Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI v Pakistan A [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI VS Pakistan A

Naved Arif takes a fifer :14:

On_the_up said:
Hope Ahmed Shehzad does well.

He isn't playing in this match according to the team line up on cricinfo.com.

Wahab Riaz should be first in line as he outshone Naved and Talha on the Australia A tour.

On_the_up said:
Hope Ahmed Shehzad does well.

It's strange that both Iqbal brothers are playing and Ahmed Shehzad isn't good enough.
I hope Azhar Ali does well because he can stick around and we need that sort of opener.

What is going on? Pakistan A is being used. We should immediately abandon the tour. Their team is CRAP. Should tour South Africa or England.

naved arif has been involved in all 6 wickets so far, could he get a 'tenfer' ?

The Akmal brothers are playing for Pakistan and the Iqbal brothers are playing for Pakistan A

Eagle Eyes said:
What is going on? Pakistan A is being used. We should immediately abandon the tour. Their team is CRAP. Should tour South Africa or England.

This is a 2 day warm up game ... the real games are against Sri Lanka A ... ... the same Sri Lank A team that hit Pakistan for 350 odd runs in the odi warm up ... so don't tell me they won't be competitive

Navid seems to be a good cricketer but who will he replace if selected since Asif is gearing back & Akhtar not letting it go

Sri Lanka XI are 198/9 so Pakistan batting collapse will start soon

Ali888 said:
Sri Lanka XI are 198/9 so Pakistan batting collapse will start soon

Pakistan A have their secret weapn, the Iqbal brothers.

Iqbal brothers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Akmal brothers

Good start from our openers especially Umar Amin.

52/0 16 overs

Umar Amin 34*

Pak ‘A’ 80-1 in reply to SLCD XI’s 207
Updated at: 1945 PST, Tuesday, August 04, 2009
KURUNEGALA: Pakistan made 80 runs for the loss of opener Khurram Manzoor in reply to 207 runs by Sri Lanka Cricket Development (SLCD) XI here on Tuesday.

The SLCD XI captain Jeewan Mendis won the toss and elected to bat first when Pakistan ‘A’ began their tour of Sri Lanka with the two-day warm up match here today at the Welagedara Stadium, Kurunegala.

However, most of their batsmen could not resist the fine bowling by young Pakistan ‘A’ seamer Naved Arif who captured five wickets for 67 runs.

The left-arm medium-fast bowler was ably supported by slow left-armer Abdul Rehman who claimed two for 33.

Nadeera Nawela was the only Sri Lankan batsman to score a fifty. He made 64.

Umar Amin (38) and Azhar Ali (14) were at the crease when the first day’s play ended.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=84283

Mercenary said:
Pakistan A have their secret weapn, the Iqbal brothers.

Iqbal brothers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Akmal brothers

the Iqbal brothers grabbed 2 catches each.

Mercenary said:
The Akmal brothers are playing for Pakistan and the Iqbal brothers are playing for Pakistan A

are they brothers i rate fahad more reliable batsman then faisal ;-)

The continues selection of Khurram Manzoor baffles me...despite failure after failure and a rather flawed technique he keeps getting chances. Whilst the opener who should be batting out there (Ahmed Shehzad) has not even made the team??

Ahmed Shehzad has an impeccable technique at least when compared to all the other opening options that we have, and he is ideally suited to the longer forms of the game. We select him for T20 (which he is not suited to) and then discard him...if that isnt ruining a talented batsmans career then i dont know what is.

I know Khurram Manzoor is not out at the moment and may even get a big score who knows however I really hope Shehzad gets to play in the 1st test against Sri Lanka A.

Last edited:
hasanb said:
The continues selection of Khurram Manzoor baffles me...despite failure after failure and a rather flawed technique he keeps getting chances. Whilst the opener who should be batting out there (Shehzad Ahmed) has not even made the team??

Shehzad Ahmed has an impeccable technique at least when compared to all the other opening options that we have, and he is ideally suited to the longer forms of the game. We select him for T20 (which he is not suited to) and then discard him...if that isnt ruining a talented batsmans career then i dont know what is.

I know Khurram Manzoor is not out at the moment and may even get a big score who knows however I really hope Shehzad gets to play in the 1st test against Sri Lanka A.

He is back in the pavilion at the crease are Umar Amin and Azhar Ali.
BTW its Ahmed Shehzad.

muhammad saad said:
He is back in the pavilion at the crease are Umar Amin and Azhar Ali.
BTW its Ahmed Shehzad.

Crapinfo is still showing Manzoor as batting...and I have absolutely no idea how i got his name the wrong way round....

I think i need to get more than the 2 hours of sleep i got last night

Anyway edited now.

cricinfo says Umar Amin is out ... he's definately still in right? he was playing well

Umar Akmal >>> Kamran Akmal
Fahad Iqbal >>> Faisal Iqbal
Does Misbah have a younger brother?? :13:

LG said:
Umar Akmal >>> Kamran Akmal
Fahad Iqbal >>> Faisal Iqbal
Does Misbah have a younger brother?? :13:

Ayub-ul-Haq :14: :14: excellent player :inzi

I hope the left arm spinner doesn't cause any problems for the Pakistan A team...

Strange innings from Azhar Ali. Yesterday he scored 14 runs of 14 balls and early today he scored 6 runs of 39 balls and got out on 20. Ghani looks in decent form.

Ghani also gone after a well made 39. Latest score: 190/3. Banjha senior is in the middle now.

303/4

all the guys have had a good bat prior to the real action of the A game

Pak 303/4

Manzoor 142*
Fahad Iqbal 21*

Umar Amin 38
Azhar Ali 20
Sheharyar Ghani 39
Faisal Iqbal 36

Geordie Ahmed said:
Manzoor with 142

Thats weird so cricinfo has it correct right? I think someone said that they mistook Manzoor for Umar Amin or vice versa?

Khurram manzoor is on 150+ now. Against crap bowling he is good, once the real action begins he starts flopping. I hope he has learned from his previous experience here in Sri Lanka when the 1st unofficial test starts in two days time.

IAJ said:
Khurram manzoor is on 150+ now. Against crap bowling he is good, once the real action begins he starts flopping. I hope he has learned from his previous experience here in Sri Lanka when the 1st unofficial test starts in two days time.
Amersinghe and Sasnayke are two of the best backup bowlers in Lanka infact Sesnayke is being called the next Murali.

Xoib said:
Amersinghe and Sasnayke are two of the best backup bowlers in Lanka infact Sesnayke is being called the next Murali.

You know your lankans quite well :13: .

Xoib said:

Never the less they are back up bowlers as you are suggesting. With other words they are not the first choice bowlers at the moment and he will face better bowlers.

IAJ said:
Never the less they are back up bowlers as you are suggesting. With other words they are not the first choice bowlers at the moment and he will face better bowlers.
You score what is put infornt of you, having said that I have not lost hope on Manzoor the last test showed he is willing to learn and guts it out even though his technique needs improvement.

Xoib said:
You score what is put infornt of you, having said that I have not lost hope on Manzoor the last test showed he is willing to learn and guts it out even though his technique needs improvement.

Yes if he can get past the first 10 overs when the ball is moving around a bit then he is a real asset for the team. I didn't see his batting on the last tour but he played Murali and Mendis with ease back home in Pakistan. Best of luck to him.

Khurram Manzoor just piles runs upon runs in first class matches but just cant click when we need him..Having said that i wont call him a failure just yet .He needs to be picked for next two test series atleast before we can actualy judge him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back