Sri Lanka v Pakistan| 2nd Test - Day 1 | Colombo | 12/07/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes gotta keep it on off stump, strays 2 much in line

very tough middle order to dislodge ... one quality batsman after another

Aamir also bowls from2 wide of crease all time, he needs to get clsoer in

And it begins. SL dressing room must be very tense...

srilankas batting is only a little bit better than pakistans...but here pakis have made it too easy for them

cricketpassion said:
lets pray for rain for rest of the test match :moyo

why would I want to do that SL will score 300-350
then we will score 500 and then bowl them out for 200 or less to win by 10-20 runs
If you feel yours prayers will be answered ask for a win why ask for a Draw :13:

I just came back from job n cann't believe that we were all out for 90. I still cann't believe this.. :9: :9:

comon guys, raise your hands and pray for your team to do well. if we win this test match then we could forget the embarassing of getting out on 90 runs only if we win this test match otherwise looks very tough. hope after this break pak comes back stronger and get rid of srilankan batsmen under 150 atleast that should be a great fight back and something for us to cheer about. ALLAH HELP OUR TEAM.

who_dares said:
I just came back from job n cann't believe that we were all out for 90. I still cann't believe this.. :9: :9:

I woke up at 8:50 and thought of checking how its going and was half asleep aswell at the same time, turn the tele on and see 86-8 for a second I thought its the 1st tests highlights they're showing or something then I saw saying LIVE and I was like :O and that was simply the end for me going back to sleep as I had completely gone out of it and look am still awake! :p lol

Ryankhan said:
comon guys, raise your hands and pray for your team to do well. if we win this test match then we could forget the embarassing of getting out on 90 runs only if we win this test match otherwise looks very tough. hope after this break pak comes back stronger and get rid of srilankan batsmen under 150 atleast that should be a great fight back and something for us to cheer about. ALLAH HELP OUR TEAM.

Also unless if someone does an Afridi twist on the pitch if by doing so can help matters in some way! :p

I think he would have given that if he didnt give the first one out.

wow pakistan fall for 90 :))) ......what lousy performance.

well west indies dont look too bad :D

full credit to srilanka though :D

for some reason cant watch the match, but was sanga really out as you guys said but umpire didnt gave out......i hate this stupid umpiring. the refral system should have been used in this one.....

I cant see Ajmal troubling the Sri Lankans much just hope he keeps it tight.

cricketpassion said:
So no chance of rain :13:

Heavy rain showers are predicted in colombo for the last 3 days of this game. Showers are no good though...we need a blanket rain storm from today through till the 5th day :D

If we could get jayawardne or sangakara now this might start a collapse in SL inning.

isn't jawardene woefully out of form - bring on the strike bowlers

KA$H said:
isn't jawardene woefully out of form - bring on the strike bowlers

Yes, logic says that should be the case, lets see how good a captain Younus is.

c'mon YK..Do something different.. bring on Aamer for a while..or perhaps give the ball to Fawad...And plz, stop exhausting yourself for nothing!!!!!

azfar wali said:
If we could get jayawardne or sangakara now this might start a collapse in SL inning.

Inshallah. why the hell is amir and gul not bowling to new batsmen mahela.

younis should stop bowling cuz he may break the partnership but now we need amir back as its already late cuz mahela played 20 or 30 balls.

but still pak has to attack.

this Test is unwinnable now...can only pray that somehow the batting clicks in the 2nd innings, otherwise we are looking at an innings defeat

Only way for pak to win this test now is to restrict SL to under 300 and then get 400 (unlikely but there is always hope) leaving SL to chase 200. Won't be easy but is possible. Just need to hang in there as rain is very likely.

:))) o mere bhaiyyon pehle Sri Lanka ko to out karne do, lead banana to bohot duur ki baat hai

desidudecool said:
batting last will be difficult on this wicket..so even a lead of 100... one never knows

The way things are going, it will be Pakistan batting last not Srilanka!

Its the 1st Day of the match , we still have a chance of winning this one.The Lankan bowlers weren't bowling anything special , it was our poor shot selection that cost us dearly.If our bowlers restrict them to a lead of around 180 then that would be fine and then the batsmen set them a target near 400 but all this will only be possible if we play positive cricket and forget whats happened and move on.Good to see Malik finally doing something for the team :).

Last edited:
Wassixpakistani said:
Its the 1st Day of the match , we still have a chance of winning this one.The Lankan bowlers weren't bowling anything special , it was our poor shot selection that cost us dearly.If our bowlers restrict them to a lead of around 180 then that would be fine and then the batsmen set them a target near 400 but all this will only be possible if we play positive cricket and forget whats happened and move on.Good to see Malik finally doing something for the team :).

L M A O.

I don't think we can expect to make 400 if we failed to reach 100 in the first innings.

this is not brave!!!say srilankan gets a lead of 300 so we should think of making 450 and then run them out under 150....that's the way to think and it should be like that...that's the sprit which the great teams and players should have....and it can be done other wise no way to play the game named Cricket....

Wassixpakistani said:
Great Post :14: we are still in the game.

We will easily win this.
Either way it is either a Pakistani win or a draw due to rain.

i hope that we keep the lead below 300 and then pile up 500 runs to win the test or just do england n second innings

who_dares said:

Asalaam alikum wr wb;

Well your not the only one all of us are SHELL SHOCKED !... I did'nt watch the match from the start as it's a bit early for most of us ( 530 am Start UK Time). But when i did get up late on sunday morning to check the score i saw sri lankan score first 100/2 and then found out that pakistan had already batted that is they were dismissed fo 90 !!! . How did pakistan achieve such a disaster twice..surely this can't be true. Lankans are good and we have a lot of respect for them but surely pakistan batting line up can't drop like pack of cards twice. The likes of younis, yousuf, misbah and akmal really don't have any excuse.

What is it poor form due to lack of test cricket ? or not use to playing on wickets which offer good bounce with lateral and swing movement ? ..or is it the mental scars of the unbelievable 1st test loss ??... I will take the last option cause that's the only rational one i can really understand.

Lets not all be negative, i know it's hard no to be but for sake of fighting out to win or draw this test match we must fight like cornered tigers. Nothing is impossible if the attitude and approach is positive and the spirit is great. We need to raise our morale and believe in our abilities.

First need to bowl out lankans for under 300 and then finally make sure that when pakistan bats in second innings that they get 500 plus score INSHALLAH. Then only can we make a match of this. Everyone from the pakistan team must play out of their skins to avoid defeat.

I had one more look at the scorecard and all I can do is

:))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

90 all out :))

Chalo second innings to abhi baqi hai

We might be able to make 100 :pissed:

ok I'm gonna join these guys

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5V3Whq1q2q4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5V3Whq1q2q4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I really want Pakistan's wonderful record to stay intact in Sri Lanka. We had the similar record in England but we messed it up in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back