The 4th ODI at Ahmedabad: score and discussion, 1st Innings [11/04/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
So friends, its almost time for the big day.

The occasion, 4th ODI between Pakistan and India, location Ahmedabad, the weather hot and humid with Max temp forecast at 38C !

The series still in Indias favour at 2-1 but Pakistani star on the rise!

Just like the 5th day at Bangalore we implored our teams to make us proud and to end the day with our heads held high , we ask for the same effort again!

Question is, has the slumbering giant that is Pakistan ( and its captain ) finally awakened ? Will we see a performance we will cherish forever ?Time for some heroes to rise up and plant the sacred flag on the enemies castle ! Ahmedabad - Wake up - The Pakistanis are here !!!

Go Pakistan - Pakistan Zindabad !!

kid_flag.jpg

[As usual, pls wait until close to start of play before posting your comments ]

from cricinfo -

" sadly the toss has been delayed due to a damp pitch!
the weather is fine and nobody is sure how this happened, Umpires
have decided to have another inspection at 9:00 IST (3:30 GMT)."

:L?

My money is on Irfan Pathan

Toss does matter in these games i hope inzy does not reside to the fact if i lose the toss i will lose the match.
U have to think Positive in such situations

mumtaz said:
so wat to do now after winning the toss? bowl first?

interesting question - here is the forecast "Today: Abundant sunshine. High 102F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph."

kashif77 said:
from cricinfo -

" sadly the toss has been delayed due to a damp pitch!
the weather is fine and nobody is sure how this happened, Umpires
have decided to have another inspection at 9:00 IST (3:30 GMT)."

Looks like Ganguly wet himself [-(

Damp Pitch. What exactly does this mean? has the pitch been tempered with? and how will it effect the game-plan(Or will there be a game?)? Should the winner of the toss bowl first?

I was already to tensed before the game and now this. I dont want to jump to wrong concluions but this sounds really suspicious.

my question is ..

how does the damp pitch effect the batting and balling conditions .. ?
Does it change the dicision of toss winning side due to change of pitch condition?

with so much heat waise, the pitch wud dry out quick but i guess it wud have some juice in the first half hr, its going to be an interesting decision, probably a good toss to lose.

as i write, its reported that match wud start half an hr late with toss being in 5 min.

I personally think if there is no logical reason for the pitch being damp the match should be called off. There is no reason for us to risk our players safety. Plus this sort of thing in the last minute might hamper with the minds of players.

actually it seems that inzi and ganguly are still arguing about whether to start or not.

ground man missing??????
whats happening here

and btw this dampness may effect the decision of the captain who wins the toss. they may just bowl first

30 mins till match starts

play will start 1 hr late, toss in half an hr confirmed by sanjay.

Play will start at 10.00 so far the man responsible for this is missing ...

i think maybe shiv senna changed tactics, instead of digging up the pitch, they took a .....

hopefully pitch would have dried up by then

very strange indeed. It's quite typical really. I was looking forward to this game and now some complete and utter idiot has ruined it.

Is there any reason given for the pitch being damp and will there be any deduction in the 50 overs.

well i think there is something fishy going on here

how the hell can the pitch be damp when its 102F there

there will be a deduction, if the match had started at 9.30 ist, there wud have been no deduction, now i guess there wud be a 3 or 4 over deduction coz 7 overs are supposed to be bowled in half an hr.

harbhajan is not playing according to rediff. now we wud have to contend with murali kartik bowling left arm over into the pads, hopefully butt is going to stay there long enuff.

sanjay was saying that prassana guy who is responsible for the pitch is no where to be found.

sanjay says weird things. he is probably standing behind him...hence sanjay cannot see him...lol!

man i hate this...!

i wanted to see as much of the match...now itll start later in the night...damm!

This sounds really serious. Should ths game continue without knowing the reason for the dampnesss of the pitch.

the curator obviously screwed up big time. and like a typical desi is now not there to take responsibility. seems simple to me. unless there's a conspiracy theory I am missing.

chill guys..its just dampness...nothing life related. unless something serious comes around about what happened to the curator...the match shud go on

whats with this desi crack? i don't see mick jagger taking responsibility for all his little errors roaming around the world asking mommy what they should put in as daddy's name on the school zoo trip form. haien haein ?

"The news is that play will start at 10:00 IST (4:30 GMT)."

This means 35 mins to start.

so if the match is reduced by say 5 overs - will they then limit each bowler to 9 overs - because if they don't india will have an advantage since they only use 4 bowlers (less overs to be filled in by part timers).

hmmm, interesting hash. but i don't see ganguly on one leg, so i'll reserve my judgement on this one.

Gasherbrum said:
whats with this desi crack? i don't see mick jagger taking responsibility for all his little errors roaming around the world asking mommy what they should put in as daddy's name on the school zoo trip form. haien haein ?

:))2

it wud be a 46 or 47 over match but that definitely means that the part-timers wud have to bowl 9 overs.

remember those pics were taken yesterday

why should Inzi do guys?

I have absolutely no idea personally

how long will the juice last? has it already dried up? will it dry up by the time play starts

Hash said:
remember those pics were taken yesterday

that could explain quite a bit. maybe gangs and co werent happy with the pitch and asked the curator to do something drastic. he panicked and screwed up?

there is a case to be made for bowling first and getting sehwag early. but I think he should do the positive thing and set a target.

looks like the indian are up tp thier old tactics of pitch tampering.

i guess now the captain winning the toss wud decide to bat first with more time to dry the pitch and the heat and the fact that lunch break wud be smaller, so less time to recover for the batsmen.

octavian said:
looks like the indian are up tp thier old tactics of pitch tampering.

Octavian, They will fall for it themselves inshallah.
Just wait & see !

"It's going to be a 48 overs per side match and the lunch interval has been reduced to 30 minutes."

cricinfo

its hard really. hopefully the pitch dries up by the time the game starts. might not be a bad toss to lose here, make the other guy decide and hopefully get it wrong. both captains might be tempted to bowl here, and maybe take one of the spinners out for an extra seamer?

it really must be said though, what utter incompetence?? did ramu kaka leave the sprinkler on or something?

what did Ganguly the pitch doctor do then?

firebelly- bowl india out for a low total and then chase it down

well
lets c if bowlers can do it

its really frustrating that inzi have been loosing th etoss so much

why would they take the better spinner out and play karthik ... oh wait, leg stump attack ?

1st test- india won toss
2nd test- india won toss
3rd test- pak won toss

1st odi- india won toss
2nd odi- india won toss
3rd odi- pak won toss
4th odi- india won toss after tampering with pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back