Sri Lanka v Pakistan| 2nd Test - Day 1 | Colombo | 12/07/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh you have got to be kidding me........
This is the second time ive woken up, logged onto cricinfo in a hurry in anticipation and been completely shocked, here goes...another day ruined, felt like throwing my laptop out the window to start with.

pakistanbest said:
Rauf gone, not watching it, poor batting, may head of to gym rather than watching this, poor performance but Insha'Allah Malik can get us to a decent total! but just hope malik can score quickly

to become Ghajini?

Malik like an animal caught in the headlights - he needs to take control and play shots - 150 is the target he should be aiming for - needs to rattle SL.

Okay how many wickets did we lose during the lunch interval?

[apologies to lalaji.:))]

guys was there something in this pitch at all? or was it just our batsman being absolutely useless...I remember this is the same ground where shoiab akhtar went crazy and caused the aussies to collapse.

Cmon Malik - show em who's boss... extra lassi in for you if you score a 50...

Afridi_Fan said:
Arey yaar single tu ley kam az kam.

:14: the only guy that survived and willing to fight out instead of throwing it away you criticize him for not taking runs
it is just not about runs he has to bat as long as he can with the tail an keep them away from the stike the runs will come on their own its test cricket no need to score quickly its about trying to stay at the wicket as long as possible

Malik is fighting for his own survival - doesnt have time to farm the strike or protect the bowlers... such is life

gul gone, i blame afridi fan for setting a big goal, lets calm down people and set goals that we can get too, goal is to get 81 runs

MIG said:
Malik is fighting for his own survival - doesnt have time to farm the strike or protect the bowlers... such is life

He'll start from now, I assume

Khabri420 said:
Wow...we are continuously losing a wicket every 10 runs or so
Because 10/1 20/2 30/3 40/4 etc are 'nice' round figures. Look good to the eyes.

Time for Malik to go crazy? Aamer can stick around but while he does that Malik should be trying to hit boundaries. At least get something a little respectable like 130.

I think we are going to better our lowest score, set by us in the last match

Momo said:
Because 10/1 20/2 30/3 40/4 etc are 'nice' round figures. Look good to the eyes.

Gotta give credit to our batsmen. At least they are consistent at something

Khabri420 said:
Gotta give credit to our batsmen. At least they are consistent at something
Yes, giving the Devil its due is our creed.

insaftak said:
gul gone, i blame afridi fan for setting a big goal, lets calm down people and set goals that we can get too, goal is to get 81 runs

My Bad, I am sorry.Revised goal is 81

I don't know whats worse watching Pakistan bat like this or having to watch the angel ad after every over.

Khabri420 said:
As they say, every run counts :inzi
While we are at cliches, it doesn't matter how they come, as long as they come. :inzi

*looks around if he has 'hurt' lalaji with this*

85 up, next goal is to get 86 runs, i'm getting tired can someone replace me and keep posting our next goal

87 is a hugely significant figure. It will potentially decide this series.

Aamir was actually out last ball. Could this turn out to be costly for the Lankans :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back