Sri Lanka v India | 1st ODI | Dambulla | 28/1/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sehwag missing his 6th match in a row in SL. Too bad. But it gives an opportunity for one of the youngster. I don't have high hopes from India. Hope these youngsters shine.

Vaas will breathe a sigh of relief with Sehwag missing. Recently Sehwag has been severed on Vaas. Is he playing?

hope srilanka continue their winning streak. all the best to srilankan. beat the same way as you did to pakistan and go as worse you can to defeat indian. ok

Good Performance against India always increases your IPL value. Tushara and Kulasekara will be keen to put up a good performance as they are available for next IPL auction.

six runs from the second over, MP should not provide any width to jaya otherwise jaya will smash him all over the ground!

Just look how zaheer khan is bowling. the pakistani bowlers have alot to learn from him. He is hardy giving Jaya any width. 4 overs and just 10 runs. good bowling.

still a quiet start from srilanka. they will be looking to go after Yousuf Pathan, the weakest link of indian bowling attack.

IAJ said:
Just look how zaheer khan is bowling. the pakistani bowlers have alot to learn from him. He is hardy giving Jaya any width. 4 overs and just 10 runs. good bowling.

Well hey this is the greatest bowler in the world, every one can learn and aspire to take one and a half wickets a match and average 29.

:asif :rao :akhtar :gul :sohail

I have doubt Sresanth can come back to indian team, "Indian Team se Ek bar bahar ho jao to wapas select hone ke liye bahoot Mehnat karni padti hai"

Random Aussie said:
Well hey this is the greatest bowler in the world, every one can learn and aspire to take one and a half wickets a match and average 29.

:asif :rao :akhtar :gul :sohail

RA your assessment about cricket players starts and ends with cricinfo rather cricindia stats?

I take it short mid off field is for Sangakkara. It is waste of space for Jayasuriya.

With the quality of the openers Srilanka has i bet Jayasuriya can safely play till he turns 45.

Munaf is walking down and staring Jayasuriya ! lol You don't stare the Lion in its own den. Next ball pulled for 4.

congrats jayasuria for 13000 runs in odi

He is the class player with a good strike rate.

Jayasuriya likes our bowling. 6 centuries already. He averages 36 against us compared to his career strike rate of 32.

The run flow is not that bad except munaf overs. If they can pick couple of wickets now the score will look good from India point of view.

IronMan2009 said:
Jayasuriya likes our bowling. 6 centuries already. He averages 36 against us compared to his career strike rate of 32.

Does your assessment of players begin and end with Cricindia stats?

Random Aussie said:
Cricinfo is the best and the most popular cricket web site in the world. It's not at all biased. It's Cricinfo, not Cricindia.

IronMan2009 said:
RA your assessment about cricket players starts and ends with cricinfo rather cricindia stats?

Hate to break it to you but Cricindia don't own the stats. The stats are the objective measure of how good a player is or has been.

With Zaheer it is particularly annoying because he would be lucky to be in the top 10 bowlers in the world - in fact I am pretty sure he would not be - and then Indians and Wasindian Akram want to say he is best bowler in the world.

On any objective measure of Zaheer Khan he is actually fortunate to be in the team at all.

It would be like someone saying a batsman who averages 42 is the best player in the world. Understand me?

Random Aussie said:

Actually he is quiet good against us. I talk a lot about his shots How he plays around with our field. Not just stats. I can tell individually tell how he hurt us I have watched almost all Indian matches against Srilanka. So i have a fair assessment about his ability against us.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Cricinfo is the best and the most popular cricket web site in the world. It's not at all biased. It's Cricinfo, not Cricindia.

:))) :)))

Bub you are a very polite and civil poster so I will try to respond similarly.

The bias on Cricinfo towards India is pretty clear and obvious. And it is no surprise that almost all their articles are written by Indian writers.

Cricinfo did used to be a neutral site but it is not anymore and has not been for some time. If you really want an example go have a read of the Aus-Ind first 2 Tests in India commentary and tell me you have read a neutral account.

It may be that you do not see the bias because you are an Indian supporter and maybe you are not looking for it or it does not catch your interest. But it is there.

IronMan2009 said:
RA, this is a classic case of misusing the stats.

What is? It is hard to understand what you are saying when you respond (without quoting) in 5 single sentence posts.

Once in a while i expect you to comment on finer details of cricket. Not all the time bringing down some players or discussing unnecessary things. You hardly talk about what is going on in the match.

Everyone is discussing about the match. You had to throw in a stupid argument about zak stats. I guess that probably was 100th time you posted about zaheer khan. I am sure you hope since it is a pakistan site they will like you. I tell you they will also be pissed off when you don't post without objectivity.

He just had figures of 5-2-8-0. When someone appreciates that your blood boils and have to say something about his statistics.

Talented batsman like Sanga oflate has been failing to convert his starts. Srilanka without Jaya is going to be an unpredictable side.

Random Aussie said:
:))) :)))

Bub you are a very polite and civil poster so I will try to respond similarly.

The bias on Cricinfo towards India is pretty clear and obvious. And it is no surprise that almost all their articles are written by Indian writers.

Cricinfo did used to be a neutral site but it is not anymore and has not been for some time. If you really want an example go have a read of the Aus-Ind first 2 Tests in India commentary and tell me you have read a neutral account.

It may be that you do not see the bias because you are an Indian supporter and maybe you are not looking for it or it does not catch your interest. But it is there.
Man, I was pulling your leg with my statement :D

IronMan2009 said:
Everyone is discussing about the match. You had to throw in a stupid argument about zak stats. I guess that probably was 100th time you posted about zaheer khan. I am sure you hope since it is a pakistan site they will like you. I tell you they will also be pissed off when you don't post without objectivity.

Look mate how about you read what is posted?

Pakistan supporter posted that their bowlers should learn from Zaheer. I post sarcastic comment with all their bowler's smileys - who are generally almost all considered to be better than Zaheer - to illustrate they don't really need to learn from him. Maybe he can also teach them reverse swing yeah?

Then you had bite at the bait and here we are.

P.S. Don't care who likes it or not, I am allowed to have an opinion.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Man, I was pulling your leg with my statement :D

You win then :D

Sanga out is a big wicket, he was biding his time. Although Bambi seems to be able to bat.

It is not bait. It is kind of obsession. I see this comment from you about zak in gazillionth thread. I suggest you seperately open a threat like "Is zak over-rated". You can happily bash him. I honeslty don't care. It is just a match thread. Let us just stick to match related details.

IronMan2009 said:
Settled Jayasuriya will be very very dangerous.

He's a dangerous batsman when he is settled. Although, he looks very tired though, so I don't know how much strength he would have left for the big shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back