Sri Lanka v Pakistan | 1st Test | Galle | 23/06/12 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not comparing to Saqi to Ajmal but rather asking if its okay to say that Ajmal belongs in that pantheon of great Pakistani bowlers - Wasim, Waqar, Saqlain

You were probably on planet Pluto when Gul was bowling the English out during the 3-0 mr clever.

Yeah I was on Pluto that day. But I was on Earth rest of the year.

You only came to Earth once in last two years to watch that one day of cricket.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Those wickets were all gifts handed to Gul. Which explains why you could only cite one occasion out of two years to defend Gul. Why dont you go watch that glorious 4 wickets hall on youtube to jog your memories. English players prolly didn't even know his name by the end of the series.

What you don't get is that Gul did well in the England series taking useful wickets. Anyway I don't mind replacing Gul for a better option but not Sami. How many test match failures does this guy need to prove he's poor, and what has he changed in his game to make u think he will have any effect? I care about past record unless a player has changed big time. In Sami's case he would have to have changed so much to be any use.

You are obviously slow to learn lessons, you want to keep recalling proven failures. You may think he deserves more chances, I look at his record and think how was this guy given 32 tests.

No. I dont want to recall Sami. I'd rather play two completely new pacers, like Rahat Ali, and see how they do.

If not, I'd play Sami - since we only have these 4 fast bowlers to choose from this test squad - to see how he does after two years. Last time he played, he started an Aussie top order collapse that saw them get out for 126 or something.

Dumb would be playing someone who has been sucking at bowling, specially in tests, and in general, for two years and expecting him to do something better.

Remember Einstein's definition of insanity? It is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

People who support consistent mediocrity like Gul have no right to criticize someone who hasn't played test cricket for years, was dropped and earned his place back honorably, instead of being a free loader like Gul who knows he doesn't have to do anything to keep his spot in the team.

Ajmal , I'd like to see him get 200 wickets or at least near enough to it before putting him in the elite group .

No doubt he's got the ability and skills but what I want to see is how long can he maintain his good form .

Salam everyone.

Just woke up. Can anyone update me on today's play? (Things I can't find out from just the scoreboard)

Give Junaid a few overs now. Make him go all out pace! He really is a pathetic bowler.

You were probably on planet Pluto when Gul was bowling the English out during the 3-0 mr clever.

Gul was mediocre for the majority of the Tests. He only got the wickets that he did because England were buckling under the pressure and gifted wickets like mad. He never bowled really well, he was ordinary.

Gul is incredibly average. He hasn't improved at all. Averages 32.95, and over the past two years 32.03 with a strike rate of 59.7? Not a single 5-fer in 2 years?

Those are the stats of an average support bowler.

I wouldn't advocate Sami, mainly because I know little about your reserves... But he is far from infallible.

I'd give Ajmal a long rest now and bowl Rehman. Maybe give Azhar a few overs. Come on, do something different!

Gul was mediocre for the majority of the Tests. He only got the wickets that he did because England were buckling under the pressure and gifted wickets like mad. He never bowled really well, he was ordinary.

Gul is incredibly average. He hasn't improved at all. Averages 32.95, and over the past two years 32.03 with a strike rate of 59.7? Not a single 5-fer in 2 years?

Those are the stats of an average support bowler.

I wouldn't advocate Sami, mainly because I know little about your reserves... But he is far from infallible.

then what to do??replace him ......he is poor or average but our best...is there any better than him then replace him...??
by you people standards only ajmal and younis qualify for national side...criticise someone when you have replacement....

then what to do??replace him ......he is poor or average but our best...is there any better than him then replace him...??
by you people standards only ajmal and younis qualify for national side...criticise someone when you have replacement....

Give a chance for some youngsters who can be as mediocre in the national set-up. Who knows, one of them might not be as bad.

There has to be some quick that can oust Gul. Pakistan has a rather proud history of creating good fast bowlers, and you're suggesting there is no one who can do so?

And if Gul was improving, legitimately improving over time, then he wouldn't be so bad.

Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

And Gul hits the nail on the head for that quote.

Last edited:
Give a chance for some youngsters who can be as mediocre in the national set-up. Who knows, one of them might not be as bad.

There has to be some quick that can oust Gul. Pakistan has a rather proud history of creating good fast bowlers, and you're suggesting there is no one who can do so?

And if Gul was improving, legitimately improving over time, then he wouldn't be so bad.

i see only one thing in your post"uncertainty ....may be....has to be...
yes i agree if there is then have him......
but not one....three fast bowlers are needed...and we dont have a single....we can not find one ...so how can we find 3 of them"

i think srilanka will come all guns blazing because of rain prediction in coming days...should get quickly 475 and 500 to declare

yeah lol someone other than ajmal takes a wicket!

lol!!proud moment for your favourite...
though it was no way a wicket taking effort
a wicket is a wicket. And that was an important one, it's exposed the tail.

Don't think Hafeez is a particularly good test bowler. In fact don't really think he's a great test player, never really deserved a test call up as he's never really dominated the first class circuit. But now he's in, wish him the best to cement a spot. Has had a couple of decent test series recently.

Last edited:
when we have a sweeper cover for Hafeez, why dont one for Rehman?

he is giving a boundary every over

sanga 1 run away from scoring 2000 runs against us.

Didn't know this guy averages 86 against Pakistan!

Why not try Azhar against Sanga? Didn't he get him when Sanga scored that double against us recently? :azhar

and thats Tea.

Pakistan have comeback well today, kept the runs down and have taken wickets.

439/8

ayub's looks terrified me...really does not looks only 32 250 days old

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back