Tasmania v Pakistan | Tour Match | Hobart | 19-21 Dec 09

Have to admit that the prospect of having Asif, Aamer, Kaneria and Ajmal have a go at the Aussies is very mouth watering. It would be perfect if we could also somehow get a 3rd all-rounder quick into the team. Any chance that one of Arafat or Razzaq could fly down? We still have a few days before the test.

Last edited:
26/0 at lunch.

(or as Aussies write it, 0/26. am i the only one that finds this irritating?)

why would they go with Sami? He has not even played in this practice match? It should be between Gul, Rauf and Ajmal.

Sami should not even be contention for carrying drinks.

ali_ed2006 said:
why would they go with Sami? He has not even played in this practice match? It should be between Gul, Rauf and Ajmal.

you are beating a dead horse. this is one of those rare things 99% of PPers agree he should have not been with Pak team

Good move to send Bhanja to open. Butt needs to not bat again. Hehas enough pracatice plus he is on a high after the 150 so we need him confident going like this into the first test.

ali_ed2006 said:

Maybe it's a conspiracy theory?? Yeh! Sami is told to go warm some biryani and make tea just before the national anthems, then he'll get fined and go home!!!

iafzal said:
Good move to send Bhanja to open. Butt needs to not bat again. Hehas enough pracatice plus he is on a high after the 150 so we need him confident going like this into the first test.

Kami really is a smart captain! Or in other countries, he's just another captain you find everywhere you look. Kami actually has some common sense.

What was the point of adding Sami and Malik in the squad if they weren't even playing the practice match? As far as I'm concerned Malik shouldn't even get a consideration for the XI in this series...yet they still retained him. I dont even know what to say about Sami's addition :p

You know, i'm thinkin' Ejaz Butt couldn't be bothered to spend extra money on flights from Pak to Oz, so kept the squad the same.

sultanator said:
You know, i'm thinkin' Ejaz Butt couldn't be bothered to spend extra money on flights from Pak to Oz, so kept the squad the same.

Yet they spent money to get Sami to Aus :13:

Seems like Farhat edging it as consistently as ever. The number of times the ball hits his edge is just phenomenal.

Farhat moving along ... Faisal on the other side might just be the only person slower than Butt.

harisj said:
Yet they spent money to get Sami to Aus :13:
I'm sure he had enough frequent flyer points from the number of times he's been selected, that he ended up as travelling for free! :Sami

"Farhat retires to give practice time for more batsmen."

Farhat retires ... only for the match though.

These commies giving us false hope :p

another fine knock of 1 off 8 balls.

wasted opportunity for Misbah as commentary says it's a pitch looking good for batting.

10 up finally for Faisal.

Great achievement.

If he applies himself he might just get a double-ten.

hopefully misbah failing in both innings means we wont see him for a while.......imo its fawads spot to lose from here

coy0607 said:
hopefully misbah failing in both innings means we wont see him for a while.......imo its fawads spot to lose from here

he took catches..that will give him an automatic selection

kashif77 said:
10 up finally for Faisal.

Great achievement.

If he applies himself he might just get a double-ten.

I think today is the day he beats the world record, HE WILL GET 40*!!!

I am beginning to see what everyone's problem wth Faisal is. He does not seem to be very good.

Random Aussie said:
I am beginning to see what everyone's problem wth Faisal is. He does not seem to be very good.

He got 14 from 45 whereas Farhat got 40 from 45.
Iqbal is crap indeed.

Wow, Umar not off the mark yet?!! He isn't playing his natural game, something's wrong.

Sending Faisal to open was a good move. If he plays he'll come I'm at 3 and given our openers he might have to face a new ball.

Inswinger said:
Sending Faisal to open was a good move. If he plays he'll come I'm at 3 and given our openers he might have to face a new ball.

I have a feeling he'll still fail.
He is... FAIL IQBAL.

i think Misbah has done his part to get Fawad in by his fine knock.

Upto Moyo now how much he values seniority

21st Over
Over 20.5: Maher to Iqbal, no run, defends on the onside
Over 20.4: Maher to Iqbal, no run, punches to point
Over 20.3: Maher to Iqbal, no run, opens the face, glides straight to gully
Over 20.2: Maher to Iqbal, no run
Over 20.1: Maher to Iqbal, no run

Random Aussie said:
He is playing as if he is trying to save a test match.

Replace Rauf and Ajmal with Asif and Kaneria. Then Misbah and Faisal for MoYo and Sami, i think that's a winning combination! Sami's a better batsmen than FAIL Iqbal anyway. In Sydney on the spinning tracks, we can replace the worst bowler with Ajmal.

Lol, didn't knew that Bailey is now captaining the Tassie team.

I've played with this guy, nice cheerful bloke and a good batsman.

Gaaah, someone please tell Bhanja to HURRY THE **** UP.
Gosh i hate to imagine his speed in the bathroom!

Nazir_ Rules said:
GOd so much of this defending, go for the shots, we have a lead of 308.

the whole point of batting practice is to play shots and find some rhythm and form........whats the point of just defending and going nowhere

McBoom said:
Lol, didn't knew that Bailey is now captaining the Tassie team.

I've played with this guy, nice cheerful bloke and a good batsman.

Averaging 57 with the bat this season and is an outside chance to play for Australia this summer. Really starting to come on as a player.

Two weak links- Misbah and Iqbal. No other choice beside Shoib and Alam on the bench. Not much difference between all four. We need to ship them back and fly YK, Yasir, and Razzaq if we want to win the series.

sali said:
Two weak links- Misbah and Iqbal. No other choice beside Shoib and Alam on the bench. Not much difference between all four. We need to ship them back and fly YK, Yasir, and Razzaq if we want to win the series.

I hope you mean Yasir Hameed.

Where are you guys watching the live commentery? Could someone please post the link here. Thanks.

Over 22.5: Maher to Akmal, FOUR, whipped through square leg with exquisite timing

Umar Akmal is agla Lara

coy0607 said:
the whole point of batting practice is to play shots and find some rhythm and form........whats the point of just defending and going nowhere

Exactly my point!

it's just a practice game. Faisal is doing the right thing by getting as much batting time as he can. nobody cares about how fast he's scoring or what the result of this game will be.

And once again Faisal decides to dance down the track to hit the spinner. That's a shot half of PP can play with a random amount of success. This man has VERY limited talent and it raises every hair on my body when I see his name on a scorecard. Ugh...****

Over 24.5: Maher to Akmal, FOUR, short and wide, up and under cut shot over gully
Over 24.4: Maher to Akmal, FOUR, drives straight back past the bowler
Over 24.3: Maher to Akmal, FOUR, pulled through mid wicket, ball flies across the ground

Back