The Ashes | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Day 4 | 6/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edged away. Bit of a misfield and Hussey will pick up four. Good ball.

3/148. Australia need to survive about 15 more mins and then pray for rain. Lots of rain.

Another long hop. Pulled away by Clarke. Didn't find the gap - gets him 2.

180 balls left to survive for the day

England should recall Anderson now. Reverse swing is really starting to go big.

Finn trying to scuff up the wicket

These two look solid but Strauss needs to be more imaginative with his captaincy. Get Pietersen on for maybe a 2-3 over spell and give Swann a break. Bring on Anderson for some reverse.

Good over for Australia. 157/3. Probably one or maybe a couple more before tea.

Aussies ka bachna mushkil hi nahi Namumkin bhi hai.....:)

Tum shahid Hussey ko nahi jaan te. Bare bare situations se bachaya hain uss ne.

Seriously, this is a situation not too different from the one where Younus Khan saved us from against South Africa. True in our match, we had all round contributions of 50+ scores from everybody, but if Hussey and Clarke bat like they are capable of, they could match both those double centuries posted by England. If one of these two gets out before mid day tomorrow, it's game over me thinks.

3 balls ot go. Hussey looks in good nick once again.

Clarke to face that last two [potential] balls before tea.

3/160 at tea - 30 overs left to survive the day and pray for rain tomorrow

That's tea. 160/3. Quite an even session. Good bowling by Swann but a good comeback by Australia to deny him more than 2 wickets. Late Finn strike gave Australia hope but Hussey and Clarke has looked firm.

OZGOD I think your boys will get away with this one thanks to the weather. Pity, you don't deserve to :)

OZGOD I think your boys will get away with this one thanks to the weather. Pity, you don't deserve to :)

What happened, you were cock a hoop this morning mate. Well given how you lot have been helped by weather in the past I reckon we deserve something to go our way :D

Still 30 overs to go - maybe the Incredible Jimmy can get the ball to go Irish and induce a collapse. You are only one wicket from the tail after all...

Hussey & Clarke are the best players of spin in AUS atm and if either of them get out before stumps today with the ball taking turn big time ENG could push for victory tomorrow inspite of rain washing out any sessions play

Last edited:
yeah I would have no complaints if we came up short here. I've seen enough to suggest that the Ashes are coming home. Australia need to take 20 wickets at least once and they can't even take 10. Looking forward to Perth either way.

yeah I would have no complaints if we came up short here. I've seen enough to suggest that the Ashes are coming home. Australia need to take 20 wickets at least once and they can't even take 10. Looking forward to Perth either way.

I have to agree with you here. I see no way of the Aussies taking 20 wickets in any match. It would take something pretty remarkable for the Aussies to come back from this sort of mental torture. England are a settled side with every single player absolutely 100% certain of their spot. Australia on the other hand are having to change the bowling attack completely on a match by match basis. Their bowling trump card for me was always going to be Bollinger, but I am totally shocked at his drmatic loss of pace. This guy was bowling 90mph beauties not too long ago but is suddenly down to bowling in the 70s! Things aren't too great when Harris looks like you're most menacing bowler. And lets not even get started on Doherty!

On the contrary, I would say the way Australia has responded so far, they pretty much deserve to save the game (even though I am supporting England).

I have to agree with you here. I see no way of the Aussies taking 20 wickets in any match. It would take something pretty remarkable for the Aussies to come back from this sort of mental torture. England are a settled side with every single player absolutely 100% certain of their spot. Australia on the other hand are having to change the bowling attack completely on a match by match basis. Their bowling trump card for me was always going to be Bollinger, but I am totally shocked at his drmatic loss of pace. This guy was bowling 90mph beauties not too long ago but is suddenly down to bowling in the 70s! Things aren't too great when Harris looks like you're most menacing bowler. And lets not even get started on Doherty!

I think the extremely hot and dry weather conditions would make it very difficult for any bowling line to take 20 wickets. why pin pointing just the Aussies?

