Sri Lanka v Pakistan| 2nd Test - Day 1 | Colombo | 12/07/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rauf will make 50 from 200 balls. Malik will make 200 from 500 balls

We'll draw.

I'm quite supersticious and I say that Ramiz is behind Pakistan's plight. He says things like "He looks completely at ease" and then next ball, BANG, the batsman is out!

I wish he would learn to be just a little more circumspect. I underastand that Waqar is the same but he can be forgiven because he does not always understand what he is saying.

ok misiion accomplieshed, we just lost 6 wickets in the session.

thts not tht bad, is it?

very well played by Malik. He is the lone key for us now in this innings

Alright...so we made it to lunch without losing another wicket. Next milestone is to have a good session till tea

ice5968 said:
guys how long will the lunch last?

I wish till the end of day 5, but its very very short only lasts for 40 minutes.

Ins't it pathetic?

the rules for the next match should be that whoever doesn't get their score above 30 will be subjected to a apple on their head and a sniper will have to shot that apple 2 miles distance. Everybody will be performing for their lives!

boi..i was hoping KAMRAN AKMAL gonna pull a Chennai test....guess wrong...

I was reading the commentary. I don't know what the pitch was like, but that was a very poor show from MoYo. Where application was needed, he tried to score at over a run a ball and let his side down. Not good from the best batsman in the side.

Paistan and its two hour sessions, we lost the first test beacuse of it and now are well on the way

sohaibsyed said:
lol where are you located? why do we even bother staying awake all night to watch this team

s/he's a true supporter, unlike some of us

sohaibsyed said:
lol didnt notice rauf is still on 0

He hasn't given his wicket away by playing foolish flamboyant shots like the rest of your team has done though. He's done pretty bloody well IMO.

OZGOD said:
I was reading the commentary. I don't know what the pitch was like, but that was a very poor show from MoYo. Where application was needed, he tried to score at over a run a ball and let his side down. Not good from the best batsman in the side.

He wants an IPL contract

sohaibsyed said:
lol where are you located? why do we even bother staying awake all night to watch this team

Where you are, on the East Coast I reckon. It's 2.42am here at the moment.

being sports fan is tough specially if you are Yankees fan and team Pak...Yankees chocked already today..let's see how Pak gonna do here..

OZGOD said:
He hasn't given his wicket away by playing foolish flamboyant shots like the rest of your team has done though. He's done pretty bloody well IMO.

have to agree. He has applied himself at the crease. He needs to do that now for one more session though for Pakistan to have a chance

74-6 at lunch, disastrous. But there is a long way to go guys. Teams have come back from such situations and lived to tell the tale. Right now our main focus should be getting to 150 somehow then trying to bowl out Sri Lanka for anything under 250. If we do that, we have a good chance

Usman Chadda said:
74-6 at lunch, disastrous. But there is a long way to go guys. Teams have come back from such situations and lived to tell the tale. Right now our main focus should be getting to 150 somehow then trying to bowl out Sri Lanka for anything under 250. If we do that, we have a good chance

Well said. We're in a horrible situation courtesy our batting, but Malik holds the key here. If he can carry on the way he has been playing with some level of support at the other end, we can still make something out of this - given that this is considered to be a relatively good batting track.

Usman Chadda said:

Good Post! Aamir and Gul will destroy them.

Usman Chadda said:

That is right, I totally agree with you.

the batsmen just havent shown the dedication, they should have known the first session is always tricky in srilanka, the other dissapointing aspect was that is wasnt great pace and swing thats caused our downfall, no disrespect but srilankas seamers are no more than county standards medium pacers

boy oh boy, so this lot will be travelling to australia this year? looks like more heartbreak await you loyal pak fans. I'm sure that karate girls boyfriend who doesnt call is mom often, the beaded necklace wearing hulk lookalike, hilltophouse, guy from the boyband and the big mcgrath wannabe with small feet could do swing and bounce much better than our guys can!

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to the millions of international cricket fans for producing the worst cricket commentator of all time, Ranjit Fernando.

Ranil Abeyaodjpfjprtdfsfsdood and Roshan Abeyopjdfsdhfsddfsdljcrap are better than Ranjit I think, but thats pretty much it.

Also Rajit must be the only commentator, who's got a dediated hate site: http://ranjitfernandosucks.blogspot.com/
I didn't make that blog but someone who think alike did, so please feel free to read through and contribute if possible.

If Pakistan can make 200 runs the they will win the test match, Malik has to make a 100

RumiNYC said:
being sports fan is tough specially if you are Yankees fan and team Pak...Yankees chocked already today..let's see how Pak gonna do here..

you think its tough being a yankee fan, try being a met fan for a change

LionHeart said:
I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to the millions of international cricket fans for producing the worst cricket commentator of all time, Ranjit Fernando.

Ranil Abeyaodjpfjprtdfsfsdood and Roshan Abeyopjdfsdhfsddfsdljcrap are better than Ranjit I think, but thats pretty much it.

Also Rajit must be the only commentator, who's got a dediated hate site: http://ranjitfernandosucks.blogspot.com/
I didn't make that blog but someone who think alike did, so please feel free to read through and contribute if possible.

have u ever heard zaheer abbass, now that guy is bad

rauf truly is a handy player and if he stays with malik and make couple of runs so malik and rauf could very well rescure pak from here.

Malik cannot afford to get bogged down, need to keep the singles coming and punish the bad bowl, should play responsibly but attacking aswell, Rauf job is to stay their and support malik, 175-200 we need. Pakistan can come back and Insh'Allah we will!

Afridi_Fan said:
So whats the next goal guys?
these 2 bat for the next hour, simple and try getting as many runs as they can, should take it bowl by bowl and look to pick up the singles

pakistanbest said:
these 2 bat for the next hour, simple and try getting as many runs as they can, should take it bowl by bowl and look to pick up the singles

Ok now this goal cant be achieved, you cant do a good job in Fifa manager09, you will be sacked after 1 season.Be realistic.

time for malik to play shots or just don't give them any ball to face

Rauf gone, not watching it, poor batting, may head of to gym rather than watching this, poor performance but Insha'Allah Malik can get us to a decent total! but just hope malik can score quickly

malik sould go 20/20 mode cuzz gul, ammer and saeed are not gone last, atleast we will get some score!

pakistanbest said:
Rauf gone, not watching it, poor batting, may head of to gym rather than watching this, poor performance but Insha'Allah Malik can get us to a decent total! but just hope malik can score quickly

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back