Tasmania v Pakistan | Tour Match | Hobart | 19-21 Dec 09

I've been thinking, if YK can't make it to Oz, Nazir should go as a number 3. He started scoring heavily after moving lower down the order in the QEA. A quick 50+ will really set things up for the rest of the order.

How hard is it for Faisal to rotate the darned strike? Waste of freaking space!!!

Random Aussie said:
Averaging 57 with the bat this season and is an outside chance to play for Australia this summer. Really starting to come on as a player.
Nice to know that. He did came close to playing the 2007 T20 World Cup though, was named in the 30-man preliminary squad but couldn't make the cut.

As I type, Junior is going mental and Bhanja has yet to hit a boundary.

Inswinger said:
How hard is it for Faisal to rotate the darned strike? Waste of freaking space!!!
Under no circumstance a strike rate of 37% is justified

Random Aussie said:
Might think about making them bat again.....
Its our batting that needs the practice. Although we need some catching practice as well.

Over 28.3: Drew to Akmal, three runs, full, angles the bat and runs it to deep third man
Over 28.2: Drew to Akmal, wide, bouncer, very short and very high

Akmal's run out. maybe Fawad Alam will get a knock in.

Over 28.5: Drew to Iqbal, no run, OUT, glides straight to gully, inexplicably the batsmen take off for a single, Krejza throws down the stumps with Umar well short of his ground

THAT WAS ALL FAIL'S FAULT :pissed:

Umar should've said no and got rid of the snail.

Last edited:
Nazir_ Rules said:
damn iqbal, he ran akmal out!
and you deduced that how exactly? seems like Umar was running to the danger end so it would've been his call.

misbah scores 1 against a domestic side. seriously enough's enough. i'm sure he'd still play though, we're the only team in the world that has players in the team to catch in the slips. how pathetic.

Over 28.6: Drew to Alam, no run, played back down the wicket, Drew gathers in his follow through and fires back at the stumps striking the batsman in the back, he is quick to apologise

Ouch!

sultanator said:
THAT WAS ALL FAIL'S FAULT :pissed:

Umar should've said no and got rid of the snail.
umar akmal just stands around and only decides to move his ass when the other player begins to run. it's his own fault for not learning. i hope waqar's told him what to do

d0gers said:
and you deduced that how exactly? seems like Umar was running to the danger end so it would've been his call.

Over 28.5: Drew to Iqbal, no run, OUT, glides straight to gully, inexplicably the batsmen take off for a single, Krejza throws down the stumps with Umar well short of his ground

Nazir_ Rules said:
and your point is? it says batsmen, so both of them were involved. and it was played to gully so the closest end to the fielder was the striker's end, which was where Umar was running, so it would've been his call.

d0gers said:
and your point is? it says batsmen, so both of them were involved. and it was played to gully so the closest end to the fielder was the striker's end, which was where Umar was running, so it would've been his call.

Challo, both out, baat kattam.

saadjhussain said:
umar akmal just stands around and only decides to move his ass when the other player begins to run. it's his own fault for not learning. i hope waqar's told him what to do

It's Iqbal's fault for taking the run, he's on strike, he hit the ball, he has a better view.

saadjhussain said:
That's right. In the 3rd NZ test, U. Akmal was standing at the non-striker end leaning on his bat and not moving forward with the bowler's release of the ball. W. Younis was quite upset while commentating.

Two handy dismissals there for Pakistan. Umar Akmal did not need the batting practice and Faisal Iqbal has hopefully ensured that he will play no more test cricket. Now let's hope Alam can take advantage and make a big score.

Shah said:
That's right. In the 3rd NZ test, U. Akmal was standing at the non-striker end leaning on his bat and not moving forward with the bowler's release of the ball. W. Younis was quite upset while commentating.

