this any wicket is crucial," Naveed said.

Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, 3rd T20I:

After being asked to bat first by Bangladesh, Sri lanka started well. At the end of the powerplay, score is 42/1.

Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, 3rd T20I:

After being asked to bat first by Bangladesh, Sri lanka started well. At the end of the powerplay, score is 42/1.
Bangladesh go down swinging as Kusal Mendis’ 86 and Nuwan Thushara’s 5 for 20 seal Sri Lanka the series.

Sri Lanka won by 28 runs

Bangladesh go down swinging as Kusal Mendis’ 86 and Nuwan Thushara’s 5 for 20 seal Sri Lanka the series.

Sri Lanka won by 28 runs
Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka 3rd T20I

Kusal Mendis, Nuwan Tushara Hand Sri Lanka T20I Series Win

Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh by 28 runs in the third T201 to win the series 2-1. Sri Lanka posted 174-7 while batting before bowling out Bangladesh for 146.

Bangladesh have been bowled out for 146 and Sri Lanka win the match by 28 runs. They also win the series 2-1. Kusal Mendis scored a blazing 86 in 55 balls to help Sri Lanka post a score of 174/7. Sri Lanka were set to post a 180-190+ score when Kusal Mendis and Wanindu Hasaranga were batting but Bangladesh pulled things back to restrict Sri Lanka to under 175.

At the half-way stage, Sri Lanka might have felt that they are a few runs short but Nuwan Tushara's sensational spell bamboozled Bangladesh's hopes. Tushara was on fire and bagged four wickets in his first seven balls, including a hattrick to leave Bangladesh reeling. Rishad Hossain entertained the crowd with brisk fifty but the game was done and dusted in the powerplay itself.

Times Now

lol Bangladeshi brothers can’t win a home series. This is the most overrated and overhyped team by their fans. Lots of chest beating with absolutely nothing to show for on the field. Pathetic team.

lol Bangladeshi brothers can’t win a home series. This is the most overrated and overhyped team by their fans. Lots of chest beating with absolutely nothing to show for on the field. Pathetic team.

Relax. It is just a T20 series.

They beat India 2-1 at home recently. Don't forget.

Your IPL money couldn't prevent an 1-2 defeat.

Relax. It is just a T20 series.

They beat India 2-1 at home recently. Don't forget.

Your IPL money couldn't prevent an 1-2 defeat.

A home odi series, is that all you have left to brag about.

Bnag has never won a test match against and lost the asia cup and nidhas finals, looks like our ipl money worked fine and left some deep, permanent scars on a certain someone :kp

A home odi series, is that all you have left to brag about.

Bnag has never won a test match against and lost the asia cup and nidhas finals, looks like our ipl money worked fine and left some deep, permanent scars on a certain someone :kp

He was saying BD couldn't win at home which obviously wasn't true. He didn't specify any format so I assumed he meant all formats.

BD recently beat India 2-1 and drew against NZ 1-1 at home.

Can Lankans win the ODI series? Let's see.

They lost the previous ODI series 1-2 (last time they were in BD).
If the umpiring (tv umpiring in particular) is anywhere close to being decent then I expect them to win the ODI series as well.

He was saying BD couldn't win at home which obviously wasn't true. He didn't specify any format so I assumed he meant all formats.

BD recently beat India 2-1 and drew against NZ 1-1 at home.
Chote Chote fanoki Chote Chote kushiya

Bangladesh need to find some talent from somewhere. Not sure what is up with their cricket recently. They got pulverised in the World Cup when I thought they could do a bit better.

They need a quality bowling attack with quicks and a good wrist spinner. These finger spinners won't cut it on normal decks

Bangladesh need to find some talent from somewhere. Not sure what is up with their cricket recently. They got pulverised in the World Cup when I thought they could do a bit better.

They need a quality bowling attack with quicks and a good wrist spinner. These finger spinners won't cut it on normal decks

They finished 8th in the World Cup. They are also #8 in ODI ranking. I say their WC performance was par.

They should've beaten Netherlands though. That was the only anomaly.

BD's spin attack declined. Pace attack improved after Allan Donald worked with them for a bit.

They finished 8th in the World Cup. They are also #8 in ODI ranking. I say their WC performance was par.

They should've beaten Netherlands though. That was the only anomaly.
Bangladesh won ODI series in SA, won a series against India, won an ODI against England etc. in the last World Cup cycle.

More is expected of them in ODI cricket . Test cricket is hard for non Big 3 sides but it's time to step up in limited overs.

Bangladesh won ODI series in SA, won a series against India, won an ODI against England etc. in the last World Cup cycle.

More is expected of them in ODI cricket . Test cricket is hard for non Big 3 sides but it's time to step up in limited overs.
Competing in world cup is different. Based on their growth chart they will never ever win a world cup. They first have to win Asia cup before winning world cup. That is also unlikely. Srilanka has gone through so much turmoil, transition. Just with school cricket system they have achieved so much. Reached 3 world cup finals and won one. Won a world T20. Shared one CT final. Won a test series in SA. They reached the highest number of Asia cup finals in history. BD can get nowhere close to what SL achieved. They will continue relyong "upsets" for the next 20 to 30 years. Only way they can do something significant is when 5 or 6 major teams stop playing cricket.

