Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | Colombo (SSC)| 07/04/12 | 2nd Test | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Drive

Test Star
Runs
So the match should be decided in the first session. If it rains, it's a draw. If Sri Lanka avoid the follow-on, it's a draw. BUT, if Pakistan can take 5 wickets in the first session and stop Sri Lanka from avoiding the follow-on, we might be in for a game, although a draw will still be favourites. Taking 15 wickets in a day, which include getting Sangakkara out twice won't be easy on a flat pancake, but Pakistan showed yesterday in the latter overs that they are capable of getting quick wickets. Overall, draw has a better chance, but weather permitting, Pakistan still have a chance.

Believe! :imran

Last edited:
If we are to make a match out of this, we must attack first up by bowling Junaid and Ajmal, and Rehman as first change. Cheema is not a bowler, he serves pies everytime, and right now we have 73 crucial runs to play with. Giving easy boundaries will not help our cause. Take note Misbah!

Lol Misbah was telling the team not to tamper with the ball in the team huddle. :)))

Last edited:
Junaid putting his heart into the bowling

Probably because Rehman picked up a wicket before the close of play

time is passing and no wkts falling..... shoulders will start dropping and we are in for a DRAW

Anjelo is new to Test cricket and these guys are giving him batting practice.... why not all out attack, its going to be a draw anyways.

150 for sangakara.

Okay, that's it for me too. Gonna go to sleep now, especially after seeing this match. Allah Hafiz everyone.

Cheema looking harmless here , TBH I would have even Sami ahead of him, at least Sami has pace which is useful on these tracks

Who is to blame here, Pak for keeping all the fields around the boundary line instead of attacking or SL trying to avoid a follow on.

that bowler u guys played in odis who bowled 4 ovrs
he should be in test team
junaid will improve lets see how he does in rsa..

^ I also think that Rahat Ali should be given a few chances in Tests.

icc need to ban pitches like these make even good bowlers look like part timers.

another taufel blunder how many this has been during this test not to even count the crap he did in pak v england. Taufel Umpiring going down hill very fast how was that not out?

if pak manage to get them all out then i hope they built a house and bat and bat till all over are exhausted make SL stay in field make thier bowlers grind it out

Last edited:
Match coming alive. If Sri Lanka get all out still trailing over 150 runs, Can Pakistan send them to bat again?

I think we should bat for about 15-20 overs (60 remaining for the day), slog our way to an overall of 250, and then declare.

That would be awesome.

slog bat 10 overs and score 80-90 runs and put sl in again , first get the last man out.

600-650 was the correct lead. Rain bailed SL out.

Rehman gets 4. All out. Pak should get a quick 70 and send SL back in.

Great bowling in the second session.

This must give Pakistan high hopes for the last Test.

Once again Sanga has been our main opponent.

great effort to bowl them out on such a wicket

fantastic effort

had the rain not intervened in this game we would surely have been inducing a result

Quickfire 70/80 and let SL bat the last few overs or bat out the whole day and make there bowlers sweat it out?

Woolmer will be very happy with the effort the bowlers and fielders have put.

You mean Whatmore.. + we should just bat on. We won't get any wickets now.

bowlers so tired otherwise would have said bat till tea and then have a go but screw it

Okai they got itme to force a result out of it...

Give them 200 runs to chase in 45 overs...

Tahts if they go the Cahoonies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back