Sri Lanka v Bangladesh | 1st ODI | Hambantota | 23/3/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

10sion

First Class Captain
Runs
Sri Lanka : TM Dilshan, MDKJ Perera, KC Sangakkara†, HDRL Thirimanne, LD Chandimal, AD Mathews*, BMAJ Mendis, NLTC Perera, KMDN Kulasekara, SMSM Senanayake, SL Malinga

Bangladesh : Tamim Iqbal, Anamul, Mohammad Ashraful, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Nasir Hossain, Abul Hasan, Sohag Gazi, Rubel Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Ziaur Rahman

Sri Lanka won the toss and chose to field.

Bangladesh 30/0.

From cricinfo: Sheheryar Khan: "I love watching Tamim Iqbal to bat because his batting and shots remind me of the sublime Saeed Anwar.

78-3, not bad but should have been better.

Tamim has clicked but everyone else seemed out of sorts. Pathetic that we left mominul haq out

Tamim makes it looks so easy, shame that we are missing shakib. His strike rotation ability is unmatched, no 1 does it better than him

Butter-finger Matthews drops Tamim :asif
Worst catcher ever.

Bangladesh seems to be turning a new leaf. It seems to coincide with the young guys in the team being young kids when Bangladesh were awarded test status.

Ashraful proved once again why there are millions out there in world who is a better batsman than him :))

What a load of rubbish, one of the floodlights is turned off. Hopefully, will come back soon enough.

I have to attend a tution, in 40 minutes, wish that the innings is completed by the time I get to my tuition classes

Bangla going well looking at around 240+ here.

Top knock by Tamim a well controlled 100.

Very good total by Bangla. Nasir Hossain has been impressive the whole tour looks a solid prospect.

Nasir Hossain will turn out to be a bigger matchwinner with the BAT than :shakib , not with the the ball though

And the flood lights are off.... might as well have day matches.

Sri Lanka are just using that "floodlight failure" as a strategy because 260 is too much for them on this wicket. Scared of a minnow team unbelievable!!! :D

Probably can't scrape together enough change to pay the electricity bills! :)

No problemo, they face us in the Windies and that'll get the coffers flowing.

Russell Arnold has tweeted --"2 Towers down.... Will be at least another 30min.. I'd think ... It's taking the spice out of a good chase"

BGDD4hGCEAArGeG.jpg

8.10 pm: Good news boys and girls, the match will start in 20 mins from now - 8.30 pm local time. We have lost a few overs, it will be a 41 over match, let me work out the target..

Pathetic stuff. Morons went into massive debt constructing this damn place out in no mans land but can't even host the occasional game without any issues. Useless.

8.10 pm: Good news boys and girls, the match will start in 20 mins from now - 8.30 pm local time. We have lost a few overs, it will be a 41 over match, let me work out the target.. Target is 238 off 41 overs

So 9 overs have been lost, and only 22 runs deducted. Not entirely bad for us, but the due factor will be against us and the lankans have to score 238 with 8 batsman in their ranks

it will be a 41 over match, let me work out the target.. Target is 238 off 41 overs, two Powerplays of 8 and 4 overs each

That's a rubbish calculation. Losing PP overs as well?

Kusal Perera seems a good talent.hard hitter like the Sanath

This pitch became a road all of a sudden! And our bowlers are bowling some real rubbish, nazmul, mashrafee, shakib all lost to injury

Me an many bangladeshis are now hoping that the light towers fail once again :D

Too much humiliation

we are losing this badly :facepalm:

Poor bowling, really rubbish stuff from our paceman

Bangladesh bowling is cannon fodder. It always been a bigger problem for them than batting.

If I saw this without knowing I would have thought this is T20

Dilshan playing nicely but i am surprised to see 8 fours but no six?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back