Agree, now that waqar is the coach, should tell him to fix that problem.

sultanator said:
It's Iqbal's fault for taking the run, he's on strike, he hit the ball, he has a better view.
sultanator bhai, it's always the batsman running to the danger end who makes the call. in this case, Akmal, who showed in the NZ test series that he doesn't back up at the non-striker's end. hopefully this run out will be a wake up call.

edit: mean to say non-striker's end.

shane said:
Two handy dismissals there for Pakistan. Umar Akmal did not need the batting practice and Faisal Iqbal has hopefully ensured that he will play no more test cricket. Now let's hope Alam can take advantage and make a big score.

LOL! Should play waht he is best at, HONG KONG 6's!

I think Rauf's sitting out the whole tour, so Kami's keeping him happy by letting him bat a while, it's the only time he'll get to play after all :)

d0gers said:
sultanator bhai, it's always the batsman running to the danger end who makes the call. in this case, Akmal, who showed in the NZ test series that he doesn't back up at the striker's end. hopefully this run out will be a wake up call.

I think the normal rule is that, if the ball goes in front of square then the striker makes the call. Otherwise, it is the non-striker's call. Of course that is not to say that this is the way that every batsman does it.

Over 30.4: Drew to Alam, one run, punches into the covers, takes off for a single, Cowan swoops on the ball and fires at the bowlers end, ball bouncing over the top with the batsman well short of his ground

Another chance was there.

i think they need to pick 2 out of Faisal Iqbal, Fawad Alam and Misbah. because we need a number 3 and a number 6. i'm gonna guess Misbah will miss out, bhanja will go in at 1 down and Fawad Alam at 6.

hmmm, gul only got 5 overs in this warm up match to gain some form, i wouldn't be surprised if they've had enough of him which is why they've sent rauf in to gain some batting form

sultanator said:
I think Rauf's sitting out the whole tour, so Kami's keeping him happy by letting him bat a while, it's the only time he'll get to play after all :)

WEll, in that case, make the most of it.

d0gers said:
sultanator bhai, it's always the batsman running to the danger end who makes the call. in this case, Akmal, who showed in the NZ test series that he doesn't back up at the non-striker's end. hopefully this run out will be a wake up call.

edit: mean to say non-striker's end.

I guess so. Thank you for the polite explanation :)

shane said:
I think the normal rule is that, if the ball goes in front of square then the striker makes the call. Otherwise, it is the non-striker's call. Of course that is not to say that this is the way that every batsman does it.
you're right, and that's what i said as well, the batsman running to the danger end makes the call. if the ball is hit in front of square, it's usually the striker's call because the non-striker's end is the danger end. and behind square, the striker's end becomes the danger end so the non-striker makes the call. in this case the ball was played to gully, which is behind square, so it would've been Akmal's call.

FAIL is back in with 9 runs and Fawad is out?????????
Can you say confuuuussseeeddd?

Nazir_ Rules said:
Lol! yep! i think he watched kamran in the first innings, and now umar. :akmal :umarakmal
let's hope the akmals are careful when they play at the MCG though :D

whoa what happened there?? all of a sudden Faisal's batting with 12 off 84 and Fawad Alam's out bowled.

d0gers said:
you're right, and that's what i said as well, the batsman running to the danger end makes the call. if the ball is hit in front of square, it's usually the striker's call because the non-striker's end is the danger end. and behind square, the striker's end becomes the danger end so the non-striker makes the call. in this case the ball was played to gully, which is behind square, so it would've been Akmal's call.

I would add to this that the reason for this rule of thumb is because, when the ball goes in front of square then the striker has a clear view of ti and is able to make a proper call. When it goes behind square then the striker will normally need to look around, or behind, in order to see where it went and this may eat up a precious second or two.

Cricinfo says it's 132/4 in 31.0 overs.
Faisal Iqbal 27* (76 balls)
Abdur Rauf 0* (2 balls)

Game over apparently

And with the tea break comes the end of the game with both captains deciding to call the game off, the final result being a draw

according to cricinfo faisal is still around with 27 from 76

Alright so it looks like Alam was the one dismissed rather than Iqbal? That's very disappointing. Im a big fan of Alam but, assuming that the scorecard is now correct, he really is not doing himself any favours at all.

Back