There pace bowling is not bad. Their batting is pathetic, fielding is average and attitude is pathetic. The only area they excel is in hubris, arrogance and providing opportunities to others to troll them. I don't think there is any other nation wirh any substantial population which is so bad at sports. I don't think they are world class in any field

Competing in world cup is different. Based on their growth chart they will never ever win a world cup. They first have to win Asia cup before winning world cup. That is also unlikely. Srilanka has gone through so much turmoil, transition. Just with school cricket system they have achieved so much. Reached 3 world cup finals and won one. Won a world T20. Shared one CT final. Won a test series in SA. They reached the highest number of Asia cup finals in history. BD can get nowhere close to what SL achieved. They will continue relyong "upsets" for the next 20 to 30 years. Only way they can do something significant is when 5 or 6 major teams stop playing cricket.
Ideally with this kind of performance any team would garner the underdog fans like how Ireland and Afghanistan teams do. But due to hubris and arrogance from their fans and especially their superstars they ensure everyone supports whichever teams BD is playing against. Only time I have seen Pakistanis, Indians and SL cheering for a team together is when that team plays against BD.

Whatever criteria you come up with BD's achievements looks laughable. Even Afghan team, with their country literally in a never ending war seem to have better cricketers.

Once again BD arrogance was met with apt response

Bangladesh coach - Wanindu Hasaranga playing the series, he is just another player in front of us

Wanindu Hasaranga - It's just a series win for us. Our bowling was too good for them.

Bangladesh coach - Wanindu Hasaranga playing the series, he is just another player in front of us

Wanindu Hasaranga - It's just a series win for us. Our bowling was too good for them.

BD coach is a Sri Lankan (Hathurusingha).

Why is the statement arrogant though? What do you want him to say?

Bangladesh player Towhid Hridoy has been fined 15 per cent of his match fee for breaching Level 1 of the ICC Code of Conduct during the third T20I against Sri Lanka in Sylhet on Saturday.

Towhid was found to have breached Article 2.20 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to displaying conduct that is contrary to the spirit of the game.

In addition to this, one demerit point has been added to Towhid’s disciplinary record, for whom it was the first offence in a 24-month period.

The incident occurred in the fourth over of Bangladesh’s innings, when after being dismissed, Towhid turned around on his way back to the pavilion and remonstrated aggressively and inappropriately with the Sri Lankan players.

Towhid admitted the offence and accepted the sanction proposed by Andy Pycroft of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees, so there was no need for a formal hearing.

On-field umpires Sharfuddoula Saikat and Tanvir Ahmed, third umpire Gazi Sohel and fourth umpire Masudur Rahman levelled the charge.

Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand, a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee, and one or two demerit points.

Bangladesh player Towhid Hridoy has been fined 15 per cent of his match fee for breaching Level 1 of the ICC Code of Conduct during the third T20I against Sri Lanka in Sylhet on Saturday.

Towhid was found to have breached Article 2.20 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to displaying conduct that is contrary to the spirit of the game.

In addition to this, one demerit point has been added to Towhid’s disciplinary record, for whom it was the first offence in a 24-month period.

The incident occurred in the fourth over of Bangladesh’s innings, when after being dismissed, Towhid turned around on his way back to the pavilion and remonstrated aggressively and inappropriately with the Sri Lankan players.

Towhid admitted the offence and accepted the sanction proposed by Andy Pycroft of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees, so there was no need for a formal hearing.

On-field umpires Sharfuddoula Saikat and Tanvir Ahmed, third umpire Gazi Sohel and fourth umpire Masudur Rahman levelled the charge.

Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand, a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee, and one or two demerit points.

This type of behavior is not needed during a JAMODI. As a matter of fact, it is never needed.

Just play the game and go home. No need for 20th century drama.

Even usually mild mannered Lankans will get pissed off by the immature antics of these BD players.

There is already another bunch from BD U19 squad with similar mindset and attitude is waiting in the wings to be the torchbearers of this culture of premature ugly celebrations and false machismo.

Hope someone in the back room with sane mind prevails.

Sri Lanka recall all-rounder after two years for Bangladesh ODI series​

Sri Lanka have handed a recall to Kamindu Mendis in their ODI squad for the three-match series against Bangladesh.​

Kamindu Mendis, who made a successful return to the T20I setup in the bilaterals against Afghanistan and Bangladesh, has made a return to the ODI squad for the first time since 2022.
Mendis had smashed an unbeaten 65 off just 39 balls in the third and final T20I against Afghanistan last month in the first innings since his comeback.

Lahiru Kumara, who last played in the format in the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023, also makes a return to the squad.

He will be part of a pace attack that also has Dilshan Madushanka, Pramod Madushan and Chamika Karunaratne. Asitha Fernando missed out on the squad due to injury.

Source: ICC

I may not be the right guy to decide how much should hv been the penalty. But a Penalty of 15% match fee doesn't seem like a penalty at all. It was an unprovoked violent escalation from the Bangla batter (Hridoy). Lankan players had not said/gestured anything at him. They were merely celebrating.