I think the extremely hot and dry weather conditions would make it very difficult for any bowling line to take 20 wickets. why pin pointing just the Aussies?

Because England don't need to take 20 wickets a match to retain the Ashes.

LOL @ Strauss, standing out there forlornly

England begging the umpires to stay on

Will Strauss regret batting on this morning and losing some of that time?

T-Storms predicted for tomorrow as well.

Will the weather help Australia get out of jail or will Swan prevail ?

Will be an interesting day.

australia came into this series with a loser mentality that's why they're doing so badly

As a fair and balanced spectator, I hereby demand a result!

Well the weather comes to our rescue for a change. Sometimes you need a bit of luck to go your way. If we can get out of this game with the series 0-0 it will be acceptable. Obviously there are a lot of problems both with the batting and the bowling but gives us the chance to make amends.

492490-ashes-radar.jpg

If this does turn out to be a draw England will be kicking themselves, because they could've come away from Adelaide with a win instead of the expected draw. Neither team look capable of taking 20 wickets on these types of wickets, but England have the edge with the Incredible Jimmy (though he's looked pretty ordinary today) and Swann, who while he's no Warney is clearly no Doherty either. Problem is there is no support for them. Broad looks like a hack and Finn inconsistent.

For the OZ, need to figure out who can take a wicket. Dougie looks half-fit and short of a gallop, Siddle looks limited, Harris looks an honest bowler but geez he's not going to run through a side. And Doherty looks hopeless. Even Horroritz looks better than him. Twatto is clearly being protected and underbowled. It's a very workmanlike attack with no gun bowler you can throw the ball to to create chances.

^I have a feeling johnson will be back, just for the sake of having a real wicket taking bowler and the fact bollingers been so crap. I think they wanted johnson to have a rest and think things over anyway on a flat deck like this one.
And I'm pretty surprised hilfy got dropped, but harris has definitely bowled well, so maybe hilfy will come in for bollinger? or can you drop an inconsistent bowler after he took a hatrick a match ago? :S
And yeah, last game for xavier in his career until they come around again :p
Back to Hauritz or Steven O'Keefe coming in? Aus selectors haven't gone back to any of the spinners they've dropped.

When did they say that?

throughout. do you think any other Aussie captain would hand Strauss the urn and say you should take this it isnt mine or their coach would say that i dont think we're gonna be there on friday? australians dont give an inch (or a quarter, im not sure) and right now they're expecting themselves to do badly.

English men deserves a win. They have outplayed them in every department so far and deserves the reward.

English men deserves a win. They have outplayed them in every department so far and deserves the reward.

I would agree with you for this series. But i am kind of remembering Cardiff last year atm :p

^I have a feeling johnson will be back, just for the sake of having a real wicket taking bowler and the fact bollingers been so crap. I think they wanted johnson to have a rest and think things over anyway on a flat deck like this one.
And I'm pretty surprised hilfy got dropped, but harris has definitely bowled well, so maybe hilfy will come in for bollinger? or can you drop an inconsistent bowler after he took a hatrick a match ago? :S
Back to Hauritz or Steven O'Keefe coming in? Aus selectors haven't gone back to any of the spinners they've dropped.

I think the Aussies should bring in Steven Smith for Doherty. He looked a better spinner to me, plus he bats.

If not, then go for all out pace attack. Bring Johnson and Hilfenhaus back in the team.

Drop North for Khwaja.

Need Clarke to score a match saving ton here

We need one to go our way. We've had situations in the past where we outplayed the opposition but they escaped with a draw.

I think the plan was always to bring the Hilf back in Perth. I think Harris may miss out.

Need Clarke to score a match saving ton here

Id like a double :D

Cook was out of form nd scored a double
Kp was out of form nd scored a double
Hussey was out of forn and fell 5 short of a double
Clarke should follow suite

Rain has bought interest to the proceedings.A cracker of a day can be expected if aus survive today and tomorrow first session,without losing wickets.

LOL Warney sounds like he's had a bit to drink, he's in full voice in the commentary box :)))

Swann tried to thief Clarke out but failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back