Sri Lanka v Australia | 5th ODI | 23rd January, Hobart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunning ploy to sit on the likes of Doherty and Neinriques earlier so they can bowl at the death.

When your hovering around a run rate of 7-8 a over around the 30th over do you expect to get 5-7 an over without boundarys? or would you do it MSD style and leave 100 and go berserk? As far as I know SL don't have MSD playing or enough in the bank to have a real go...

I've seen Matthews win a game against Australia chasing 280 at Hobart last year.

Don't write him off.

Doherty will come on Lets hope the Lankans don't get froze against him

Matthews strategy always is take the game long...as he did against Pakistan last year n got 14 of Sami's last over

None the teams have won 2 bilateral ODI Series in AUstralia................CAn SL do it here????

I wouldn't call it a choke to be honest.

Cmon after MJ got out it was choke choke choke. SL wre like none for 60 or something and then started gifting their wickets away and digging holes left, right and centre. Should have sent in Perera in the middle. Could have hit a few and got things going before it was too late.

Aus have bowled and fielded superbly. Top stuff.

Cmon after MJ got out it was choke choke choke. SL wre like none for 60 or something and then started gifting their wickets away and digging holes left, right and centre. Should have sent in Perera in the middle. Could have hit a few and got things going before it was too late.

It depends. Based on the Australian innings it did look like it would be a good wicket for the slower bowlers.

It depends. Based on the Australian innings it did look like it would be a good wicket for the slower bowlers.

Yeah Aus have bowled well no doubt about that but SL went no where after MJ got out. They just full on panicked.
"This SL team are chokers until proven innocent"
- judge judy

Also I have to say Bailey captained superbly tonight. Marshalled his troops extremely well. Maybe even better than Clarke in LOIs?

2 all. With SL being the moral victors (away from home, many injuries, washed out DL would have been in their favour).

Test series showed a huge gap between the teams but remove Siddle, Hussey & the longer game and it was neck & neck between two flawed teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back