BD arrogance comes with absolutely no performance on the field. Do their superstars know they are not fit to get into most other country's A teams? They talk big, inevitably fail on the field and make a laughingstock of themselves. I don't think there is any other sport team in the world who have so much of arrogance for so little to show. When their golden generation retire, they should introspect why they have not got a single silverware to show for their hubris. Alas, introspection was never a strong point of any BD cricketer or their fan. It's a team built for meme value and getting humiliated on the field. poor punching bags of world cricket

BD arrogance comes with absolutely no performance on the field. Do their superstars know they are not fit to get into most other country's A teams? They talk big, inevitably fail on the field and make a laughingstock of themselves. I don't think there is any other sport team in the world who have so much of arrogance for so little to show. When their golden generation retire, they should introspect why they have not got a single silverware to show for their hubris. Alas, introspection was never a strong point of any BD cricketer or their fan. It's a team built for meme value and getting humiliated on the field. poor punching bags of world cricket
I recall Taskin doing some nonsense of slicing Dhoni's head or something ...

Don't think Bangladeshi coach (who by the way is a Sri Lankan) or Bangladeshi players need approvals from Indian fans about what to say or what not to say.
no they don't need any approval from Indian fans. We want them to say more. How else are we going to get our daily dose of meme material? How else can laugh at their stupidity? how else can we laugh at there next idiotic celebration?

Just imagine the celebrations, arrogance, talk, if at all BD was a team which could reliably beat a mid tier team, let alone a top team.

Regarding the coach being Sri Lankan, it doesn't matter if they are Bangladeshi or not, once you are in that toxic setup you become Bangladeshi at heart.

I recall Taskin doing some nonsense of slicing Dhoni's head or something ...
That was a poster by some fans. google and see. This is the same guy who averages 50 in the tests. The crying faces of BD fans when Dhoni kicked them out of the tournament with a six was priceless..

lol another superstar with 23 average at 125 strike rate talking big.. when do these players learn.. Show some performance, earn your superstardom and then have an attitude.. choote choote loogonki choote choote stardom.

Even usually mild mannered Lankans will get pissed off by the immature antics of these BD players.

There is already another bunch from BD U19 squad with similar mindset and attitude is waiting in the wings to be the torchbearers of this culture of premature ugly celebrations and false machismo.

Hope someone in the back room with sane mind prevails.
false machoism comes from deep insecurities. When you have history of non-achievement, your own individual performance won't get you into any top team, you know your team is inferior, it is natural to feel insecure. Most smart people realize this and slowly work their way up and make something of themselves. Teams like Kenya, Ireland, Afg have all punched above their weight in the past although they don't have the same financial might of Bangladeshis. But our BD team takes it other way. Instead of working hard, they just assume they are already best in the world and show attitude to everyone else. They have to be the most arrogant team ever with the least achievement.

After Choosing to bat in the 1st DOI against Bangladesh, They started off pretty nicely.

71/1 after 10 overs atm.

This series has just gained too much importance because of that erstwhile time out incident.

Sri Lankan batsmen are easily more talented than BD and Pakistani batsmen

Mendis, Nissanka, Avishka, Sadeera, Asalanka and now this Liyanage guy.

This is a good ODI batting lineup.

Sri Lankan batsmen are easily more talented than BD and Pakistani batsmen

Mendis, Nissanka, Avishka, Sadeera, Asalanka and now this Liyanage guy.

This is a good ODI batting lineup.

Why did they finish 9th in World Cup then? They lost to Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.

They are good but inconsistent.

Why did they finish 9th in World Cup then? They lost to Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.

They are good but inconsistent.
I said their batsmen are more talented. Their bowling on flat pitches is horrendous. Thats why they got wrecked.

I said their batsmen are more talented. Their bowling on flat pitches is horrendous. Thats why they got wrecked.

Actually, no. Their batting also flopped.

For example, they posted a below-par total against BD which was easily chased down by BD (in the World Cup).

They got smoked by India. Lost by a big margin.

A few other games, their batting didn't click also.

They have some talented batters but inconsistent.

SL - 197/5 (36.4 overs).

This is Chittagong which tends to be good for batting. SL probably need 280 at least.

Actually, no. Their batting also flopped.

For example, they posted a below-par total against BD which was easily chased down by BD (in the World Cup).

They got smoked by India. Lost by a big margin.

A few other games, their batting didn't click also.

They have some talented batters but inconsistent.

Their batting flopped on tough wickets. Wankhede under lights against Bumrah and Shami was swinging ridiculously.

They beat England and tan Pakistan pretty close. It's the bowling that cost them there .

Batting wise they have more talent than quite a few teams.

Why is the focus on BD and Pakistan only? LOL.

I think Pakistani batters are better than SL batters. On tough wickets. Yes.
I only made a statement about them being more talented PAK and BD batters. Check the original post you responded to.

ODI is the only format where BD is decent. Not world beaters but decent. They should win this if they concentrate on common sense cricket. It’s a rarity for BD but should be possible

Back