Teams Thread

I thought negotiations were not allowed in this thread?

I see the shrewd guys are trying to get their business in early

Ibad, you remember Sydney Badgers? Daniel had a team loaded with world class players, players that would walk into any other team with ease and he never won the league once. This competition is about management. If you're not a good manager, no matter how good the players you have, you're not going to get very far.

yes i remember. It was the best team with all top strikers and midfielders but he never won it. It is all about management.

When will you/ibad put up/make the transfer thread`?

Today or Tomorrow

Rizzy do we get injuries in the tournament?

Yes.

Ballack, Khedira, Agger, Anelka, Ivanovic, Fletcher(injured)
A decent team, but I would be better off having some forwards.

Last edited:
Plenty of star-studded teams out there! Waiting for some decent transfers....
How long will the injuries take to heal? :)

Last edited:
Plenty of star-studded teams out there! Waiting for some decent transfers....
How long will the injuries take to heal? :)

At start of the season there will be no injuries, but when a player gets injured, it depends on what type of injury he have. If there is a serious injury then he might be out for a long time.

Halwa Puri Legends

Hmmm do i want to be a successful club or a really rich club :) A successful club is not always the richest.

Need to run through my team properly to see who i need and don't need.

let the trading begin.

Just set up my team on paper looks decent but certainly weaker then some of the others.

Certainly got a few CB's and attacking midfielders i can sell.

Rizzy do we get injuries in the tournament?

Injuries, suspensions, players going away on international duty, all sorts. This is some legit stuff!

wat is the status of abidal??

What do you mean?

Guys, can you please not do any transfer negotiations just yet, we want to avoid confusion, plus you don't know your transfer budget yet! Please wait for the transfer thread to go up so you know a bit more about how it works.

Got my 'shopping list' ready...bring on the transfer window

Got my 'shopping list' ready...bring on the transfer window

same already identified 2 or 3 targets but it all depends on the transfer budget

Im going to be like Newcastle and sign some value for money players :moyo

Rizzy or iBad one of my players is not in the list of players, i wanted to see his stats but he was not in the midfielders or defenders players list

Fernando Gago from Argentina

Player added in Midfielders thread. If you guys see some one missing then tell me.

Last edited:
-------------------Abbiati-----------------------

New RB--------Terry------Puyol-------New LB

---------Huddlestone-----Barton---------------

Ozil------------Sneijder---------Cassano------

---------------Villa------------------------------

Last edited:
There will be a custom tactics (formation) thread where you can create a separate formation and tactics for your team to use during this season.

Cool i got the two worst players by far...

You know its bad when the players weekly wage is less than what you earn working part time at a supermarket.

You might be in for a shock or two. This competition isn't easy.

Remember the above two sentences at the end of the season.

Ibad, you remember Sydney Badgers? Daniel had a team loaded with world class players, players that would walk into any other team with ease and he never won the league once. This competition is about management. If you're not a good manager, no matter how good the players you have, you're not going to get very far.

I've never played FM in my life, so how does management work?

So is it just the custom tactics that make a difference in the game, apart from the quality of the players?

Tactics do make a big difference, if you know what you want from your team then custom tactics are brilliant and can result in a team with average players beating a team with good players

Guys is there any other platform or place where i can see how my team plays/links together either then FM as i don't have it?

I dont think so..

That sucks big time as it gives advantage to the mangers who have the game.

Tell you what though i was very very close on buying football manger when it came out in late 2011, but changed my mind last minute because i knew i would be playing it too much and it would start effecting my grades, now i wish i should have brought it at the time

On the upside I got Pirlo......on the dowside I got Agbonlahor!

i am posting updated team threads here. So can some one edit the first post by replacing old teams with new ones.

I have a sexy looking team.

We're going to play sexy football.

(Can't remember which manager said that in real life).

Ibad, I think you've made a mistake with my team. Marcelo should be there.

Yes. I remember that period after Keegan went. We had Gullit, Dalglish and someone else I think before Sir Bobby Robson came in. I loved the Bobby Robson era, great footballers, especially Laurent Robert, I adored that guy.

Then the post Bobby Robson era was up and down, Glenn Roeder, Sam Allardyce :)), Kevin Keegan again, Alan Shearer, Chris Hughton, now Alan Pardew who's seems to be doing a decent job.

Yeah it certainly has been a roller coaster ride as a Newcastle fan, fortunately the last 18 months have been decent and stable

Ibad, I think you've made a mistake with my team. Marcelo should be there.

Sorry for that. I did the editing but there was some error somewhere. You will get you player back after first friendly. Sorry again for that. You will not be able to use him in first friendly. But he will be there for second.

Halwa Puri legends, Biryani Royales. :))) Who's team is Halwa Puri legends?

This league has some taste. :inzi

Sorry for that. I did the editing but there was some error somewhere. You will get you player back after first friendly. Sorry again for that. You will not be able to use him in first friendly. But he will be there for second.

Sure, no worries bro.

Yes, it was Gullit, I went there when he was revealed as boss and I remember the excitement at those words thinking "get in" BUT what followed was :(:(

It was Guillt but didn't he say it first about the Dutch team in one of the Euro games I think.

Anyway the sexiest football was surely produced by Ardiles at Spurs or Newcastle.....that team would either win or lose 5-4! Never knew what to expect.

Last edited:
Ibad where did Lesley Cabrera come from he wasn't in my squad

I had two random extra players, but no sign of Marcelo! :))

Will he be back for the 2nd friendly?

They are part time players guys. When you don't have enough players to fill the subs bench, part time players come into the frame.

But I already had 22 players in my Team - and that's the Maximum number of players allowed so why did I get a part-timer?

Part timers are just for there for friendlies. As friendlies need more subs.

Here are the updated teams, with Marcelo problem solved.
Can someone edit the first post and replace these two teams.

I've updated the Los Galacticos CF and Warriors United screenshots in the openings posts.

Check your teams and if something is missing then tell me..

Ibad will Tiote be able to play the first game after the window or is he still suspended. How long is he suspended for?

All 20 million + signings for Monsters Divided this season. Team looking great :14:

@Ibad - you forgot to add that Lucas Barrios into the Matchfixers team -
Genghis picked him up as a free-transfer after I released him.

ibad, since i will be penalized for not naming squad in time.

Don't i get to keep Brown Ideye?

Lucas Barios is not in my squad.

I picked him up in a free transfer.

Barrios is in the team but not playing the next match. He will be available for the match after round13. I will update the team pic after round13

Barrios is in the team but not playing the next match. He will be available for the match after round13. I will update the team pic after round13
Thanks. Was hoping to use him for this game, but I guess will have to look elsewhere.

Back